Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot ❯ part 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot

By Mikarin

continuation... from part 13

Finally and update.
I was supposed to post this two weeks ago. Many things got on the way.
Sorry for the delay. Here it is.


(Previously...)

Both shinigamis made a face. They knew how much Konoe liked karaoke. He'd probably be singing and drinking all night and hogging the mike all for himself.

(Let's continue...)


Tatsumi checked himself out of the library carrying along the two books Kurosaki had picked as reading material. Some light reading. He remembered the first book he ever saw the boy carry around. It was thicker than him and just as heavy--all about demons, courses and demonic possessions--an illustrated encyclopedia of sorts. He felt consumed with curiosity now that he had heard Terazuma's observations on their youngest employee. And the Sokaiya book, he believed that he would like it, maybe some ideas might spring forth on how to increase funding for their little department. He smirked quietly, hoping that Hisoka might take his time in picking them up from his office. It should give him sufficient time to browse some of its pages.

Watari was in a mad run with his new set of barrier braking concoctions when the heavy set door to the library swung open.

Splat!

Tsuzuki balked behind his friend, trying to break before crashing against him. He tried walking backwards and skated on the floor falling backwards.

Ow, right on his ass, too.

Tatsumi walked out noticing how the door suddenly got stuck as he was exiting; curiously he peeked and saw Tsuzuki attempting like crazy to fall back before running into the door. What he had missed was the blonde hair sticking out in odd directions and liquids running down a leg pant and a few scrolls and charms rolling out.

Before he could speak in concern to his two coworkers it came to him that the only reason these two could be here together was one very pretty shinigami that had one of his coworkers making cartwheels all over the office to attract his attention.

Tatsumi sighted quietly and shook his head lightly feeling a relapse of the previous headache from earlier, after his office had been desecrated.

Tatsumi simply said, "I believe you are a bit late Tsuzuki-san, Watari."

Watari dislodged himself from the wooded door holding his face with both hands.

"Tat-umi ou werc, i-e too uatshh pho in-omin' traph-hic."

Tatsumi pursed his lips trying to suppress a smile from breaking free, roughly translated Watari had said, 'Tatsumi you jerk, try to watch for incoming traffic'.

"I ting uo wok mie noose."

"Aa. Tsuzuki, what about you? Anything broken?"

Tsuzuki shook his head, more concerned for Watari watching him from the floor as a child would another, empathizing with his friend's pain and about to break into sobbing cry too.

Tatsumi shifted his paperwork on his arms to free a hand. Balancing the load on his hip Tatsumi grabbed Watari by the wrist and tried to guide him at best he could back to the lab where he could help set his nose straight before it could start mending bone and cartilage. He would hate having to break it on purpose next time just to set it in place.

Tsuzuki suddenly remembered why they were there in the first place and was undecided to either follow Watari and Tatsumi or wait for who else was coming out of the library next. He was still resentful Tatsumi had spent all that time with his partner in Tsuzuki's place.

Tatsumi looked back when Tsuzuki couldn't make up his mind, looking back and forth from the library doors to his two coworkers. Of course Tsuzuki was there for only one reason, he'd finally figured out where the young blond was and came to do some damage--costly damage. Sad and tired, he looked at both co-conspirators to commit him to the loony bin and resigned to his fate, Tatsumi nodded as in agreement with himself and…

"If you're looking for Kurosaki-kun, he should be out soon. Terazuma is looking for him to let him know we're free to go. He'll be looking for his books and I have them."

"Terazuma?!" Tsuzuki said incredulously. "I'll wait." A mix of over-protectiveness and a bit of jealousy helped make up his mind. "What the Hell was Terazuma doing there any way?" He said gruffly.

Tatsumi answered already moving with his invalid friend that was making his weight known on his shoulder, over-dramatizing his injury. "He was the first trapped in there since mid-morning." Tatsumi and Watari went round the corner leaving Tsuzuki settling for the floor in front of the library doors.

Watari was in cloud nine, heavenly hanging from the arm of Tatsumi while he dripped blood all over the floors, leaving a lovely trail. It hurt, but he didn't care. Until he and Tatsumi were about to pass the threshold to his lab.

He attempted to launch himself into a kiss under one of the mistletoes throughout the offices, with the exception of the library, but he forgot he was still holding onto his nose. Tatsumi managed to evade him, trying to salvage what was left of his suit jacket that was already stained with Watari's blood and Watari crashed against the opposing wall.

Oow!

"Look up and let go of your nose." Tatsumi ordered rather coldly.

A moment later he felt some gauze being pressed against his face.

"Awww!"

And something wet wiping his face around the injured area.

"It's beyond me how you always manage to do damage everywhere you go. What were you planning to do to the library Watari?" Tatsumi asked with a warning yet scolding tone in his voice that told the scientist he was skating on thin ice.

He couldn't talk very well with his head bent back and a nose bleed coagulating, so he simply attempted to laugh and find a bit of humor on how he was going to work himself out of getting his funding cut in half.

"I hope you were not attempting to blow the library. We do not need you also getting banned from the library. With Tsuzuki it really makes no difference… but you are a different story. Sometimes you do need to the access for legitimate work." Tatsumi made him tilt his head back further to work on his nose. "I, for one, am grateful for the Gushoshin's bright idea to protect the library by raising a barrier for today. I cannot emphasize enough how much it would've cost to rebuild it. Not to mention it provided me with the peace and quiet to greatly advance in the paperwork that needed to be done, especially with the help of Terazuma and Kurosaki who were there while trying to find a safe haven from rabid fangirls and a certain gender-changing fanboy and his guinea pig."

"Fanboy?!"

Watari lifted his face out of Tatsumi's care to reproach the name-calling.

"Ah, so you can talk now."

Watari's nose was beginning to mend nicely, red and purple around the bruised flesh, just like the storybook red-nosed reindeer Tsuzuki was so fond of watching on Christmas day.

"Thanks Tatsumi, you're my hero." Watari shined his honey-brown eyes up at Tatsumi clasping his hands against the man's ruined jacket and rubbing a cheek against the brunet.

"Idiot." Tatsumi looked away covering the little discomposure he felt every time Watari gave him the same adoring puppy-look that made him look more like 003.

Strange urges like ruffling of feathers, or in Watari's case his golden mane, were near insuppressible. Ah, but practice, indeed, makes perfect.

Tatsumi fixed his glasses and turned back to give Watari a good talking to for the near disaster he almost caused to the library.

Back on track, Terazuma walked out of the library determined that this time the doors would open and he would be free. The kid wasn't in anymore and the Gushoshin couldn't be happier to have him out of their sanctuary. He couldn't wait to step outside and do some damage control with Wakaba. Although she would never reproach his absence, he felt it was necessary to at least apologize, explain and make it up to her. He hated lying and although this had been inevitable it was still his fault for falling for it and getting himself trapped with two very stoic characters and unable to chain-smoke his away into sanity.

Swinging the doors open he came short of running down another person.

Looking up, he couldn't help himself… He growled.

Purple eyes were staring at him extremely up close--cut down two inches and they could be kissing. And knowing his older coworker they just could…if they didn't HATE their guts.

The mutual dislike for each other was not lost across the bridge of their noses discharging telepathic insults.

He hated Tsuzuki right now for looking down at him. The moronic waste of space was taking up nearly a head above his.

He was nearly as tall as Tatsumi-san.

He was looking down at him with his 'I'm older, therefore, wiser, so you owe me respect'.

Tsuzuki on the other hand was trying to figure out if Terazuma was just blocking his path or hiding Hisoka. He would too, just to see him squirm.

"Where is he?" Tsuzuki tried to keep a calm if fake pleasantness about him. Squinting his eyes in pretend half moons of delight, he didn't even bother to elaborate on 'who' he was talking about; they both knew there was only one person he followed like a faithful dog.

"Long gone." Terazuma answered in monotone.

Tsuzuki's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. And grinded his teeth--to qualm the urge to knock his junior coworker into next year--but Hisoka came first.

Later, he would have a chance to pick on his younger coworker. He-he, that was always fun.

He squint his eyes at Terazuma, pleasantness clearly vanishing and irritation setting in, "what did you do with him? He hasn't come out."

Terazuma simply shrugged and tried to side-stepped… but Tsuzuki blocked, pointedly making himself into a wall by raising his fists against his hips and angling his elbows out like a puffed up bird.

Terazuma was beginning to crave another cigarette just to keep his calm and his hands busy from reaching out and killing his nearly centennial coworker. "I have things to do, Tsuzuki-san." He emphasized the honorific to antagonize Tsuzuki.

"Tell me what you did with my partner, Hajime-chan."

Terazuma twitched at the use of '-chan' honorific after his name. Only Wakaba was allowed to get away with it. She is his senior partner, after all.

In spite, Terazuma thought of a good way to piss Tsuzuki off, if he could get the older man to throw the first punch, he wouldn't be as severely punished for starting a fight. He could always plead self-defense and Wakaba wouldn't give him that drowned-cat, disappointed look, he hated to get, even when she never said anything other than offer him support and her cooking for comfort.

"I ate him."

Now it was Tsuzuki who growled at Terazuma, who perversely flaunted his smugness at his clever little retort. Terazuma went further…he smacked his lips with a contented tummy rub.

"Tasted just like chicken." Terazuma smirked and seeing Tsuzuki's eyes darken with what could only be anger.

"Freak." Tsuzuki snarled.

"But at least I'm not a moron. Moron!" Terazuma spat back.

They were both beginning to square off, fingers twitching on Tsuzuki, and fists taut on each side of Terazuma, begging for the excuse.

"Grrr, I don't have time for this!" Tsuzuki relented, somewhat disappointed, but he really couldn't. Hisoka came first. Damn. "Fine. Just tell me where my partner is…" he whined jeering at Terazuma's eardrums to the point of bleeding.

"Flew out the window when he felt you coming," Terazuma side-stepped his superior and paused. "If you do find him, tell him, Tatsumi has his books."

Tsuzuki swung the wooden door to the library open and came to a halt as a feathered hand smothered him.

"Tsuzuki-san," squeaked a very familiar voice.

Tsuzuki groaned. He forgot. Head hanging low and summoning his perfected kicked-puppy, can't find my owner, is raining cold outside.


TBC... part 15 next

A/N: I'm aming to finish this by Christmas. Wish me luck.
I'm going to need it.