Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Puppies and Owls! ❯ Potion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This fic will not contain any rape and such things like my other stories. I'll try to make this one… cute and, hopefully, funny. But what is a YnM fic without our lovable doctor Muraki?

Warnings: Shonen-Ai, fluff, angst, humour…. A screw this! I m bad at making warnings!!

****

Puppies and Owls!

Chapter one: Potion

****

"I truly don't know if I should, Watari. Your potions don't work like you expect them to…" Tsuzuki said as he poked the vile containing the clear blue liquid.

Watari beamed and held his vile in the air, making the content swirl. "I truly believe that this one will work! I m a scientist, Tsuzuki-san! Believe in me! This potion will make history!" he said and brought the vile under Tsuzuki's nose. "All I need is a test object!"

Tsuzuki looked at the vile and grimaced. "You can't mean me right, Watari? I don't even know what it is supposed to do…" he said and put the vile back down.

"Then I'll show you!" Watari shouted. 003 hooted on Watari's shoulder as Watari dove into the pile of papers at his desk. After a few minutes he came up again, smiling at Tsuzuki. He waved a paper in front of him, as he beamed. His hair was even more tussled then before and his glasses had slid down his nose but yet he beamed. "I have invented an invisible potion! With these ingredients…" pointing to some formulas on the sheet paper in his hand "… it will work! Trust me, Tsuzuki-san!" he said and pushed the glasses back on their rightful place.

Tsuzuki never left the vile with his eyes until Watari had stopped speaking. Seeing the wide smile on his friend's face, he sweat dropped. Pointing a finger at himself he asked "And you really want me to try it out?"

The blond scientist nodded and walked over to Tsuzuki. His golden eyes pleaded at the brown haired shingami. "Please, Tsuzuki-san. Can you? I want to see it work! And think about it! If it works, and it will, you'll be invisible! Think of all the sweets that you'll get to eat without Tatsumi noticing!"

The violet eyed man shot up at the word sweets. Watari was right! If it would work, he would get lots of sweets! But would he risk it? What if the potion didn't work? Rubbing his chin he thought hard. Sweets or no sweets…. Snapping his head to the pleading scientist before him he frowned. "I'll only try it if you also take some"

Watari blinked. Was Tsuzuki really agreeing on testing the potion? If so, why not try it out himself. It would only be fair.

Handing Tsuzuki half of the potion in a glass, he lifted the rest of the potion to his lips. "Cheers!" he shouted merrily. He and Tsuzuki swallowed their potions and then stared at each other. Minutes ticked by and you could hear a needle hit the ground in the heavy silence in the room.

Tsuzuki blinked and titled his head at the scientist. "Now what?"

Watari frowned. Had the potion failed? "It should have worked…"

Tsuzuki shook his head and stood to leave. "Well, I tried. Now I must think of a way to get those sweets without Tatsumi noticing. See you around, Wat…!"

Watari watched as Tsuzuki sank to the floor, holding his throat. "What's wrong?"

"I don't feel so good…"

****

Tatsumi and Hisoka were on earth, looking for a birthday gift for Watari. They had not thought about anything special, so they just had a look around for something. What could you possible buy for a crazy, sugar high scientist? Speaking of high…

"Have you seen Tsuzuki today, Tatsumi?" Hisoka asked as he looked through a window at some cloths. He wasn't really interested in shopping, but if it got him out in the lovely weather, why not?

Tatsumi had his nose in a bank book. Whatever they decided on buying had to cost very little. There was a budget to think of. "Ano, I think Watari wanted to see him today. As long as he is occupied, there is no worry. Thought of anything yet?" he asked the blond boy.

Hisoka shook his head. He was thinking of Tsuzuki, wondering what he was doing at the moment. "Probably eating sweets…. Baka…"

****

"WAAAAA!! WATARI! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!"

Tsuzuki couldn't believe this. In one moment he was feeling really sick and in the next moment he was drowned in his own cloths. He had totally freaked out when he had realised that he had no hands but paws, a body full of cream fur all over his body except on his forehead and a long tail behind him.

Tsuzuki had turned into a puppy.

Above him, on the desk, lay Watari's cloths. On top of the pile jumped a blond little owl. It was almost identical to 003 but it was blond and wore big glasses. It's feathers were poking out in odd directions from it's body and it's golden eyes blended with the feathers. Watari was jumping around on the desk happily. "This is sooooo neat! I have always wondered how birds do it when they fly! Now I can find out myself!" he chirped and looked at his small wings. "Now how does it go?"

Tsuzuki climbed out from under his cloths. He heard the happy scientist and growled. "Hey! Watari, what shall we do about this?" he shouted.

Watari poked his feathery face over the edge of the table. He smiled * "GERONIMO!!" he shouted and jumped of the desk.

Tsuzuki backed up to catch the falling yellow owl. "Watari, watch out!" he barked as he was thrown on his back by the owl's weight.

They lay there dazed for a few moments before Watari started to jump up and down on top of the puppy's belly. "Wow! I almost got it! Let's try it again but in an open space like a park on earth, Tsuzuki!" he said, still jumping up and down.

Tsuzuki came back to his senses and rolled over on his stomach, dislodging the chirping owl on his belly. He huffed and lifted himself up. It was a bit weird to have four legs instead of two. He cast the owl an angry look. "No, we aren't going to earth! Not like this! I want a cure and I want it now!" he said and got closer to the owl with every word until he was pressing the yellow feather ball into the floor boards.

"Now, now, Tsuzuki-san, easy. I can't really do anything in this little body. I have an idea" he said and petted the dark nose with his small wing. "Tatsumi-kun and Bon are on earth! They didn't want me to know, but I do know that they are there to by me a gift for my birthday, you know!"

Tsuzuki backed of and looked at him. "No, I didn't know… is it really your birthday?"

Watari nodded and pushed up the overgrown glasses on his beak. "In two days, but back to the main subject! If we can get to them, they can help me with the cure. When we are there, we might as well go to the park!" he beamed and started to jump again.

Tsuzuki thought hard. Watari was right. They did lack something that they had as humans: hands. But the thing about the park… "I don't know if we should… what if we get stuck in these bodies?" he said and his ears and tail dropping.

The yellow owl looked at the sulking puppy with big yellow eyes. He hopped over and lifted the pup's head too look into the violet eyes. "Saa, that isn't going to happen, none of my potions have ever been permanent this far! Besides, let's try these bodies out! With that fuzzy look, you'll get tons of sweets from people and I get a chance in studying the bird's anatomy! What do you say?!" he smiled and looked for a reaction in those beautiful eyes of his friend.

Tsuzuki was troubled. He wanted his body back… but the chance of getting sweets were big, as Watari had said. And when he thought about it, they were going to earth… "OK! But I think I'll carry you. You'll be stepped on if you aren't careful! On my back" he said and lay down so the owl could climb up.

Watari beamed as he jumped on the pup's back. He almost fell down again so he flapped his wings and dug his claws into the skin of the human turned dog.

Big mistake.

Tsuzuki jumped about four feet into the air, howling in pain. The sudden buck sent the little bird soaring.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" shouted the owl happily as he tumbled through the air and landed on the coach. He ruffled his feathers as he hopped to the edge, waving a wing at the panting canine. "That was fun! Let's do that again!" he shouted in absolute glee.

****

"Okay, we are at earth but I can't see Tatsumi or Hisoka anywhere…" Tsuzuki said in disappointment. He walked along the buildings, trying to avoid attention. Tsuzuki was carrying Watari on his back and is someone saw a puppy with an yellow owl on it's back… well let's say that people would find that strange.

Watari hopped up on Tsuzuki's head and pushed up his oversized glasses. "This town is big, Tsuzuki-san, it isn't going to be easy to find Tatsumi and Hisoka. Let's go to the park and see if we can spot them there!" he suggested.

"What is it with you and your obsession with the park? What is you break some bones when you try to fly from the tree? And how are you supposed to get up there in the first place? You don't have hands to climb with…" Tsuzuki said as he shook his head and made the owl tumble from his head and to his back. He stopped and looked at the little bird that looked sad. "And avoid being on my head. Your claws itches"

Watari looked into the amethyst eyes with his big golden ones. "Please, Tsuzuki? Can we go to the park? This might be the only chance I'll get to try this thing out. Besides, I m a shingami, a few broken bones is nothing for me… please…" the owl begged, trying to make himself as cute as he could. He knew that Tsuzuki had a hard time saying `no' if he made it as cute and wanting as he could in this for. Tsuzuki had agreed many times if he had just begged long enough.

The puppy sighed and hung his head. "Okay, okay, you win. We'll go to the park"

Watari cheered and jumped up and down in joy. "Thank you, Tsuzuki! Thank you!"

Tsuzuki was about to continue their walk forwards the park when he was lifted from the ground by a pair of hands behind his front legs. "Now what do we got here? A puppy without a collar? Poor little fella. Ending up in a pound when being so small…"

Tsuzuki was turned around and soon faced a young police officer. The man was smiling at him and by instinct, Tsuzuki started to wag his tail in happiness. Hearing a soft `thud' he stopped wagging his tail and turned his head to look at Watari who had fallen from his back when he had been picked up.

The police noticed the own and after shifting the pup under one arm he bend and picked up the yellow feather ball. "A yellow owl? With glasses? That's new…"

Watari's head was the only thing that was visible in the man's hand. Looking at the police then Tsuzuki before looking back at the police, he chirped at his puppy partner "Do you think I can make him drop me from this height? I think I got the right height to try my flying abilities" Looking at the police, he noticed that he hadn't understood him. "It seems like humans can't understand us in our current form… fascinating!"

"Is there something wrong, officer Hisaki?" asked a familiar voice from behind them.

The police turned and smiled at the newcomer. "Why, Muraki sensei! What a surprise to meet you here!"

****

This fic will live on reviews.

* As far as an owl can smile… if they can… whatever….