Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legend ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Urban Legends 3
Author's Notes: I do not own the Shinigami nor do I own Genkai. I do however own everyone else. The Urban Legends I do not own either.

__________________________________________________________ __

Tsuzuki sat at his desk and tried to concentrate on grading the papers; but he couldn't seem to get any work done with his partner and friend staring at the window watching the rain pour down. He sighed and brushed his bangs from his eyes, sighing in annoyance and seating back in the office chair. "Alright Hisoka," he said. "What is bothering you?"

"I just can't help thinking," said Hisoka slowly in his usually monotone voice. "That those twins aren't in some way connected to the mysterious deaths that have been happening."

"Perhaps," said Tsuzuki. "But we were not sent here to look into the death of those teenagers; we are here to look into the missing spirit that refuses to leave the school grounds. Besides," he said smiling in a reassuring manner. "The death's happened before the twin girls showed up at the door. So like I said there is no reason for us to get involved."

"Actually Mr. Tsuzuki," said the younger Goshin, appearing out of nowhere. "Mr. Konoe told me to tell you that you two now also have to look into the mysterious deaths of the students."

"Looks like we will be working over time," smiled Tsuzuki. "Which means: more money, to buy more sweets."

"Yeah, yeah," said Hisoka heading towards the door.

"Where are you going Hisoka?" asked Tsuzuki has he and the Goshin turned to watch the young male leave the room.

"I am going to my dorm," said Hisoka. "Maybe I can get some information on any strange happenings from my two room mates."

"You are actually going to willingly talk to someone?" asked Tsuzuki in mock shock.

Hisoka didn't respond he just left the classroom shutting the door behind him and headed down the dark hallway to the west wing of the building toward the boys' dorms. The lights where off in the halls and the occasional flash of lighting was the only light for him to see by. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and hung his head, deep in thought about the newest case when he heard footsteps coming from behind him; he turned around slowly, not really knowing what he was expecting but saw no one. He frowned his green eyes trying to make out the occasional dancing shadows of the barren trees.

He slowly turned back around and resumed his walk toward the dorm rooms. He froze when he heard the footsteps again and this time he continued on his way to his destination; but kept his eyes and ears open for any change in pace from the person behind him. When he reached the door leading toward the boys' dorm he stopped again and looked around once more before entering the room.

The creature that had been following Hisoka stopped when the youth entered the boys' dorm and hefted the large ax to rest it on his broad shoulders. The male had dark brown hair and a bristly chin his burly chest and arms were equally hairy giving aura that he should be working in the woods cutting down trees. A flash of lighting highlighted his muscular figure and the blood dripping from his ax. He turned around slowly facing away from the dorm rooms and headed back down the hall his figure flickering and fading.

The air shifted slightly where the being once was and Concordia appeared her blue eyes giving off a strange glow whenever the lighting flashed in the darkened sky. Her dark brown pajama pants and the dark forest green made her seem almost like a slender tree with odd leaves at the top. She frowned slightly at the door and sniffed the air; she could smell fresh blood on the air. Her blue eyes narrowed, the blood that had been split was male and an innocent at that.

"Damn," she hissed in agitation whirling around in the small puddle of blood on the ivory carpet and trying to find the main source of the blood.

Morning___________________________________________________< br>
A group of seniors were laughing and shoving each other acting like nothing was wrong; and it wasn't not in their world at least. They had just gotten done pumping some iron and were heading towards the locker rooms their sweat dripping down their muscular and tanned bodies. They didn't notice anything wrong in the locker rooms until one of them slipped on a large puddle of blood on the ceramic tiling.

"Hey man," said one of his buddies helping him to his feet. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just slipped on a puddle of blood," whispered the one that now had blood on his sweat pants. "Where did it all come from?"

"There," whispered another friend of his, pointing at the body of a freshmen boy that looked like he had been sliced and diced for a salad. "I think we have another murder on our hands."

"The principal is going to be pissed," said another boy. "What do you think he will want us to do with this one?"

"The same thing he has us do with all the others," snorted his friend trying to get the blood out of his sweat pants. "Old-man Nero (sorry couldn't resist) seems to be hiding something."

"I don't think I want to know what that psychotic freak is up too," said one of the males has they headed in the direction of the cut up boy.

Hisoka stared at them from his place inside the locker, his eyes narrowed thoughtfully. Even though the boys blamed the principal for hiding the deaths of their fellow students from the rest of the world he still couldn't get passed the fact that the twin girls were somehow the ones doing the killing. All he need now was the proof and hopefully that proof would lead him to the missing spirit.

Night_____________________________________________________ ___

Pax Dorotea sat on her bed and brushed out her long hair so that she would be able to braid it to keep out the knots. She looked up has thunder crashed outside and stopped brushing her hair to look out the window has the rain poured down in sheets. It always seemed to be raining now a days ever since the body count had been mounting.

`What's wrong Dorotea?" asked her reflection which slowly changed shape to form her sister.

"The body count just won't stop mounting," whispered Dorotea. "And all it seems to do now a days is rain!"

`I know, I know,' soothed Amyntas. `But don't worry the new students of the school will fix everything and I am here and will always protect you.'

"Protect me from what?" whispered Dorotea.

`That is nothing you should worry about `gift of God'.'

Dorotea bit her lip and knew that whenever her sister called her `gift of God' then the conversation was over. "Well, okay," she whispered.

`Cheer up sweet one,' smiled Amyntas. `It is always darkest before the dawn."

"Yeah, yeah." Dorotea sat back when her sister's reflection reverted back to her own.

Elsewhere_____________________________________________________

Tsuzuki sighed, and shook his head, he was standing in the middle of a deserted hall and he felt the shimmer of the ghostly presence fade. He sighed stuffing his hands in the pockets of his trousers. He had hoped to get at least half of this case solved tonight; but it looked like the fates were against him. They always seemed to be against him in the start of a case and he could never seem to figure out why. Taking a deep breath he let it out and slowly turned around turning his body to look out the window at the rain. He watched has his image slowly changed and he saw wings sprouting from his back much like when he was possessed by Sagatonis; but this time his wings were white and more fluffy.

"What the?" he whispered, reaching out to touch his reflection it shifted and changed like ripples in a water and he found himself staring at a woman instead of his own reflection.

Tsuzuki gasped and took a step back to take in her appearance. She had long blonde hair and dark lilac eyes and her features while plain had an aura of beauty. Her long legs were encased in black leather boots that went an inch past mid thigh and were fastened to her thighs by two buckles each. The outfit she wore was pure white and dipped down low to reveal her cleavage while it clung to her chest and her waist the rest of it flowing to her ankles loosely to allow freedom of movement; the skirt had two wide slits that went up to her hip and the wide black leather belt with silver encrusted crosses. She wore black satin gloveletts that stopped an inch below her arm pits. Four wings sprouted from her back long and beautiful. He had never seen the woman before in his life but still he had a feeling he knew her from somewhere.

"Son," she whispered reaching out has if to touch him before fading away.

A scream pierced through the night and Tsuzuki took off in the direction of the girls' locker room nearly slamming into Hisoka in his attempt to get to the girl that had screamed. The moment the two Shinigami reached the locker room they burst into the door and saw a woman reaching out for one of the students from a mirror her black hair shielding her face and her arms and hands soaked with blood.

"What the hell?!" whispered Hisoka, has Tsuzuki reached into his coat for some seals.

The woman turned her attention to the males and slipped back into the mirror. Tsuzuki sighed and slipped the paper back into his coat and went to check on the nearly hysterical female. "Are you okay?" he asked gently. The girl nodded slowly before latching onto Tsuzuki and crying into his chest. "Well," said Tsuzuki, patting her head in a comforting gesture. "At least she is still alive."

Hisoka nodded and looked at the mirror the woman had come from. `The twins weren't the killers; but could they be the ones causing the murders?' thought Hisoka, his brow furrowing in consideration. `Did they somehow manage to summon these beings from another realm? If they aren't the ones doing it then who is and why are those girls here?'

Morning____________________________________________________

"I think we are dealing with Urban Legends," said Hisoka has he and Tsuzuki went over the photographs.

"Urban Legends?" asked Tsuzuki raising an eyebrow.

"According to my room mates," said Hisoka. "The students use two Urban Legends to innate the Freshmen into the school. The girls use a woman named Bloody Mary, a woman that supposedly according the popular legend was disfigured in a car wreck and died and can be summoned with a mirror, a candle, and chanting her name."

"What about the other one?"

"That is basically the legend of a man that runs around with an ax chopping people into little bits and pieces."

"Charming."

"Yeah, and in some of the legends he is dressed up has Little Bo Peep."

"Little Bo Peep?"

"Yeah."

"Uh huh… I don't even want to know."

"Yeah," said Hisoka.

"Has anyone seen this Little Bo Peep guy and lived to tell about it?"

"No and that girl is the only one to survive an attack by who the students term Bloody Mary."

"We should probably keep an eye on her," said Tsuzuki.

"I know," said Hisoka. "That thing might come back and finish her work."

"Who is she?"

"Pax Dorotea."

Night___________________________________________________ ______

Hisoka was walking down the streets heading towards the boys dorm after keeping a careful surveillance on the Dorotea girl, without her realizing it. He walked into the hall way and came face to face with a tall burly man in a puffy light blue dress with white polka dots. Hisoka looked at the man with a raised eyebrow before taking notice of the giant ax in his hand.

"Right," said Hisoka, dodging the ax and looking for a way to throw the taller man off.

The man swung and shattered one of the mirrors in the hall causing lights to go on through out the hall and several male voices to drift behind closed doors before running out intent on pounding whomever had woken them up. Needless to say when they got into the hall and saw the damage they went from angry, to shocked, to impressed.

"Lets hear it for Hisoka the survivor of Bo Peep!" shouted one of the males.

"YEAH!"

"HISOKA THE DEFEATER OF BO PEEP!"

"This is going to a real long misson," muttered Hisoka sweat dropping.

TBC