Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Weirdness as usual. ❯ late nights and early mornings. ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer - Yami no Matsuei is Yoko Matsushita's, not mine. I just borrow her characters for fun, not profit.
 
Watari yawned and closed the tea cupboard with a triumphant grin, before staggering back to his lab and passing out for the night.
 
Twisting and writhing in his bed Tatsumi struggled with another nightmare, shadows cocooning his body protectively in response to his distress. Endlessly reliving events of the past, emotions becoming animate and attacking him, nightmare visions of a hopeless future…. At last he jolted into wakefulness breathing heavily in reaction to his fear. Months on and still he could not sleep through the night. He scrubbed his face, trying to bring his shuddering breaths under control and regain himself. With a weary sigh the secretary quietly stepped through to the bathroom and showered. He might as well make a start on the day since sleep was turning out to be such a dead loss.
 
Arriving at the department Tatsumi yawned and looked up at the big clock. He must be crazy, coming in to work at half past four in the morning. He shrugged, dismissing his own thoughts and pulled the most urgent stack of paperwork towards him. No matter how confusing the world was or how distressed his own emotions were there was something inordinately soothing about a spreadsheet with its exact numbers marching down the columns all neat and orderly. At half past seven he stood and stretched out aching muscles before deciding to attempt some breakfast.
 
The kitchen had beautiful large windows that let in the early morning sunlight, making anyone who cared to come in at such an ungodly hour feel better for being in the room. It even managed to bring a smile to Tatsumi's lips. He rummaged in the cupboards for the neatly boxed up left-overs of yesterday's lunch and tea leaves. His gaze became unfocused when he encountered Tsuzuki's tea and he decided to indulge himself for once, albeit in a minor way.
 
The scream echoed through the whole building, smashing Watari's peaceful sleep and getting him on his feet and sprinting out of the door in record time. He came to a halt in Tatsumi's office and stared. `Well blow me down with a feather….'
 
`This is your doing I assume, Watari-san?' The alto voice demanded acidically as the somewhat changed form rested hands on very nicely rounded hips and the familiar blue eyes glared at him menacingly. Watari failed to reply for a moment as he took in the way the shirt and trousers hung off the same-sized but differently proportioned frame. She still had fine broad shoulders with the regally fine bone structure that had made Tatsumi the man such a fine body to look at, but the waist and hips were clearly defined and the ribcage narrower, which at least meant his… her shirt didn't gape open to reveal the newly acquired bustline.
 
`If it is any consolation firstly, you weren't supposed to be girlified, and secondly, you do make a very attractive woman.' Apparently it was not any consolation as the secretary continued glaring down at him. `See for yourself!' He pulled the other behind him to a full-length mirror and placed Tatsumi before it. Tatsumi met her gaze in the mirror and then slowly looked further down, examining her new form in its entirety, even going so far as to turn slightly to check out her own backside.
 
Very calmly she spoke. `Oh shit.' Then she promptly fainted, dropping like a dead weight to the floor.
 
Hisoka wandered in, one large green eye screwed shut as he rubbed the sleep from it with a dainty hand as the other stifled a yawn. -Oh look. Watari's running around panicking. I wonder what he exploded this time. - He thought vaguely to himself, too sleepy to really register anything. He walked straight past the newly feminised Tatsumi with a mumbled `Morning' and straight into the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. There was a pause before the door reopened and he came back out. Tatsumi, passed out on the floor. Tatsumi as a woman, passed out on the floor. Tatsumi as a woman passed out on the floor with Watari looking like it is his fault. Check. `What did you do you happy go lucky idiotic scientist?' He growled lowly, quite prepared to kick arse on behalf of the department's only other reliably competent worker.
 
`Oooooh pretty girly Tatsumi-san!' The impending doom was postponed as the two blonds grabbed their brown-haired friend and fled the insane Hokkaido girls before they could get their mitts on Tatsumi and go into make-over mode.
 
Chief Konoe looked from the empath to the scientist to the secretary as all three stood before his desk and blinked. In his long decades at En-Ma-Cho this was by no stretch of the imagination the weirdest thing he had encountered. It didn't even get into the top twenty, heck now Tatsumi was actually thinking she came to realise it wasn't even the weirdest thing she'd had done to her by a work colleague during her time here, although it did warrant mention in the top ten, but that was mainly for the weirdness of Watari's potion actually working. As such she produced her pen and clipboard from apparently nowhere and took the chance to brief Watari and Hisoka on the day's tasks. The two blonds exchanged a glance. Only Tatsumi would turn a fundamentally identity and emotional changing experience into a way of getting them to work more efficiently.