Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ Sakura Returns ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Gi Oh.

Day Three-1:00 AM

Everyone was fast asleep, only to be jarred awake by Tetsusaiga’s most ferocious barking.

Apparently, one of the reporters had gone to the kitchen to get a drink of water, and had stepped on Tetsusaiga’s tail by accident.

The ever-vigilant watchdog had been snoring away in the middle of the floor, so it wasn’t entirely the reporter’s fault.

It wasn’t Ryo’s fault either, so he saw no need to apologize. He stayed in his room.

Day Three-7:00 AM

Breakfast time.

For once, the film-makers were not bothering Ryo. They were too busy planning the day’s events.

Apparently, they were pulling out all the stops. They would force Ryo to take Sakura to lunch, THEN to a movie, THEN back to his apartment, where they would be interviewed.

They would be interviewed both together and seperately.

Ryo hoped that they wouldn’t make him hold Sakura’s hand. Or worse.

Day Three-9:00 AM

Subway ride back to Tokyo. Not much happened here.

However, it was quite amusing when one of the cameras was accidentally poked by a prodding stick.

Most unfortunately, it wasn’t damaged seriously.

Day Three-10:00 AM

Ryo had exactly two hours of time to himself before the date started. He spent most of that time planning which disguise to wear to avoid the fangirls.

Day Three- Noon

Surprise! They were NOT eating at the noodle restaurant for lunch.
Instead, they stopped at a street vendor and bought takoyaki.

Then they stopped at a park bench to eat.

The reason for this became clear soon. Apparently, footage of Ryo swatting away hungry birds was an integral part of the documentary.

Sakura was too stupid to be embarrassed. She threw pieces of her food to the birds. Of course, that only encouraged said birds to bother them MORE!

Day Three-2:00 PM.

It was kind of hard for Ryo to enjoy the movie when the camera crew was at work in the row right behind him.

Ryo impatiently swatted a camera away.

Just a few minutes later, the camera stealthily inched back to its former place. The part that held the lens gently nudged Ryo’s face as if to say, “Ha ha, you sucker, I’m back!”

Ryo batted at it again.

It just moved back again.

This process repeated itself throughout the movie.

And when Ryo was not occupied with the camera, he was putting up with Sakura.

Firstly, Sakura could never get what was going on. Every time a character in the movie did so much as breathe, Sakura turned to Ryo and asked, “What are they doing now?”

If Ryo didn’t answer, Sakura kept poking him in the arm. If he did, she would ask more detailed questions.

Case in point: About halfway through the movie, a character was getting in a car. Sakura asked, “What’s that guy doing?”

Ryo replied without looking at her, “Are you blind? He’s getting in a car!”

“Yes, but WHY is he getting in the car?”

“If you hadn’t been talking to me five minutes ago, you would have known.”

“Can you just tell me?”
“WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP AND WATCH THE GODDAMNED MOVIE ALREADY?”
At this, the ushers looked like they wanted nothing more than to kick Ryo, Sakura, AND the camera people out of the theater. They had most likely been bribed not to.

However, Ryo did feel sorry for the other people who were just trying to watch the movie. He vowed to refund everybody’s tickets as soon as he could.

Day Three-5:00 PM

It was time for the interview.

Sakura went first. Ryo turned on the TV in his room in a vain attempt to drown out the high-pitched giggling coming from the living room.

After all this, Ryo couldn’t believe that, after all his coldness towards Sakura, she still LIKED him! In fact, Ryo would be much happier if she didn’t like him at all.

Day Three-5:30 PM

Ryo’s turn.

He just sat there and glared at everybody until they finally gave up and decided to cut to the final part of the interviewing.

Day Three-5:45 PM

Ryo just wanted to get this over with so he could eat his dinner.

Just one more partial day after this, and he would finally be left in (relative) peace for good!

Surprisingly, the reporters didn’t start with their questions. They seemed to be waiting for something.

Finally, Ryo demanded for them to tell him what the delay was.

One reporter said, “Didn’t we tell you? We’re waiting for you two to kiss!”

Ryo just stared at everybody in shock.

The reporter took that opportunity to add, “And remember, it has to be a good one!”

WHAT IN THE NAME OF...?

Day Three-5:50 PM

Ryo slammed the door to his apartment on the film crew and Sakura. They could take Sakura home-they knew the way to her house.

Ryo then washed his face four times, brushed his teeth for six minutes. Only then did he consider himself “purified”.

He went to bed early, because he had completely lost his appetite for supper.