Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Within: The Wandering Spirit ❯ The Awkward Answer ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh Gx or its characters. But i do own the characters Lisa and Tanjiro and for that matter any other OC in this fic. I also own this plot (and if there happens to be a season 4 and this is the plot, i still thought of it 1st. Yipee!)
Please R &R. And try to be nice in reviews (i'm really sensitive. :P jk). Anyway enjoy.
PART 1 - THE WANDERING SPIRIT
Chapter 1 - The Awkward Answer
xXx In a dark room xXx
A small, round, black table stood in the middle of the dark room. Sitting in the table's two, round chairs, two cloaked figures discussed their next plan. A single candle illuminated the parts of their faces that weren't hidden by their hoods. The rest of the room was clouded in darkness.
The man on the right cleared his throat. “There is a certain student at Duel Academy that I want you to find,” the man whispered sternly. He was obviously in charge.
“The one who was the only true person to defeat you in a duel? Is he the one you want, Master?” the other asked. He leaned forward in anticipation.
The leader chuckled quietly. He rested his hands on the table. “No. I want another student. You see, I do wish to eventually defeat the one you speak of, but to do that I must prepare. This other student I speak of will help me achieve my goal.” For a split second a flash of his green eyes could be seen. Then it was overcome by the shadow of his hood. “I do not know her name, but I believe once you find her, you will know. And another thing.” His servant became even more anxious. “The girl herself does not know what I'm about to tell you,” he continued, “but she holds a gift. I've noticed when people are around her, they become themselves. ”
“But what does the she have to with your real enemy?” the man's servant asked.
“Quite a lot,” the master clarified. “Once you use your own true form on her, she will aid us, and you must get her to duel my enemy. That will force him to reveal his true strategy. Then I will learn how to defeat it.”
“There's a catch, isn't there?” the man on the left asked, sensing an emotion from his Master.
The other one nodded. His now revealed emerald eyes glinted. “Before you turn the girl to our side, you must make sure my enemy and she become close… at least as close as friends.” The man frowned. “That part is vital,” he remarked sternly. “The closer those two become, the more strategy I will get to see. If they aren't close at all, my enemy will never open up to her.”
“I understand, my Master.” The servant rose from his chair and his hood fell. What was inside had no shape just a dark form of mist. Then it materialized into dark blonde hair, a perfectly formed face, and dull, blue eyes.
“Good,” the other smiled, apparently unsurprised at the change of shape. “Now please do not fail me.”
“You can count on me.” The servant rose and stepped quietly out the door.
xXx In class xXx
“Can anyone tell me what an equip spell card is and explain the difference of it to a continuous spell card?” Professor Chronos asked. He stood in front of his deck looking out at the class who sat on the bleachers.
Judai yawned loudly in response.
“Judai, since you sound so eager, I'd be glad to let you answer the question.” Professor Chronos smiled gruesomely.
Judai rested his head in a hand. “Um…” Judai said out loud. “Give me a second…” Judai actually looked like he was thinking of an answer for once as the boy put his head in his hand with a frown-like expression on his face. The silence stretched for a few seconds and then all of the sudden Judai sat up straight as if he had an answer. Professor Chronos and the rest of the students leaned forward in anticipation. Judai knew the answer? That was a first.
“Uh…what was the question?” Judai asked, much to the disappointment of the entire class that hoped for something exciting to happen.
“Detention,” Professor Chronos told Judai as usual. Shou and Kenzan sighed. “And judging by your reactions,” continued the teacher, staring at Judai's two friends, “you two would be welcome to go to detention as well.” They both tried to object, but Chronos cut them off. “Now can someone please tell me the correct answer? Ah, you there,” he piped up as he pointed excitedly toward the girl who raised her hand (little people did at that point). “With the red hair…Miss…”
“Trinity, sir. Lisa Trinity,” she said.
“All right, then, Miss Trinity, care to stand up and answer the question?”
“Yes, sir,” responded the girl, rising to her feet. “Equip Spells are spell cards that remain on the field until your opponent destroys them. The difference between an equip spell and a continuous spell is that an equip spell is equipped with a certain monster whereas continuous spells can apply to several monsters or any other aspects of the game. And another thing about equip spells is that when the monster they're equipped to is destroyed, the equip spell cards are also destroyed.”
“Very good,” Chronos complimented. He turned to the rest of the class. “Now then, your homework tonight is to give three examples of an equip spell and three for a continuous spell. Also you must fill out the answer to the question I asked in class on an entire paper, single-spaced.” The reaction from the class was a sigh of boredom and whining. “No arguing, or I'll change it to both sides of the paper,” Chronos said sharply. “It's due tomorrow. You're excused.”
The students replied by gathering their things to head to the cafeteria for lunch. Judai, Shou and Kenzan followed suite after Kenzan and Shou woke up Judai from his nap.
Suddenly the girl called Lisa walked over to them. She was average looking, and her red hair was tied back in a bun. Her eyes were a soft green. “Nice answer for Chronos, Judai,” she said sarcastically with a slight smile. “Even though it was more of a question.”
Judai smiled a little bit confused. “Thanks, I think. But who exactly are you?”
She shrugged in a bored manner. “Lisa... you heard my name in class, didn't you?”
"Uh... maybe. I think I was asleep. But Lisa is an American name."
She nodded. "I know," she answered. "I'm from America. I heard a lot about this school and decided it was one of the best. Anyway... see you." She waved her hand carelessly as she walked away.
"She's kinda nice," Judai commented.
Shou shook his head. “Just ignore those types of girls, Judai. They just act nice, so you think they are.”
“Judai knows what he's doing,” Kenzan argued. “After all, I know how he feels more than you do. I'm his best friend.”
“No you're not. If I remember right,” Shou objected, ”I was the one who beat you before.”
“Yeah? Well, you don't remember right. I could've activated my trap card and most likely won.”
“But you didn't activate it, did you?” Shou demanded. “Were you too scared?”
“Chill out, guys,” Judai half-laughed. But both Kenzan and Shou both shot angry glares at each other than let out a `Hmph' and turned in opposite directions. Ignoring his two friends. Judai grabbed his lunch from his backpack. “We're going to miss lunch, so let's hurry.”