Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ That's when an angel falls from the sky... ❯ A surprise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That `s When An Angel Falls From The Sky…

Disclaimer: I don't own YnM...It and its cool chara belong to Matsushita sensei...
Spoilers: Some I picked from both manga and anime. Any mistake or grammar corrections are welcomed! Maybe some characters are out of characteristic. Sorry! This is my first fanfic so my story may not be good. My English is poor too…But I still hope you enjoy it! (Hisoka: Too bad, Rei-chan. Matsushita-sensei understands us better.) (Tsuzuki: No,no! I understand YOU better, Hisoka-chan!) (Hisoka: Let go of me!!!) (Tatsumi: Hoho…do you want your salary to be off again?::suddenly turns into oni version::) (Tsuzuki: No way!!::wails::)


Special thanks to my beta reader, Edge-san. She is the web mistress of `Tsuzuki and Hisoka's Keep'. She really helped me a lot…Thanks to her again… ^__^=

Part 1-A surprise



As Hisoka woke up, his left hand reached for the alarm clock. He gave a soft yawn and went to the bathroom. After settling with a cup of tea, and that means no breakfast, he was ready to work. He did not yet noticed what day was that day….He teleported to where he was heading as usual. As expected, Tatsumi was already there, holding a bundle of bills.

"Ohaiyo, Kurosaki-kun," Tatsumi greeted, with his usually business-like smile.

"Ohaiyo, Tatsumi-san," was the reply from the young shinigami. He walked pass Tatsumi and entered Konoe's room. Hisoka let out a sigh when he saw his boss was enjoying a cinnamon bun. "Ohaiyo, Konoe Kacho."

"Oh-ohaiyo,"Konoe mumbled. Then he noticed a questioning look on the boy's face.

"Is it anything you want from me?" asked the emerald-eyed boy.

"Ah!"Konoe exclaimed, for he'd forgotten he called Hisoka to see him early in the morning. "Today we have received another job to investigate a girl's disappearance. When that good-for-nothing-but-eating Tsuzuki comes, you are to go to Chijou as soon as possible."

Hisoka simply nodded. `Why can't he wait for the brief meeting later?' he thought curiously but remained silent. For a moment he thought he saw Konoe give a sly smile, but he was not sure and it happened too fast.

"HI-SO-KA!!!! ::heart::"

Hisoka sighed when he heard the familiar voice shouting for his name like a nut. "Baka! Slow down your voice, you stupid ojisan!"

"O-JI-SAN?!!!!!" Tsuzuki became puppy-eared. "Hidoi~"Konoe chuckled and there was soft knock on his door. There came in Tatsumi with his usual serious looking.

"Tsuzuki-san, I see you are LATE again today,"he said with a I-WILL-CUT-YOUR-SALARY-OFF-FOR-SURE look. The chibi inu Tsuzuki hid behind Hisoka, who gave a whack on his head. This was all followed by Tsuzuki's yelp of `hidoi!!'

"Tat-Tatsumi,Ohaiyo!! It's still early, isn't it???" Tsuzuki gave his best puppy look, hoping the secretary would not cut his salary AGAIN.

"Well, Kurosaki-kun, this is the information you need for this case," Tatsumi turned to Hisoka,who scolded his older partner. Tatsumi stared at Tsuzuki. "And Tsuzuki-san, you BETTER do your job WELL TODAY,"in an alarming enough tone to scare all his co-workers off. Still, he gave a kind of look that Hisoka did not noticed. Tsuzuki nodded.

"We have to get moving, ojisan," Hisoka pulled Tsuzuki's collar and dragged him, only found himself yelling at that idiot for asking for sweets.

"Hope it goes well now. After all, this is his first year celebrating here….,"Konoe said, after they went away.

"Yeah…," was the short reply from his secretary. He gave a sly smile at Konoe and mentioned that `you promised to pay half of it. Remember,do not forget….' Konoe sweat dropped. `When it comes to money…Tatsumi can be horrible…'

"Hisokaaaa! It's lunch time now! Why don't we just get there and have a….." Before he could finish, he was hit by the emerald-eyed boy. "Ite-ite…Hidoi~"

"Do not forget we ARE HERE FOR AN ASSIGNMENT AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'LL GET IF YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY ON SWEETS!!!" Hisoka started with a low-tone and then yelled.

"….But today at least we get a break….,"Tsuzuki said timidly.

`Today? What day is today?' Hisoka asked in his mind. Yet Hisoka tried to look angry and trying to knock some sense into Tsuzuki's head. "Work means work, get it? No `buts'."

After two hours of long searching with no clue, they went to a nearby restaurant. Tsuzuki was giving his innocent puppy look again. However, this time Hisoka was amazed at how Tsuzuki managed not to order any of the cakes nor pies or any expensive food. Hisoka himself ordered a cup of tea and nothing more. When Tsuzuki tried to get some food for him, he simply shook his head. "I'm not hungry."

Soon, they finished with their business and walked around the town, searching for clues again. Hisoka was sleepy. He did not sleep well because he woke up in sweats, dreaming about the red moon night again, and he did not dare to fall asleep again…. He tripped and nearly collapsed but luckily Tsuzuki managed to grab his small arms. "You okay?" he asked in concern. The young shinigami just nodded slightly.

"C'mon, you need to rest….,"Tsuzuki said, leading the boy to a bench. A feeling of guilty could be sensed by the empath. `Why does he have this feeling?' Hisoka did not understand. Yet, he did not ask, for now he just wanted a brief rest. Soon enough, he fell asleep on his older partner's shoulder. Tsuzuki took the opportunity to stroke Hisoka's front lock of hair. When he remembered how Hisoka threw his arms around him and begged him to live on with tears, he felt that he was stupid. He wanted to die so much, but he did not know how it would make others unhappy. And he always said he wanted others to be happy. How he was going to make others happy while he was actually hurting them instead? `Stupid, Asato.' He could not imagine what would happen to Konoe, Tatsumi, Yuma, Saya, Watari, his rival-Terazuma, and all his co-workers, especially Hisoka, if he died.

`You should be enjoying yourself today….but….' Tsuzuki slowly got up, without waking Hisoka up. He went to a shop and bought something. Satisfied, he then went back. Hisoka was nowhere to be seen! Tsuzuki almost jumped out of his skin at once. He turned to look around and from far away, was a familiar figure. Tsuzuki ran to him.

`18th of October….' Hisoka mind said dully. It was his birthday, and how he hated it. It reminded him of his parents. They did not give him presents anymore on his birthdays since they knew his empathy. And three years spending in a hospital…hoping they would actually pay him a visit on that day of those three years. Even if they never visit him, he hoped they would…at least on his very born day. But then, who would? The birthday of his, meant the birthday of a demon child…. `No, don't think anymore…..why…it's not today…' he begged of himself.

"Hi…soka?"Tsuzuki's voice came from behind him. Hisoka was a little shocked and turned quickly.

"Sorry….,"Hisoka apologized for going away without telling him. Of course, Tsuzuki saw the expression on his face and he knew what crossed the boy's mind. Then he remembered something. Before Hisoka noticed the bag he was holding, he quickly hid it. Hisoka sighed. "There is no need to hide it, I know it…."

"Ahe-he-he….,"Tsuzuki had to think of an excuse. "It-it was a private stuff…"

"Hmph?"Hisoka showed a suspicious look. "Private?"

"It's my underwear," the words slipped before Tsuzuki thought of a better excuse. "Perhaps you wanna see it??"he added in a naughty tone. Hisoka blushed deeply and yelled `baka!!' at him.

Suddenly Watari appeared in front of them. "Tsuzuki! Bon! It's time to go back! Your mission has finished," those last words were said to Tsuzuki more than to Hisoka. Seeing a confused and yet an unsatisfied look on Hisoka, the scientist explained in a careful manner. "The girl's soul was back on its own….Konoe Kacho called you two to come back."

"…….Okay……"

"YEAH!!!!FINAL LY IT'S TIME TO….."Tsuzuki's mouth was full of something that Watari dumped into it. And that `something' was 100% surely not safe…..

"Watch your mouth…..will ya?"Watari whispered. Hisoka just watched. `What's with everyone today?'

.::Back to the Meifu::.

Hisoka was walking towards Konoe's office but got startled when he saw Yuma and Saya were planning to dress him up again. Tsuzuki pulled him out of the mess and with a relieved tone, Hisoka reported to Konoe that they were back. Their boss greeted their arrival with a half-smiling face. On the other hand, Tatsumi, who was also in the room, gave a welcoming smile to the duo. Then, Tatsumi gave Tsuzuki a `good-job' look.

"….So…. I see….,"Hisoka said when he was told by Konoe what happened to the girl's soul that they supposed to find. Tsuzuki was jumping around the room with his puppy ears that Hisoka got furious by it and he received a good smack as a reward. The chibi Tsuzuki moaned and hid behind Tatsumi. Tatsumi immediately knew that the young shinigami was not in his usual condition after he came back.

"Kurosaki-kun, I think that you should get some rest," he pointed out with concern. Konoe also advised the same. Now, they remembered how ill-mannered Hisoka could be when he is sleepy. Once he blasted Terazuma and Tsuzuki because their voice of fighting was disturbing him. Until Terazuma had to kneel in front of him and asked for forgiveness when Hisoka warned that he would touch him(Terazuma became a red-eyed lion when girls touch him, but apparently, Hisoka's touches could have the same effect) XP

"Bon!!" Here came the crazy and yet friendly scientist. The door was flung opened and Watari exclaimed an `oh-uh' when he saw how angry Tatsumi was!

"YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOCKED THE DOOR,"Tatsumi said in a low and warning tone that he always used if his co-workers' bills were overused.

Watari gave a little laugh and pulled Tsuzuki's hands, out of the room. "Since no work anymore, I have to `borrow' him for today!!"and he quickly ran away to his lab before Tatsumi sent out a list of complaint and lectures. Tsuzuki did not attempt to escape, which made Hisoka wondered. Usually Tsuzuki would have yell `Hisoka, tasukete!!!' Well, his headache was too bad to bother about his stupid partner now.

"If there is nothing else, I'll excuse myself,"Hisoka said in a dry voice. However, it was then that Tatsumi spoke out.

"Kurosaki-kun, I think it'd be better if you stay in the infirmary to wait for Tsuzuki. He demanded for you to stay and wait for him."

It was obvious that the boy frowned at the idea, however, he took the idea and went to sleep. Yet, he still did not know what would happen to him in a couple of hours….. Yuma and Saya were fussing around him. He stirred and they stopped at once. Tsuzuki could not help staring at him, a NEW Hisoka. Konoe was trying not to give away his laughter. Tatsumi hid his smiles behind his cup of coffee. Watari was jumping over at his own first time real success potion! Guess what? Sex-changing potion was a success! Yes, sex-changing! That means…

"…..Ohm….,"Hisoka woke up and was surprised to see almost all his co-workers were there. When he spotted how Terazuma almost tripped at his look and how Wakaba tried to stop herself from smiling. He tried to look down at his own body and for the first time Hisoka yelled loudly! "!!! AHHHHHH!! What's this?!!!!!"it was not his own voice…

A sign pointed at Watari, written `his good job and success' on it. Hisoka screamed again. His costumes! He-he was dressed in a-a go-gown!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! A nightmare!!!! A century horror story to him….

*To be continued*


Author's note: Sorry to those who doesn't like this idea...I did mention that Hisoka(girl) I drew is based on my fanfic, and this is it... ::sweatdrops:: Hope you can give me some comments!