Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Puppies and Owls! ❯ No, no NOOOO!!!! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Xxxx
 
Puppies and Owls!
 
Chapter thirteen: No, no NOOOO!!!!
 
Xxxx
 
Muraki wrinkled his nose as he massaged the soap into the yellow fur. “I m pretty sure that Tsuzuki-san has something to do with this” he muttered to the poor cat that growled as it was washed. He sighed as he realised that he had to wash the animal again since it still reeked of garbage. “I must have a serious talk to him when he comes back”
 
Kurosaki hissed as the lukewarm water was poured over his back. “I swear that I'll kill that pup!” he growled and swatted at Muraki's hand.
 
The doctor hissed and let the cat go.
 
Big mistake.
 
Kurosaki ran out from the bathroom and into the living room. He jumped up on Muraki's finest armchair and shook himself.
 
Muraki rubbed his eyes as he watched the mess the little cat made. `I must clean up here first before I can go after the runaways. Don't relax just yet, Tsuzuki-san, I m still on the hunt for you'
 
Xxxx
 
“What do we got here? A stray?” asked a man and looked into a cage.
 
Tsuzuki pressed himself against the bars of his small cage. He looked to his right and spotted the lunchbox which contained the small yellow owl. After they had been freed from the net they had realised that it was the dog catcher that had captured them. The two had been separated after a little struggle and Tsuzuki had been placed in a dog cage and Watari in the lunch box that had been in the front of the blue truck.
 
`This is so embarrassing!' he thought as the cage was opened. He watched as a man dressed in a blue overall put on a pair of yellow gloves before reaching into his cage. He tried to back away from him, but the bars behind him didn't let him. “Watari! Help!” he called. He couldn't risk loosing the bird now, who knew what they would do to him.
 
Watari heard the pup and sighed. “I would if I could, Tsuzuki, but must I remind you that I m locked up in this box filled with… delicious ham sandwiches!” he piped and jumped over to the sandwich. he looked around him and in the little light that sipped in he spotted more sandwiches and a rice ball. “Whoho!” he hooted. He picked up a crumble and sighed. I m in heaven, in heaven in heaven I am” he sang and dug in.
 
Tsuzuki gaped at the box. “How the heck can you think of food in this situation?!” he snapped. “You got to… HEY! Let go, let go!!” he whined as he was grabbed by the collar and dragged out from the cage. “Watari, Watari!” His claws scratched against the floor as he tried to stopp himself from being pulled out from the cage.
 
The man held the pup into the air so that he could have a good look at him. “Well, he ain't a stray since he has a collar. Run the id in the computer will ya? I'll take him to the office and feed him. Somebody is bound to own `im” he said and placed the small cream coloured pup under his arm. He took of the small id tag that was attached to Tsuzuki's collar and handed it to a younger boy that took of as soon as he got the tag.
 
The man who had captured the two looked up. “What about the chicken? I can't have it in my lunchbox the whole day” he said and pointed a thumb to the lunchbox. “I know I have to buy something else to eat since it probably has tons and tons of different dieses on it”
 
Tsuzuki frowned. “If you won't put me down, I'll make you!” he growled and bit into the arm that held him. He heard the man curse and he was thrown to the ground. He landed with a loud thud on the ground and pain ran through his small body. He looked up at the man and whined. `How could he do that to me? I m cute and all and he throws me like that…' he though before jumping into the truck and dashed for the lunchbox. He yipped as his tail was caught and he was dragged out again.
 
“Ya little! Biting me will ya?” the man growled and placed the pup on the ground. He straddled the pup's back and held him in placed as he fished out a strange thing from his pocket.
 
Tsuzuki tried to crawl away as the object was put over his nose and clamped his jaws shut. It was held in place by two straps that were tied to the back of his head. `A muzzle?! There is no end to this humiliation!' the pup thought as his collar was attached to a leach that the man held in his hand.
 
Watari had heard all the commotion and yelped as the box he was in suddenly started to shake. He blinked as the box opened and light hit him in the eyes. “It was about time you let me out… MEH!” he wheezed as he was grabbed by a strong hand. “Easy! I just ate! Hi, Tsuzuki!” he called down cheerfully to the pup as he saw him. He saw the look the pup sent him and sighed. “I know, I know. `How can you be so cheerful in a situation like this' Right? Well at least it wasn't Muraki and I must say that that muzzle suits you quite well!”
 
The man gaped at the open box. “A hungry little chicken this was, look, only crumbles left!”
 
Tsuzuki growled at his friend as they were taken down the hall. `You could at least saved some for me…' he thought. Tsuzuki couldn't help but limp a bit. The fall had hurt him and his puppy body was slower in recovering then his human body. He whined and lowered his head. `Ever since I tested that potion there has only been pain and misery…'
 
“You know, we should take the pup to the station vet. I mean, he's limping and all and if he now has an owner shouldn't we take a little extra care of him?” the man that held Watari asked. “Besides, we can snatch one of the rat cages from there to place this thing in” he said and motioned to the owl. “But it's kind of cute, glasses and all”
 
“'Thing'? Now I m deeply hurt!” Watari sniffed.
 
Tsuzuki limped along the two men until they reached a door with `Veterinarian' written on it. `Vet? I m going to the vet? Well can't be worse then going to the doctor… a non-Muraki that is' he thought as they entered.
 
The room was simple with only a few shelves and a table in the far end. The walls and ceiling was pure white and the floor looked like a chess field.
 
Watari looked around. There was something that was bothering him. “If this is a vet station, shouldn't there be like more medical stuff in here? All I see is a couple of shots on that desk…” he trailed of. He looked down at the pup that was now sitting on the floor. “You know what? I think that they usually don't use the vet here to cure dogs… rather put them to sleep” he said with a frown.
 
Tsuzuki tilted his head. `Sleep sounds really good right now, but he must mean that they… NO!” he realised. His owl companion was telling him that the shots were used to get rid of dogs. Well, Tsuzuki wasn't about to stay there and find out himself! He yelped and dashed for the door but he was stopped by the leash. `You aren't pricking me with those! Let me go!'
 
The man was almost pulled of his feet when the pup dashed away from him. He muttered a curse and yanked the pup close before lifting him up on the table. “Calm down ya little mutt! Nothing is going to happen to ya if ya don't sit still!” he snapped.
 
Watari was placed inside a small cage that usually contained rats. `I don't know why on earth a couple of dogcatcher would do with this kind of cage, but then again, I m just a shingami!'
 
“Calm down, Tsuzuki! They said that they were going to take care of you and I don't think they would kill you! Calm down!” he called, trying to get through to the panicking pup.
 
Tsuzuki panted as he heard Watari call for him. `He's right. They wouldn't kill me. I m safe!'
A man clad in a white coat entered the room with a smile. “You called, Mr Teno? Is it a stray as usual?” he asked with a smile and fetched a pair of gloves from one of the drawers.
 
The man called Teno muttered. “Na, got a collar. Can't ya put `im under anaesthetic and keep `im under `til the owner comes? He only fell to the ground, nothing serious” he asked hopefully.
 
The vet frowned. “You know, Mr Teno, if you don't like dogs you should really think about switching career” he said and petted Tsuzuki on the head. “Hi little fellow”
 
Tsuzuki looked up and his tail started to wag. `He is nice' he thought and whined. `Maybe he can remove this muzzle'
 
The vet smiled and scratched the pup behind an ear. “I want to make sure that he's ok. A fall if usually not dangerous but still painful. I don't know if he has gotten any puppy shots so I'll take his temp and give him some” he said and moved back to the desk. He opened a drawer just as he spotted the owl. “This owl came with him?” he asked the man that stood beside Teno.
 
“Yeah, they were together when I caught them. I don't know if he's wild or anything. I could be that the owner of the dog owns him as well”
 
The vet nodded. “I see. Well, I can't give it anything since I m a specialist on dogs” he said and made sure that the small device was working.
 
Tsuzuki watched as the vet came back to him with the small white device. `A thermometer. How is he going to take my temp if my mouth is closed? He can't get it under my tong' he wondered and looked past the vet and saw Watari. The owl was covering his eyes and had his back turned to them, muttering `I can't watch this' over and over again. `What's wrong with him?' he asked himself.
 
The vet looked at Teno. “Can you hold him up? I can't take the temp if he's sitting”
 
Teno smirked and moved over so that he was standing by the pup's head and lifted the pup on it's feet. “Get over here, Genzo. There has not been one dog that hasn't struggled during this”
 
Tsuzuki frowned. `Why must I stand up to take my tempe…' he halted and turned his head. `…rapture… They can't mean that they are going to…'
 
“Can you hand me the tube of Vaseline? It might go easier with it”
 
`NOOO!!! LET GO!! NO, NO!! YOU AREN'T SHOWING THAT THING UP MY…. HELLLLOOOOOO!!!' he tensed and shot his head up.
 
Watari listened to the struggle and the howling coming from behind him. “Poor Tsuzuki… I would also scream if I were him…”
 
Xxxx
 
Hisoka carefully made his way around the many shelves. He hid as soon as a person walked past him. “Tatsumi? Where are you?” he called. He looked around and saw the cockatoo. Hopping over he nudged the white bird. “Where did Tsuzuki go?” he asked.
 
Tatsumi looked at him before pointing. “I thought it was him, but it turns out that the pup over there is a she” he said and looked at the bunny. “Sorry, Kurosaki-kun, I guess we lost them” he apologized.
 
Hisoka sighed. “It's ok. We'll find them so don't worry” he said. “Remember when Muraki took Tsuzuki? You told me not to give up and we found him, right?” he said.
 
Tatsumi nodded. “You're right” he said and looked around. “What kind of store is this?”
 
The two tensed as a shadow fell over them. “Well, well, what do we got here”
 
Xxx