Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot ❯ part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot

By Mikarin

continuation... from part 2

Standard disclaimer applies.

(Previously...)

Hisoka managed to finish within one hour. He was amazed at the amount of writing he managed to accomplished just by sitting with Tatsumi, quietly doing his work and Tsuzuki sitting outside with his mouth shut, but screaming inside, 'I hate you Tatsumi', 'Help me Hisoka'.

(Let's continue...)

Tatsumi was having the time of his life. Watching Hisoka work so swiftly and so into his work was a pleasure. The boy's writing was ligible and clean, unlike that of his partner's. Tsuzuki was actually working if much slower than his partner. Hisoka finally stopped scribing and put his pen down. Closing the last file he had in front of him and placing it neatly back on his pile.

Tatsumi was happy. But he let the boy sit quietly for a bit longer. See how much work he could get out of the man-child seating outside, sending glances toward his partner every few minutes to see if Hisoka would pay attention to him.

Until a loud rumble disrupted his line of thought across the ledgers, Tatsumi had not considered it was time for lunch. He had tortured Tsuzuki enough using his greatest weakness. He will have to explore more on this subject later. For now, it was enough to know that holding Hisoka away from his partner could be beneficial, to certain extent.

Tatsumi left his desk and walked toward Tsuzuki looking over his shoulder. Tsuzuki shrunk in him seat like a preschooler. Hot nearly a quarter of what his young partner had accomplished but at least it was the most he would be able to get out of Tsuzuki.

Without overloading Kurosaki, he really couldn't hold him. After all, the boy did more than his share on a daily basis. It would be unfair to give him more, after he also did some of his lazy older partner's workload out of mercy no doubt. As much as he had done on his day as Tsuzuki's partner once upon a time.

"Kurosaki-kun it's lunch time." He gave him a warm smile, after awaking the boy out of his trance.

At the sound of lunch bells that rang in Tsuzuki's head, he sprang off his chair. Doing a happy dance "Yay Tatsumi."

Hisoka had been thinking about heading to the library to pick up a book, but was unsure as to how to go about the task without getting groped by the perverts roaming the building that had booby trapped the entire building with mistletoe branches. He could teleport, but what were the chances of him not getting caught there too. Especially since Tsuzuki would know if he was hiding there. The little happy yelp and the calling of his name brought him out of his dilemma.

He will go to lunch, Tatsumi waited for him by the door as he looked up. There was safety in numbers, especially if Tatsumi was around.

Tsuzuki skipped happily toward the lunchroom, behind them Watari came running, aiming not at Hisoka, but at Tatsumi. Tatsumi sensing his noisy approach, simple side stepped and Watari ran into Tsuzuki, taking him down.

Hisoka wasn't sure whether to laugh or be terrified that even Tatsumi was not safe around these maniacs. They stayed close to the wall. Tatsumi closed his eyes and shook his head letting a sigh escape him.

"Idiots." They said in unison, under their breath.

"Worse than children." Tatsumi then turned to Hisoka. "Perhaps it would be safer if we simply stepped out of the office for a while." Hisoka nodded in agreement staring at Watari and Tsuzuki trying to untangle from each other.

Lunch was quiet, peaceful and uneventful for the exception of Tsuzuki who could never do anything quietly, least of all eat. Watari turn down coming along. He said he had an experiment going that needed supervision, to which Tatsumi screamed to get back into the lab before it blows, again, 'or suffer more budget cuts'.

After being dragged to a nearby bakery for, as Tsuzuki put it, the most important part of the meal, the whole point of having a meat, in fact, they returned together back to the office. The weather was cold but tolerable, sunny and bright. No chances of rain or snow, not just yet, so people were busily shopping around for last-minute presents.

"Tatsumi, a present." Tsuzuki returned with a small bag and box hopping with joy and smiling happily. From the bag, a cupcake came out.

"Ah,… Thanks Tsuzuki. I gather we're ready to return to the office."

"Do we have to?" Tsuzuki's ears flopped. "It' such a nice day, and we're out here already. Can we just take a walk?"

Hisoka interfered.

"No! It's cold."

"Naa, Hisoka, you're just too skinny, not enough meat in your bones to keep you warm. You hardly eat." Tsuzuki whined as he danced around them.

"Ha! That's OK. You eat for the both of us." Hisoka snorted offhandedly giving his older partner a rather cold frown.

Tatsumi noticed their behavior. That cold stare held nothing but warmth. It was funny how they bicker, like two old ladies, yet really good friends. But it was true, the boy lacked fat, but that was not his fault. Though, he had played with most of his food and ate only a third, while at the end Tsuzuki had wolfed it 'to keep it from going to waste', he quoted for his benefit. And yes, food was a waste of money if nobody ate it.

"But for my 'Soka-chan, I would even forfeit my dessert."

Tsuzuki confessed expanding his arms with box on hand in a rather exaggerated gesture on bended knee and bowed head.

"You would." Hisoka turned his head, closing his eyes and growing a pink blush sensing how passers biers were beginning to stare. He opened one eye to look down at him getting annoyed, arms crossed and growling at Tsuzuki. "You know perfectly well I don't like sweets so there's no risk."

"Aha! My 'Soka-chan's so sweet he doesn't need any. But,…" He dug into the bag he carried and pulled a second cupcake and presented it to Hisoka. "Here. Just the same. This one's not as sweet. I asked for one without frosting, just for my 'Soka-chan."

"Stop calling me that." The color on his cheeks got darker, but he took the gift nevertheless. Mumbling something under his breath.

"What's that?" Asked Tsuzuki on his feet once again and next to him really close to his ear expecting to hear it again.

"Baka, why do you have to go and do a stupid thing like that." He had mumbled, and he added. "Now I have no choice… but to eat it…. Later."

Tatsumi couldn't help but break into a smile that he hid as he adjusted his glasses with a hand over his face. It was just too funny how Tsuzuki could make them do things, even his standoffish partner. It was obvious, he was wearing him down. Hisoka really didn't have to eat it. But the way Tsuzuki went about things, it was hard to say no. He looked at his own cupcake. His had white frosting with red and green sprinkles.

Hisoka nibbled at it bit by bit as they walked back to the office. Tatsumi ate it too. Tsuzuki was giddy and ogling his young partner every time he took a smile bite. Hisoka eventually noticed and blood rushed up to his cheeks. To cure himself from being a spectacle to be watched, he forced the cupcake back into his childish older partner and asked him to finish it for him.

For which, as Tatsumi noted, Tsuzuki was happy to obliged molding his lips to where Kurosaki's lips had been and devouring those bits first. He could only imagine what Tsuzuki was daydreaming about every time he did that. Tatsumi concluded, Tsuzuki has finally lost it and desperation fever has driven him there.

As they arrived a surprise awaited Tatsumi in his office.

TBC... part 4 next

A/N: Tsuzuki it's just too sweeeet.... I love cupcakes. Mmm, mango, blueberry, strawberry, banana-nut, all good. My sister baked dozens to give the family for Christmas. I'm just too lucky, she can bake all sorts of goodies.