Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ The List ❯ The List Ch. 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Having borrowed a portable computer from the library and sat down at one of its tables, Tatsumi realized belatedly that he could do nothing productive until the data from his office machine's hard drive had uploaded.

Watari would have told him that, had he been given the chance.

He could, if he wished, blame his unaccountable rudeness on technological ineptitude. A reasonable, if not most pride-sparing, course of action would be to go back to the office, apologize, and find something useful to do. True, there was nothing; he had been planning to tackle the payroll when the computer had crashed this morning. A restart successfully brought it back on-line, but files were missing and he hadn't wanted to take chances, so he had filed all the loose paperwork under his responsibility after calling in Watari.

Satisfaction in efficiency notwithstanding, it was rather annoying to have to sit around with his own thoughts for the next two hours or more. Foremost, given his unwarranted reactions earlier, the time should most logically be assigned to thinking over his relationship with the person habitual caution was loudly telling him to avoid. "Don't want to" was a luxury afforded only (occasionally) to those under his command.

In the silence of the library, he reluctantly allowed his thoughts to settle on his partner-as much of a confidant as Tatsumi had ever allowed, never seeking more detail than he had been willing to provide. Just as protective of his friends' emotional freedoms as he was of their bodies and minds. Tatsumi was a perfect dampener to his at times overreaching enthusiasm; Watari kept him from becoming detached from his humanity. The only person around whom he was not forced to restrain himself, Watari yelled back when they argued a point, never crumbling or begging for mercy. They complemented each other well.

Had Watari been there, he might have noted that his partner was yet again overrationalizing. In truth, there was an immediate attraction to the blonde that didn't stem from his personality, but Tatsumi still bristled at the to-do list's implication that his intentions were less than pure.

The hell they aren't, a part of his psyche beginning to sound like his partner informed him. There's a grand total of eighty years of sexual frustration between us.

He had the next two hours. Wasn't it like him as well to be open and direct in seeking a relationship? Why should it be anyone else's responsibility?

"Uh…" He paused at the door of the library.

How would Watari do this?