Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Smile II ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Smile II
By: eternalsailorsolarwind
 
Disclaimer: No, sorry. Still owned by Matsushita Yoko. I just play with her characters.
A/N: Tsuzuki x Hisoka. The other side of the smile coin. Fluff, with a little bit of sap thrown in for good measure.
 
Italics = thoughts
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000
 
“Baka.”
 
Sighing inwardly, Tsuzuki gave his partner puppy eyes, “But Hisoka…”
 
“No! You've already spent almost all of today's meal allowance. There's barely enough left for dinner. So no, you can not have any dessert,” retorted Hisoka, frowning up at him. Those green eyes that reminded Tsuzuki of emeralds were hard and unyielding.
 
Getting a dessert tonight wasn't going to be easy, realized Tsuzuki. He gave his partner a measured look, judging his chances of success. None, he realized, defeated.
 
Seeing that Tsuzuki was giving in on the dessert, Hisoka relaxed. “If you don't have any dessert tonight, there will be enough left over to have one tomorrow. If it's small, and you only have one,” cautioned Hisoka, seeing the joyous look in his partner and lover's eyes. Unable to help himself at seeing the look on Tsuzuki's face, he shook his head, a slight smile gracing his lips.
 
Tsuzuki stared at his partner. A smile, a real smile. And out in public, no less. Hisoka rarely smiled. Tsuzuki could count the times that the younger man smiled per week on one hand. More often at home than at the office; he never smiled in public. It wasn't healthy for Hisoka to keep his emotions - any emotion - bottled up all the time. Even Tatsumi thought so. And that was saying something, coming from him.
 
So when his lover actually did smile, Tsuzuki treasured the moment. It felt like he was trusted by Hisoka; being shown a side of the young shinigami that few ever saw.
 
A side only for me, Tsuzuki thought, sealing the memory of the moment away in his heart.
 
“Sank yuu, Hisoka,” he said quietly, his voice warm.
 
Hisoka looked at him strangely for a moment, before catching the train of the elder shinigami's emotions. Blushing, he glanced away, the smile slipping from his face.
 
Tsuzuki mourned its loss, but reached out and gently touched his lover's cheek. Hisoka looked back at him, still blushing, eyes wide as he unconsciously pressed his face into the soft touch.
 
“Seeing you smile is enough of a treat for me tonight, `Soka-chan,” Tsuzuki said, his voice still low and warm.
 
“Tsuzuki……”
 
The hand left Hisoka's face, moving to brush wheat-blond hair out of his partner's eyes. Smiling, because the younger man meant so much to him, he continued, “Best treat I could have. Better than chocolate, even.”
 
He chuckled at the look on Hisoka's face. It never ceased to shock his lover when Tsuzuki compared him to his favorite sweets. His smile is better than any dessert, no matter how sweet.