Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Within My Mind, Within Your Heart ❯ Real and Unreal ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Within My Mind, Within Your Heart
Chapter Nine- Real and Unreal
 
“He won't wake.”
 
Tsuzuki flinched and whirled around, then gasped. He was in the infirmary room, sitting on a bed, holding Hisoka in his arms as the boy lay against his chest, sitting upright in his lap. His pink ribbons were gone, replaced with a long sleeved nightshirt and pants, no traces of being covered in the ribbons or within his mind. Tsuzuki lightly shook the boy, but the empath hardly made a sound. He looked peaceful in his state, but it scared Tsuzuki. Was he still in Hisoka's mind or had he been pulled back and the boy had not come with him?
 
“Don't worry,” said a voice. Tsuzuki snapped his head up to the doorway. A familiar looking secretary stood there, as well as a certain scientist, a miko, a smoker, and two hyperactive girls.
 
“Tatsumi, everyone,” Tsuzuki breathed in relief. Thank God, someone they were here. Tatsumi walked over and helped Tsuzuki lay the unconscious Hisoka on the bed, pulling the covers up to his chin.
 
“That trip exhausted you, as well as Kurosaki-kun,” Tatsumi said, straightening, turning to face the other shinigami, who had moved from his position into another one, sitting on the end of the bed. “You yourself should also get some rest.”
 
“Thanks… but what about Hisoka? He hasn't woken up,” said the amethyst eyed man sadly, looking at his eternally youthful partner. Tatsumi put a hand on his friend's shoulder. “He probably just needs to get rest.”
 
Watari and the rest of the gang nodded as the scientist pulled out his laptop again to scan Hisoka. Saya and Yuma literally tackle glomped Tsuzuki, who could not take his eyes off his partner, who continued to remain motionless on the bed. Was he truly going to be okay?
 
“You're all sure Hisoka's going to be okay?” he asked. Watari glanced up from his computer, taking a good look at Hisoka before nodding. “He's not in himself anymore. He is just unconscious now. His coma state is gone.”
 
Tsuzuki breathed a sigh of relief once more before he blinked, looking at the scientist. Watari never said things in simple terms like that. That was odd…
 
Wakaba came over and hugged Tsuzuki, relieved to see him all right. Tsuzuki gave her a small smile before looking up at a slightly fuming Terazuma. The other shinigami was pulling out a cigarette and already lighting it up, all the while glaring at Tsuzuki. The amethyst eyes shinigami didn't return the glare, better chose to ignore it.
 
He flinched when Terazuma came over and raised his hand, as though to smack him. But instead, the smoking shinigami put a hand on his shoulder before turning away quickly, hiding embarrassment on his face. Tsuzuki stared into his back. Terazuma NEVER acted like that. Even if he was supposed to be nice to Tsuzuki, he NEVER acted that way. It was then that Tsuzuki felt like there was something wrong.
 
Tsuzuki walked back to Hisoka's bedside and picked up the unconscious form of the teen, turning back to everyone, who looked on in confusion. Tsuzuki gave a small smile and shook his head. “I'm sorry, everyone.”
 
“Sorry for what?” asked Wakaba.
 
“You have nothing to be sorry for, Tsuzuki,” Tatsumi said, walking up to him, but not getting far as Tsuzuki put up a barrier. Blue eyes widened in confusion and surprise. Tsuzuki shook his head again, pulling Hisoka closer to himself.
 
“Even in a dream, you all are too good to be true.”
 
Shocked eyes stared at him before dissolving and all colors began to shift from their tints to a familiar soft shade of green. He was back in the Heart Conscious, sense aware and on alert. Suddenly, dark coils assaulted his body; a deep voice rang out in his ears, in some surpise, and the voice angered him.
 
“Tsuzuki-san, you broke your dream box.”
 
Tsuzuki, hearing the voice clearly, turned around to face a man dressed in all white, floating in Hisoka's Heart Conscious essence, a sadistic evil smile gracing his mouth and a bloodstained dagger in hand. Tsuzuki gritted his teeth and growled, eyes glaring in hate. “Muraki.”
 
“Yes, Tsuzuki-san, are you surprised to see me?” the madman asked, twirling the bloody dagger between his fingers, the smirk never leaving his face as his steely eyes regarded Tsuzuki with a veil of lust. Amethyst darkened in anger and he clutched Hisoka's body closer to him, shielding him off from the evil doctor.
 
“How did you get into Hisoka's mind!” shouted Tsuzuki, wanting to know how it was even remotely possible. Muraki chuckled and floated over towards him, stopping feet away, still floating around Tsuzuki's eye level.
 
“You remembered I was the one who cursed his beautiful body, ne?” Muraki said in a playful manner, still leaving the smirk to hang on his lips. That little reminder of when Tsuzuki first found out made the brunette grind his teeth together to keep from screaming at the maniac. He had to keep cool to get enough information.
 
“To be honest, getting in here was easier than finding the bouya himself, if you catch my drift,” Muraki said casually.
 
“What do you mean?” Tsuzuki asked, glancing for a second to the unconscious pink ribbon tied Hisoka in his arms then back to the white doctor.
 
Muraki chuckled; even his artificial eye seemed to gleam. “The way I was able to get into his mind… is through the curse contract from almost seven years ago now.”
 
“Curse contract?” Now Tsuzuki was confused.
 
“The curse I placed onto his beautiful body that night when he saw the face of a ruthless murderer.” Muraki continued to be casual, as though this were something he explained everyday. Perhaps he did, but then again, Tsuzuki wouldn't be surprised.
 
“This curse binds my precious doll to me and thus I can torture him mentally and physically in whichever way I wish, whenever I wish,” the sentence flowed from the man's tongue, layered with amusement. “And he is such a responsive doll, indeed… Now, Tsuzuki-san.”
 
Tsuzuki floated back a foot or two; he couldn't tell. Muraki leaned in close and said huskily, “Why don't you give me my doll back? I wish to play with it for a while.”
 
Tsuzuki shook his head violently and drew back again, shielding his partner from the man. “Never.”
 
Muraki frowned. “Such impudence. Then you shall both perish in here without a prayer.”
 
Muraki raised his hand as it began to glow gold against the green Heart Conscious essence. Golden flames from Hell sprung out from behind him and began to trace a circle, spinning around behind the doctor. After the circle was met end to end, the flames didn't stop. They traced inside the circle and formed a star. A pentagram.
 
A large ball of fire burst from the pentagram, making its way towards Tsuzuki. The amethyst-eyed shinigami turned around quickly, shielding Hisoka from the blast and cringed in pain as the flames assaulted him from behind, burning through his coat and shirt, licking his skin. The Heart Conscious essence around him cooled down his back as it began to heal, the burns fading from sight. However, Muraki was unfazed by such an act.
 
Another fireball, this one larger than the first burned Tsuzuki's back again, the burns going deeper into his skin, making him release a cry of utter pain, his teeth gritted together and his eyes clenched shut tightly. Hisoka did not so much as move in his arms, but alive or dead, Tsuzuki was going to protect him, even if it cost his second life, he would do it.
 
“You refuse to give me the doll that rightfully belongs to me and now you refuse to die. I may love you, but that doesn't mean anything if I can't have my precious doll back,” he heard Muraki say devilishly behind him.
 
Hisoka's mind essence fanned his burning back, but it took longer to heal than the last time. Again, the fire came at him and Tsuzuki let out a cry of pain, shutting his eyes as a tear made its way past his lash. He opened his eyes blearily to the unmoving form of the boy in his arms.
 
`I won't give up,' Tsuzuki thought. `Not now. I won't let you go. Please Hisoka… hear my thoughts, help my body, lend me your power in spirit... Please…'
 
Leaning down, and ignoring the gasp of shock from Muraki, the amethyst eyed shinigami closed his eyes and gently pressed his lips to Hisoka's cold ones, slipping in his tongue, pouring out his thoughts and feelings to the boy, wishing for a reaction, any reaction.
 
“You choose him over me! How dare you!” he heard Muraki scream. Tsuzuki sensed another ball of fire come at him, but he didn't break the contact with his younger partner. The fireball was less than a few inches from him before he felt Hisoka twitch and the ball of fire was repelled backwards by a white hot barrier forming around Tsuzuki from out of nowhere.
 
Opening his purple eyes, the elder shinigami looked at down into glassy emerald ones that regarded him carefully and a soft gasp escaped the slightly parted dusty pink lips. Tsuzuki, through the pain and hurt, was still able to manage a small smile of relief. “Hisoka…”
 
The boy blinked before his body began to glow and he moved up from Tsuzuki's arms, floating a little bit away from him. The pink ribbons that were around him glowed white as well and suddenly clung to his skin, noting every curve of his body. A golden light surrounded the empath and blinded Tsuzuki for a minute before it faded as soon as it had come.
 
When Tsuzuki looked again, Hisoka was floating in front of him, green eyes back to their shining state and his face covered over in disbelief. He blinked a few more times and then smiled softly at Tsuzuki, who smiled back at the teen and extended his hand to him, amethyst eyes twinkling. Hisoka nodded and placed his hand in his.
 
“What a lovely display of friendship, although it offends and sickens me,” Muraki said, ruining the precious moment. Hisoka glared at the doctor before clutching Tsuzuki's hand tighter, projecting his empathy outwards to his elder partner. Tsuzuki felt the surge of energy coming from his young lover and he nodded, showing he understood.
 
The green essence of the Heart Conscious began to shine as two golden sutras appeared in front of the two shinigami. They both simultaneously reached out and gripped the sutras in their index and middles fingers. Slowly, their minds began to meld together as they synchronized their hearts and souls into one being. Their bodies began to fuse together and the entire mind essence was filled with bright light, blinding Muraki and erasing the pentagram he had formed.
 
When the light faded, one being stood there, hand still gripping not one, but both sutras. The figure was as tall as Tsuzuki, and had his hairstyle, although the color was mostly ashen blonde with chestnut highlights. Eyes opened to reveal that green and purple had melded together beautifully and perfectly. All around the combined form of Hisoka and Tsuzuki, more of Hisoka's sides began to appear, from level one to the last level beforehand, Subconscious to Crone. Each side and mind level form of Hisoka began to whisper out the name of the combined form of him and his partner: Hisuki.
 
Hisuki raised up the two sutras, whispering with two different voices, one of Tsuzuki's, the other of Hisoka's. All mind level forms of Hisoka shone with purple light tinged in an outline of ruby and they turned into pure energy, shooting like lightning into the single sutra as Hisuki kept chanting under his breath.
 
Muraki glared at this sudden power, but both Tsuzuki and Hisoka could tell he was frightened of their sudden advantage over his power. Hisuki flicked the sutra at the doctor, which hit him dead straight on, freezing his limbs and making him incapable of movement.
 
“Be gone! Banished forever you shall be from this mind, and let your raging lust go with you!” Hisuki shouted to him. The dark coils from before glowed a blue color this time and wrapped around Muraki, covering him completely, silencing of his screams and curses before it vanished altogether, never to be seen within there again.
 
Hisuki lowered his arm and let out a sigh before he began to glow once more with light, Tsuzuki and Hisoka separating and un-synchronizing. The last thing to part them was the grip they held on each other's hands and even then, they did not wish to let go of the other.
 
“Come back with me, Hisoka,” Tsuzuki whispered, giving the corn silk hand in his a gentle squeeze. Emerald eyes looked up at him before he nodded. The mind levels of Hisoka appeared once more around them, all smiling at them and nodding their approval.
 
Tsuzuki helped Hisoka to his feet. “Let's go home, Hisoka.”
 
The response was a nod from the empath and his sides before the Heart Conscious began to beat at a fast rate, revealing the heart of the teen speeding up at his request.
 
Tsuzuki smiled. “You're home's in me, just as yours is in mine. Let's go to it, ne?”
 
Another nod and the mind, as well as Tsuzuki's world, went black.