Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot ❯ part 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot

By Mikarin

continuation... from part 15

Update, again. oh, micracle or miracles...she's done it again.
Yay me. Unfortunately also really late.
But I give you a glimse of Hisoka at the very end. A tiny glimse, just to peak your curiosity.

I know, bad me.

(Previously...)

Tsuzuki sat on the middle of Hisoka’s kitchen… prying his head open for a clue to where the next best hiding place for Hisoka could be…

(Let's continue...)


“…Bubble…Bubble…

--Someone’s in trouble

--True love’s kiss

--Must be a double…”

… “AHH!” both said in unison and giggled over their rhyme.

The murky white concoction was near ready and as soon as Hajime-chan came back they would be on their way to get started. Simmering was a second batch, also dubbed the backup plan, because no one could resist ‘hot’ apple cider—energized with brandy.

Overlapping love-love candy dream sequences forming in their minds as it would go down once Hisoka drank enough of one of their two batches of inebriated potions…

Ha-ha, take that Watari!

By the way thanks for the recipe.

We improvised…you’d be proud.

But getting off subject, Yuma and Saya looked at each other dreamily over their wide and filled to the brim boiling pot as they stirred and broke into a giggle that as it got louder it tore from its hinges into an eerie and disturbing cackle.

And for the final ingredient—

Suma and Saya removed their lovingly prepared ‘backup plan’ and set it on the counter for…

The bottle of brandy landed nearly into the trashcan.

They couldn’t afford Hjime-chan discovering the proof of their machinations and ruining the punch line for the night. He could be such a party-pooper sometimes. His fine and sensitive nose could still detect the hints of alcohol that laced both special batches but they counted on Wakaba to keep him occupied all through the night in order to prevent him from divulging their ‘se~cret’.

Exchanging knowing glances once again, all they could do was wait for the results of their labor of love to set and test their final product.

“Well?” spoke Yuma first.

“I think…” Saya lowered the ladle, “I can’t taste it.” She smacked her lips together and then brought a hand over her mouth and blew hard while smelling her breath. No, she shook her head after not detecting the smell of alcohol.

But it was apple-cinnamon-y.

Yuma was close enough to her face to smell her breath.

“More?”

“Do we?” Saya’s voice sang with unbridled excitement—fingers itching.

“We bought plenty.” Yuma turned about the kitchen to reveal a full bottle of brandy, unopened.

“Maybe and extra full cup, after all, while we can’t escape Hajime-chan’s nose we don’t want to tip Tatsumi-san or he might not have any fun.”

“Ah, so true. He needs a little excitement in his life.” Yuma sighed imagining the possibilities of an unbridled secretary at the throes of unimaginable fun.

An inexplicable evil cold ran up and down a certain secretary’s back…even Tatsumi’s shadow shivered.

“And Watari is so full of surprises.” Saya piped up excitedly along the same lines as her partner’s thoughts.

“Surprises are the spice of life.” Yuma quipped, wiggling her eyebrows conspirationally.

“And maybe we can talk Hisoka-kun into wearing our present before midnight?” Saya mused cheeks hot with excitement that she had to rub them a bit with the tips of her fingers.

“For Tsuzuki,” Yuma reminded her partner in crime winking at her cockily.

“Of course,” Saya agreed blush still in place.

Watari carried on hand a last minute brainstorm he decided to try out this year.

It had come to him as he was laboriously scrubbing the mess he’d done earlier. And it was meant to make the ambient atmosphere more together.

Of course, this had been a cinch to pull at the last minute. He just had to melt plenty of wax to create his innovative festive candle-lights with the sweet aroma of bay leaves, in this case.

He’d only been able to gather enough wax for three tall candles but it would be enough, just to perk up the air around the room.

Lucky, the food was all laid out and people had begun to gather and help out in the last minute details. He spotted Tatsumi begrudgedly helping Konoe. Setting down a candle by a window and lighting it up, he gave the other two to a friendly chemist he’s invited and winked at him mischievously letting him know to expect a pleasant surprise. Excitedly, his new friend took notice and wanted to dig for more information, but Watari simply left him with his ‘wait-and-see’ explanation and moved onto bigger prey. On his way he grabbed a wine bottle in a lovely shade of red and a couple of plastic cups to start—share some holiday sheer.

While making his way to his target, Konoe intercepted him with a happy ‘tahnk-you’ and left the blonde short of a glass. Obviously Konoe had already started participating in the ‘holiday cheer’ his bastardized English was beginning to sound like Tsuzuki’s.

Having a single glass and a bottle of wine didn’t deterred Watari in the least, the best to share an indirect kiss, he thought.

Tatsumi noticed the small exchange between Watari and Konoe as his boss got started in his fourth aperitif.

“Yo, Tatsumi,” waved Watari animatedly, bottle on hand.

Tatsumi eyed the bottle warily for any signs of tampering, especially since it was now open and he did not witnessed the blonde had he tried to taint its contents.

“How about a glass of this,” Watari turned the bottle to read the label, his easy grin growing wider and tipping the bottle to quickly sniff, “lovely cherry smelling wine. Can’t read Spanish.” He laughed openly.

He decided to hold off trusting Watari’s open-friendliness, for the moment.

“Maybe later,” he dismissed the offer. “I prefer to open my own bottles,” he said as an after thought.

“Mou, you don’t trust me Tatsumi.” The blonde whined faking hurt and wide puppy eyes. “You know I would never try to experiment on you.” He blurted out in a feigned tragic sing-along voice.

“Not since I endangered your budget you don’t.” Tatsumi murmured turning around to hook his last cable to an outlet and giving the blonde an ample view of his back and posterior as he bent.

Watari frowned to the implications of Tatsumi’s distrust and tipped his head as Tatsumi hinted on his better assets. Distractedly he swung the red tinted bottle and tipped the contents into his glass, drinking without care.

Tatsumi not missing the blonde’s actions as he returned to face his co-worker, noticed him drinking and waited for the blonde to show any sign of realization in case he had inadvertedly drank something he shouldn’t have tested on himself. Eyeing him warily, for the blonde was not aside from testing upon himself in occasion. He was about to ask Watari on the taste of his drink when from a side door entered a usually disheveled brunet, flushed-faced, agitated and in a rush throwing the door aside and leaving a dent on the wall as the knob hit it. Said brunet stood hovering at the door nearly jumping as he flexed on the balls of his feet along wildly about his surroundings looking desperately for something.

Tsuzuki had been on the run for a while since he upturned Hisoka’s home looking for his elusive partner. The search of the surrounding area and seating grounds around the area had been negative and the roof of the building was empty. He even made it a point to check the treetops just in case Hisoka had decided that this year he would work a little harder at playing hide-and-seek. On his way from the building’s rooftop he wondered if Hisoka had dared stumble into the basement. Though he’d never gone there, it was said that only a few ventured, and so would Hisoka hoping no one would follow. After all, on the way down there, one had to go through the accounting department. Obviously, only Tatsumi was brave enough to visit so he hoped he could get some help.

Eyeing his bewildered coworker, Tatsumi and Watari looked at each other momentarily before noticing that through another door the twin disaster team arrived with indentured mule trotting behind, arms loaded.

Undecided to which side of the room to move, he decided that Terazuma could handle the job of keeping the girls from wrecking havoc, Tatsumi was wary to send Watari to the Hokkaido partners. Watari, like him motives, always carried ulterior consequences.

Making his way toward the desperate looking Tsuzuki, Watari trotted behind Tatsumi since it looked far more interesting than what the girls were up to, though tempting it was to peek at the contents Terazuma was carrying and maybe finding out if they needed a little perking up.

Tsuzuki looked like he was at the brink of peeing on himself the way he kept dancing on the heels and balls of his feet swaying, bending and unbending his knees, clenching and unclenching his hands and swinging himself left and right trying to catch a glimpse of something, squinting his eyes as if wishing he had X-ray vision.

“Tsuzuki, are you loosing something?”

Watari worded his question to be interpreted in a number of ways, thought Tatsumi frowning at Tsuzuki who eyed them but shifted his sight around the room still.

“Um, Watari have you guys seen Hisoka?”

Ah so that’s it. Watari and Tatsumi had the very same thought and made the very same gesture as they both lifted an eyebrow—same side of the face—and glanced at their fellow shinigami, currently alone.

“No. Not since I left the library.” Tatsumi responded wondering himself if the boy had indeed left, or had instead sought sanctuary from Gushoshin who’d planed to take advantage of the party and closed for the ‘holidays’ as they didn’t believe on this particular holiday to get some much needed work done.

“Sorry Tsuzuki, bon hasn’t shown up here.” Watari commented looking up to make sure he hadn’t missed him as he roamed the halls with a mop earlier or thought that perhaps he’d seen him leave the library much later than intended when he was out there cleaning his earlier, um, failed experiment. “I didn’t see him around the library either.”

“I’ve looked everywhere.” Tsuzuki dropped his shoulders, lost and bewildered without his leash holder.

“Have you—”

“Yes. Everywhere.”

Before Watari could suggest a place to look, Tsuzuki gave him a vehement reply.

“I even begged Gushoshin to let me take a peek at the back of the library, just in case, but they said that no one was back there anymore. Gushoshin made sure since they closed for the holidays.” Tsuzuki’s wondering eye was slowly dropping pace and lingering more onto the faces in front of him. “He isn’t home. Even looked under the bed, the rooftops, the treetops, the lake, but he’s no where. I wonder if he might have gone to the basement.” He looked at Tatsumi hopefully, nearly wagging his nonexistent tail, begging with is eyes.

Tatsumi knew that look. Augh, he felt for the man, he really did.

Watari was mimicking that look, empathizing with his favorite guinea pig.

Tatsumi closed his eyes warding off a potential headache and knowing well that in order to prevent and even bigger one he’d need to help Tsuzuki before he drove crazy nearly everyone on the floor as others will take notice and want to help and turn the holiday party into a hunting party for the reclusive boy to bring him out in the open.

Tatsumi shivered inwardly thinking what would become of the boy if that were to happen, again.

He’d seen the results from Valentine’s Day. He’d order the boy solitary confinement in the medical ward for the rest of the week in order to help his psyche reassert itself. And was forced to recall any work they might have been in the middle of working—which surprisingly wasn’t much in open cases as it was paperwork for previous closed ones.

And Tsuzuki planted his sorry self at Tatsumi’s office howling his woes and racking his nerves at the unfairness of his punishment, away from his beloved little partner. Whom Tsuzuki claim needed him to feed him happiness, or pie, if only Tatsumi in his tyranny would order his shadows from inflicting harm to anyone that wasn’t Watari or Tatsumi himself from approaching the ward.

“Very well,” Tatsumi said in a defeated yet imposing with authority tone. “However,” Tatsumi warned lifting a hand to stop any whining that will ensue shortly, “if we find him and he refuses to be persuaded to attend the festivities he can do so and be free for the rest of the night. No buts about it, Tsuzuki,” He darted his cool gaze upon Tsuzuki and then moved it steadily toward the blonde to assert his authority, “Watari. His choice,” he warned, knowing full well he couldn’t count himself so lucky but then, he wasn’t an empath.

Thank the Gods. Tatsumimused to himself. Or he’d go crazy.

While Tatsumi counted his lucky stars, Watari was rounding the brunet and pinched a cheek, between his index and middle-finger knuckles like a crab.

A yelp later.

Tatsumi noted Tsuzuki rubbing his redden cheek and frowning at Watari’s antics.

“What was that for?” The brunet whined rubbing fervently at his face.

“Just checking how cold it’s gotten outside.” Watari cracked a laugh boisterously, catching the attention of a few. “But just thinking about the cold gave me the idea that perhaps Bon hides in plain sight.”

Tsuzuki eyed the blonde scientist like he’d grown a second head. Where do these ideas spring from?

Watari brought the menacing pinching hand as his thought processed concentrating on rubbing his chin. “Have you checked in your office to see if he’s not barricaded there taking a nap, knowing full well this would be the best place where you’d never think to look.”

The light that had been missing from Tsuzuki suddenly went ablaze in his eyes as Watari got glomped by an overenthusiastic inu-Tsuzuki. Had Watari been holding pie, he’d be history’s most legendary Shinigami in Tsuzuki’s eyes.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you…” Tsuzuki appeared to be humping Watari’s leg.

Tatsumi promptly forced Tsuzuki off Watari as the blonde began to turn into a lovely pale blue.

Watari coughed weakly as the obstruction around the neck was relieved. Tatsumi calmly arranged Tsuzuki to the side and made the motion to follow the path to Tsuzuki and Kurosaki’s office.

Somewhere Hisoka was experiencing a very bizarre dream. He couldn’t recall hallucinations in his dreams or nightmares but it was different.

No Muraki—nevertheless disturbing in itself—preferable, though, not by much, and if he had a choice, neither.
Hisoka furrowed his defined eyebrows, wincing in his sleep as sensations accosted him.

How unpleasant! His last thought fleetingly came and went. If he had to have a nightmare, he’d rather be chased by a creampuff than be molested by a pervert, any number of them.


TBC... part 17 next

A/N: My beta reader needs a spanking.
My crazy self is in love with a man's man and having a hell of a time torturing him with the misteries of Yaoi unrated. And the result is in my AFF.net account and my site. I just don't think I can do the same to Hisoka as I like to do to Naruto(has longer nails). Tsuzuki just too gentle a soul, who will take his very long time to get his well-deserved Hisoka yumminess because of the emotional booby-traps along the way.

I'm seriously loony. I'm contemplating a Muraki-centric story called ‘A day in a doctor's life it's not always a walk in the park’, or something to that effect. I could torture him with innane amounts of stupidity during a typical day at the office.

Yes! I welcome ideas. If you've been having a bad day, use Muraki for stress relief (punch bag) and tell me how you would go about sharing your misery with him.

I wonder, if I stick his head in the ice box, will he feel better or will I only give him freeze burn?---not that anyone will notice.

Till next year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!