Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh Style ❯ Rescue and Betrayal ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh style Chapter 16: Rescue and Betrayal              ;     Yugi, Jou, and Isis ran after the former Wall Market mobster. The chase led them to the carved mountain behind the village’s temple.            & nbsp;   “There’s Keith! Don't let him get away!” a Kaiba Corp. soldier shouted to his fellow squad members. It appeared they were there to attempt to rescue Mana. “Attaaaack!”         &n bsp;      Unfortunately, the blond managed to escape, which was not hard to do considering that most of Kaiba’s goons were complete idiots and were too busy fighting Yugi’s group, having mistaking them for more of Keith’s thugs.            &n bsp;   Varon and Rishid appeared on the scene a few moments later, determined to rescue their fellow ghoul.            &n bsp;   “I’ll give ‘im one thing,” the shorter brunet quipped, “He’s good at runnin’.”           ;      “…Mana,” the taller man whispered.           &nbs p;    “Let's go Rishid. We'll show ‘em what the Ghouls can do. If that lech has Mana, this ain’t gonna be easy.” He then looked over to Yugi and his friends.                 “I don’t want to fight,” the spiky haired teen said, keeping his hand near the hilt of his buster sword just in case. “We’re after Keith too. He’s got Mokuba and he’s got our materia.”            ;     “Don’t get me wrong here mate,” Varon replied. “You’re still on our most wanted list, but right now, Mana’s more important. You don’t get in our way, we won’t get in yours.”           & nbsp;    “Agreed,” Yugi said nodding. “We’ve no intention of working with you either. Now where did that creep go?”           &nbs p;    “Here’s a hint mate,” Varon said smirking “It’s something that sticks out the most.” He and Rishid then ran off further up the mountain.             ;    “Something that sticks out the most?” Isisasked.           &nbs p;    “Don’t look at me,” Jou spat, just as confused by Varon’s hint.            &nb sp;   Yugi looked around for a bit, then it hit him. The statues carved into the mountain! “Let’s go, guys! Mokuba’s up there!”           & nbsp;    They then rushed after the two ghouls. When they neared the head of one of the statues, they ran into Varon and Rishid again.            &n bsp;   “’Bout time ya got here mate,” the brunet said, “How’s about you go that way and we’ll go this way.” He indicated a path that branched off into two different directions. “Don’t worry we won’t do anything to that kid of yours… yet.”           &nb sp;    The ghouls then went down the lower path leaving the higher one for Yugi. Seeing they had no choice, Yugi’s group followed the path and soon came to where Keith was holding the two hostage. Both Mana and Mokuba were tied to one of the many statues’ heads.            &n bsp;   “LEMME GO!!!” screamed Mokuba.            & nbsp;   The blond mobster laughed. “I just love them feisty,” he said eyeing the boy lecherously. “You’re both so yummy lookin’, which one to pick? Maybe her?”           &nb sp;    “You won’t get away with this!” Mana shouted. “I’m one of the ghouls!”                 “Or maybe I should pick her?” Keith mused giving the girl the same look.            &nb sp;   “Yeesh! If I knew this was gonna happen, I would have paid more attention in rope lessons,” the boy grumbled.             ;    “I made up my mind!” Keith crowed, “I choose the short one!”           &nb sp;    “Eeeeeeeewwwww!” shouted Mokuba. “I’m a boy you jerk! Besides, you don’t have any materia.”            ;     “Ooooo she’s kinky too!”           &nb sp;    “That’s enough Keith!” Yugi shouted, unable to watch anymore.                 “Dare?! (Who?!)”                 “Thank the gods it’s you Yugi!” Mokuba exclaimed.           &nbs p;    “Well if it ain’t the shrimp,” spat Keith.            &n bsp;   “Let Mokuba and Mana go!” demanded Isis.            &nb sp;   “You’re one sick freak you know that?” Jou spat, baring his teeth.            &n bsp;   “Shut it!” yelled the blond. “I’ve suffered a lot because of you punks!”           & nbsp;    “I really don’t give a *bleep*!” Yugi spat, drawing his buster sword. “Let them go or I’ll run you through!”            ;     “You guys are really serious!” Keith said, shaking slightly. “Well that’s okay ‘cause so am I!” He then let out a shrill whistle and suddenly a dragon like monster appeared above.            &n bsp;   “Oh *bleep*,” Jou muttered, getting ready to defend himself.                 The battle took less time than they thought and Keith’s latest pet went sailing down the mountainside. However, being the slimy *bleep* that he was, Keith wasn’t too upset at his apparent defeat. He had taken precautionary measures before anyone showed up.              ;   “Chotto matte! (Wait a sec!)” Keith said holding his hands up.              ;   Yugi ignored him and pointed his sword at him, ready to run the mobster through if he didn’t release his hostages.             ;    “Why would a bad guy like me beg you for his life?”           &n bsp;    “I really don’t care Keith! Let them go!”           &nbs p;    Keith laughed then took out a remote control device. He then pushed a button and Mokuba and Mana were spun around until they were hanging upside down.            &nb sp;   “Kyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaa!” screamed Mana.            &nb sp;   “I’m gonna be sick!” wailed Mokuba.            & nbsp;   “One step more and you’re girlfriends are pancakes!” Keith said, one finger on the release button.            & nbsp;   “Shimatta! (Damn!)” Yugi spat.            &nb sp;   “So this is how a loser lives,” growled Jou.            &nbs p;   “You ought to be ashamed of yourself!” cried Isis.            &nb sp;   “I’m the one who’s laughing last!” retorted Keith, confident that not only was he gong to get a girl or two for the night, but to keep his life as well.            &nb sp;   “Actually mate, that would be us.” Varon said            &nbs p;   “*Bleep*! It’s the ghouls!”                 “You should have known we’d be comin’ for ya,” the brunet said, smirking. “We’re here to fix your leak Keith.”           & nbsp;    “Then you’re all coming with me!” Keith made to press another button on the remote when a bald headed man came up behind him and knocked the device from his hand, causing the blond to fall. Unfortunately, Keith managed to grab onto one of the statues arms.            &nb sp;   “Great timing aibou (partner)!”          &nb sp;     Rishid nodded in greeting before going over to the brown haired girl and freeing her. Varon then stepped onto the gangster’s hands. “This’ll only take a couple secs mate, so listen up. Why do you think we busted our bums working with these here blokes? 1. Because we were ready to die, 2. Because we were sure of victory, or 3. Because we’re idiots.”                 “Um.. t-two?” the blond replied nervously.           &nbs p;    “Oo sorry,” the brunet said doing his best Alex Trebeck impersonation. “They’re all wrong.” He then continued to grind his feet on the mobster’s hands.            &n bsp;   “No wait!” he pleaded. “STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!” he screamed as he lost his grip and fell to his death.            &n bsp;   “The correct answer was…”          &n bsp;     “…because it’s our duty,” Rishid finished.             ;    “Oh thank you soooooooo much!!!” Mana cried, glomping the brunet. “I’d thought you’d never come to save me!”           &nbs p;    “Crikey sheila!” he yelled. “Don’t act so bloody weak! You’re a ghoul!”           & nbsp;    “S-Sorry sir,” she said, blushing.             ;    “Never thought I’d say this, but thanks,” said Yugi.            &nb sp;   The ghouls remained silent, but Yugi could see an almost imperceptible nod from the bald ghoul. Suddenly, Varon’s cell rang.            &nb sp;   “Varon here,” he said after answering it. “Got it. We’ll get right to work!”           &n bsp;    “Was that Malik-sama?” Mana asked.            &n bsp;   “He wants us to find Yugi.”           &n bsp;    “Then we’re…” Rishid started, glancing over to the AVALANCHE group.            &n bsp;   “Nah, we’re off duty today remember, mate?” Varon said, giving a slight nod to Yugi as he passed by, followed by Rishid and Mana.            &nb sp;   “HEY YOU GUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYS!!!!!!!!” yelled Mokuba. “Get me DOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!”   ~~~~~~~~~~~                 &nb sp; “There! You’ve got you’re materia back. Happy?” grumbled Mokuba once they returned to his house after getting him off of the mountain.             ;    “The rest Mokuba,” Yugi said drawing his buster sword.            &n bsp;   “Aww man,” the boy whined, but obeyed and handed the rest of the materia over to Yugi. “That was a close one. Normally I’d kick some major butt. That Keith guy was a real freak. I'd rather deal with my ni-san than deal with that guy. Oh, by the way, weren’t those ghouls cool or what?” He looked around and saw he was alone. The others had left. “Come on, wait---! I’m coming with ya guys!!!” he ran out of the house after them   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~           ;        Yugi’s group was at a loss. No one knew anything about the Temple of the Ancients Kaiba had mentioned. However, Jou had a brilliant idea. Why not ask Sugoroku? Yugi pulled out his cell and dialed the old man.            &nbs p;   “The Temple of the Ancients? Hmm?” the old man asked. “I do believe it’s in the jungle south of Gongaga. But you need a keystone to get in. At least that’s what the report on the ruins said.”           &n bsp;    “Thanks, grandpa!” Jou called as they hung up.              ;   “So where’s this keystone?” Honda asked.            &n bsp;   “I heard Ushio bought it and has it on display at Kaiba Land,” Ryuuji replied.                 “So I guess it’s back to Kaiba Land then,” Isis said eager for another trip to the amusement park.            &nb sp;   ~~~~~~~~~~           ;        “It’d better be here cat,” grumbled Honda. He really didn’t want to come back to this place. Not after what had happened between him and Amelda.            & nbsp;   They looked around the collection gallery and sure enough inside a glass case was an odd glowing stone with strange glyphs carved into it.              ;   “This must be it,” Yugi said, staring at it in awe.            &nbs p;   “Long time no see kiddo,” Ushio said coming up behind him. Like it huh? I got it from some guy in a shack.”           & nbsp;    “Can we um… borrow it for a bit?” Isisasked, batting her eyelashes.           &nbs p;    “Heh, heh, heh,” the tall teen said, blushing slightly. “Sorry babe but it’s not for rent. But since I’m a nice guy, I’ll let you have it on one condition.”          &nb sp;     “Condition?” Yugi asked, getting a rather nasty feeling.                 “Entertain me,” Ushio explained.           &nbs p;    “Entertain you?” the shorter teen parroted.             ;    “It’s nothing too hard for a strong looking kid like you. Just go and fight some opponents in the arena at Battle Square for me. You do well, and I’ll let you have that there shiny rock.”           &n bsp;    “Looks like I’ve got no choice,” Yugi said then headed to Battle Square.            & nbsp;   To his surprise he managed to last all eight rounds even with the various restrictions he wound up getting saddled with. He also won a few nice prizes as well. Mai and Isis were both pleased with the new equipment he’d won for them.            &nb sp;   “Hmph. Is that all you’ve got?” Ushio complained, not too happy at having his best fighters lose. “A promise is a promise. The rock’s yours kid.”           &nb sp;    Glad to have gotten that over with, Yugi-tachi headed back to the gondola station so they’d be able to get on with their search for the temple. However, it was turning out not to be their day.            &nbs p;   “I’m sorry sir, but the tram’s out of order right now,” the staff member said, blocking their way. “I apologize, but you’ll have to wait until it’s repaired.”          &nbs p;     “Gee, too bad Yugi,” Ryuuji said upon hearing the bad news. “I know, why don’t we stay at the hotel? They know me here so I’ll be able to get us all a great deal.”           &n bsp;    “Like we have a choice,” grumbled Honda.            &n bsp;   “I’ll let you know as soon as the repairs are done,” the staff member said a little too cheerfully.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        & nbsp;         “Say Yugi,” Ryuuji started, while they waited for their rooms to be ready. “Why don’t you tell us what’s been going on? I missed out on a lot of stuff since I wasn’t here in the beginning.”          &nb sp;     “Yeah how ‘bout filling us noobs in?” Ryuuzaki added.            &n bsp;   “I also would like to know,” said Ryou.            &nb sp;   “I’ve been with him since the get go, and I still don’t get it,” complained Honda. “C’mon Yugi spill!”           & nbsp;    “I’m tired,” was all Yugi said, obvious not in the mood to talk. He kept getting an uneasy feeling the more he thought about the temple and he didn’t like it one darned bit.            &nbs p;   “Oh come on!” shouted Ryuuzaki. “You’re just a li’l kid. You’re young so what are you complaining about?”           & nbsp;    Yugi glared at the dinosaur loving pilot. Just because he had been short for his age didn’t mean he was a child for real. “We are going after Bakura. Bakura’s looking for a way to the Shadow Realm.”           & nbsp;    “The Shadow Realm?” Ryuuzaki asked.            &n bsp;   “It’s a place full of Mako energy. At least that’s what Kaiba believes. I don’t know if it’s real or not thought.”            ;     “We Cetra return to the Shadow Realm when we die. It’s a land of boundless happiness,” Isis explained. “That’s what my mother told me.”           &nbs p;    “Cetra? That some kinda drug or something?” Honda asked, not really listening.  He lost interest once Kaiba had been mentioned.           &nbs p;    “The Cetra are what you call the ancients,” answered Isis. “The Shadow Realm isn’t a place you can find that easily. You just wander around until you get this feeling. Like ‘this is the Shadow Realm’.”                 “Can you feel it Isis-san?” Yugi asked intrigued.           &nbs p;    “I think so.”           &nbs p;    “So Bakura’s moving around so much because he’s searching for it right?” Mai asked.            &n bsp;   “He’s also looking for something else,” Isis said solemnly.             ;    “Black materia,” piped Yugi.            &nb sp;   “Yeah,” Ryuuji added, “Ushio told me a guy in a black cape was looking for black materia.”            ;     “Just how many of these guys are there?” Mai asked remembering seeing a few men with black capes and numbers tattooed on their hands. “The ones I saw all had tattoos on their hands.”           & nbsp;    “Well my tattoo says I’m numba 13,” Jou said.            &nb sp;   “Oh yeah, how’d you get that tattoo Jou?” Yugi asked just now remembering his canine like friend had one.            &nbs p;   “Pegasus,” he spat, “The rest is all scars, but that numba’s from him.”           &nb sp;    “I guess that makes at least twelve others running out there,” said Mai.            &nbs p;   “I think maybe Pegasus did something to those poor men,” Isis piped up. “I don’t know what it has to do with Bakura, but I think we should go after just him.”           &nb sp;    “I agree with her,” Honda said, “It’s just too confusing if we start messing with those other guys.”           &n bsp;    “I’m going to bed,” announced Isis. The raven haired woman then left to check to see if a room was ready.            &n bsp;   “What was that about?” Ryuuji asked, perplexed by her sudden iciness.                 “Well if that’s all, I’m gonna go too,” Mokuba said, following after Isis.            &nb sp;   “What about this black materia stuff?” asked Ryuuji.            & nbsp;   “Forget it,” Yugi muttered, “It’s complicated. You wouldn’t understand.”          &n bsp;     “Well I really don’t care,” Honda said, getting ready to head to bed, “All this stuff will be over once we get going tomorrow!”          &nbs p;     “Yug’ you don’t think I’m gonna go nuts like them otha guys do you?” Jou asked concerned about what he heard about the other tattooed men.            &nbs p;   “I don’t know what Pegasus did to you, hon,” Mai said laying a hand on the dog like creature’s head, “But you seem to be okay.”           &n bsp;    “I know, demo (but)…”                 “Just forget about it.”           &nbs p;    “Demo…”                 “Stop whining like a lost puppy! You’ve got to be strong. For your grandfather! For us!”           &nbs p;    “Mai!” Yugi yelled.            & nbsp;   “You not the only one with worries,” she said to Jou, ruffling the soft blond fur.            &nbs p;   “I don’t like this one bit,” Ryuuji muttered.             ;    “We should head to our rooms,” Ryou said, noticing the late hour. He went to see if Ryuuzaki had heard, but found the two-toned brunet fast asleep in the chair he’d been sitting in. Shaking his head, he hefted the younger teen over his shoulder and proceeded to carry him out of the lobby.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         &nb sp;        Yugi woke to a knock at his door. Opening it, he saw Isis standing there with a mischievous look on her face.            &nb sp;   “Doushita no (What’s wrong), Isis-san?”          &nbs p;     “Want to go on a date?” she asked, giggling.             ;    “N-Nani?!”         &nbs p;      “Come on, don’t tell me you never went on dates! A cute guy like you?!”           &n bsp;    “Of course I have,” defended Yugi, blushing.             ;    “Well then, let’s go!”           &nbs p;    Before he could protest, Isis latched onto his arm and bodily forced him from his hotel room.            &nb sp;   “O-Oi!” he stammered, cursing Kaiba under his breath for making the amusement park open 24/7.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         & nbsp;        Yugi could do nothing as the persistent black haired woman dragged him all the way to Event Square. Once there, she managed to rope him into performing a rather schlocky play with her for the other tourists. ‘Well at least I don’t have to wear a dress this time,’ he thought.                 Once that horrid experience was over, Isis dragged the poor boy off to the park’s sky gondola ride.            &nb sp;   “Two please,” she said to the staff person and waited for the next available car to show up.              ;   “Enjoy the ride!” the staffer called as they entered the empty car.            &nbs p;   Isis sat across from Yugi looking out the window. Yugi however, just sat with his arms crossed across his chest, sulking. “Oh how pretty!” she suddenly exclaimed as fireworks lit up the night sky.            &nbs p;   “You know…” began Isis, “It bothered me how much you looked like my old boyfriend. You’re two completely different people, but yet you’re the same. The way you walk, gesture… It’s almost as if he’s inside you, but you’re different. Things are different…” Yugi remained silent, at a loss as to what to say to that. “Yugi... I'm searching for you. I’d like to meet you.”           &nb sp;    “Isis-san, I’m right here.”           &n bsp;    “I can see that,” she said, sounding a bit put off, “What I meant was, the real you.”           &nb sp;    ~~~~~~~~         & nbsp;        After forcing Yugi to go on a few other rides, the couple finally started making their way back to the hotel in Ghost Square. “I had fun. Let’s do this again sometime,” beamed Isis.            &nb sp;   Yugi just sulked, not pleased that he lost some of his sleeping and thinking time. Isis was about to complain, but noticed a rather familiar white moogle with a cat sitting on top of its head.            &nb sp;   “What’s Ryuuji doing out here alone?” she wondered.             ;    Curious, Yugi glanced over to where she was looking. Sure enough there was Ryuuji, something glowing in the moogle’s hand. “What the?! He’s got the keystone!” He immediately ran after the cat and moogle, Isis quickly following. After following Ryuuji they finally caught up to him at Chocobo Square where a Kaiba Corp. helicopter was waiting. The moogle threw the keystone to Malik who caught it one handed.            & nbsp;   “Well done,” he said smirking smugly.            & nbsp;   The helicopter then flew away.            &nb sp;   “Y-You traitor!” yelled Yugi, grabbing his ever handy buster sword.            &n bsp;   “I admit it,” the cat said defeatedly, “I’m a spy hired by Kaiba Corp. You can put that thing away. I’m not gonna run.”           &nb sp;    “We trusted you! I can’t believe I was so stupid,” cried Isis.            &nb sp;   “I really am sorry, can’t we just go on like nothing happened?”          &nbs p;     “Out of the question, neko (cat),” Yugi said pointing the tip of the sword at the cat’s chest.            &n bsp;   “What are you gonna do, kill me?” Ryuuji gave a bitter laugh. “You’ll only be killing a stuffed toy. My real body’s at Kaiba HQ. This is just a RC doll.”           &n bsp;    “You’re from Kaiba Corp?! Who are you?” demanded Isis.            &nb sp;   “I’m sorry, dear lady, but I can’t tell you my real name.”           &n bsp;    “This is going nowhere,” spat Yugi, utterly annoyed.                 “See, told you Yugi. It’d be best if we just kept going on our journey.”            ;     “You’ve got to be kidding if you think we’d let you come.”           &n bsp;    “I know I’m an employee of Kaiba’s, but I’m not exactly your enemy here. There’s something about you guys. I just don’t get it. You aren’t paid for anything, no one’s praising you for all this hard work. But you still keep on going, even if it may cost you your lives. Seeing you like that, makes me think about my own life. Please let go with you to the temple.”                 “Yadda, yadda, yadda,” spat Yugi. “Once a spy, always a spy.”           &nb sp;    “I had a feeling you’d be like this Yugi, so I made a few preparations.”                 “Papa! Mai!” came a familiar voice from the cat’s mouth.            &n bsp;   “T-That’s Rebecca!” Isis cried in utter shock.            &n bsp;   “Hey it’s that pretty flower lady! Hello miss flower lady!"            &n bsp;   “I think you know how this works,” came Ryuuji’s voice.            &n bsp;   “You vile…” Isis spat.            &nb sp;   “I really don’t like doing this… using little kids... But we can’t afford any compromises with the way things are. I suggest we all be good little boys and girls and continue as if nothing happened. We’ll go to the temple as planned. I’ll even show you the way since we’ve already been there. Well I’m off to bed, so oyasumi (good night).”                 Yugi sighed. “We have no choice but to listen to him.”           &nb sp;    Isis nodded solemnly. “I just hope Rebecca’s alright. I hope nothing’s happened to oka-san.” Yugi placed a hand on her shoulder, hoping that would help somewhat.             ;    “Let’s head back. It’s late.”     ~TBC~     Sakura: Bet some of you weren’t expecting that ne?   Joachim: Actually dear, I wasn’t expecting that horrid thing you put me and Leon through to get so popular so quick.   Sakura: I told you so Joachim dear all it needed was a bit more time.   Yugi: Yeah and I think that plug in the last chapter or so helped too.   Sakura: You thought that too?!   Joachim: Still no favorites or alerts though. ;_;   Sakura: Well look on the bright side, it gained 100 hits since I last put up the last chapter!   Leon: She does have a point.   Sakura: Anyhoo, I’m just soooooooooooooooo psyched that this monster’s now #2 of my most popular fics!!!!!   Joachim: Which is so unfair. Konami’s just as good as that lousy Square.   Sakura: Joachim! Watch it Mr.! I just happen to be a big fan of Square’s games! You should be happy Yugivania’s #4. That’s still in the top ten.   Leon: Again she has a point.   Joachim: You’re only saying that so she won’t torture you again.   Sakura: Play nice you two! I’m not gonna clean up the blood again. Anyhoo, minna, let me know what you think. Pleassssssssse? I really looooooooooooooove getting feedback.