Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ The Blind Date ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: This chapter is mainly to emphasize just how creepy the new agent is. Just in case I didn’t make it clear enough already.

Disclaimer: Still own nothing...

Ryo had thought his old agent had been obsessed with his job. Perhaps he had. However, he was nothing compared to the new agent!

The new agent watched Ryo’s every move. He sat next to him at the table, got an apartment next to him, planned all of Ryo’s activities, and even went to the bathroom with him!

Well, that last one was a bit of an exaggeration. He actually just waited by the bathroom door. But still!

And the most important thing of all: the agent had a really stupid name. What kind of a name was “Monkey”? SOMEONE obviously read too much manga.

The old agent had mysteriously disappeared. Ryo, although he knew thinking such things was wrong, wouldn’t have been surprised if “Monkey” had had a hand in this disappearance.



“I can cut my own meat, you know.”

“Of course I do!” Said “Monkey” indignantly.

He then proceeded to cut up the meat in Ryo’s curry dish. Ryo sweatdropped and said nothing more.

This incident was occurring at the Cartoon-Bowl-of-Noodles-Restaurant. Apparently, “Monkey” had some urgent business to discuss. Just like last night. And the night before that. And the one before THAT.

Ryo finally said, “So why are we here?”

“Monkey” replied, “We need to see about finding you a girlfriend.”

Ryo said, “Not interested. Next topic, please.”

But “Monkey” pressed on.

“Well, what about a boyfriend then?”

The sweatdrop returned as Ryo practically shouted, “I didn’t mean THAT kind of ‘not interested’! I just don’t feel like I need someone else in my life!”
“It doesn’t have to be anything serious. Just an opportunity for the press to see you with somebody. You don’t have to worry about anything. I’ll arrange everything.”

“I’m not going on a blind date, and that is absolutely final!”




‘I can’t believe he talked me into going on a blind date...’

It was the next day, and once again Ryo was at the Cartoon-Bowl-of-Noodles Restaurant. He would have to find a new restaurant soon, because he’d been to this one for ten days straight!

Just then, he saw Monkey’s car. There was no other car like it. It was black, and it had silver devil horns, and it was sent straight from the fiery burning pits of HELL!

Again, that was an exaggeration. The car actually just had silver decorations that looked a bit like horns.

Then he saw “Monkey” get out of the car with...a FANGIRL!

The fiery burning pits of hell actually didn’t sound all that bad right about now.

This particular fangirl looked particularly unusual because she had dyed her hair bright red.

The fangirl saw Ryo looking at her hair and said, “Like it? It’s natural!”

Riiiigggghhhht. And Ryo was a watermelon which had glittery silver wings.



Forget electricity bills. This girl’s hair could light up the whole restaurant for free.

The brightness of it was starting to hurt Ryo’s eyes.

Actually, come to think of it, the hair wasn’t so bad after all. Not when “Monkey” was hovering a centimeter from the table, breathing down Ryo’s neck.

“Does he always do that?” asked the fangirl, referring to “Monkey”.

“Yes.”

“Oh. Okay.”

And thus, that stimulating conversation ended.

After a while, the fangirl tried a new subject.

“Do you collect stuffed animals?”

“Why would I do that? My brother’s always been the one who collects them.”

The fangirl apparently thought this was the wittiest remark ever made, because she burst out laughing REALLY loudly.

Everyone in the restaurant was staring. “Monkey”, however, was unperturbed. He didn’t budge one bit from his prime neck-breathing spot.

This had to be a nightmare. No real-life incident could be so horrible. Ryo pinched himself.

It wasn’t a nightmare.



Ryo could see the line of paparazzi just waiting to take their pictures. Some people were so excited, they had actually stepped over the boundary that the restaurant had set.

As soon as the two-and-a-half (because there was no way “Monkey” was an actual person) people stepped out, the cameras started going off at the approximate rate of 500 flashes per second.

The fangirl loved every minute of it. She posed so much that Ryo was forced to grab her by the arm and drag her away.

Which was a big mistake. Now the magazines would write about how Ryo physically abused his companions. The tabloids would probably find a way to fit a gruesome murder into the story.

For some reason, “Monkey” looked like he was about to wet his pants in joy. Ryo could not see what was so great about the fact that he now had a reputation as a domestic abuser.

Then again, Monkey’s mind worked in very strange ways.

Fortunately, they had arrived at the “demon car”.

When they were driving off, “Monkey” tried to talk Ryo into taking the fangirl to a movie. Ryo was able to deny this plan, but just barely.

Seriously, this guy scared him.

And why had the fangirl not said a single word during this car ride?

Ryo looked over. The fangirl was staring at him in an almost zombie-like trance.

He should have known.

It was only after the fangirl had been dropped off at some random street that Ryo realized he had never even gotten the girl’s name.

However, he would bet quite a lot of money that her name was Sakura.. It would just figure.

The demon car finally stopped at Ryo’s apartment building. He walked to his apartment, “Monkey” so close behind him that he practically tripped on Ryo’s shoes.