Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh Style ❯ Doubts and... Uh-Oh! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh style Chapter 19: Doubts and… Uh-Oh!             & nbsp;    After Isis’s tragic murder, no one had the energy to chase after Bakura and Yugi so they decided to at least try to get some rest in one of the ruined city’s remaining houses.            & nbsp;   “I just want you all to know,” began Atem, “That I am Atem, ex-SOLDIER first class… born in Nibelheim. I’m here because I have a score to settle with Bakura.”                 “So what?” complained Ryuuzaki, “You told us that before.”                 “Yes, but I want you to know that I came here by my own free will, at least that’s what I’d like to believe. I won’t lie to you. I’m scared… scared that Bakura may be able to take control of me like he did Yugi. That is why I think I should not go with you any longer on this journey. Before that happens and I wind up killing you.” Honda was about to protest, but the spiky haired man held up his hand. “I’m not saying I’m giving up. Bakura destroyed our hometown, murdered Isis, and is now bent on destroying this planet. I’ll never forgive him! I’m not expecting any of you to trust me, but I’d like to keep going with you. That is if, you’ll have me.”           &nbs p;    “Of course we will!” Mai insisted. He gave her a small grateful smile.            &n bsp;   “I don't know what Isis was trying to do to stop Meteor, and now we may never know. But there’s still a chance! We have to get the black materia back from Bakura before he uses it!”           &nbs p;    The others still greatly affected by what happened only a few hours ago, could only nod their consent.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        &nb sp;         The next day, Atem, Jou, and Ryuuzaki formed a small group while the others went ahead to find the nearest inhabited place.            &n bsp;   “So which do ya think that creep went?” asked the two toned brunet.            & nbsp;   “After he killed her, he said he was heading north. Past the snowfields.           &nb sp;    “Then we go north,” Jou said, though he wasn’t too happy about the thought of trudging through a bunch of freezing cold snow.            &nb sp;   They eventually made their way to the tiny ski resort town of Icicle Inn after narrowly escaping freezing to death as they passed through a strange valley covered in coral and caves. Of course, they stopped to meet up with the others, get info, rest and re-supply. But when they tried to head north through the back of the town, they were blocked by a villager.             ;    It appeared that the only way down the mountain to the glacier beyond, was by snowboarding. So, of course Atem-tachi started to head back into town to see if they could find any.            &nbs p;   “Hurry! They’re here!” cried a brunette girl in a navy blue suit.            &nb sp;   “Yes, Miss!” replied the leader of the squad of Kaiba Corp. soldiers next to her. Atem laid his hand on his Buster Sword incase things got ugly.            &nb sp;   “You’re not going anyway, Yugi!” Mana yelled, not noticing the slight difference in the man’s appearance.           &nb sp;    “What are you hiding down there?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at her.            &nbs p;   “So-re himitsu (It’s a secret),” she said in a singsong voice. “Who cares anyway! How dare you try to kill my boss!!!”                 “Boss? Are you talkin’ ‘bout Malik?” asked Jou.            &nbs p;   “We didn’t do it, toots,” Ryuuzaki added.            &n bsp;   “I’m not stupid!” she shot back. “You’re a big, fat liar!”           &n bsp;    “It was Bakura.” But Atem’s words fell on deaf ears.            &nb sp;   “Yeah right! I’ll NEVER forgive you!” She was practically shaking with fury, tears threatening to leave the confines of her eyes. “You’re going to suffer! Just like he did!”           &nb sp;    The squad leader stepped between them. “Bring it punk!” he spat, “Jes’ you ‘n’ me!”           &nbs p;    “No!” ordered the brunette, “I’ll handle it!”           &nbs p;    “But, ma’am,” the soldier pleaded.                 She pushed the soldier aside and raised her fist. Just as the punch was about land on the spiky haired man’s jaw, Atem step to one side and the poor Ghouls member stumbled backwards and was sent rolling down the hill and out of the village.                 “M-Miss Mana!” the squad leader cried, and dashed down after her, followed by a rather confused and somewhat amused group of Kaiba Corp. goons.   ~~~~~~~~~~          & nbsp;       Atem found himself lying on a mat inside what seemed to be a log cabin of some sort, Honda and Jou were also lying nearby. Apparently someone must have found them and brought them there after they collapsed from exposure to the extreme cold.            &nb sp;   “Whoa! You’re awake,” said an elderly man, coming into the cabin’s main room from outside.          “It’s been at least twenty years since I’ve seen anyone in these parts. Oh! Where are my manners, I’m Holzoff. And you are?”           &nb sp;    “Atem,” he replied.                 “You’ll really lucky to be alive, young man. Oh don’t worry,” he said noticing Atem’s worried glances toward the others, “They’ll be just fine, let them sleep it off a bit. If you don’t mind, I’d like to talk to you. Come with me, we can talk in here.” He then led him into what appeared to be some kind of large storage room/root cellar.            & nbsp;   “Ever hear about those who tried to climb those cliffs behind here?”           &n bsp;    “Um… not really,” Atem said, remembering the large walls of snow and ice they’d seen earlier.                 “Well, there’s this old legend about something falling from the sky a really long time ago. That’s how the cliffs were born. Around thirty years ago, my pal Yamski and I decided to go and climb them there cliffs to see what was behind them. We were stupid then. Oh sure we knew it’d be cold out there, but we didn’t expect to run into the subzero wind that’s always blowing up there. While we were climbing Yamski cut his rope. I never noticed til it was too late. It was then that I vowed to never let anything like that happened again, so I stay here so I can warn any darned fool stupid enough to challenge them cliffs. I can tell you ain’t gonna listen, I can see it in your eyes so I’ll give you some free advice. You’ve gotta keep an eye on your route at all times, it’s really easy to get lost in all that snow, and two once you get to a ledge, you’ve gotta move around a bit to warm yourself up or you’ll freeze. You got that, young man?”           &nb sp;    “Hai,” replied Atem, concerned that they weren’t going to be able to make it over the cliffs.            & nbsp;   “Well you’d better get some more rest, son. It’s getting late and them cliffs ain’t going anywhere. You can start out when you’re all warmed up and recharged.”     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      &n bsp;           The next day, the rest of AVALANCHE had met up with Atem’s group and they were now outside Holzoff’s cabin, planning the next leg of their journey. “I’ve been thinking,” Honda said as they watched Mokuba go over their materia under the watchful eyes of Mai and Ryuuzaki.             ;    “About what?” asked their spiky haired leader.            & nbsp;   “How this place reminds me how awesome nature can be. Don’t get me wrong, the view’s really something, but you’d gotta be nuts to wanna live way out here. You know, if I had to live here, I’d make it a heck lot better, like Domino maybe. Kaiba Corp. did have some good stuff.” The tall teen then let out a growl that was somewhere between surprise and anger. “What the *bleep* am I saying?! Kaiba good?! My brain musta froze over or something.”          &nb sp;     Atem couldn’t help snicker, which he promptly suppressed “Ryuuzaki, Honda and I will secure a route. You follow later,” he said to the others.            & nbsp;   Mai nodded, “Just be careful out there hon,” she said. Atem gave her reassuring smile before heading off to climb the cliffs.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~          &n bsp;         A few hours later Atem’s team finally reached the top of the cliffs. The spiky haired man stared in awe at an enormous crater, probably larger than Domino, surrounded by an equally enormous barrier of what appeared to be mako energy while the aurora borealis shimmered in the unending night sky, echoing the lightshow from the crater.            & nbsp;   “A crater… something falling from the sky… leaving a scar on the planet,” he said, remembering the words of Soguroku, Isis, and Holzoff.                 “So that’s what they meant by the energy going to heal the planet,” Honda said, just as amazed at the sight.            &n bsp;   “Bakura’s going to use that energy to summon Meteor. This time there won’t be a crater that big, it’ll be worse.”           & nbsp;    “Matte!(Wait)” cried Mai as they started down the other side of the cliffs. “I’m going with you! No ands, ifs, or buts! You’re not the only one who’s lost a lot because of that *bleep*.”            ;     “If that’s what you want,” Atem replied, knowing there’d be no stopping the blonde even if they tried.            &n bsp;   When they reached the edge of the crater, they gasped as the airship they saw back at Junon fly overhead.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~   Meanwhile inside the Black Tyranno…            ;     “It’s about time you found him!” grumbled Seto as he peered out the window at the crater. The brunette in the slutty red dress began laughing.             ;    “This is wonderful!” she crowed.            & nbsp;   “So this is what the old man was looking for,” Marik mused.            &n bsp;   “Yeah, but I’m the one who got it,” boasted the current president.           &nbs p;    “Do you really think that Kaiba-boy,” laughed Pegasus, “That place belongs to no one. They’ll all come here for the Reunion. I wonder what we’ll see…”          &n bsp;     “Shut up you fool,” spat Seto. The mad scientist got on his nerves way too much for his liking.     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         ;          While that was going on above, Atem-tachi had moved into the crater. While dodging the extremely high winds, and various monsters, they had come across a procession of hooded figures, all of them in black.            &n bsp;   “End of the line you pathetic mortals!” cried Bakura who stood in front of the procession. He then began to slash at the hooded figures, several of them falling deeper into the crater.            & nbsp;   “Bakura!!!” yelled Atem, ready to rush headlong into battle.            & nbsp;   “You’re gonna get sent back to the ice age!” Ryuuzaki added.            &n bsp;   “I don’t think so,” retorted the silver haired maniac, “It’ll be this body that goes to the ice age. He then disappeared as they were forced to cover their eyes from the stinging winds.            &n bsp;   “He’s gone!” said Atem.            &nb sp;   “I don’t know,” said Mai, getting an uneasy feeling, “He could still be around somewhere.           &nbs p;    “We must bring the black materia to our master,” came Yugi’s voice.            &n bsp;   “Yugi?!” Atem cried, eyes darting everywhere for any sign of his smaller look-a-like. “What do you mean our?!”           &n bsp;    “You ok?” Ryuuzaki asked, concerned. Apparently, he hadn’t heard Yugi’s voice. In fact neither did Jou.            &nbs p;   “Those who have Zorc’s cells in their body,” replied Yugi. Atem winced, finally remembering some of the process they’d gone through when he and Yugi had first entered SOLDIER.                 “Just what did you mean by master?” he asked, still not knowing where the boy was.            &nbs p;   “Why Bakura-sama of course!” Yugi answered, laughing. “Master’s waiting for me, so I’ve got to go. Oh yeah! He said to give you this!”           &n bsp;    Suddenly yet another piece of Zorc’s missing body appeared in front of them and the group was forced to defend themselves while the traitorous clone had made his escape. “This thing just keeps on gettin’ uglier,” spat Jou as he lunged for the monster.                 Once the horrid thing was dealt with, a stone as black as the depths of outer space fell from the remains. Atem ran ahead ignoring the materia for the moment, desperately searching for Yugi and Bakura. “So that’s what all this is about…” he murmured, “Zorc’s cells… the Zorc Reunion.”            ;     “What are you saying, Atem?” Mai asked. “Are you trying to say that that wasn’t Bakura?!”            ;     “Not now Mai,” he answered, “We’ve got to stop Bakura first. I’ll explain when we have more time.”           &n bsp;    “But, Bakura…”           ;      “He’s just below,” Atem said, not paying attention to her, “I can feel something really stong, cruel and evil.” He picked up the evil looking stone and turned to the others, trying to decide who to give it to, he most certainly couldn’t trust himself since he had Zorc’s cells in his body like Yugi. “We have the black materia,” he said, “Now all we have to do is deal with Bakura and get Yugi back.”           &n bsp;    “You right!” piped up Mai, “But I don’t think we should take that thing with us, she said, guessing his mind. “Why not give it to one of us to hold onto?”           &n bsp;    Nodding, he gave it to Jou. “Aw man, why do I gotta be the one stuck with dis thing?” the dog like creature muttered under his breath.            & nbsp;   “Don’t give it to ANYONE,” warned Atem. He then started off deeper into the crater, followed by Mai and Honda.            &n bsp;   When they finally reached the bottom of the crater, Mai gasped in horror. They had appeared to have somehow wound back at Nibelheim. “What the *bleep* is going on?!” she yelled.            & nbsp;   “Easy Mai,” Atem said trying to calm the frightened blonde, “Bakura’s near. This is probably his doing.”           & nbsp;    “Why this place?!” Honda asked, equally on edge.            &nb sp;   “Bakura’s playing with our heads,” Atem said, grimly. “His trying to confuse us so’d we give up and leave.”           & nbsp;    “You may be right,” agreed Mai. She grabbed the spiky haired man’s elbow and pointed at looked at what had to be a recording of five years ago. “Look!”          & nbsp;     “Let’s go,” said Bakura to his squad.            &n bsp;   “Hey!” piped up Honda, “I don’t see Yugi.”           &n bsp;    “I don’t like this…” Mai muttered to herself.                 “It’s only an illusion,” Atem whispered trying to block out the vision.            & nbsp;   “Hon, you’re absolutely right,” said Mai as the vision disappeared. “It’s just some sick mind trick of his.” Suddenly another one appeared.             ;    “Great what now,” groaned their leader.            & nbsp;   “Just quit it already!!” shouted Mai, getting strangely nervous.                 “Is it just me or is any of you getting the willies from all this?” queried Honda.            &n bsp;   “It’s nothing!” Atem yelled, trying to convince himself. “I bet it won’t be Yugi who comes out of that mansion, you’ll see.” The figure who came from the burning mansion was indeed not Yugi, but Atem!            &nb sp;   “Hey you’re still sane right?!” asked Mai’s sensei as he came running up to him. “Help me look for survivors!”          &nb sp;     “Don’t look Atem!” pleaded Mai, “Shut your eyes!”           &n bsp;    “Mai, it’s only an illusion,” he said nonchalantly. “Bakura! I know you can hear me! Tell me are you trying to say that Yugi wasn’t in Nibelheim five years ago?!”           &n bsp;    “So you finally grew a brain!” came Bakura’s mocking voice.            &n bsp;   “No matter how much you try to fool me, it won’t work,” he retorted, “I can still feel the heat of the fire, the pain. My body remembers it all!!!”           & nbsp;    “I wouldn’t be so sure, puppet,” the former ex-commander said with a barking laugh. “Toys like you don’t have hearts so you can’t feel pain. What you think you remember is the illusion!  What I showed you is the truth!”           & nbsp;    “Why are you doing this!!”           & nbsp;    “My dear Atem, I only want for you to realize you’ve been fooled,” Bakura said in mock kindness. “Hah! Who knew a couple of failed experiments would end up being so useful. Pegasus would have a cow if he found out.”           &nb sp;    “What the *bleep* does Pegasus have to do with all this?!”           & nbsp;    “Why everything!” he said, the smirk clearly audible in the man’s voice. “He practically made you! Five years ago after Nibelheim, Pegasus constructed a puppet out of Zorc’s cells, alive with his power and knowledge of mako. That useless puppet is you! That’s your reality!”            ;     “Don’t listen to him!” begged Mai, clearly anxious by the maniac’s words. “Just shut your ears! Shut your eyes!”           &n bsp;    “I’m alright Mai,” he reassured, “I’m not even paying attention to him.”           &nb sp;    “What he’s been saying is a total lie! You have memories of when we were kids right?!” the poor girl was near hysterics.           &nbs p;    “What’s the matter dear?” sneered Bakura’s voice, “Not feeling well? Should I show them what’s in that oh so lovely heart of yours?”           & nbsp;    “Mai? Tell me the truth, is that *bleep* right?” pleaded Atem.            &nb sp;   “Atem, I…” The blonde couldn’t finish.            & nbsp;   “It’s ok, Mai. I’ll never believe him no matter what he says! I may get confused as to who I am, Yugi’s and my memories are all messed up. But I’m sure, no matter what, that I’m the one you grew up with. I am Atem of Nibelheim. No matter what anyone else says, that’s who I’ll always be.”           &nbs p;    “Atem…” Mai looked away, unable to look him in the eye. “That’s not true.”           &n bsp;    “What do you mean? Aren’t I the one you grew up with?”           &n bsp;    “That’s not what I mean,” she said solemnly, “I… give me some more time, Atem, I’ll explain then.”           &n bsp;    “I wouldn’t blame her,” came Bakura’s voice, once again reminding them that he was still there. “Just like Zorc, you have the power to change your face, your voice. Your cells have merged with that girl’s memories. There might have been someone named Atem or maybe it was Yugi.” He laughed, enjoying the confusion he had created.                 “Just don’t think about it for now, please Atem,” she begged the spiky haired man.            &nbs p;   “Oh that’s a good one!” chortled the maniac, “Think! Ha ha ha! Atem! There is no Atem, Pegasus never gave you a name! Bwa ha ha!”           &nbs p;    “Urusai!” spat the rather irate Bakura.            & nbsp;   “Boy are you dumb!” laughed Bakura “What about that ridiculous picture we had taken? You do remember that do you? It was just before we went to Mt. Nibel. I wonder what happened to it. It did turn out rather nice.”           &n bsp;    “Atem, please…”           ;      “Even if I’m not in it, it shouldn’t matter right? We’re just stuck in one of Bakura’s insane illusions.”          &nb sp;     Mai sighed, knowing there was no way around it, she had let him see him the picture. Suddenly, Bakura appeared before them and bent to the corpse of the man who’d taken their picture five years ago. He smirked as he picked up something lying next to it. He handed it to Atem, sneering derisively at him.            &nbs p;   The spiky haired man couldn’t stop the gasp that escaped. Just as he’d expected, the picture consisted of Bakura, Mai, and a happily grinning Yugi, standing next to the former commander, trying to keep his hands to himself and failing.                 “Hmph, nice fake,” he said chucking it back at the silver haired maniac. “My memory holds the truth. I came back to Nibelheim five years ago, I was about fifteen. The town was just as I had left it. After we spent the night, we headed to the reactor. I was so excited then, I had just made SOLDIER first class.” He paused when he felt a quick flash of pain in his head. “When was that? When did I enter SOLDIER? How? Why can’t I remember?!” He winced as the pain became worse the more he tried to remember. “Forget it!” he said, tossing the confusing memories aside. “It’s doesn’t matter anyway.”                 “Atem?” Mai asked, fearing for her friend.            & nbsp;   “It’s ok Mai, let’s go.”           &nbs p;    Mai sighed again, silently praying that he would never really find out the truth about five years ago. About who she really grew up with. She quickly ran after him as he started heading toward the crater’s epicenter.           &nbs p;    When they reached there, they gasped at the sight. All around them were what appeared to be trees made of pure materia. The light was so bright it was almost blinding due to the reflectivity of the crystalline structures. They would have continued to be awed by the area if they hadn’t found that they were not the first one’s there. Kaiba and his goons had beat them!            &nb sp;   “This is incredible!” squealed the slutty br unette, “Just look at all this material!”          &nbs p;     “This has got to be the Shadow Realm,” said the president, “No matter where we go in here, it’s rich it mako energy!”                 “Oh do stop being ridiculous, Kaiba-boy,” scoffed Pegasus, “The Shadow Realm doesn’t exist. It’s just a bunch of old wives’ tales.”           & nbsp;    “Hmph. What would you know you second rate freak,” spat Kaiba, “This is better than I had imagined!”          &nbs p;     There was a slight rumbling and the surrounding materia shook a bit. “There’s something moving behind that wall!” cried the girl.            &nb sp;   “Weapon…” mumbled Pegasus, “So it really does exist.”           & nbsp;    “What are you mumbling about now?!” demanded Seto.            &nb sp;   “A monster created by this planet. According to legend, it appears when the world’s in danger. At least that’s what Professor Hawkins wrote in his report. It was said to leave total devastation wherever it went.”           &n bsp;    “What report?! I never saw it! Where is it?!”           &nb sp;    “Why right here, Kaiba-boy,” the silver haired freak, um scientist, said pointing to his head.            &nb sp;   “Just what else have you been hiding,” muttered Seto, not liking that one of his employees was keeping secrets.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~   Meanwhile, back with Jou and the others…                 “I hope Atem’s ok,” Jou said, the black materia between his paws as he lay on the ground to wait. “I still can’t believe that dis little rock’s gonna destroy a whole planet.” Suddenly all light was extinguished, leaving them in complete darkness. “What the *bleep*?!” he cried, shaking nervously. He never really did like the dark. “What’s goin’ on? You guys still there?”           & nbsp;    Mai came running up to him. “You’re here, Jounouchi! I’m so relieved!” the blonde cried, giving him a huge hug.            &nbs p;   “Um… Mai how come it got so weird alla sudden? What happened?!”          &nb sp;     “Atem needs your help!” insisted the blonde, pulling at him. “He’s over there!”           & nbsp;    “Ok! I’m coming!” he said leaping onto his feet, making sure the materia was safely tucked into one of the bracelets he’d been given back at Junon.            &n bsp;   “Oh and don’t forget the black materia,” Mai called, giggling ominously. ‘Sucker!’ she thought quietly as the dog like creature followed her down into the crater.   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   At the epicenter…          &nb sp;     “Set- I mean, Mr. President, sir,” the brunette said, shaking nervously. “This place is giving me the creeps.”                 “Hmm,” he replied, silently agreeing with her, “We need to prepare to inspect this place further. Let’s go!”           &nbs p;    “Where’d he come from?!” Anzu shouted as Atem suddenly appeared from the center’s entrance.             ;    “You’d better leave as quick as you can, Kaiba,” he warned, not liking the uneasy feeling he was getting from the place. “It’s going to get rough, let me handle it.”           &nbs p;    “Just what are you talking about? Let you handle what?”           &n bsp;    The spiky haired man’s crimson eyes suddenly went blank. It appeared he was now in some kind of trance. “This is where everything begins and ends,” he said woodenly, “Reunion.”         &nbs p;      “Atem!” called Mai as she ran up to him.            &nbs p;   “Here I come to save the day!” cried Jou as he joined them.            &nb sp;   “Thanks Jounouchi,” he said, “Where’s the black materia?” The dog like creature smiled at him proudly, not noticing the odd look on his leader’s face.            &nb sp;   “Atem! Snap out of it!” shouted Mai, but her voice sounded as if were miles away to his ears.            &nb sp;   “I’ve got it right here, bud!” Jou replied, holding up one paw.            &nbs p;   “Good, I’ll take it from here.”           &n bsp;    “Why can’t you hear me?!” cried Mai, watching them with growing anxiety.                 “You sure?” Atem nodded. “Ok. Hate to say it, but I’m kinda glad to get rid of that thing.  It was creepin’ me out thinkin’ about it!”           &nbs p;    “Stop Atem! Don’t do it!” Mai begged once more, only guessing what was going to happen next.            &nb sp;   “Thanks, you’re a good friend,” Atem said, taking the offered stone.            &n bsp;   <<Atem,>> said Yugi’s voice through the mind link they once shared. <<I need that. Please give it to me>>           &nbs p;    “You’ve all been such good friends to me,” Atem said sadly. He turned to Seto and gave him an apologetic look, “Gomen.” He turned back to the others who had now shown up after realizing that Jou was gone. “I’m so sorry, minna. You kept insisting that I was the real me, Mai. I wish it didn’t have to be like this. Maybe one day you’ll meet the real Yugi and Atem.”           &n bsp;    “Oh this is just wonderful!” crowed Pegasus, “This means my experiment was a success! Which number are you?”           &nb sp;    Atem turned to face the mad scientist. “I don’t have a number, Professor Pegasus. You never gave me one because I was a failure.”            ;     “What the?!” The silver haired scientist had a look of utter shock on his face. “You mean only the failure made it here?!”           & nbsp;    “Please, Professor, give me a number!” he begged, grabbing onto the man’s lab coat.            &nb sp;   “Get away you miserable failure!” he cried in utter disgust.                 Suddenly, Atem began to float up to one of the larger clusters of materia.                 “Just who was that?!” demanded Seto.            &nb sp;   “A failed Bakura clone I made after the real Bakura died,” explained Pegasus, going into lecture mode. “I gave him life with the combination of my knowledge and wonderful skills along with Zorc cells and mako. I’m not too happy that only the failure made it here, but at least the Zorc Reunion theory has been proven. Even if his body is dismembered, Zorc will eventually be whole again. That’s what Zorc Reunion means. It’s been five years, but the clones I’ve made are beginning to return. I made one wrong computation though. I thought that they’d reunite at the Kaiba Corp. Building in Domino, where we had Zorc’s body, but it suddenly started moving AWAY from us. But I’m not a genius for nothing Kaiba-boy. I soon figured it out that Bakura was the one pulling the strings. It seems that he’s not too happy to just disappear into the Lifefstream.”          & nbsp;     “That’s how it all started,” mumbled Atem, listening in from above.            &n bsp;   “I never really did figure out where they were going,” admitted Pegasus, “Until now that is.”           &nbs p;    Atem smirked as he landed on a ‘branch’ above, standing upside down on its underside. “It was the same for me,” he mocked.            & nbsp;   “However, I knew that wherever it was, Bakura had to be at the end.”           &nb sp;    “I wasn’t following him,” Atem spat bitterly, “He was calling me! He made sure I’d never forget him by blocking everything else but the anger and hatred I felt for him. Bakura-sama!” he called, still controlled by the cells buried deep in his body. “I’m here! Here’s your precious materia!”            ;     There was a loud cracking noise and the materia at the ‘ceiling’ broke apart. A huge crystal like coffin slid down, stopping about a few feet above them. Inside were not exactly what any of them ever expected. Bakura was incased within the crystal, but so was Yugi! The smaller teen was on his side, curled around a very naked Bakura, a huge smile on his face as he and his lover slept on.              ;   “This is perfect!” crowed Pegasus. “I knew he had to be here!”           &n bsp;    “What are you so happy about!” spat Mai, punching the scientist only to have it blocked by one of Kaiba’s soldiers. “Don’t realize what’s going on?! Atem’s got the black materia! Bakura’s gonna summon Meteor!”                 “We’re leaving!” ordered Seto. “You all are coming with me. I want an explanation from you all!”           &nb sp;    “Hey! Atem!” shouted Honda. “Snap outta it man!”           &nb sp;    “Atttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!” screamed Mai as she was forcibly dragged toward the waiting airship.                 But they were miles away as far as he was concerned. Atem smiled lovingly at the two sleeping peacefully in the coffin. He took out the dark stone and pressed it against the crystal like substance. It warped just enough for his hand to slip in and the materia floated out of his offered hand. He withdrew his hand and that was when all hell broke loose.   ~TBC!!!!~     Sakura: Whew! As if things couldn’t get any worse!   Yami: Just what did you think you’d accomplish with all that, onna?   Sakura: Hey! Shut it baka no pharaoh! I gave you the more lines you kept bugging me for! Would you rather have Yugi go through all that?   Yami: …   Sakura: Didn’t think so.   Bakura: Hey?! When do I get to kick his royal @$$?!   Sakura: Don’t know Bakura-sama. You’ll just have to settle for the emotional torture for now.   Bakura: That I can do. It’s rather fun. (eg)   Sakura: Tell me about it. ^_^   Ed: Freaks.   Sakura: What was that Hagane-chibi?   Ed: Uh… coming Al!!   Sakura: Well g2g minna. See ya next chappie!!!! Oh yeah, don’t forget the feedback!!!