Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Smile I ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Smile
By: eternalsailorsolarwind
Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei belongs to Matsushita Yoko. I only own the manga and DVD box set.
 
A/N: More Fluff. Hisoka x Tsuzuki this time.
 
 
Little Things
 
Smile
 
Hisoka watched his partner actually do his work for a change. It was a rare thing for the elder shinigami to actually buckle down and attack his paperwork, which was why Hisoka couldn't help but stare. In their entire partnership, he could count on one hand the number of times that Tsuzuki took the bull by the horns and willingly tried to whittle down the stack of paperwork on his desk.
 
Hisoka wondered if he should promise an apple pie for dessert more often if it would get this much effort out of his partner and lover. After a moment of seriously considering it, he decided against the idea. After awhile, even Tsuzuki would get sick of apple pie.
 
A flash of violet caught Hisoka's eye and he focused on it. Tsuzuki had paused, pen in hand, to look at his partner. Flushing slightly, Hisoka glanced away, before looking back. And there it was: the simple smile that always took his breath away.
 
Tsuzuki always smiled, but the vast majority of them were false. Early on in their partnership, by using his empathy, Hisoka had been able to determine which smile was true and which was false. But over time, he had needed to use his empathy less and less to see Tsuzuki's true smile.
 
Because Tsuzuki only gave true and real smiles to him.
 
It was the little things that Hisoka noticed now when Tsuzuki smiled at him. How they reached all the way to those exotic eyes that could always make Hisoka feel like he was drowning in them. How the corners of Tsuzuki's mouth turned down, and little laugh lines appeared next to his eyes. The hands that reached out to gently touch him; brushing the hair out of his eyes, or to caress him.
 
But best of all was what he did feel from his partner: a pure pleasure to see Hisoka; love, respect, and caring.
 
To see that smile, Hisoka was more than willing to buy Tsuzuki an apple pie. To see that smile, he'd move Chijou and Meifu itself if Tsuzuki asked him to. Because it was that smile that saved him; brought him out of his past and let him learn how to live for real.