Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter Seven
 
“I dunno…”
 
I looked up at Tsuzuki hopefully, eyes begging. Come on! I am NOT going to stay cooped up in your house with nothing to do!
 
“They may get angry with me…”
 
Just take me with you to work!
 
“Especially Tatsumi, and then Watari might use you for his experiments…”
 
So? I'll bite them!
 
“Well, there's really nothing for you to do here anyway…”
 
Yes? Is that a yes? It sounded like a yes!
 
“You can come.”
 
YES!
 
Tsuzuki picked me up and put me in one of the pockets of his trench coat. The pocket itself wasn't deep at all, it was high up on the coat and I could see things passing by without having to do much. It was awesome.
 
Tsuzuki obviously walked to work, cause he closed his door, locked it behind him, and began to walk passed the woods near the house and down a small dirt path. It felt funny to be bouncing slightly in his pocket, but I didn't mind much.
 
It took roughly fifteen minutes, but suddenly, I found myself looking around at an endless sea of trees. The strange thing was, they were Sakura trees, and they were in bloom. But it wasn't the season for cherry blossoms. This place was weird. And there was that tan building with a bunch of windows and four pillars at the entrance. What was this place?
 
“Welcome to Ju-Oh-Cho, Hisoka,” said Tsuzuki happily.
 
Ju-Oh-Cho, huh? Weird name. English translation would be close to something like: “Ministry of Hades”.
 
My eyes grew wide. Oh, do NOT tell me that this was hell! It was too beautiful to be hell! Tsuzuki caught my look and chuckled. “This isn't what you think it is. My job is Shinigami. I sort out things like a supernatural phenomenon. It's a rough job, with vampires and scary things. Don't worry, mostly it's just paperwork.”
 
So, he was a Guardian of Death. I thought they didn't exist. Boy, am I surprised now. Well, I should expect the unexpected. I didn't do that this time. Stupid me. Anyway, as Tsuzuki was walking up the steps, a seriously calm voice said, “I see you're on time, Tsuzuki.”
 
Tsuzuki turned with a smile, “Hiya, Tatsumi!”
 
I looked to the right to see a man a little taller than Tsuzuki, slightly lighter brown hair, piecing blue eyes behind perfectly rimmed glasses, thin, He looked pretty damn professional. He saw me and asked, “And why, may I ask, have you brought a kitten to work?”
 
I mewed softly, hoping to get his stern look to soften. It did. Go me!
 
Tsuzuki let out a nervous laugh and said, “Well, I couldn't leave him home alone, he'd get too lonely.”
 
“Well, don't let him cause any mayhem,” the secretary warned. “And try not to introduce him to Watari. He seems to be in far better mood than normal.”
 
“Thank you, Tatsumi!”
 
Tsuzuki seemed much happier now, I mewed again. For a few seconds, I thought I saw a flicker of a smile on Tatsumi's face, but in the next second, it was gone. I sensed a slight guilt in him, along with some happiness and remorse, and a flicker of content. I was able to see into the hue of his soul and he was gentle and caring. On the outside, though, he was strict and sometime harsh. Stern guy…
 
Before I could sense anything more, Tatsumi nodded and walked away. Tsuzuki headed inside the building, grinning. He really was happy now. Guess it was the fact that the sternest guy in his work allowed a kitten in. Then the guy was a softie! I knew it! I grinned.
 
“What's so funny, Hisoka?” Tsuzuki asked, looking down at me. I just craned my neck towards him, my grin leveling down to a soft smirk. I don't think he understand, but oh, well. It didn't matter, really.
 
Just then, emotions slammed into my core. I felt joy, happiness, and excitement as two loud girly voices shrieked through the hall, causing my sensitive kitten ears to press against my head in an effort to block out the noise.
 
“TSUZUKI!!”
 
In two seconds, two girls were clinging to Tsuzuki to hard and quick, he fell to the ground, but he was chuckling. I escaped just in time, landing on the floor gracefully as I saw who had just attacked him. Now that I looked, he was exactly being attacked, more like being hugged too tightly. Two girls, looking very similar, were clinging to him, big smiles plastered on their faces.
 
Tsuzuki laughed and shouted, “I give! Saya, Yuma, come on, now!”
 
The girls backed off and helped Tsuzuki back to his feet. One of the girls looked at Tsuzuki and asked, “Hey, is it true you have a kitty, Suzuki?”
 
The other girl nodded and said, “Yeah, is it true?”
 
Tsuzuki nodded back as he looked down at me before picking me up, putting me at eye level with the two girls. They squealed as Tsuzuki explained, “This is my new friend, Hisoka. Hisoka, these are my others friend. The one on the right is Saya and the one on the left is Yuma. Girls, this is Hisoka.”
 
“SOO KAWAII!!!!” they squealed in unison. I pressed my ears against my head again, hissing slightly in pain. Not only were their voices annoying, their emotions were getting out of control. Happiness, passion, joy, excitement, hyper, cheerfulness, anything else that fit in that category, I could feel as well.
 
Tsuzuki put me back in his pocket and apologized, saying, “Sorry, girls, but we have some paperwork to get done. Plus, I need to talk to someone.”
 
The girls nodded enthusiastically and bounced away, waving a quick goodbye. God, how could Tsuzuki stand those girls! They were annoying! And too hyper, I might add. Tsuzuki walked down the hall a little bit more before he reached a door and pushed it open. He was greeted by another girl, but this girl wasn't all hyperactive.
 
The girl was average height, curly orange locks of hair that bounced, a cheerful expression and happy golden-orange eyes. She wore a blue outfit with two red ribbons in her hair. “Oh, Tsuzuki! I'm so glad you're finally here. I made your favorite! Double chocolate chip cookies with extra sugar, vanilla icing and sprinkles!”
 
Tsuzuki beamed at her. “Aww, thank you, Wakaba-chan!”
 
Wakaba, I suppose as her name, smiled at Tsuzuki before spotting me. “Is that your kitten?” she asked, reached out her hand to pet me. I let her pet me, which made her smile even more. She was cute when she smiled, I'll admit.
 
Tsuzuki nodded as he took a bite of one of the cookies on a plate on his desk. “His name is Hisoka,” he answered, spraying out a few bits of cookie everywhere. I rolled my eyes. Idiot. Wakaba smiled and patted my head. I licked her hand and she giggled.
 
He exited he room with a wave and a cheery farewell. She was more happier than when she came in. Looks like her day was going well… Tsuzuki sat down at his desk, enjoying the cookies Wakaba had brought him. I watched him carefully again. He seemed like a normal everyday person, now. The silence in his office was comforting in its own way.
 
The silence was shattered by a loud explosion some doors down, causing our office to shake. I fell off the desk, but Tsuzuki caught me. He didn't really have to, but guess he was worried. I licked his nose as a thank you and he smiled. Just then, the door burst open and smoke filled the office. Someone coughed in the smoke and came out, swatting in the air at the grey cloud of gas.
 
The man was around Tsuzuki's height, long golden hair and honey eyes, wearing round glasses, a white lab coat and had a small owl perched on his shoulder. His emotions were nothing short of surprise, disappointment, and he was VERY hyper. Stupid genki. Already, he was a pain in the ass to me. He coughed and said, “ I was just informed by Saya and Yuma that you have a kitty cat! Lemme see him!”
 
He spotted me and reached out to get me, but I hissed, scratched him, and bared my teeth. The genki was surprised, then he looked at Tsuzuki, who shrugged and quickly said, “He don't' usually act like that, I think you scared him a little, Watari.”
 
I hissed again at the said person, crouching low and backing up towards Tsuzuki. The guy, Watari, didn't seem one to give up so easily. He reached out again and this time, my claws went deep into his skin. He released me and I hissed again. A hand fell on my back and I turned to slice that person, too, but it was only Tsuzuki.
 
I calmed down and relaxed, sitting down, looking at my friend. Tsuzuki smiled at me slightly and looked at the genki, saying, “And no, you can't use him for your new potion.”
 
“That wasn't what I was gonna ask!” the pain in the ass genki exclaimed, playfully being hurt.
 
Tsuzuki sighed and said, “Well, since when will your potion work on a kitten anyway? What do you want with Hisoka?”
 
“Hisoka, eh? Strong name for a kitten, Tsuzuki,” commented Watari, looking at me carefully. I hissed at him again, my fur standing on end.
 
“He's mysterious, in his own way. That's why I named him Hisoka,” Tsuzuki explained, sounding only slightly impatient with the other man.
 
“Ah, I see,” replied the other man, looking at his scratched hand. I smirked in satisfaction. But then, my jaw hit the desk. The scratches suddenly vanished as though they were never there. I stared for a moment, then glared at the genki. WTF did he just pull?
 
Obviously noticing my confusion, the asshole proudly put his hand in my face and exclaimed, “We shinigami are immortal! All of our wounds heal! You can't do anything that will hurt us!”
 
I hissed and bit him this time. He pulled back with a shriek of “Ow!” and held his bleeding hand. I hissed again. Yeah, right! Not hurt him my ass! This guy was officially pissing me off! And pissing me off is obviously not a good thing! I got up on all fours and walked across the desk, sitting next to Tsuzuki, all the while glaring at the scientist.
 
The owl on the scientist's shoulder hooted a little and flew over to me, landing in front of me. I cocked my head at it. It, in turn, mimicked me, cocking its head in the opposite direction. I smirked. This was gonna be fun. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to put my sudden idea into action, cause the genki called back the bird, a slight fear in his voice. I stared as the owl, 003, I think he called her, flew back to his shoulder and settled there.
 
I rolled my eyes. Look, I wasn't going to eat the bird, if that's what you were thinking! Stupid pain in the ass. I wanted to make that owl mimic me so much, it's head spun! Damn genki…
 
Said person was suddenly talking to Tsuzuki, pulling out a vial of weird and shaking it dangerously. Tsuzuki shook his head. I couldn't really hear what they were saying, I was in my own world. I snapped back to reality when I felt something cold splash down over me, sinking into my coat and making me shiver. Everything began to spin and get blurry. I faintly remember Tsuzuki calling out my name, and I was shaken, but I couldn't move.
 
I slipped into the darkness.
 
~Ariadiamus late ariadiamus da
ari a natus ave adua
A-ra-va-re tu-e va-te
a-ra-va-re tu-e va-te
a-ra-va-re tu-e va-te la-te-a~
 
-Adiemus, “Adiemus”
 
A/N: I'm mean to Watari, huh? Sorry, but I couldn't resist! I had to! And what just happened to Soka-chan? Review to find out!