Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legend ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Urban Legends 2
Author's Notes: I do not own the Shinigami nor do I own Genkai. I do however own everyone else. The Urban Legends I do not own either.

________________________________________________________
A girl with messy long blonde hair was walking down the hall rubbing the sleep from her pale gray eyes. She was wearing green and black plaid pajama pants and a matching green tank top with a black cat in front; a white bath towel had been swung over her shoulder and in the hand that wasn't being used to rub the sleep from her eyes she carried a black toiletry bag filled with soap, travel toothbrush and toothpaste, small shampoo and conditioner bottles, shaving lotion and a razor.

It was too early for the sun to be up so she walked by the dark windows unnoticed by anyone that might look up into the second story window and see her, no one did though. A yawn escaped her throat and she stretched in a rather cat like manor as she slipped into the girls bathroom and fumbled along the wall for the light switch; when she found it she headed for the sink removing her toothbrush and toothpaste from the bag. Turning the water on she stuck her toothbrush under the faucet and applied toothpaste to it before she began to brush her teeth.

The girl was so busy brushing her teeth she did not notice the swinging pendulum like figure hanging in one of the stalls. She leaned over to spit out the toothpaste and then proceeded to wash her face and only then was she alert enough to notice the body swinging back and forth from the shower stall. She turned around slowly her hands still holding the towel and her gray eyes took in the figure of the hanging corpse her identity was hard to figure out because someone or something had scratched her face clean off. She knew however, that it was a senior the lapel pin on her nightgown identified her has such a rank.

She backed away against the sink and knocked her toiletry bag on the floor causing the contents to scatter around on the floor. A scream bubbled up in her throat and just when she opened her mouth to release it long slender hands appeared from the mirror behind her and tore long deep tears in her arms when she pulled away in an attempt to escape. Turning around she saw a woman that was wearing a white long sleeved gown covered in blood and her slender arms and hands were covered in blood has well both old and new. However, it was her face that drew the most attention the woman inside the mirror her face had been scratched off that only her muscles and her clear blue eyes could be seen. Her mouth opened and this time she did scream, but it sounded hoarse and soft; the sort of scream that can only happen if you too scared to make a sound. The figure lunged from the mirror and the girl threw her hands up to protect her face from the ghastly looking woman without the face.

Later that week_____________________________________________

Two girls sat in the principals office listening to him drone on and on about how wonderful the school was. They noticed that not once did he mention the recent ghastly murders of the students. In fact he seemed to be avoiding that subject at all costs.

The girls were twins, Americans that were born one hour a part; the oldest had short dark red hair with long bangs that framed the side of her face that she had dyed orange. Her cool blue eyes stared out the window displaying total and utter boredom. Her suede tan skirt flowed from the seat of the chair like a small water fall with fringes, her forest green suede, sleeveless shirt clung loosely to her figure, and her entire outfit was topped off with hiking boots. Her twin sister on the other hand had died her long hair the same color orange has her sister's bangs and allowed her bangs to remain red and short; her eyes were the same color of blue has her sister's but the younger girl's eyes looked around the office taking everything in with the curiosity of a cat. She wore baggy black pants with buckles, a tight red tank top that revealed some of her stomach, over which she wore a black fishnet shirt, red gloveletts, and black boots. Both girls seemed to demonstrate a clash of clothing and style; yet ironically neither one seemed to give a damn.

"You haven't mentioned the murders that have been happening around here since October started," said the one staring out the window.

"Those are just rumors Miss. Condordia," stated the principal nervously before changing the subject quickly.

`Rumors my ass,' thought Condordia. `His students are dropping like flies, more females then males, is this guy just being paranoid about loosing new students or is he behind the whole thing for one reason or another?'


`Do you really think he is behind the whole thing sister?" asked Ora in the older twins' mind.

`I do not believe he has the power,' she responded in kind. `But he is trying far too hard to avoid the subject and is acting very nervous about the whole thing.'

`Good thing Lady Cat sent us,' said Ora. `With the Great War steadily approaching and everything.'

`Yes,' said Condordia. `It is a good thing that Lord Yomi and his men finally managed to translate that prophecy.'

`We have two more prophecies to find; but I am sure we will find them soon enough.'

"Now," said the principal bringing the sisters away from their private conversation. "I am sure you are both eager to get your uniforms and get to your classes."

"Yes," said Condordia standing up, her sister following suit. "We are. Thank you for sparing us your time principal. You will have no trouble with us."

"I am sure I won't your last principal said you were lovely girls."

Condordia frowned and her eyes narrowed there was a hidden message within those words and she would have to watch this principal; something told her the health of the student body was not high on his propriety list. "Come on Ora," said Condordia heading for the door. "Let's get our stuff and get to class."

"Right," said Ora, following Condordia out the door like an obedient puppy.

The principal watched the girls leave the office; he could tell that they had strong spiritual powers, they could be dangerous. He sighed and pushed his glasses up on his large nose that had been broken in his youth. His wrist was starting to itch and he scratched the black tattoo that had been burned into his skin in a language that had been dead for centuries. Things needed to be picked up before the higher levels realized what was happening.

Elsewhere______________________________________________ _____

Tsuzuki and Hisoka stood outside the school building; the latter dressed in the blue and black school uniform while the form was wearing his usual suit and trench coat.

"Are you sure this is it?" asked Tsuzuki, looking over the vine covered stone walls wearily. "It looks like something out of a horror movie, and a bad one at that. All it needs is mist, a full moon, and lightning in the back ground with thunder sounding through out the sky."

"No more American Black and White Horror movies for you," said Hisoka, glancing up briefly from the slip of paper in his hand. "Why do we let Watari write notes and directions? I can barely read this shit."

"Come Hisoka," said Tsuzuki, heading into the gate towards the school. "How hard can it be to get a wondering spirit to come with us?"

"Famous last words," muttered Hisoka.

The two males entered the building and prepared to start their search for the missing spirit. They walked down the halls; their eyes scanning the students for the any sign of a wondering spirit: somewhere, anywhere.

"Do you see anyone suspicious?" asked Tsuzuki softly.

"Not really," said Hisoka, his green eyes rolling in irritation at the wide eyed looks of adoration from the females directed at him and Tsuzuki. "Why is it that where ever we go girl within a ten mile radius stalk us?"

"They don't stalk us! They stalk you!"

"That's so reassuring," muttered Hisoka, his eyebrow twitching has he tried to avoid the piercing gazes of the girls.

Tsuzuki opened his mouth to respond when a blood curling scream pierced the air and both Shinigami ran in the direction of the scream. When they reached the source of the scream they saw a girl standing in front of a stained glass window a look of horror on her face has she took in the carnage. Pinned to the shattered and broken remains of the window was a boy his head hanging from a string attached the light fixture and his chest had been hacked open so that his entrails spilled forth and onto the floor. The girl's eyes rolled into the back of her head and she feel backwards into the arms of Tsuzuki.

"What the hell?" he whispered, his eyes widening taking in the carnage that made his stomach lurch.