Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ a burning desire to duel ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hey you guys, how have you been?" Tyrone greeted as he appeared from the bushes.
"Tyrone, what are you doing here?" asked Boss.
"Well, I was on my way to the Duel House and issue a challenge to Jam over there. But since you're here and I'm here, my troubles have been saved."
"You know this isn't the time for a duel, especially after what we just went through."
"If you guys have anything else you're gonna do in the immediate future, say so now." Everyone was silent. "I guess not... now then Jam, let's get it on."
"You want a duel against me, fine." Jam said.
"Great, I need a practice partner in order to test my improved deck."
"You improved your deck, huh? Let's hope it's not cheap." said Sparkle.
"Still bitter from your tournament loss to me, are you? No problem, we'll get along eventually."
 
Jam and Tyrone went off and began their duel as everyone watched. "Okay Tyrone, let's see what you've got." said Jam.
"Cool, but I want second draw." said Tyrone.
"Okay, sure." Jam then looked at the six cards he drew. Man, this is a bad hand. he thought. At least I have options, thank goodness. Jam then smiled. "I'll throw these two cards down and end my turn."
Tyrone draws. "Here we go. I'll start out by throwing this face down and summoning something familiar, my Solar Flare Dragon." Tyrone's monster hit the field (1500/1000).
"Not this time. I activate Forced Back, returning your dragon to you."
Tyrone took his dragon back. "No problem, I'll now activate my Blaze Accelerator and end my turn." An odd cannon on a tripod appeared on Tyrone's side of the field.
What does that do? Jam draws. "Now let's have a hand for that good old fashioned Mirage Dragon." Jam put a monster on the field (1600/600). "Now attack with Illusion Scythe."
Jam's dragon goes in for the attack. I can't stop that if I tried. thought Tyrone, then he took his blow <6400>.
"Your turn, T." Jam ended his move.
Tyrone draws. "I'll place one monster face down and that's it."
"Tell me something, why do you want to face me now, when I come back from my trip?"
"I figure that you would be the one who could give my soul the chicken soup it needs with this deck. Besides, I figure I would give you a good duel anyway."
Jam draws. "To be honest with you, I didn't get in one duel at all during my trip around the world."
"You're kidding..."
"Sadly, I'm not. So I guess you're the duelist that'll put oil on my rusty gears."
 
"Interesting."
"Now your challenge will be rewarded with another new friend of mine."
"Really?"
"Yes, I've come across a few new dragons during my trip and I think I'll show you one. He's also a rare one too..."
"Okay, impress me."
"Fine. Say hello to my new friend, Hunter Dragon." Jam's new dragon came to the field (1700/100).
Some of the hams didn't settle well with how this dragon looked. "That's a dragon?" asked a disdainful Pashmina.
"Not a real looker, that's for sure." said Sparkle.
"Looks aren't everything, Sparkle." said Stan. "I personally think this new dragon is cool."
"It sure is strong." said Cappy. "Does it have any special abilities?"
"Nope, Hunter's a normal dragon." Jam answered.
"That's a sweet card." said Tyrone.
"I knew you'd like him. Now let's have some fun. Hunter Dragon, attack."
Jam's dragon attacks and flips Tyrone's monster (1200/600). "What the heck is that?" asked Cappy.
"This is my Volcanic Blaster." Tyrone explained. "And since you just sent it to the graveyard, I can take a Volcanic monster in my deck and place it on top of my deck." and Tyrone resolves this effect.
 
"No matter," said Jam. "I still have my Mirage Dragon. Attack!"
Tyrone took another shot <4800>. "Huh..."
"Your turn."
Tyrone draws. "Now we're in business... I bet you're wondering about my Blaze Accelerator, so now's the time to put it to work. First, I take a Pyro monster in my hand with 500 ATK points or less, which my top card Volcanic Scattershot is and load it into the Baze Accelerator. Now I can destroy one of your monsters. So long, Mirage Dragon." Tyrone's spell fired his discarded monster at the Mirage Dragon, destroying it. "But that's not all, Scattershot's effect mean it doesn't shoot off alone. I'll take one more from my deck and drop your Hunter Dragon as well." and Jam's second dragon was destroyed. "Not too shabby, huh? And when Volcanic Scattershot is sent to the graveyard, you lose 500 life points... or 1000 in this case."
"Clever." said Jam <7000>.
"The downside to using my Blaze Accelerator is that I can't attack this turn, but my Solar Flare Dragon's effect will have to do for now." Tyrone summoned the Solar Flare Dragon to his side of the field and used its effect to deal 500 more damage out to Jam <6500>.
"Even with your upgraded deck, you're still using cheap tricks." said Sparkle.
"Strategy is never cheap, baby."
Jam draws. "I think I'll take this time and summon Cyberdark Edge to the field." and Jam's next monster appeared (800/800).
Cyberdark Edge... that's a piece of the Cyberdark Dragon. thought Stan.
"Now Edge, activate Dragon Dive." Jam announced and his monster followed suit, vanishing into Jam's duel disk.
"What just happened?" asked Tyrone.
"That's right, you don't know about this part." said Jam.
CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK.
"What's with that sound?" asked Tyrone.
"Listen up. When Cyberdark Edge is summoned it can dive into my graveyard and search for a low-level dragon. That sound means that he has attatched himself to its choice. Now come on back, Edge."
"O-kay..."
 
Jam's Cyberdark Edge returned to the field attatched to Hunter Dragon. He then continued explaining. "As you can see, it chose Hunter Dragon. Now Hunter Dragon's attack points are added to the attack points of Cyberdark Edge (2500 ATK)."
"Okay, that is new."
"But Edge can only do that with dragons that have no more than three stars, which Hunter has exactly."
"Not bad."
"Cyberdark Edge, use Hunter Dragon and attack the Solar Flare Dragon. Cyberdark Slash!"
Tyrone simply clapped at the move that Jam just did <4600>. Huh, this must be what Jam used to beat Hiei. he thought.
"Okay Tyrone, it's on you."
Tyrone draws. "Now I activate the spell card, Wild Fire."
"How does that work?"
"First, it costs 500 life points to play <4100>. Now this sadly destroys my Blaze Accelerator, but it also destroys every monster on the field." Wild Fire destroys Cyberdark Edge. "Lastly, it leaves behind a 'Wild Fire Token' (1000/1000). Though I can't attack you, I will play Ultimate Baseball Kid and he gets a boost thanks to my token (1500/1000). Your move."
Jam draws. "One monster in defense mode and I'll end my turn."
Tyrone draws. "Now normally, I'd activate my Ultimate Baseball Kid, but I got another idea. I'll sacrifice him and my Wild Fire Token and summon my Flame Ogre (2400/1700). Now when this guy gets summoned to the field, I get to draw a card..." Tyrone does that, "Now I'll activate Molten Destruction."
 
The field changes so that the entire area is covered with erupting volcanoes. "Lovely, now his oger gets a boost." said Jam.
"Good, you remembered." said Tyrone (2900/1300). "Now burn him, Flame Ogre." Tyrone's monster flips up and destroys Jam's dragon. "What a shame, that Dragon Dwelling in the Cave couldn't take the heat. Your turn."
Jam draws. "I'll play Smashing Ground."
"My Ogre will not be smashed. Activating Magic Jammer to block your Smashing Ground." Tyrone discards a card and destroys Jam's spell.
"That's a downer. One card face down and that's it for me."
Tyrone draws. "Time to take lead. Now attack him, Orge." Tyrone's monster goes in for the attack.
"Activate Mirror Force." Jam's trap destroyed Tyrone's monster. "Bye-bye, Ogre."
"No matter, I'll place the two cards in my hand face down and call it a turn."
Jam draws. "Now I summon Masked Dragon. And luckily for me, this dragon's fire-based (1900/700). Attack!"
Damn... Tyrone took another shot <2200>.
"Your move."
"This is not going how I expected." Tyrone draws. "One monster in defense mode and I end my turn."
Jam draws. "Masked Dragon, go in for the burn."
"Hey, that's my material."
"Don't get mad, get heated."
 
In addition to some of the hams laughing at the shot at Tyrone, his monster was flipped and destroyed. "So much for my Volcanic Rat." Tyrone said.
"Your turn." Jam wrapped up.
"Sweet." Tyrone draws. "Go."
Jam draws. "Well Tyrone, I'm gonna wrap this up. I summon Gray Wing (1300/700). Dragons, attack."
Both of Jam's dragons attack Tyrone, ending the match. This of course got applause from the other hams. "You lose, cheapskate." said Sparkle.
"Hey, don't make fun." said Jam.
"What?"
"Well, I lost." said Tyrone. "So, how about my deck..."
"I can't really say much." said Jam. "But I do like how you combine those Volcanic monsters and Blaze Accelerator, especially that Volcanic Scattershot. That was pretty cool." Jam extended his paw to Tyrone.
"So were Cyberdark Edge and Hunter Dragon." Tyrone shook with Jam. "1700 offense on a three star monster... and a monster that can attach itself to dragons in the graveyard. That's pretty slick... I understand how you beat Hiei now."
"Well, I'll take that as a compliment."
"So, where are we going from here?"
"Well, we can't go back to the Duel House anymore." said Boss.
"How come?" asked Tyrone.
"Because it was taken over and the hams aren't ready for them yet." Jam answered.
"I know, let's pay a visit to Seamore and Barrette." suggests Cappy.
"Not a bad idea." said Dexter. "We can debate how to get the Duel House back from there."
"I can also get these pictures I took developed too, shake around, hams." Jam added.
 
With that, Tyrone, Jam and the gang went to see Seamore and Barrette.