Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ Night of the Undead Fangirls ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing. If I did, I’d make sure that the dub didn’t do such a crappy job all the time!



Ryo was quite satisfied with how his day had gone. He had gotten just FOUR calls from his agent all day! That was nothing considering the agent normally called at least twenty times per day!

Also, it had been raining and windy out all day, so the paparazzi had stayed inside. Ryo, for one glorious day, had been able to purchase his newspapers in peace!

Finally, he had just won his third straight duel. He kept on getting endorsement deals for everything from instant rice to some kind of nauseatingly cute doll. Of course, he turned all of these down.

But today had been 100% endorsement-free!

Later, Ryo would scold himself for not realizing it was too good to last!



It was getting dark out when Ryo emerged from the movie theater. He had seen the latest American movie. It was a challenge he had made up for himself: try to understand the English without looking at the subtitles. He still missed some stuff, but he was getting better.

He had barely made it onto the sidewalk before he was accosted by a crowd of people. At first, Ryo wondered what they were all doing here. It was still nasty out. But then he realized that this particular breed of people were not much affected by any kind of storm. Yes, these were FANGIRLS!

“Look, here he is! Let’s get his autograph!” The person who spoke seemed to be the leader of the fangirls. She had a voice that was high-pitched even by Japanese standards!

The rest of the girls immediately started finding things that could be autographed.

“Can you sign this paper?”

“Can you sign this doll?”

Ryo noted with some amusement that it was the same kind of nauseatingly cute doll whose makers had offered him a commercial opportunity.

“Can you sign my shirt?”

“Can you sign my shoes?”

“Can you sign my...?”

“All right, that is IT!” Ryo shouted when he saw exactly WHAT that last fangirl wanted him to sign. “I, Kaiser, do not DO autographs! Good night to all of you!”

Somehow, he found the strength to wade through the throng of squealing girls.

When Ryo got back to his apartment, he hung up his coat, ignored the approximately fifty messages on his answering machine, and immediately fell asleep on the couch.



The next morning, Ryo woke up to a beautiful day. It was the complete opposite of the day before.

When he got outside, he noticed that both the fangirls AND the paparazzi were swarming around the apartment building.

“I still want you to sign my shoes!” yelled a random voice in the crowd.

‘This is going to be a LONG day’ Ryo sighed to himself.



AN: No, I’m not going to say what that one fangirl wanted Ryo to sign. To tell you the truth, I really didn’t decide myself! So I’ll leave it up to each reader’s imagination. If you want to think it was a pineapple the fangirl wanted him to sign, that’s fine by me. If you wanted to think something...else, that’s fine also!