Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi- DOA Player?! ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Dead or Alive Volleyball Player?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hi, everyone! DJ here, and I just want to thank all of you out there that have been keeping up with the story so far! I'm glad there are a lot of fans out there that like this crossover! Guys and girls like you make story writing worthwhile!

Yugi: Also, DJ has made up his mind on what other crossover to do after this and his Yu-Gi-Oh/Street Fighter crossover! He is going to do…

Darien: A Totally Spies/Yu-Gi-Oh crossover! The question is, who wants Yugi to be paired up with whom? Clover? Alex? Or Samantha? Tell us whom, and why!

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 18

A big brawl was happening on the east side of the beach, a large group of people taking on another group. However, this other group was small in number, yet they were evenly matched. It was Yami, Mai, Tea, Joey, Tristen, and Duke going up against Seto, Serenity, and newcomer Lisa! They were all bruised up, each looking like they went a round against Evander Holyfield or Oscar DeLaHoya. Seto threw a vicious right-hook, connecting to Yami's left eye! The ex-ruler of Egypt long ago grunted in pain as the fist made contact, going down hard! Tristen came in quickly, raising his left fist high and counting on scoring a hit. However, Seto ducked the man and when he landed, nailed him with a powerful rising knee attack! Mai and Joey tried to rush Lisa at the same time, but the bronze-skinned beauty stopped them cold with a powerful roundhouse kick to the face! Duke and Tea, also tried to double-team Serenity, but the beautiful sister of Joey thwarted the duo. She ran in between them, and ducked quick as they tried to throw a punch to her head! The result of that they punched each other in the head instead, and Serenity capitalized on their folly by doing painful submission moves on them. She administered to Tea the infamous Sharpshooter technique, signature move by WWF's legendary wrestler Bret "Hitman" Hart! After she left Tea cringing and down in the sand, she gave Duke the classic Boston Crab lock. Both moves were very much painful on the duo, but she knew it was not over just yet.

Serenity went over to her brother, who was having a hard time standing because of Lisa's kicks and punches. "Joey, stop this right now!", she pleaded. Even though they were fighting on different sides and had different issues, he was still her brother. She wanted to have a chance to talk him out of hurting Yugi. The blonde man, however, merely brushed past her. "Not until you and the others stop, and let us do what we came here to do!", he told her firmly. He was about to go back in against Lisa, who was busy fighting Mai, when Serenity blocked his path. She held up her arms high, being a human barrier and having the most enraged look on her face. "Joey, please! I don't want to fight you, but I will if it means protecting Yugi from you and the rest!", she declared boldly and without fear. Joey was really shocked here, and for good reason. 'What the-?! I never seen Serenity looking or sounding this serious before! What's up with that?!', he asked himself. He shook his head, then tried to get past Serenity. Wherever he moved, she moved too. She would not let him pass until they talked it out. Irritated, he exploded, "SERENITY, GET OUT OF THE WAY NOW!!!". Amazingly, the woman's stoic and determined stance and face did not flinch or bend. She replied coolly, "No, Joseph! I will not let you pass so you can hurt that little angel!". It was true. To her, Yugi was indeed an angel on Earth. Joey just couldn't believe on what was happening. Then, he snapped. He was blinded by rage now from his sister's actions, and it was not pretty. Screaming in frustration, he actually slapped Serenity across the face hard! The young woman was very shocked and surprised by this outrageous move, falling to the ground softly. Sensing that she was no problem now, he made a mad dash towards Lisa and Mai. Serenity soon recovered, lightly touching her cheek and feeling the sting of the slap. "Joey…", she whispered brokenly.

While Lisa and Mai duked it out, they too also engaged into hot conversation. "Why do you want to protect that shrimp, bitch?!", Mai exclaimed at Lisa while throwing a left hook. Lisa dodged the punch easily, and countered with a sharp headbutt! She replied, "Because he's a very good man, and I'm not going to let you or anyone else hurt him!". Mai recovered, albeit slowly, and delivered a wicked left lift-kick! Lisa took the attack, but it only did minimal damage. But, it did hurt, given the fact that Mai was still wearing her trademark purple high-heels. Mai retorted, "Come on, now! Surely a woman like you can't be worried for a little punk like Yugi!". Lisa growled protectively in her throat, then retaliated with a very powerful thrust kick! She soon followed with an uppercut that would have knocked the teeth out of Mike Tyson! Mai flew in the air a couple of feet before landing hard on the sand. Lisa growled, "Don't you ever say that Yugi is a punk, slut! In my opinion, he's one of the rarest guys on Earth!". As soon as she finished those words, a powerful blow came from behind! Lisa was knocked down on her stomach, and turned around and looked up. Joey was hovering over her, ready to deliver another blow, when a brown blur came in quickly and knocked the man off his feet! It was Serenity, and boy was she mad! Like the saying goes, Hell hath no fury then a woman scorned. She was now wrestling and fighting with her own flesh and blood! Lisa said a silent thank you towards her new friend, then got up to battle Mai again!

Seto was holding his own, thanks to his street skills he learned while he and Mokuba were at an orphanage some time ago. Yami and Tristen regrouped together, trying to figure out a way to take down the CEO of Kaiba Corp. Tristen exclaimed, "Seto! Why are you helping that worthless worm, Yugi?!". Seto growled slightly at that question and answered, "The only worthless worms I know are you guys!". Yami tried his best to stand tall before the brown-haired executive, but it was a little difficult considering the numerous cuts and bruises he had. "Kaiba! I demand to know on why you would even consider helping that squirt!", he declared. Seto was now the one standing tall, his pride practically glowing from him. He answered, "I'm helping him because he deserves this little vacation, and also time away from jerks like you!". Yami was about to say something else, when Seto's watch beeped. Laga's voice came on, "Seto! We've managed to hack into Zack's computer, and we also located Yugi and Cas!". Seto's eyes widened slightly in surprise. "Really?! Tell me!!", he demanded. Peorth then came on the scene. She reported, "About 125 miles south, south-east of your current position. Somewhere in the jungle!". Unfortunately for him, Yami and Co. heard the info as well. Grinning evilly, he gathered everyone together and faced off against the CEO. Seto's allies also joined up together as well. "Thanks for the info, Kaiba! Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a little runt to find!", the ex-pharaoh declared with a evil smirk. The three fighters got into a stance, ready to rumble! "Over my cold, dead body, Yami.", Serenity stated with such an icy tone, it made everyone wince slightly. Yami regained his composure and replied, "Maybe later.". Using his Shadow magic he inherited from all seven Millennium Items, he teleported his friends and himself near the place Laga and Peorth told Seto. "Guys, what just happened?!", Lisa exclaimed in surprise. Seto growled and answered, "I'm willing to take a bet that Yami just used those powers of his to teleport where Yugi and Cas are!". Serenity had a horrified look on her face and she shrieked, "We got to get to them first before they do!". Agreeing with her, the trio dashed into the jungle.

~Meanwhile~

Cas is now jogging slowly through the jungle, Yugi still out-cold in her arms. She was tired of running, but knew that she had little choice in the matter. Soon, she plopped down on the ground and leaned towards a large, yellow boulder. They were at the base of the volcano, which was in the middle of the island. Cas breathed heavily, using her free arm to wipe some sweat off her brow. "Whew! Man, this is tough work.", she mumbled. However, one glance down at Yugi changed her mood completely. To her, he was now glowing with a very mystical aura. She smiled warmly, then her face blushed when she realized that he was so close to her. 'There is no way he's human to be this kawaii. He has to be an angel from Heaven itself.', she told herself. She kissed his forehead gently and whispered, "You're very much worth the work, my sweet little angel.". After getting her second wind, she picked up the little one carefully in her arms. She was about to go, when she heard a whizzing nearby. Relying purely on instincts, she jumped back quickly! It looks like instincts saved her life, for a ninja-throwing star just struck the rock where Yugi's head was at! Cas looked to her left, and her blood ran cold as she saw a ninja with brown hair appear seemingly out of thin air. He stood before the duo, his brown eyes giving off an icy glare. "Give me the little one in your arms, and go. This is none of your concern, miss.", he stated firmly and coldly. Cas's grip on Yugi tightened considerably as she replied, "You have to slice my cold, dead arms off first before I give him to you.". He shook his head lightly, almost in a pitying manner. He then unsheathed a long katana, which was fastened to his left side. "Then, goodbye.", he stated.

Seeing that there was nowhere to run and also no way to fight, Cas kneeled down on the ground. She bent her body down over Yugi, using herself as a human shield to take the blow herself. 'I'll protect you, little angel. I promise with my life.', she thought. Some tears slipped out from her tightly shut eyes, preparing herself to meet her maker. Her hold on Yugi tightened some more, as she prepared to sacrifice herself so he could live. The ninja was about to strike the deadly blow, when another ninja star flew out from the jungle! The ninja parried the star, deflecting it harmlessly off of his blade. Cas looked up from her crouched position, and saw that a ninja girl was now standing between her and the other ninja. However, this woman was not masked at all and wearing a somewhat revealing blue fighting gi. "Are you okay, miss?", she asked her while facing her opponent. Cas stood up shakily and answered, "Yes, I am. Thank you.". The ninja girl stated quickly, "My name is Kasumi, and I am very grateful for you risking your life for Yugi there.". Cas then demanded, "Okay, then. First question, who is that guy that almost tried to kill me?! And, who are you?". Kasumi answered, "That is my brother, Hayate. He is currently misguided at the moment, and wishes to kill Yugi Moto. I'm here to protect him, same as you.". Cas was now relived to see that someone was here to help her. Hayate ordered to his sister, "Step aside, Kasumi. This is your final warning.". Kasumi shook her head sadly and replied, "No, Hayate. I will not move, and the only way you can make me… is if you kill me.". Before the fighting could start, more people crashed the scene! Out from the jungle on Cas's far right emerged Jann Lee, and soon a very ticked off Lei Fang.

Pretty soon, the entire gang was present. Cas stood in awe as she saw Kasumi, Ayane, Lei Fang, Hitomi, Christie, Tina, and Helena form a semi-circle barrier between her and Yugi. They were making sure the two would stay in the protective circle, keeping the guys at bay. 'Wow! I never knew that Yugi had this kind of influence!', she thought. In front of the barrier stood Hayate, Bayaman, Leon, Zack, Bass, and Hayabusa. "Ladies, step aside now!!", Bass declared in a booming voice. Tina shook her head and replied, "Forget it, old man! We're not moving an inch!". With that remark, the ultimate fight was about to go underway, when a brilliant flash of ebony-colored light appeared from out of nowhere! It came in between the two parties, and it revealed to be Yami, Tea, Tristen, Duke, Mai, and Joey! Cas's face paled slightly, thinking, 'Oh no! That must mean they won over the others!'. Yami looked at the group of men in front of them quizzically, until he turned around and saw the group of very puzzled girls. That's when he saw behind Kasumi and Hitomi the duo, Cas and Yugi. Yami smirked evilly, his mission of finding the young man now complete. "Stand aside ladies. All I want is the kid.", he told them boldly. Joey, Tristen, and Duke took one look at the hot babes, and were now drooling like mad and also having crazed looks in their eyes. Tea and Mai snapped them out of it by smacking their heads hard with their fists! Ayane retorted, "You must be Yami. And you five must be his little groupies.". Helena said in a proud, haughty voice, "We are not going to hand Yugi over to filth like you. Now, go away.". That little remark just made Yami's eyes glow red with anger. "Then… DIE!!!", he declared as he charged up some powerful Shadow magic. The girls were ready to withstand the attack, when a weak, raspy voice spoke up, "No, stop.".

Yami's charged powers disappeared as he and the rest heard the voice. The girls also knew on whom that voice belonged to as well. They all turned around, and saw Cas standing up with a very tired Yugi! The resilient young man was awake, and now was trying to stand up right. Cas was helping him however, and it seemed she succeeded in trying. "Yugi…", Kasumi whispered in awe. Never had any of them seen such resilient and willful power in their life, especially after going up against the DOA men. Yugi winced slightly at the extreme pain he was in, but managed to keep his strong appearance. "Don't do it, Yami.", he rasped weakly. He then turned his face to the ladies, and his expression softened quickly. A small smile appeared on his face as he said, "Its okay, girls. It's alright, you can stop now. I'll go with them.". Ayane's eyes quickly bugged out in fear, and she quickly went over to the young man. "Are you crazy, Yugi?! You're going to get killed if you go to them!", she exclaimed in fear. Kasumi went to him as well and pleaded, "Please, let us handle this!". Some tears slipped out from her soft brown eyes, but she made no move to wipe them away. Yugi shook his head lightly, then wobbled some because of the effort. Cas helped steady him, and he accepted. He then replied, "Maybe, but I will not allow you girls to get seriously hurt… just because of me.". He gently tried to pry away from Cas to walk over to the two groups, but the woman just refused to lessen her grip on him. Hitomi went to him, and caressed his right cheek. She smiled as well and said, "Its okay, Yugi. We're willing to take a beating to protect you.". Lei Fang also went towards the group and added softly, "You're very much worth the pain, Yugi. You really are.". Yugi just couldn't believe that they were still willing to fight… and for his safety. The ladies turned around and smiled warmly at the surprised young man. They nodded their heads, silently agreeing with Lei Fang. The four girls then kissed Yugi on the cheeks, and went back up to their protective barrier front.

Before the rumble could start, a voice called out, "Don't start the party without us!!" From the other side of the jungle, on Cas's left side, emerged Seto, Serenity, and Lisa! 'They're all right! Now, maybe we have a chance!', she thought joyfully. Seto panted and gasped for breath, as did the two ladies. He looked up to see that he was on the ladies side, and soon caught a glimpse of Cas with Yugi in her arms. He smirked slightly and said, "Good job of protecting him, Cas. Remind me to give you a raise.". Cas smiled slightly from that funny remark, but then turned her attention back to her little angel. He was trying to escape, but her hold on him was too tight. She was not going to let him go out there, and see him get killed. That would be… too much for her to witness. Serenity breathed in hard and long, very tried from the run from the beach. She saw Cas with Yugi, and went towards the duo quickly. "Is he… alright?", she panted out. Cas nodded and replied, "Yes, he is okay. But, we have to get him some medical treatment right away!". Seeing that her friend was tried and worn out, she gave Yugi to her and joined up with Seto and Lisa. "Now, its my turn to fight for the little angel!", she declared as she got into a fighting stance. Seto didn't know the entire situation, but logic dictated that he join the ladies. "Well, well. The gangs all here now.", Zack said in a light, sarcastic tone. Now, it was the moment of truth! Who would win? Nobody knew, as everyone readied themselves to fight! The fire burned in the eyes of Seto, and the entire female fighters. Nobody made a move or a sound, very much itching to see on who would make the first move. This was it! The Bad Guys (Zack, Hayabusa, Hayate, Leon, Bayaman, Jann Lee, Yami, Tea, Mai, Joey, Tristen, and Duke) vs. the Good Girls (Lisa, Christie, Helena, Ayane, Kasumi, Cas, Seto, Tina, Lei Fang, and Hitomi)! A breeze made its presence known, stirring up some leaves and dust from the ground. It was the thing that sparked the first move! Hayate charged in, ready to strike! Kasumi saw the quick movement, and charged in too so she could intercept him. The rest saw it as their cue to go in and fight! The ultimate battle was about to begin!!

(Author's Notes: Whew! This was long, for me that is. In any case, here it is! The ultimate fight starts here!

Yugi: Who will win, and who will fall? You need to see next chapter to find out!

Darien: Now, for the questions for the Yugi fangirls! Here they are:

1.) What do you think about Yugi's actions, when he tried to save the girls a lot of pain by going to the bad guys?

2.) What would you have told him when he said that he would give himself up?

3.) Would you join the fight against the villains?

4.) Do you think Yugi and his friends will survive?

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)