Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Past is Passed ❯ PROLOGUE: Death Draft ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-----(-----)-----

Past is Passed By ReddAlice

-----(-----)-----

Author's Note: ...Ahh my YNM love child! Alright this is the second time for my posting this chapter, it's been edited to the best of my abilities and slightly altered to accommodate the next chapter which I began writing several months after this one. I want to apologize in advance for the subtle changes in my style, hopefully it was for the better!

I was struck with the need to work on this story after I downloaded the song Amethyst Embrace and realized that was an Emily Dickinson poem song by a Japanese lady and that is why most of the words didn't make sense (I'm currently in my second year of Japanese at the local college and I couldn't make out any of the words for such a long time, how silly of me) but had an English distinction about them.

Warning: Shonen Ai/Yaoi, Angst, Dark fic, (long... fic... ahem...)

Songs: Amethyst Embrace - Yami No Matsuei

-----(-----)-----

PROLOGUE: Death Draft

-----(-----)-----

Weakened, incredibly weak... Tsuzuki's head lolled to each side, the rough white carpet scratching the raw skin on his neck. Why was he still wounded? Why-...Why was there still blood?

"Tsuzuki!" Hisoka...

Like a porcelain doll, Tsuzuki's eyes flung open and fell shut, their darkness empty. In his mind, back in the distance of his childhood, long before Muraki, long before this, he saw a swing. The toy's rope cable had been snapped, leaving one wooden edge dragging back and forth in the earth, killing the grass, and wearing down the soil...

"Tsuzuki!" Hiso-...

Muraki smiled, his hand languidly tracing the carved symbols in Tsuzuki's exposed chest, over his heart. He was mumbling, smiling, smiling, and purring out words of havoc into his obsession's ear.

"Tsuzuki!" Hi-...

Leaning over the Shinigami's body, Muraki followed the bloodied marks with his tongue; all too pleased with the intimate time he was being allowed. In the days to come... there would be many more moments just like this. "Tsu-"

"Muraki!" A powerful voice bellowed, it was the penetrating voice of Tatsumi; he was worried, and scared. From inside the Doctor could hear the chants; someone was invoking powers to break down the barrier around the apartment. "Muraki!" The door burst open hitting the wall, and cracking the cement from the floor to the ceiling. Liquid shadows flooded into the apartment, mixing unmitigated hate and fear with the smell of sex, lust, and anger.

"Till next time..." Muraki whispered, and with that he was gone.

Hisoka stood mortified and in shock several feet behind his darkened superior, in the hall, alone.

-2-

"Watari, what do you think?" Tatsumi asked, adjusting his glasses on the bridge of his nose with indifference.

Genuinely unsure, possibly a bit unnerved, Watari shook his long gold locks. "I-..."

"Have faith in him." Kanoe said from the door to his office, "Faith is all that boy needs."

-3-

"I don't see why you're not just gonna kill him. The village boys are gonna get him sooner or later anyways."

"Look here at me boy...Whaddya know...what pretty eyes you have."

"What me to leave you two alone...?"

"What do you think, boy? Should we let- hey, don't try to get away-...See I told you that would happen if you tried to run."

"Don't hit him too hard."

"What's it to you?"

"Not much, I don't care what ya do to him as long as it doesn't get back to Chairo. She lives near him; I don't want her hearin' such things...I wouldn't be a respectable brother for her to look up to..."

"I see...do you understand this, my pretty little peach? This doesn't go anywhere...or you'll come back to this room, here...and never leave again. Understand? Good...Now, lets play."

-4-

Hisoka looked up from the folders, someone was starring at him from a distance. Tatsumi. Subtly adverting his gaze, he went about running the pads of his fingers across pictures. The numbers of victims, of deaths, and all of them rooting back to Muraki were there in front of him. "My number... Tsuzuki's...." A coincidence...

The shadow of Tatsumi shifted, and Hisoka returned to a conscious plane of thought. His visitor was gone.

-5-

The door to the infirmary was left open, laughter pouring out into the dark hall like sunrays through a vertical horizon. Tatsumi shifted his glasses on his nose, pushing the frames back professionally and pressing on.

"Tatsu~umi!" Tsuzuki was sitting up in bed grinning fully, his eyes thick lashy curves above his cheeks, Watari and Gushoushin at his side tears streaming down their faces

A smile made itself apparent on his face, "It's nice to see you're feeling better, we were concerned."

"Concerned? I don't know why! He's fine; he's going to put me out of a job. He's made of steel." Watari stated with a mock-glare and an absent peace sign.

Tsuzuki's grinned softened as he looked from Watari to Tatsumi, and something dark flickered in his eyes. His expression wasn't reaching his eyes, they where distant... almost empty.

To Be CONTINUED (Next chapter should be up over the weekend if not sooner)

*Have enough consideration for your writers and ALWAYS review. Not just my fanfic, but everyones. I do it, why shouldn't you? Show support! Communication between the artists and viewers will help this site grow and become a stronger community.
-----(-----)----

End Note: Ahh...yes! What ever is wrong with poor Tsuzuki? Hmn. Does Hisoka knows something no one else does about what he saw inside that room? And how about Tatsumi, why is it he can see Tsuzuki in a way no one else can?

Thanks to all those who took a brief moment to give me feed back! I hope to hear from everyone yet again on the next chapter. I would appreciate hearing corrections, opinions, criticism (of any kind), and ideas. I love bouncing ideas around. ^-^ Hehe. LOVE YOU GUYS!

To-

Literary Eagle - ^-^ LoL. Thanks for that correction on Gushoushin name! I had put Guchinko... doesn't that sound like a Mexican candy?

Robin, Jam, Tassa... your e-mails weren't posted along with your review... so I couldn't thank you personally... I just wanted to let you three know that I appreciate you taking the time to review my story. ^-^ I'm sorry I made everyone wait... but hopefully it will be worth it.