Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Ketchum's Eleven ❯ 02: Recruiting Nuts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ketchum's Eleven
 
02: Recruiting Nuts
 
A PikaFlash's Studio Fanfiction
 
Disclaimer: All characters, songs and scenes belong to their respective owners...
 
An A/U Crossover Type fanfic...
 
*
 
“You have got to be out of your freaking minds!”
 
Taichi Kamiya, the former owner of the `Digi-Palace' was in his own living room, where Ash and Sakura were playing a game on Tai's PS2.
 
“Are you two listening to me? You are both nuts! I know more about Gaming Corners security than any other man alive. I invented it and it cannot be beaten. They got cameras, watchers, locks, timers and vaults. They're extremely armed enough to take over the Digi-World...ok, bad example.”
 
“It's never been tried,” Ash said.
 
“It's been tried. A few guys came even close. Remember the most successful robberies in Gaming history?”
 
[Flashback 1]
 
A man in a Team Rocket uniform walks to a worker and snatches a money box from an employee. At that instant, five Squirtles jumped out of nowhere, and everything freezes with the Team Rocket member having a horrified expression on his face.
 
Tai (V/O): In third place with the Bronze, a Team Rocket member grabs a money box at Goldenrod. He got two steps closer to the door before any living or undead soul before him.
 
The flashback resumes and the poor Team Rocket member got Skull Bashed in five different directions.
 
[Flashback 2]
 
A Meowth was running towards the Gaming Corner exit carrying a coin case full of coins. As the doors was about to open for him, a baton appeared out of nowhere and scene freezes...
 
Tai (V/O): The second most successful robbery, a Meowth tried to steal from the Digimon-Center Gaming Corner. This guy actually had his brains backed up before they got him...
 
The scene resumes with the Meowth getting hit on the head by the baton and the coin on his head knocked into his skull.
 
Tai (V/O): As a result, they had to reupload his brains into his head for the next three weeks. Damn Pokémon.
 
[Flashback 3]
 
Tai (V/O): The closest any man or monster that has gotten to rob a Game Corner is...
 
The tourists and staff were running away as a Digimon runs through a glass door and only walked for about five steps when the shutters was about to close. Freeze scene.
 
Tai (V/O): The Gold Saucer. He came, he grabbed, and he got conquered.
 
The scene resumes as the shutters closed right on the Digimon.
 
[Taichi's mansion]
 
“So you see. You two may be professionals. I'm sure you'll be able to make it out of the joint. But lest we forget, once you're out of the door, we're still in the middle of the freaking hellhole!” Tai yelled.
 
Ash and Sakura finished their game.
 
“You're right, Tai.” Sakura said, then to Ash, “He's right.”
 
Ash nods. “Tai, you're totally right. I think our hearts are bigger than our brains.”
 
“Exactly. Just pure ego,” Sakura adds.
 
“Yeah, blah, blah, blah.”
 
Ash and Sakura got up and bowed to Tai. “You have shown us the right path and we thank you for that.”
 
“Look, we go all the way back. I owe you from that thing with the guy in the place and
I'll never forget it.”
 
“It was our pleasure,” Ash said.
 
“I've never been to the Digi-World,” Sakura said.
 
“Give my sister your addresses. I got some old video games I could give you.”
 
Ash and Sakura were walking towards the exit.
 
“By the way, out of curiosity,” Tai said. “Which Game Corners did you blockheads pick to rob?”
 
Ash smiled and turns towards Tai. “Easy, `Kaiba Land', `Duelist Kingdom' and the `Black Clown'.”
 
Tai realized the connection. “Those are Seto Kaiba's Game Corners!”
 
Sakura nods. “Yep, he's right.”
 
Tai takes a sip of his drink. “What do you have against Kaiba?”
 
Ash walks to Tai. “The real question is what do you have against him?” Ash asked.
 
“He torpedoed my gaming corner, kicked me out, and he's going to blow it up for a car park! I don't think I don't see what you're doing!
 
“What are we doing, Tai?” Sakura asked.
 
“If you're going to rob Seto Kaiba, you'd better know what you're doing. This used to be easy. Hit a guy and he will whack you. Easy as that, but with Kaiba...” Tai shudders. “And the end of this, he'd better not know you're involved, know your names or think you're dead. Because he'll kill you and than make your former life a living hell.”
 
“And that's why we've got to be very careful. We have to make it just right and well funded,” Ash said.
 
“You're nuts! And you're going to need a crew who are as nuts as you are...”
 
Silence. Tai looks around and whispered to Ash and Sakura, “Who do you have in mind?”
 
Ash and Sakura smiled.
 
*
 
Sakura (V/O): Alright, who's in?
 
Ash (V/O): James Stuart is in. He has developed a bad case of hay fever and has filed for a transfer to a more urban climate.
 
[Celadon City]
 
James was doing a faux-sneeze into a handkerchief as his boss was signing the paperwork...
 
Next, James disembarks from a plane at Domino Airport, the city where he is transferred to.
 
~
 
Ash (V/O): And our wheels?
 
[Digi-World]
 
At a race way, a tank with antenna was on the race way. Next to it is a larger tank. Inside the real tank, a bluish-purple-haired boy was at the driver's seat, while another bluish-purple-haired boy was holding a remote control at track-side.
 
Sakura (V/O): I talked to Koji and Koichi yesterday.
 
Ash (V/O): The light and dark twins?
 
Sakura (V/O): They're both in the Digi-World. I got the feeling that they're ready for anything.
 
The lights change from red to green, and the race is on. The real tank is ahead of the remote-controlled one. But before the real tank could go any further ahead, the miniature tank shoots a shell at the capillary of the regular tank, taking it out and slowing the larger of the two tanks.
 
“Hey! I thought you said no cannons!” Koji yelled out.
 
“No I didn't,” Koichi said from the side lines.
 
Koji quickly aimed the real tank's turret at the smaller tank. Koji fires a shell at the remote-control tank, leaving behind a small hole at where his brother's remote control tank used to be.
 
“I'm declared the winner by default,” Koji announced.
 
~
 
Ash (V/O): Electronics?
 
Sakura (V/O): Metabee.
 
[Riverview]
 
A surveillance camera was watching two suspicious characters in full body rubber suits. The surveillance camera is currently planted on top of a surveillance van, under the disguise of a pest exterminator. Metabee was watching the conversation with two criminals as a couple of officers from the Select Corps.
 
Ash (V/O): How are his nerves?
 
Sakura (V/O): Ok...Not so bad that you would notice.
 
One of the officers was about to adjust the monitor when Metabee stopped him.
 
“Hey! Don't touch it!”
 
“What?!” The officer asked.
 
“How would you like it if I put my face in front of your Medabot's gun and asking him to fire it?”
 
“Hey, Metabee. Relax,” The second officer said, trying top calm Metabee down.
 
~
 
During the daytime, Metabee was walking through the streets of Riverview, towards a Cafe, where Ash and Sakura were waiting. Metabee took a letter from Ash and walks off...
 
“Munitions?” Sakura asked.
 
Ash looks at his list. “Tracey Sketchit.”
 
“Dead.”
 
Ash was surprised. “Really? While watching wild Pokémon?”
 
Sakura shakes her head. “No, got on the wrong side of a Golem's Rollout during a Pokémon Battle.”
 
“Sent any flowers?”
 
“I stole his sketchbooks.”
 
Ash looks back at his list. “Eriol?”
 
Sakura looks at her watch. “Erm...today's Sunday, right?”
 
Ash nods.
 
“Could you give me a few seconds?” Sakura gets up and walks off...
 
[Bank of Riverview]
 
As it was a Sunday, no one would be in a bank unless you're a security guard or a bank robber. Eriol Hiragizawa and his gang are part of the latter group as they were right outside the bank vault in the basement and, Eriol was lining up some explosives on the vault door.
 
“Now, let's see some fireworks,” Eriol said as he rubbed his hands. The gang behind him quickly ran around a corner as Eriol wires the explosives to a remote detonator and joins up with his gang around the corner.
 
“I always wanted to say this. Fire in the Hole!” Eriol detonates the bomb.
 
The vault door exploded, and the other gang members quickly entered the vault, but not before the alarm rang loudly. Eriol looked back at his gang.
 
“You imbeciles! I thought I told you to switch off the alarm!”
 
*
 
Eriol was handcuffed and sitting on the footpath next to a police car. An explosives cop was next to Eriol.
 
“And is that all you used during the event? Nothing else?” The cop asked.
 
“Are you accusing me of bobby-trapping?” Eriol asked back.
 
“Well? Do you?”
 
“Booby-trapping isn't Mr. Hiragizawa's style,” a voice said. The cop turns around and sees Sakura in a suit and shades. “Isn't that right, Eriol?”
 
“Meowth, that's right,” Eriol said.
 
Sakura takes out a badge and briefly shows it before keeping it. “Hikaru, CLAMP. Let me take a guess. A G4 wired to a remote detonator that is doublecoilled, backwound, and a quick fuse that has a drag of 20 feet.”
 
The cop has blank face. He has no idea what Sakura said.
 
“That's our man. And did you search this scumbag...for booby-traps. Really searched, not just for weapons.
 
“Err...” Now the cop is totally confused. At that moment, Sakura pulls up Eriol and pushes him onto the cop car and `searches' him for any explosives.
 
“Will you go see Wizard and tell him that I need to see him.”
 
“Who?” The cop asked.
 
“Just go find him, will you?” Sakura said. The cop walks off, now not even sure what he is doing. At the same time, Sakura whispered to Eriol, “How quickly can you make something out of what I gave you?”
 
“Done,” Eriol said. “Thirty seconds?”
 
“From when?”
 
Eriol snaps the explosive with his handcuffed hands. “Now.”
 
Eriol and Sakura quickly walked away from the police car towards the barricade of police cars and a crowd of people.
 
“How long left?” Sakura whispered.
 
“Fifteen. Is Ash here?”
 
“At the cafe.”
 
Eriol smiled. “Good to be working with professionals again.” Eriol checked Sakura's watch. “Ok, Now!”
 
Eriol and Sakura started running and Sakura shouted, “Everybody down! There's a bomb in the...”
 
BOOM! The cop car that Eriol was pushed on exploded onto a ball of flames as everyone dropped to the ground and Eriol and Sakura run past the crowd on the floor and towards an alley. As the smoke clears, there was no sign of Sakura or Eriol...
 
*
 
[Pokémon Circus]
 
Ash and Sakura were sitting in the seats as they were surrounded by kids and adults watching the show.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen! The Amazing Pikachu!”
 
A Pikachu was on a tightrope above the ground.
 
“Ok, so he can walk on the rope,” Ash said.
 
Sakura shakes her head as she watches. “No, more than that.”
 
Pikachu was balancing a PokéBall on his head at the same time.
 
“Ok, so he can juggle. But we need something that can fit inside a box, not an acrobat. Who else is on the list?
 
“The Pikachu is.”
 
“Who else?” Ash asked.
 
“Just watch.”
 
The Pikachu roll himself up into a ball and rolls on the rope while keeping his balance. Everyone was impressed at that stunt.
 
“And if that wouldn't fit into a box, what will?” Sakura said.
 
~
 
Sakura and Ash walked out of the tent.
 
“We need Keitaro,” Ash said to Sakura as they got into the car.
 
“He won't come. He left the game about a year ago.”
 
“He lost his immortality?”
 
“Wife.” Sakura bluntly said.
 
“Ok, you ask him.”
 
Sakura sighs. “Yeah, who else but Sakura.”
 
~
 
[Hinata Excavation Dig]
 
Keitaro was at an archeological dig. Keitaro puts down his shovel and takes out a banana. Then, he said, “I saw you when I was leaving the portable toilet. I even saw you before you got up this morning.”
 
Sakura was standing behind Keitaro. “How's it going, Keitaro?” Sakura greeted.
 
“Never better.”
 
“What's with the banana?” Sakura asked, pointing at the banana.
 
“Su gave it to me before going to the University. Says that it makes me more human with my immortality by slipping on it after eating.”
 
“So why don't you fall into a tanker full of milk and drown?”
 
Keitaro looks up at Sakura. “Are you here to help me remove the curse of my immortality?”
 
“Just come with me to the restaurant...”
 
~
 
[Hinata Restaurant]
 
Sakura and Keitaro were at the restaurant as they were served with tea and some octopus balls.
 
“I thought you would be dead by now, Keitaro.”
 
“Why do you think I was given the most dangerous jobs?”
 
Sakura looks at the dig site. “What are you digging for?”
 
“Digimon Matrimonial Headmasks,” Keitaro said, and then looks at Sakura. “So, are you going to ask me or should I just say no and get it over with?”
 
“Keitaro, you're immortal and you're the best there is. What do you want?”
 
“Nothing. I'm an archeologist, I have a wife, my own Inn and I go to Tokyo University. So, I'm a change man.
 
“People like us don't change, Keitaro,” Sakura said. “We stay sharp or we get sloppy, but we don't change.”
 
“And what does that mean?”
 
A loud crash was heard. Keitaro and Sakura looked back at the dig site.
 
“Would that be one of the Digimon Matrimonial Headmasks?” Sakura asked.
 
“Sarah is prone to breaking artifacts,” Keitaro said, and then he looks at Sakura and whispered, “Well, are you going to treat me like a grownup at least? What is the scam about?”
 
Sakura smiled and whispered into Keitaro's ear. Keitaro was listening intently to the plan, and then Sakura puts an envelope in Keitaro's hands and walks off.
 
More artifacts were broken as Keitaro weighs his options. Repairing broken objects and face danger or face more danger and get something out of it. Keitaro makes his decision.
 
*
 
“And Keitaro makes ten.” Ash said as he crossed off the list.
 
Sakura and Ash were at a bar while everyone in the background was talking about the upcoming Gary Oak Pokémon Battle.
 
“Ten should do it, don't you think?”
 
Sakura shakes her head.
 
“Do you think we need one more?” Ash asked.
 
Sakura shrugs.
 
Ash repeated the same question again. “I said do you think we need one more?”
 
Sakura shrugs again.
 
“Fine, I'll get one more.”
 
Ash walks out of the bar.
 
*
 
[Tokyo]
 
On a busy train, a young man with purple and blonde hair was watching a man in a red cap counting his Duel Monster cards. The man keeps his cards and makes his way to the exit. Yugi followed him out of the train through a different exit.
 
Yugi bumps into the red-cap man. “Sorry.”
 
Yugi walks out of the station. He was about to check out his prize, only to find to his horror that not only he stole a fake card, but with the card comes with a note. One side reads `Ash Ketchum'. The other side was a message, `Nice try kid, meet me at the 7th Heaven Bar'
 
~
 
Yugi walks to the 7th Heaven bar, only to see a deck of cards, a drink on the table and Ash.
 
“Hi, Yugi. Please, sit down.”
 
“Who are you?”
 
“A friend of your Grandfather, Solomon Moto.”
 
Yugi sees that this person knows his grandfather and sits at the table.
 
“Solomon told me about you. He said that you have the fastest hands of them all.
Didn't really expect you to swipe from duelists in the trains.”
 
“It wasn't work. It was practice.”
 
Ash takes out a plane ticket and puts it on the table, keeping his hand over it.
 
“Here's the deal, Yugi. You're either in or out, right now.”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Plane ticket and a job offer.”
 
“And you think I would accept it at this moment?”
 
“Your grandfather has every faith in you.”
 
“He's always like that.” Then he looks at Ash. “He didn't tell you?”
 
Ash shakes his head.
 
“He doesn't like me trading on his name as part of my job.”
 
“Don't worry. If you do this job, your Grandfather will be trading on yours,” Ash said.
 
“And if I say no?”
 
“Then, we get someone else who won't be as good. And you can resume to stealing cards from other duelists or have your voice stolen and implanted into a Prince of another realm.” Ash looks up. “Check please!” Ash looks back at Yugi, only to see him read the letter. The deck of cards is still on the table, but the envelope is missing from Ash's hand.
 
“Best job I've ever seen you done,” Ash complimented.
 
“I'm going back to Domino City, huh?”
 
“The home of Game Corners,” Ash said.
 
And Yugi makes eleven.
 
[End of Part 2]
 
Character's List (The Thieves):
Ash Ketchum (Pokémon) - Danny Ocean
Sakura Avalon (Card Captor Sakura) - Rusty Ryan
Taichi Kamiya (Digimon 01) - Reuben
James (Pokémon) - Frank
Koji and Koichi (Digimon Frontier) - Turk and Virgil Malloy
Metabee (Medabots) - Livingston
Eriol (Card Captor Sakura) - Basher
Pikachu (Pokémon) - The Amazing Yen
Keitaro (Love Hina) - Saul
Yugi Moto (Yu-Gi-Oh) - Linus