Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Light Chapter 11 The Hatred Fueled by Power ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11 The Hatred Fueled by Power
 
Blair was running as fast as she could; it did not matter where anymore because she had to get away. Her heart was broken cruelly in half, and it was by someone she though would never do it to her. Brett had been the one to do it, and the pain was unbearable to her. She just wanted to run away from everything giving herself more strength to run. She was trying her best not to think about anything, but her mind kept flashing back.
 
“Get the hell away from me runt. I do not love you; to think anyone could is disgusting. You are weak, and pathetic; if you ever come near me again I will kill you! No matter how I do it; I will kill you, you worthless ugly runt…” Brett's words kept repeating in her mind. Her face was dirty from Brett kicking dirt in her face, and she was still crying with her eyes closed. It was hard to accept that Brett was gone but after that whole scene, even Blair had her doubts about Brett still being somewhere in there.
 
Her face still was still sore from when Brett had hit her; that had frightened her the most. Brett would never hit her at least not the person she knew, but this time she could not help him. She was afraid of him; she was unsure about everything that she knew all over again, and there was no way she could approach him after all of that hardship. Now she found herself at the Red Dorm; she shook her head and then ran to her old room just wanting something to remind her of better times.
 
Brett had arrived at the school and was at the dueling arena; a group of students had gathered with the Chancellor and Mrs. Fontaine. “Brett what is this about; this is so unlike you.” He came closer, and everyone noticed the changes in his appearance when he stepped into the brighter lit portions. “I challenge all of you right here and now! I want to test and see if these monsters are as powerful as they are claimed to be.”
 
“Brett what is wrong with you?” Mrs. Fontaine asked and the new person quickly responded. “Shut up and duel! I'm going to start here and I will not stop till I control everything. I have finally awakened and the person you know is gone forever.” Fifteen students set their Duel disk along with Mrs. Fontaine ready to fight against this imposter. The new beast in Brett's body smiled and laughed; “I will go first! Right now I start with card destruction!” Everyone tossed their cards to the graveyard and drew again. Chancellor walked over and began to speak; “what is going on?”
 
“Shut up; we are playing by my rules now, and I'm not interested in playing fair!” The Chancellor was shaken by these words; “Now I sacrifice two monsters to bring forth my Chaos Emperor Dragon; and since you are all my opponents. You all receive damage from his effect; so do it and bring me an easy victory! I am so much better then everything else, and I shall claim all that I disserve.”
 
The dragon used all of the cards in all of the duelists' graveyards and in their hands; the massive attack knocked everyone that was participating back. The impact they all received was even worse with the dark powers powering them. “That is how you win; sixteen in one shot. But I want a real challenge; bring me a CHALENGE! Satisfy my desire to know my power is truly perfect!” Brett turned when he heard a familiar voice; “you want a challenge? Then why not take us on, because I know I'm not going to let whatever you are take my friend away…”
 
Brett's eyes focused in on the entrance, and there was Axel; soon Alexis, Chazz, Hasleberry, and Jasmine all entered behind him. They all had a determine look, and Alexis was the first to speak up. “Brett we are going to get you back, and if we have to do it like that then so be it.” All of them set their duel disks, and Brett only laughed in response. “Ok, but let's do it one at a time, or this will be over in an instant. That would be no fun for me; I have great things for all of you to fight!”
 
Jaden knocked before he entered just trying to stay polite; Blair was sitting on the bed. She was still sobbing on the bed sitting there and sniffling; all of her crying had made it hard to let anymore tears fall from her eyes. Her throat was nearly bone dry, and she was struggling to continue crying. She looked up to see Jaden, but she only turned her head away when she saw Jaden's face.
 
Song
 
Jaden walked over and sat beside her; his arm went over her shoulder, but it was little comfort. “Why Jaden…? Why did Brett say those things; does he really not love me any more?” her were words were heart breaking to Jaden. “Blair who ever that was there; it was not Brett. That was someone else; you cannot let him win. We need to fight our hardest to get him back, when the darkness took over me it was my friends that brought me back.”
 
Blair's head shook in response; “I can't Jaden, I just can't. My heart cannot take anymore; when ever he talks; it is like Brett is saying those things to me. I'm sorry Jaden; I can't do it; I'm not that strong. I cannot save him; I have failed Brett again.” Jaden's fist was clenched at the thought of what she had done. “Jenova…”
 
Flames came down and sent Axel flying backwards off the stage; his life points were reduced to zero after a few quick and short turns. Brett looked down on his former fallen friend with his blood red eyes; “who is next?”
 
Jaden began wiping Blair's tears from her face with the blanket; slowly he began to clean her face from the dirt. “Brett; my heart is broken; I just want him back more then anything. I just can't face that again…”
 
Jasmine was blasted back by the attack of Wicked Deadroot; she collapsed and lost consciousness from a single attack. The monster faded and Brett signaled to his next opponent to approach. “I believe I asked for a challenge…”
 
Jaden continued to comfort Blair; she could no longer cry from lack of liquids in her system. “I know he still loves me; I know that he is still in there, but I don't think I can reach him. Maybe Jenova should have him then… no I can't let him go.”
 
“I know Brett does Blair, but that is not him in control, and we will get him back I promise.”
 
Raviel's fist hit Chazz and sent him back to the fall; he struggled up, but the attack had left him drained. Brett turned around to his next opponent and pointed at him. Jaden got Blair something to drink, but she was refusing; her heart was in too much pain for anyone to help her in other ways.
 
Hasleberry was unconscious after Hamon's attack, and next Alexis soon stood wide open for attack. Before her was Obelisk the Tormentor; the creature absorbed to monsters that were beside Obelisk, and its power rose to infinite proportions. “You all are pathetic; what ever is left of his soul will soon be gone, and it is because of your failure here! This is sad to think you're the best this place has to offer. Tell that girl that you failed her too; that way her heart will break even more!”
 
“Brett it is not to late; please stop this now! I know the real you are in there; please come back to us. You have to fight this; there are more people that love you here!”
 
Alexis finished and had started to cry; her eyes shut tight, and she prayed for this to end. “No… This is the real me know and you cannot reach what is dead… OBELISK! CRUSH HER TO HER VERY SOUL!”
 
The giant fist slammed in to her; sending her back in a straight flight path into the wall. She hit and screamed from the massive pain, and then she passed out and fell to the floor.
“Jaden; I want him back, so badly. I think I made too many mistakes with Brett when I said I loved him to earl, but now I… I know there is no one else I want with me and yet I cannot even face him.”
 
Jaden got up from the bed and looked back at her; she was not moving, and barely breathing. He could not stand to see his friend in this much pain; he could only imagine how hard this was on the real Brett as well. “This has to end; every time Jenova has come here things have only hurt you. I'm sorry Blair, but do not give up on Brett; I will get him back. You just stay here, and I promise I will bring him back.”
 
No response came from the young maiden; she did not move, and Jaden turned and left. “… I'm sorry Brett, I really do love you.”
 
Jaden arrived at the gym; he entered to se tens of students lying unconscious. Jaden walked towards the duel field; where Brett was standing with his back turned towards him. A hand reached out and grabbed Jaden's ankle; Alexis's head struggled upwards to gaze at Jaden's foot. “Jaden; be careful; he has the god cards. Tell… Blair that… I'm sorry… I failed…” Alexis fell back unconscious before Jaden could even respond. He continued onto the duel field, and Brett finally noticed and turned to meet his next opponent.
 
“Jaden! I have been waiting! This time maybe I will find a real challenge; that is if you think you can provide a real challenge for me. All of these mighty duelists lasted only a few turns; hopefully you can last a little longer.” Jaden scowled at him and loaded his deck into his duel disk. “I will duel you, but if I win; you must let Brett have his body back. You will leave all of us alone!”
 
“If you win? If I win; all of you are no never trouble me again. If I win; Brett's soul will be destroyed forever. Understood?” Jaden was nervous; the stakes were very high for him to be risking Brett's soul on a game. Jaden remembered how much his friends were suffering, and he would not let this continue. “I agree; let's duel!”
 
“Hold on there Jaden… do you not want to know why I have beaten all of these weaklings so easy. This game is based on strategy and luck, but I do not play by those rules. I'm using a deck of blank cards, and my power is changing them to what ever I desire. Brett's mind is knowledgeable about everything in this game; so it is like I'm cheating to a degree. I guess what I'm trying to say is; are you really that confident?”
 
“You have been cheating! You…” Jaden tried to finish, but was interrupted by Brett. “What? The fact is that I'm using what I have, and that should not be a crime to be what you are. Jaden I tell you this to shake your confidence; your heroes cannot last versus this evil. Tell me is that pathetic little girl still crying over me? My former self must have been a real goodie goodie to never use his powers to become what he should.”
 
“Shut up! She is crying over the real Brett; not anything you could have done and don't you dare insult Brett either! I will put an end to this now.” Jaden shouted; he could hardly hold back from attacking this guy physically. “Is that so? Then why is she not here fighting to get him back? The sad truth is that she is; injuring a heart was easy; I can see all of his memories, and I cannot begin to tell you how worthless they are. But this is it Jaden; let us duel… when you lose I get to destroy a soul…”
 
Both duelists shouted for the game to begin; both of their life points rose to four thousand. “The hero should go first Jaden; I must admit I have a surprise for you today!” Jaden drew his sixth card, and quickly looked them over. “I will set one card facedown to set up a defense; and next two cards into my trap zone. That is my turn…”
 
A laugh was all Brett said in response; “ready to watch my power work?” Brett drew his card at incredible speed; “what a surprise! First try my Harpies's Feather Duster…” The card's magic activated; sending both of Jaden's traps to the grave. “You cannot win Jaden… I wonder what all your friends would know that you and Yubel are now together… considering what that thing did I think they would hate you!”
 
Brett activated Card Destruction; sending all of the duelists cards to the grave, while forcing them to draw the same number of cards that they discarded. Brett did not wait and activated three Pot of Greed cards; his number of cards rose to seven, and the realization sunk in with Jaden that their truly were no rules this time. This duel had no real rules, but this guy also was using Brett's ability to see Yubel's spirit beside Jaden.
 
Then Jaden realized that if Brett could see Yubel then it may change everything. No doubt Brett still had harsh feelings against Yubel, ones that may completely change things. Yubel was standing beside Jaden looking at him with a stern happy look and had it's own advice. “Jaden do not worry; you have my protection and no matter what power this creature has we can win.”
 
Next three Graceful Charity cards were played; next Brett continued with two more card destructions. Brett's deck had nearly been half destroyed of his own accord, but Brett was still smiling. His silence was followed with three Pot of Avarice cards; they reloaded his deck while giving Brett another six cards. Brett's hand was at ten cards now; he threw down three face down cards.
 
“Enough with these delays Jaden; let us play for real now. I activate Card Of Safe Return; and next I will use my Monster Reborn as well as my Infinite Cards Card. So let me sum this up; I get to draw another card, and then I get to bring a monster back from the grave.” Jaden readied him self; Brett was going to truly enjoy this. “Jaden; the only Red Student left; meet Slifar… THE SKY DRAGON!”
 
The red serpent like dragon emerged onto the field; “Jaden what is wrong? I thought you would be thrilled to see Slifar, or now do you realize that your friend's soul is doomed?” Jaden got ready for the coming attack, and Brett was happy to oblige. With a wave of his hand the dragon sent forth a large fiery blast at Jaden's creature.
 
The card revealed Neo-Spacian Glow Moss; it's effect activated, and Brett was forced to draw a card. Jaden knew that Brett could choose his card to be magic; then his attack would head straight for Jaden. Brett flipped his newly drawn card around to reveal the Mirror Force trap card. The attack hit the glowing creature, and it was instantly destroyed. “Why did you choose to make it a trap card? You could have one; unless the old Brett is holding you back?”
 
“Do not insult me like that; I'm toying with you. I want everyone to watch the great Jaden Yuki fall even with his most powerful creature. So start your turn…” Jaden hesitantly drew his next card; when he did; Slifar disappeared back to the grave. “Sorry did I forget to tell you that Slifar must return to the grave if I bring it back with a trap, or a magic card?”
 
This was an opportunity, but Jaden had no cards to help him. He could attack with a weak card, but then his cards flashed and changed. In his hand were the perfect cards that he needed to win the game. Brett's eyes were flashing and he looked in terrible pain. “Jaden please hurry; beat him and end this. Hurry before I run out of strength no mater what happens you cannot let this thing get any worse. If you don't win then kill me, because this thing will kill you all.”
 
Jaden played his O-oversoul card; Neos appeared on the field, ready to fight. Jaden then played his Neo Space field card; then he summoned his Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab. The two creatures fused together while Brett continued to struggle with his other side. Jaden commanded his Elemental Flare Neos to attack, and end this; the creature had 4200 attack points, and it was more then enough to win thanks to all the traps that Brett had left behind.
 
A loud laughing came from Brett; he changed back to his corrupted form, and looked at Jaden. “You fell for it… activate Call of The Haunted!” Slifar returned to the field, and Brett drew another card; Slifar's attack points were now nine thousand. Jaden called off his attack, and he did not know what had happened. He was finished at this point; he dropped to his knees and ended his turn, and Slifar disappeared again.
 
“This game is over Jaden; did you really believe his soul could break my stranglehold on his body. It is over Jaden; you are no hero, and you have failed that girl… Brett's soul will now be banished forever to a never ending abyss. You failed all of your friends today; I would kill you, but it would be a waist of my time…”
 
Jaden could not say anything; he had failed both Blair and Brett the most. Brett's soul was on the line, but he could not win against this. Brett drew his next card, and he started to move towards finishing the duel. Raigeki cleansed the field of his creature; another Monster Reborn card brought Slifar back again, and another card was added to Brett's hand.
 
“Slifar finish the pathetic whelp; to think I thought you would beat me…” Slifar's fire finished Jaden off; a force field extended from Jaden protecting him. His eyes each glowed a separate color and he was spared from the attack. Jaden had no response, or anything to say. “Goodbye all of you; I must bid you all a fond farewell. I will leave; this place holds no challenge great enough for me.”
 
Brett left the gym; he could feel the other side fading from existence, and it was so liberating. Then he started to feel incredibly week; “how can this be. I need to go somewhere to recover.” Brett ran away from the gym; he needed a quiet place to hide till he discovered what was wrong.
 
A day passed; a watch had been put on throughout all of Duelist Academy. Anyone who even caught a glimpse of Brett was to report to all of his friends immediately. Jaden had became very depressed over his failure; everyone else had recovered from their duel with Brett. Everyone was in Blair's old room; they all waited for any news, but to hear nothing was terrifying.
 
Every now and then; small sounds could be heard from Blair. All she talked about was wanting Brett back. She had not slept in over a day; her mind was filled with so many questions that she could not answer. Alexis had to force food and liquid onto her; she was devastated, but no one was in a good mood. The feeling of Brett being truly gone was starting to sink in…
 
It was nearly eight a clock at night; it had been over twenty four hours since Brett had been seen. Alexis's PDA started beeping like mad; everyone including Blair and Jaden turned their attention. Alexis grabbed it, and opened the mail with all haste. “Brett has been spotted… He is heading for the dock… no. He is going to leave…”
 
“We cannot let that happen; he is to dangerous to let go…” Jaden stood up and ran out the door; everyone else stood there for a second. They all nodded to each other and ran out the door. Blair was still sitting in the same position; she was still in shock, but then her eyes closed and she grabbed Brett's old deck. “I will save you my self Brett, or I will…”
 
She shook her head and ran out the door; she was no longer with a sad expression across her face. She was determined, and she had enough of this. She was going to get him back by her side no matter what it had to come down to.