Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Playing the Angel ❯ Another New Case ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Three: Another New Case:

December 1st, 2010.

That day started out boring. Tsuzuki sat smiling at his desk. He now had a gorgeous wife and cute little daughter to go home to. He squealed to himself over his paperwork. Hisoka rolled his eyes.

“Contain your enthusiasm,” he said. His partner giggled to himself. Younger Gushoshin flew into the room.

“Tsuzuki-san, Kurosaki-can,” he said. “The chief wants to see you now.” Great, more work. Tsuzuki didn't let it get him down today.

---------

Tatsumi started up the PowerPoint presentation. Images of dead people in blood filled the room. Most of them were couples in beds.

“These are the victims in the latest case,” Tatsumi said. “All of them were couples at this love hotel. This makes six this week alone.” Tsuzuki and Hisoka studied each picture.

“Outside job?” he asked.

“No,” Tatsumi aid. “They did it to themselves.”

“What?!” the shinigami pair asked.

“It's only happened at this love hotel.” Tatsumi changed slides.

“Black Perfumed Kitty?” Tsuzuki asked. “Where is that?”

“Kabukicho.”

Tsuzuki shuddered as he remembered the last time he had a case there. “And the police don't know how or why?”

“That's not all. The souls of the couples are missing.”

“We need you yo go down to Kabukicho and stop this,” Konoe said.

“Yes, sir,” Tsuzuki and Hisoka said.

“Oh and bring back souvenirs.”

“Yes, sir.”

--------

Tsuzuki had his own plans. Sure, he had a case, but it was at a love hotel. He and Anna hadn't been on vacation since they got married. Maybe… He shook his head. No, I can't be thinking that…

Do it!

Tsuzuki frowned at the front desk of the hotel. You're back again?

Of course! We're going to a love hotel, aren't we?

But it's for work.

So? Who says you can't have fin on the side?

Tsuzuki pouted. That horny demon had a point. Perhaps… He shook his head. It's too risky.

That's what makes it more exciting. Come on. When was the last time you and Anna-chan had fun with each other—alone?

Tsuzuki clenched his teeth. That bastard had a point.

6:00 p.m.

Anna blinked at him over dinner. “You want me to do what?”

“Please come out with me to Black Perfumed Kitty.”

His wife blinked. “Isn't that a love hotel?”

“Yes.”

“In the red light district?”

“Yes.”

“In Kabukicho?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“We barely get time for each other lately. I miss touching you.”

“But what about Kirika-chan?”

“You don't have to with me every night. I'll just call you up and you can visit me.”

Anna narrowed her eyes at him. “Like a booty call?”

“No! No! We would be on a date.”

“A date?”

“Yes.”

“Again, I ask what about the baby?”

Tsuzuki looked at Kirika-chan sitting in her highchair as he tried to work out that part of the equation. The demon kind of blind-sided him on that one. “Well… we could get a baby-sitter on our date nights. He grabbed onto her hands.

“Please, Bunny?” he pleaded. Anna gritted her teeth as he went into sweet little puppy mode. Not this again…

December 2nd, 2010.

8:15 p.m.

Anna walked down the hall with a text of the room number. Her stomach filled with butterflies. She was looking for room twenty-eight when she felt like someone was watching her.

“Hi, Honey-bunny!” he greeted her. Anna sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Really, Asato-kun?” she asked.

“Please play along?” he asked back.

She folded her arms across the chest. “Are you going to do this the whole time?”

“Of course not.”

“You promise?”

“Yes.”

Anna lowered her arms. “Fine.” Her tone changed to a perky, flirty. “Hello.”

“How are you tonight?”

“Fine. What are we tonight?”

“Come along and you shall see, my dear.” Tsuzuki followed his wife down the hall with the camera. They came to room twenty-eight. The shinigami turned off his camera and unlocked the door with the keycard.