Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Another Pirate Story ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Scene 2: On the deck of the Osiris, the next morning. Misawa and Momoe are presenting Juudai with a contract. Misawa is quite cheerful and blushing.
 
Misawa: Just initial here, and here, and here, and here, and finally, your signature right here.
 
Juudai: You seem in good spirits this morning. I would think you'd be in a foul mood from staying up so late.
 
Misawa: Not at all. A good night of dictation leaves me rejuvenated. [Momoe giggles]
 
Juudai: This contract smells like old cheese. Didst you eat all of the continental snacks in the honeymoon suite and leave none for me?
 
Misawa: [clears his throat] So, if you don't mind me asking, how was your night?
 
Momoe: Daichi, he painfully went wanting on his wedding night.
 
Juudai: No it's all right. My old bunk was quite the welcoming sight after all of the trouble with the new in-laws. It had a feel of the ordinary even without Misawa screaming “Tanya, Tanya…” in his sleep. It was waking up alone and realizing that last night was not a just another illusion brought on by Motegi's cooking that was the real downer.
 
Fubuki: [Behind Juudai's back, Asuka enters beautifully dressed, accompanied by Fubuki and Manjyome. When Asuka sees Juudai, she clutches her waist and starts to gasp for air.] What's the matter?
 
Asuka: I can't breathe!
 
Fubuki: Obviously, seeing your husband whom you must remain celibate from is too much for you.
 
Asuka: No, it's this blasted corset. Lady Tome pulled it too tight.
 
Manjyome: She is only following orders from your parents.
 
Asuka: And this heavy chastity belt is chaffing me.
 
Manjyome: I see someone is quite unhappy this morning.
 
Asuka: HOW CAN I BE HAPPY WHEN EVERYONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THESE CONFOUNDED RESTRICTIONS!?!
 
Juudai: [Juudai turns around and sees Asuka. He looks as though he might run to embrace her, but instead he crosses his arms and clears his throat.] Good morning honey. [turns away] You're looking quite lovely today.
 
Manjyome: You noticed. Strangely enough, she wished to wear men's apparel to ease your suffering, but her parents insisted she be decked out in her finest array.
 
Asuka: Forgive me.
 
Juudai: For what, being nice to look at? There's nothing to forgive, in fact, your pretty face is a comforting sight.
 
Manjyome: Then why do you not look upon her? Are you afraid you will pitch a tent in front of everyone here?
 
Juudai: A tent? We are not camping out here. [sighs all around]
 
Misawa: Pardon us, we have to—well—do below deck--stuff. [exits with Momoe as they leave she speaks]
 
Momoe: So, who is this Tanya?
 
Fubuki: Manjyome, the captain just called your name.
 
Manjyome: No, he didn't.
 
Fubuki: Yes, he did. [grabs Manjyome by the collar and shoves him inside the captain's door. He winks at Juudai]
 
Asuka: [pauses for a second] You've no need to say anything. I know that this is turning out to be a lousy marriage.
 
Juudai: No, not at all! A lousy honeymoon, maybe, but not a lousy marriage.
 
Asuka: But what of the hardships you will have to endure, and Manjyome's constant taunting and us not being able to—
 
Juudai: Manjyome will come around. He only taunts because he does not respect me. I aim to earn his respect by completing this mission. I must prove my worth if I am ever to kiss my queen again. Take comfort, sweetheart, if love were easy they'd call it--[thinks]--Not love.
 
Asuka: [laughs] You and your darling foolish remarks. [She notices that Juudai has taken her gloved hand. They try to sneak a kiss, but are stopped by Manjyome storming onto the deck who has Shou tugging at his pant-leg.]
 
Manjyome: [he speaks through Misawa's megaphone] Freeze! Step away from the princess! [Juudai jumps away with his hands up] You lecherous fiend you touched her! I shall have to—
 
Shou: No he didn't! See the queen's hand is gloved. Therefore he did not touch her at all. [smiles deviously at Manjyome] Don't you just love loopholes? [Manjyome growls. Fubuki goes over to him.]
 
Fubuki: [whispers to Manjyome] You must stop them from hand holding even when my sister's hand is gloved. It would only mean more torment for Juudai if that is the only thing that he can touch!
 
Manjyome: On second thought, I suppose the no touching thing only applies to skin, so fine, hold her gloved hand, but if I catch you touching the soft, porcelain skin that lies under her gloves, consider yourself doomed.
 
Asuka: [to Juudai] If it helps any, you may chain me to the mast again.
 
Juudai: No, I don—[CRASH! Everyone falls forward from the shockwave.]
 
Hayato: Land ho!
 
Juudai: Perhaps we should all be chained to the mast with the way Hayato so vigilantly mans the crows' nest.
 
[TO BE CONTINUED]