Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect World ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And I can be really lazy ‘bout disclaimers sometimes… Disclaimer: Yu-gi-Oh! Belongs to Kazuki Takahashi and a host of other rich bastards. Not that I think Kazuki is a bastard, but as for the others, well… anyways. I make no profit off this fanfic and it belongs to me under international copyright law, so don’t steal my writing, kk? Chapter 10               ; Mahaado found Bakura not days later, when he returned, this time, dragging the mummy of King Akunumkanon behind him. Mahaado stifled a snort as he stood slightly behind Yami’s throne, waiting…              There were shocked gasps and exclamations from all.             Well, Bakura *was* wearing the Sennen Eye… that might contribute to some of it. Mahaado felt Yami tense slightly.             ; < Shall we? >             < Yes, it’s time… >             &nb sp; Yami stood, shaking. “F-Father…”        &nb sp;    Shimon smiled faintly, finally, the Pharaoh seemed to have woken from his drugged state, but was it enough? And at such a time!
            ; Shadah gasped, summoning Twin-Headed Jackal Warrior to deal with this threat. Mahaado and Mana respectively summoned fourth Magician of Illusions and Black Magician Girl, Aishizu called Supiera…              In response, Diabound was released. Karim sucked in a breath at the sight of that monster. What terrible hatred faced them…!           &n bsp; What were they to do now?             &nb sp; Mahaado and Mana nodded to each other and Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl activated something equivalent to the Magician’s Cross Card combining the power of their two monsters only instead of doing 3000 it rose to 4000…           &nb sp; Bakura staggered back quite a ways from the impact, and his Ba gauge dropped dramatically. Shadah hurriedly tied Diabound up with Kunai with Chain while Supiera protected her comrades with a Rainbow Barrier.             Excellent teamwork, Shimon thought proudly. Ah, if only they could be like this all the time…           &nb sp; Bakura fled before they could do anything else, although Shadah’s Jackal was almost dragged off with him. The Priest of the Ankh frowned.             Bakura – that was the legendary Thief King? The one who had… well, he had pillaged Pharaoh Akunumkanon’s tomb!             Mahaado was most displeased and everyone could tell. After all, this was like a failure of his duty, only now, there was no Seto around to berate him for it.             Perhaps that was a bad omen…            &n bsp;  “Well, teacher, we did well.”           &n bsp; “That we did…”          &nb sp;  “I do think I should feel worse over my father…” Yami said, “But we’ll take it step by step.”           &n bsp; Mahaado smiled as he cast his eyes around. Nothing, but one can never be too careful…the walls in the palace have ears…           &nb sp; < Masterful acting. And Shimon is ever so glad that you have finally awoken and can embrace your proper destiny… >              < The man is an old fool. >             < Indeed. >             &nb sp; Bakura found himself retching up everything he had eaten in the past few days. It wasn’t air, but somehow, something had happened and how he was…           &nbs p; Well, whatever it was, it wasn’t good.             Mahaado smirked slightly as he watched from a distance, the raven not bothering to explain his presence. So… Bakura was already changing. Amazing, because he hadn’t even had any red stones yet.             Perhaps it was because he had been in close proximity of the creation spell for the Sennen Items and therefore absorbed some of the Shadow Realm’s dark energy?             That could be it…             ; Making his presence known, the raven flew overhead and dropped a small chunk of glowing red stone. Bakura picked it up, feeling odd… before he put it in his mouth, chewed, and swallowed.           &nbs p; Eyes immediately began to glow with laughter.             ;             “It seems that Greed… has been reborn…”              “It seems so, my Pharaoh.”            ;  Yami frowned slightly. “Is it odd that I am not yet accustomed to that title?”           & nbsp; “Should you be?” Mahado asked in response, eyes darkened with something akin to possession, although he would have denied it.             “Never you fret. I’ve eternity to see how it works.”           & nbsp; Mahaado smiled in response, eyes bright. “I understand, my Pharaoh.”            ;  I understand completely….          &n bsp;  Perhaps it is because I am the elder, if only by mere hours… but the black blood runs red in our veins and we become more than humans.             Not Gods, oh no, we will not reach that high, but… even so, Pharaoh is Horus-on-earth… and I am now his consort.             Should I be pleased? I do love him, if what such as we possess can still be termed love. Perhaps tis mere affection, but an affection that transcends death…           &n bsp; Isn’t it odd?             &nb sp; There was a soft footfall. Mahaado and Yami did not move. They saw a golden eye peek over the rim, followed by a normal one.             Ah… Bakura… or more precisely…          &nbs p;  “So you’re the ones. I should have known.” Bakura smirked. “I wonder what you are? Envy, perhaps?”            ;  Mahaado smirked coolly. “Guess.”              “Well, no, perhaps the Pharaoh is Envy… after all, he seems quite unsettled… no? Then Sloth? If my presence commands no attention…”         &nb sp;   “You think too highly of yourself, Greed…”              “Perhaps I do, perhaps I do!” Bakura laughed. “So now we are… how many?”            & nbsp;  “Five.”          & nbsp;  “Five… and I get this chunk of gold to go along with it. Wonderful, wonderful…”         &nb sp;   “This does not in any way imply anything.”          &nbs p;  “Ah, yes Pharaoh. Pity I cannot kill you now. Still, your dear old father went quite easily…” He frowned at Yami’s smile.             “Did he?” Mahaado asked wryly.             “You’re in charge of the Tombs…”          & nbsp;  “And so I am, but perhaps I shirk my duty?”           &n bsp; “Oh no, all of Egypt knows of your vaunted loyalty. But in it’s own way it’s quite treacherous, in my opinion. If you ever got it into your head to betray him…”          &nb sp;  “Thankfully,” Yami cut in, “That is not a concern of mine.”           &n bsp; “And you seem much more awake now. An act, earlier?”            ;  “Of course.”              “Well, one against four isn’t good odds, with you all on even footing with me…”          &nbs p;  “Not quite. You’re still human, at least a bit. It’ll take a few days.” Mahaado smirked in response, “For your body to accustom itself to the red stone…”          & nbsp;  “And you’re the only one who knows how to make it, Priest?”
         &n bsp;  “One other, but her secrets are mine and she betrays me not…”          &nb sp;  “Very well. You stay out of my way... and I stay out of yours. Sound fair?”           &n bsp; “Fair.” Yami conceded.             ; They needed no oaths. The red stone bound them all together like leaden chains…   End Chapter Completed 10/9/05 Bakura: I’m so OOC Phantomness: Apologies Mahaado: She’s lying through her teeth Phantomness: Hm, better put that in the warnings then…            &n bsp;            &nbs p;               ;                                           & nbsp;           &nbs p;                           &n bsp;