Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Sucker ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Chapter 21: Sucker
 
By: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl
 
Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei and all of its characters are owned by Matsushita Yoko, her Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for grins and giggles.
 
A/N: The latest chapter in this slowly on-going series. Only one thing can get under Tatsumi's skin and make that iron discipline waver.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
There was only one thing that could melt Tatsumi's stern demeanor. He'd discovered the flaw in his iron resolved shortly after arriving in Enma-cho. Dismayed at his realization, he kept his distance from is former partner, Tsuzuki, so as to remain unaffected.
 
It didn't work. Tsuzuki sought him out, turning his weapon on him almost every time they met. Powerless against it, Tatsumi always gave in to every demand. Even after all these years, the secretary crumbled; no immunity built up. Thankfully, no one realized it's effectiveness against him - other than Kurosaki-kun, who would never stool to using it against him.
 
Watari passed Tsuzuki as the purple-eyed man skipped happily out of Tatsumi's office. Amused, he sat across from the kagetsukai, who as pinching the bridge of his nose underneath his rimless glasses. Eyes closed as he massaged the spot, Tatsumi had obviously not yet noticed the rumpled section of his shirt from where his former partner had glomped him.
 
“Sei,” began the blond scientist, “let's go out for lunch. Just the two of us.”
 
“Watari-san,” replied Tatsumi pointedly, smoothing his shirt. Reminding his lover that they were at work, and conventional forms of address applied. “I'm booked solid this afternoon. I don't have time.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I'm positive. I have to….” Tatsumi trailed off in horror as Watari's lower lip began to quiver.
 
Unable to look away, the secretary watched as his lover's blue eyes took on a damp shimmer, as if he were trying not to cry. The kagetsukai wondered, wildly, when the scientist had discovered his weakness to puppy-dog eyes. Though he knew the look was calculated, that did nothing to blunt its power over him. He felt himself begin to cave in.
 
“Not you too,” muttered Tatsumi, automatically reaching for his calendar. The budget would have to wait until after he had lunch with his lover.