Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legend ❯ Urban Legends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Urban Legends
Author's Notes: I do not own the Shinigami nor do I own Genkai. I do however own everyone else. The Urban Legends I do not either.
__________________________________________________________

The rain poured down on the few cars on the road heading home from some last minute Christmas shopping. The cars were being careful on the winding road so they wouldn't end up with their cars in a ditch on the one side of the road or even worse, one of the trees that lined the other side of the windy road. There was one car that was being especially careful because it was being driven by a teenager that was no older then sixteen.

The car was occupied by two sisters: the oldest, being eighteen, seating in the passenger seat and the youngest, being sixteen, driving.

"I am so glad that we managed to get some last minute Christmas shopping done," said Amyntas.

"Yes," said the younger of the two, Dorotea, slowly concentrating more on the road then on the concentration at hand.

"Don't worry so much kiddo," said Amyntas, touching her sister's arm lightly. "Its past midnight very few cars are on the road save for other people that were late doing their Christmas shopping."

"Let's hope we are up early enough to catch the plane tomorrow morning."

"Don't worry," grinned the older girl, running her hands through her short black hair. "I will be sure to wake you up if they sleep in even over a minute."

"I am sure you will," responded the other girl, pushing her dark brown bangs behind her hair and out of her coco brown eyes. The rain was starting to remind her of the one time she had slept in for a minute and had ended up with an up turned bucket of ice water on her face.

"I hope mom likes the necklace," commented Amyntas.

"She had better that thing cost us both a paycheck! But I know daddy will like the watch, it looks like the one grandpa used to have."

"That is a good thing seeing how I believe it was the one grandpa used to have."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah," said Dorotea, reaching in the back seat for the bag from the antique store. "Where is it?" she asked glancing in the back seat quickly.

"Keep your eyes on the road," said Amyntas, reminding her sister gently even though she knew the other female didn't need the reminder very often.

"What is that person doing?" asked Dorotea, narrowing her eyes in concentration at the car in the other lane that was swerving dangerously along the road.

"I wonder if he is drunk," said Amyntas. "Oh shit Dorotea!"

"Ah!" screamed Amyntas, swerving to avoid the oncoming car that had started driving in their lane, heading towards them at a fast speed.

The car skidded into a ditch and slammed into two of the trees; a branch on one tree going through the back seat and a smaller branch from the other tree going through the window on the passenger side.

"Dorotea!" screamed Amyntas, grabbing her younger sister and pushing her down onto the seat throwing her own body over her in an attempt to protect her from death's chilling embrace.

When the paramedics got there and managed to get the driver's side door open they found Amyntas pinning Dorotea beneath her, protecting her against the tree branch. Amyntas was dead from the looks of things she had died on impact; Dorotea oh the other hand was in bad condition but there was a small chance she could live.

October 1 the next year__________________________________________

Dorotea stood beneath the spray of the shower running a rag over her body. Her knuckles brushed against the long scar that ran down her chest between her breasts, an eternal reminder about the surgery she had gone through the December of last year a week before Christmas. Her sister's heart had been placed into her chest and so even though her sister was dead it was almost like the older woman was always with her, a thought that pained her deeply whenever she thought of the older, now dead female.

The light went out and she placed her head against the cold tile knowing what would happen in a few minutes. Sure enough the air was filled with the smell of sulfur and not long after that she heard the sound of girls chanting voices filling the air. She smiled softly the senior girls were initiating the Freshmen girls into the dorm. She had undergone it not to long ago herself and she had been scared shitless.

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," they chanted slowly getting louder. "Bloody Mary, Blood Mary, Bloody Mary." Dorotea hissed when one of the senior girls turned on all the faucets cutting the hot water off and knew that some of them were throwing water onto the large mirror. "BLOODY MARY! BLOODY MARY! BLOODY MARY!" The chanting voices of the girls filled the room and bounded off of the walls.

She sighed in relief when the voices stopped and then couldn't help but grin when she heard some of the Freshmen girls scream and run out of the bathroom. The lights turned on and Dorotea turned the water off and wrapped a towel around her body and peaked outside and saw one of the Senior girl's wearing a tattered and blood stained robe with cuts that had been applied to her face by theatrical make up and where made even more ghastly by the fake blood streaming down it. The girl was also holding up a long slightly curved knife dripping with the same theatrical blood.

"Congratulations, you brave souls," she said to the few Freshmen that had remained. "Welcome to our Dorm; your sister Freshmen I am afraid will have to go through this initiation again. You are forbidden to tell them about this little joke though. Is that clear?" The girls nodded and the female possessing has Blood Mary smiled sinisterly. "Good, because if you don't," and she let the threat hang in the air has she threw the knife into the mirror which immediately disappeared. "Dismissed."

Boys Dorm Same Night__________________________________________

The Senior and Freshmen males of the school had gathered in the main hall before a Giant full length mirror with a gaudy golden frame.

"What are we doing?" whispered one of the males.

"You ladies are going to become men tonight!" shouted one of the Seniors standing in front of the mirror.

"So what is there like a prostitute house behind there or something?" asked a freshmen near the back.

"No such luck sweetheart!' shouted the male. "This is not a fantasy! This is a nightmare!" The lights flickered causing some of the younger males to shift uncomfortably wondering about the bad lighting when the weather was clear. "They say that when this school was first built it was an Insane Asylum. They say there was man here that died of mysterious circumstances. He had a habit of wielding a Huge ax while wearing a Little Bo Peep Costume."

"You have got to be kidding me," whispered one of the Freshmen boys with a raised eyebrow.

The lights went out briefly and when they came back on the Senior continued to talk has if nothing had happened. "And every night in October he comes back searching for more people to kill!" The lights went out again and when they came back on a bulky figure stopped behind the Senior wearing a little Bo Peep Costume and wielding an ax with a blade three times the size of the senior's head rose it up and swung downward.

Several of the males screamed while a few others stood their waiting to see what would happen to the senior while a few other burst out laughing.

"Very funny," said the male dressed has little bo peep. "But still you have to be the only group that cracked up at me wearing this. How they grow. But still everyone that stayed passed your underclassmen buddies have to come back later and retake it until they prove themselves has men. Oh yeah, don't tell them a thing about this."

"Right!"

TBC