Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Monarch of Egypt ❯ Disturbing Dreams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*Monarch of Egypt*~



"You're a very worthy adversary... You're the only woman who can last that long in a battle against me..."

"It's not because I'm a woman, it's because you're weak..."


Sakura held tightly to Syaoran's hand as they sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Meilin had been admitted hours ago after they had found her. They were going to take her home but she stared blacking out so they changed directions and brought her to the hospital. She was now in the emergency room.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Sakura asked worriedly.

Syaoran nodded. "Yeah, Meilin's a tough girl. It'll take more than a bump on the head to keep her down"

"Sakura-chan? Li-kun?"

Sakura and Syaoran looked up to see Tomoyo rushing through the doors. "I got here as soon as I heard. Is she okay?!" Tomoyo asked frantically.

Sakura sighed sadly. "We don't know. All she said was a bunch of guys attacked her"
Shrieks
"They better pray I never find out who they are..." Syaoran growled with a glare.

At that moment the doctor appeared and everyone quickly stood up. "How is she?" Syaoran asked.

"She's fine. Just a few cuts and bruises and a minor concussion. We'll need to keep her for observation though."

Sakura sighed in relief and hugged Syaoran close. "Thank God..."

"Can we see her?" Tomoyo asked. "Is she awake?"

The doctor nodded. "Yes, she's awake and you can go see her"

"Thank you" the trio said in unison as they headed to go see her.

Sakura opened the door and smiled gently at Meilin. She was sitting up in bed, a couple of bandages on her face and gauze was wrapped around her head. She looked up from her cup of blue gelatin and smiled. "Hey, guys!"

"Meilin, how are you feeling?" Tomoyo asked.

"As well as to be expected... never thought getting hit with a two-by-four would leave me all woozy" Meilin said putting a hand to her head.

"They hit you with a what?" Syaoran asked in anger. "A two-by-four?!"

"Oh... Meilin..." Sakura said in sadly as she stroked Meilin's bandaged forehead. "I'm sorry"

"It's cool... I've had worse" Meilin assured her. "Syaoran, remember when I fell off the roof?" she said giggling.

Syaoran thought back and fought to hold back a chuckle. "That was last time you were allowed to watch Peter Pan"

Sakura blinked and Tomoyo sweatdropped. "Um... you jumped off a roof after watching Peter Pan?" Tomoyo asked.

"Don't ask..." Meilin said resting her head on the pillow.

"I always knew you were dense..." Kero said from Sakura's pocket.

"Shut up, stuffed animal" Meilin glared.

"Meilin... exactly what happened to you?" Syaoran asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"When I jumped off the roof?"

"No, earlier tonight... what happened?" Syaoran asked.

"Well,..." Meilin thought back. "I was walking... then those guys started bothering me. They grabbed me and I fought them off but the leader hit me with a two-by-four... I was out for a while and then... this guy woke me up"

"A guy woke you up?" Tomoyo asked.

"Yeah... he had... white hair with red eyes.... He looked like he was about seventeen..." she giggled a little. "He was pretty cute... He said that he got rid of them..."

Kero blinked and glanced at Sakura. Could that guy have been the dark force he was sensing when he came to find her? It only made sense. He heard the fighting and then sensed the dark magic only a bit away from Meilin. "Little girl..."

"What, plushie?" Meilin asked.

Kero ignored that comment. "When you woke up did you notice anything weird about the guy who saved you?"

Meilin blinked and thought for a minute. "Well,... his eyes were a little cold... and he, Oh! He wore a really weird necklace... it was like ancient or something"

Syaoran, Sakura and Kero all looked at each other before turning back to her. "Meilin, when you were fighting... we sensed a dark force near you... do you think it was him?" Sakura asked.

Before she could answer, Syaoran cut in. "How would she know? She doesn't even have magic powers" he said.

Meilin glared and sat up straight, ignoring the pain in her back as she did so. "If you think what I have to say is unimportant just because I don't have powers, then get out!" she yelled at him.

Syaoran immediately felt bad and tried to apologize. "Meilin, I'm sor-"

"No, forget it" she said clearly angry as she rested her head on the pillow. "Just go..."

"But-"

"NOW!!"

Syaoran sighed and stood up. "Fine" he said standing up. "Sakura?" he asked and she nodded.

"I'm coming" she said getting up. "Feel better Meilin"

"Bye, Sakura" she said.

"Daidouji-san... come on" Syaoran said.

For some reason, that sort of irritated Tomoyo and she arched a brow at Syaoran. "Excuse me, Li-kun, but I left my mother back home" she said, clearly insinuating that she did not enjoy being told what to do simply because she was without power.

Syaoran blinked before turning to leave. "Fine..." he said leaving and Sakura followed.

"Whoa... Tomoyo-chan has claws..."

Both girls looked up to see a tall figure in the door way. The figure stepped out of the shadows to reveal Nakuru Akizuki's smiling face. In her arms was a bouquet of roses with a card attached to them. She walked over and handed them to Meilin. "Heard about your accident. Kero-chan just got off the phone with Suppi-chan about fifteen minutes ago. He and Master are on their way" she said and gently reached out a hand to smooth down Meilin's hair. "Those jerks will get what''s coming to them"

"I know they will ... and this time they won't catch me off guard..." Meilin said clenching her fists.

"Meilin, dear. Now's not the time for blood lust" Eriol said from the door with a smile.

"Hi Hiirigizawa-kun" said with a small wave.

"I told you, Master" Spinal said floating in the room. "Not even a serious injury could keep her down. She's already plotting revenge"

"So, exactly what happened?" Nakuru asked.

Meilin explained about the thugs that attacked her and how she was caught off guard and clocked with a two-by-four. She then explained about the mysterious young man who saved her life apparently while she was out.

"Ooh! What did he look like" Nakuru asked, very interested in the subject of guys.

"Well, he was tall ... white hair ... red eyes... He was really cute" she said with a giggle. "But, I didn't even get his name..."

"Who knows ... you might see him again" Spinal suggested.

While Meilin, Spinal and Eriol were all engaged in a conversation about her mysterious rescuer, Tomoyo let her mind wander back to the dream. She learned not to ignore dreams from Sakura and this one felt strange. Everything looked familiar to her. She didn't understand it at all. And who was that touching her? She let out a heavy sigh of frustration. This was so confusing...

Nakuru glanced at Tomoyo and saw the necklace around her neck. "Ooh, that's so pretty!"

Tomoyo glanced down at the necklace. "Thank you. Kinomoto-san got it for me" she told her.

"Can I see?" Nakuru asked.

Tomoyo nodded and took of the necklace and handed it to her. Nakuru took the necklace and examined it. "Oh, this is beautiful!" she said and then her brow arched. "I think I've... seen this somewhere before..."

"Really?" Tomoyo asked. "Where?"

"I... I don't know ... but, I think I've seen this before" Nakuru said confused. She then shrugged. "Probably in a book or catalog or something..." she said, although she had a feeling that wasn't it. "Here you go" she said handing it back to her.

Tomoyo put her necklace back on and glanced at the clock. "I hate to be leaving Meilin but... I have to be home soon. It's nearly twelve o'clock"

"Okay, bye" Meilin said waving.

"Excuse me, but visitor's hours are over" the nurse said sticking her head in the room.

Nakuru sighed and stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow, Meilin-chan" she said heading for the door.

"Get well soon" Spinal said floating after her.

Eriol stood and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll be sure to bring your homework" he said heading for the door.

"Bye..." she waved and rested her head on the pillow. She thought about the boy who had saved her tonight. Who were you...? ltltlt

"Pitiful fool ... try to touch what's mine again and I'll have your head!"

"Hehehe ... do all Amazons possess the fire you do? Because I find it intoxicating..."

"QUIET, YOU DAMN THIEF!!"




ltltlt

Yami Bakura opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling in the dark. He had another vision again. It was strange. He was back in the past, in a battle with a mysterious girl. The vision was cloudy though. He could never make out her face. It was like the censorships you see on movies. It was blurred. But, her angry voice sounded so familiar to him.

It was strange, he remembered every single detail of his life but he couldn't recall her for the life of him. He remembered his family, his friends, the stealing and the destruction of his village. He couldn't remember the amazon warrioress at all.

"Who are you?" he asked the darkness.

"Good night, Daidouji-san"

"Good night, Akemi" Tomoyo told the young maid as she headed up the stairs to her room.

Tomoyo closed the door of her room behinded and began to undress and change into her sleepwear. She pulled on her white night gown and slid into bed. She let her mind wander back to earlier tonight. She thought of the way she snapped at Syaoran. She shouldn't have done that. First thing in the morning she would apologize.

Feeling better, she shifted onto her side and closed her eyes, not noticing that she forgot to take off her ankh.

TITITITIT

"Sweetness... are you awake?"

Tomoyo smiled and did not open her eyes when she felt a hand stroking her cheek. "Yes" she said softly, her smile widening when she felt a strong arm wrap itself around her waist. She opened her eyes expecting to see the face of the one who was touching her but she only saw the ceiling of an elegant room, the same room as before. She started to turn her head but stopped and gasped when she felt warm lips on her neck.

"My...sweet siren" the strong male voice whispered in her ear.


TITITITITIT

Tomoyo's eyes snapped open and she sat straight. "Whoa..." she said running a hand through her hair. "That's the second time in one day..." She sighed and rested her back on the pillow. This was getting to be a bit much.

"Hmm...."

Spinal looked up from his book. "What is it, Nakuru? You seem... sane this evening"

Nakuru glared at Spinal before taking a sip of her lemonade. "I was thinking about Tomoyo-chan's necklace. You saw it right?"

Spinal thought back for a moment. "It was an ankh, wasn't it? Silver with an amethyst?"

Nakuru nodded. "Yeah, it looked... really familiar to me. Like I'd seen it before"

"Maybe you saw it in a catalog" he said and then shook his head. "No, you would've remembered which, wouldn't you?" he said, remembering how fashion-tuned his counterpart was.

"Yep... but I can't remember where I saw it and it's driving me insane!" she cried, rolling off her red and pink bed and making an ungraceful landing with the floor.

"Well, I didn't take a good look at it" Spinal said closing his book and curling up into a ball.

"Well, it did look pretty old... maybe I saw it in a book"

"Well, you barely pay attention to old books, maybe that's why you can't recall it" Spinal suggested. "Go to sleep"

Nakuru sighed and slid into bed. "Good night, Suppi-chan"

"Who's Suppi?"

Nakuru giggled.

TITITITITI



"Really? We're really going to go?"

Clow smiled down at Ruby Moon whose eyes were wide with anticipation. "Yes, I figured it would be something different for us"

"But... it's not as great as it once was" Spinal said and Cerebus nodded. Yue just sat there quietly, not putting in any input on the situation. If his master wanted it, who was he to question?

Clow smiled at his two sun guardians. "I know... that's the whole point" he said with a cryptic smile"

Ruby thought for a moment and then gasped in excitment. "You mean we're going back!?"

Clow nodded. "Yes, we are"



TITITITITIT

Nakuru opened her eyes and blinked. "That was weird..." she said rubbing her eyes. "I don't remember anything like that happening..." She sat up and ran a hand through her long Earth colored hair. It was like I was back in the past... but I know I was never there before...

"Nakuru" Eriol's voice called from outside her door. "You're going to be late"

Nakuru glanced at the clock and nearly fell out the bed. "Oh man, it's late" she said getting up to pull off her pajamas and pull on her uniform. She quickly grabbed her bag and rushed for the doof but not before grabbing a muffin off the table and shoving it in Spinal's mouth as he floated by.

"NAKURU!! YOU EVIL BOY!" Spinal yelled before his resolve crumpled. "MORE SWEETS!!"

"When I get back!" she called to him as she ran out of the house, Eriol shaking his head as he followed her out the house.

Nakuru concentrated on the road as she drove Eriol to school. Her eyes were on the road but her mind was on that dream. What the Hell did that mean? She stopped in front of the school and unlocked the door. "Have fun, Master" she said waving as he got out of the car.

"I'll see you later, Nakuru" he said and then stopped to glance at his guardian. "Nakuru, is something the matter?"

Nakuru pondered if she should tell him about the dream. She wasn't sure. But, she could always make a decision when they both returned home. "No. Just a little out of it. I'll feel better once I make Touya-kun mine" she said with a bright grin.

Eriol shook his head. "If you say so. Have a good day" he said heading up to the building.

Nakuru watched him until his disappeared into the crowd of students. She then started her car again and pulled off into the street. She kept thinking about that dream. She never remembered anything like that happening. She never remembered talking to Clow Reed. How could she? She never even existed until Eriol created her true form when he was four years old.

TBC

So, what'd you think? Sucky ain't it? Oh, well. Flame away... I can make smores with them. And what's with all the dreams? Don't worry. There's going to be more than just dreams. Well, later.