Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ judgement of the dragon ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hamtaro and crew just watched as Jam and this newcomer began their duel. Only this guy was new to Jam and everyone else knew what this duelist was capable of. It will be interesting to see Jam duel against this duelist. thought Hiei. Perhaps this is the wake-up that the Dragonlord needs to learn before he begins to understand how marked of a duelist he really is.
Jam took a look at his hand. This is a bad hand, nothing can work for me. No matter, I'll work through this like last time. he thought.
"Challengers go second, but don't be fooled. I won't be like any other duelist you've ever faced." he said.
"We'll see." said Jam and he took his card, salvation for him. "I'll start things off with Luster Dragon in attack mode (1900/1600). Now, let's see what you've got."
"A strong start..." the challenger said as he drew, "but easily beaten. Axe Dragonute, destroy." Out came a black dragon weilding a black axe in hand (2000/1200), it then charged and destroyed Jam's dragon <7900>.
"That's a new card, one I wanna get my hands on." said Stan.
"Man, talk about new dragons. I like that one." said Jam.
"Of course you do, not like there's a dragon you dislike." said the challenger.
"Actually, there are those that I do dislike."
"Moving on. Since my Axe Dragonute attacked, he switches to defense mode. I'll then place two cards face down and end my turn."
"Hey, I like that guy. Makes me want to get one for myself." Jam draws. "Mirage Dragon, attack!" Jam's dragon went in for the shot.
"Activate Shrink. No play for the Mirage Dragon this tun."
 
Due to the effect of the Shrink card, Jam ended up getting his own life points lost instead of taking out a monster <7500>. Good move. thought Stan. Knowing that the Mirage Dragon forbids the opponent to activate spells in battle, he use Shrink to defend his dragon. And since that spell cuts the ATK points of a monster in half, that was the proper way to shield it from the Mirage Dragon.
Well played, I might have to side one of those spells. thought Jam. "That was pretty slick. Using a spell to block my attack since you couldn't use traps... very effective on your behalf." Jam gave the challenger his propers.
"Effective isn't the half of it." the challenger said.
"I'll toss a card down and end my turn."
The challenger draws. "Now I will summon a Mirage Dragon, then switch Axe Dragonute back into attack mode. Dragonute, attack."
Jam loses another dragon. "Clever." <7100>
Axe Dragonute switches to defense mode. "Mirage Dragon, cut him."
And Jam takes a direct shot <5500>. "Don't tell me this is all you have left, Dragonlord." said Hiei.
"Jealous because it's not you, I see." said Jam.
The challenger continues his move. "One card face down and that's it for me."
"Jam, quite playing around already." said Boss.
"But I wanna have some more fun..." Jam whined playfully. "Fine, you win." Jam draws. "I'll play Magical Mallet."
"That won't help you." the challenger said.
"We'll see."
 
Jam shuffles all four of his cards into his deck, then draws a new hand. "That is a little better than what I had. Okay, buddy, let's have some fun. I'll set one card and one monster face down, then call it a turn."
"It still won't help you." the challenger said.
"You really are something else, aren't you?"
"Perhaps, perhaps not." the challenger draws.
"So does this mean I'm getting a name out of you, or do you not have one?"
"My introduction is earned, not given. Axe Dragonute, back on the attack. Mirage Dragon, you're up first."
The challenger's Mirage Dragon attacks, but in doing so revealed an angry dragon. "What dragon is that?"
Jam giggled. "It's my good friend, the Exploder Dragon." he answered.
"Your attack was a bust." said Hiei.
"No backseat dueling. Monsters that destroy the Exploder Dragon lose their lives. Dragon Bomb!"
 
The Exploder Dragon tossed its bomb, blowing up the challenger's Mirage Dragon in the process. "I smell a comeback." said Cappy.
"You said it." agreed Stan.
"All you smell is sulfur from that bomb." The challenger said. "Dragonute, direct slash." his dragon went in for the attack.
"And this is where Sakuretsu Armor kicks in."
"I'll discard and activate The Dragon's Bead."
"Good card, but my Trap Jammer is better."
"Damn." Axe Dragonute was destroyed. "Your turn."
Jam draws. "Let's do it like this... one card face down, now it's time for Card of Sanctity 2. Pick some cards, because we need them." Both duelists draw till six cards are in their hands. Now I'll play Twin-Headed Behemoth (1500/1200). Attack now, let's start lowering his life points."
It took a while, but Jam finally managed to do his challenger some damage <6500>. "And just for kicks, Stamping Destruction on your face down."
"I'll chain it, Spell Shield Type-8." The challenger activated his card, which negated Jam's spell.
"Nice. One more card face down and that's it for me."
The challenger drew his card. "This time, I'll summon Lancer Dragonute (1500/1800)."
"Wait a minute, you have six cards in your hand. You can't draw a card." said Cappy.
"Outdated duelists, the rules were modified. A duelist must always draw on the draw phase. Six cards is still the limit of the hand, but if a duelist hold more cards than the limit by the end phase, that duelist must discard until the hand is at the limit. Cards discarded this way are also not activated. I'll place three cards face down and end my turn."
 
"Cappy, you should've known about that rule, it's been in effect for a while now." said Jam.
"Oopsie." said Cappy.
"Try to understand advanced rules as well as basics, sport." Jam draws. "I'll place this monster in defense mode and attack with Twin-Headed Behemoth."
"Activate Sakuretsu Armor." the challenger said.
"Why, both monsters are the same strength?" asked Stan.
"Because I keep my monster, that's why." Jam's dragon was destroyed. "Suicide attacks are for rookies, that was beneath a duelist of your caliber..."
"You're one to talk about caliber. No matter, since this is the end of my turn, my monster comes back from the graveyard, and I'll place it in defense mode (1000/1000). Your turn."
The challenger draws. "I'll play Heavy Storm."
"Well that's a downer..."
All spell and trap cards are destroyed. "Twin-Headed Behemoth goes back to the graveyard. Lancer Dragonute, attack." Lancer Dragonute goes in for the attack. "By the way, this Dragonute doesn't chamge poisitions after battle, but it does do piercing damage."
"Thanks for telling me." said Jam as he saw his dragon destroyed <5000>.
"Your turn."
Jam draws. "I'll play Smashing Ground." Lancer Dragonute is destroyed. "Now I'll sacrifice my face down card and summon Kaiser Glider (2400/2200). Kaiser Glider, direct attack!"
 
Jam's new dragon went in for the direct shot, making his challenger take a knee <4100>. Cappy and Penelope cheered for Jam as he took the lead. "Yeah, go Jam." cheered Cappy.
"You've got the lead now, let him have it." said Penelope.
"I'm glad I'm not bored anymore." said Jam. "Well then, it's your turn."
The challenger drew hiw card, then looked at his hand. "Hmf. It seems like you aren't worthy of your hype after all." he said, then placed his paw over his deck. "I grow bored of this duel, so I will let you slide this time. But next time, I will finish my destruction and claim my title of Dragonlord."
"Nice excuse... for someone who has a monster in their hand and can't play it." said Jam.
"Hmf, you have no idea what my hand holds." the challenger began to walk off.
"Funny, because I smell your monster from here."
"I doubt it." the challenger begins to leave.
"I smell red, I smell black, I smell a Red-Eyes Black Dragon."
This made the grey hamster stop from walking away. That's not possible.... he thought.
"Forgetting to say good-bye I take it..."
 
The hamster turned around to look at Jam, then placed a card on his duel disk. True to the game, it was the Red-Eyes Black Dragon. This shocked everyone, including Hiei, Aqua and Kerin. How did he do that?! wondered Aqua.
Jam giggled. "Don't tell me, 'Lucky guess.' is what you were going to say, wasn't it?" he questioned his challenger.
"No," the challenger answered, "that wasn't luck at all." He then continued to walk away. "My name is Nazaruda, and I duel with the Pride of Dragons." and off into the bushes he went.
"Good riddance to that jerk." said Boss.
"He's just mad because he was starting to lose." said Stan.
"He's mad because Jam just punked his dragon out." said Howdy.
"I take it that your ability to smell his dragon is a new trait of your DSP?" guessed Panda.
"Nope, I've been able to smell dragons for quite some time." Jam answered.
Everyone's jaws dropped. "You're kidding..." said Cappy.
"Nope. But I don't use this as it's a form of cheating... and there's no fun in that."
"Makes sense." said Boss.
"Now for the point of business... Three of you managed to win against this set of duelists, so the rest of your decks need to be evaluated. Now, who is first?"
 
The ham-hams didn't quite understand what Jam meant and began to glance at each other. "Let's go you hams, no one's leaving until those decks are evaluated." Jam said as he took a seat.
Cappy stepped forward. "I don't quite understand what's going on with you, but I'm gonna go with it." he said. "I'll go first."
Jam pulled out a makeshift table. "Good, let's have it."
Cappy handed his deck to Jam and Jam spread the deck face down over his table. His paw went over each card and selected a few cards by moving them forward. After that, all the cards that were moved forward were given back to Cappy and the rest of the deck was put away by Jam. "Next."
"Um.... Jam, what's the deal here?" asked Cappy.
"That is your deck." Jam answered. "Refrain from looking at those cards for the moment, now let's see the next deck."
"I guess I'll go next." said Hamtaro and gave his deck to Jam.
Jam did the same to Hamtaro's deck and gave Hamtaro a few of his cards back. "Next."
Jam managed to do this with just about every other member of the Duel House, leaving just two more duelists. "All right, you're next Sparkle." said Jam.
"Screw that, I don't need my deck to be evaluated by you." said Sparkle. "I got the knowledge myself to change my deck."
"Whatever, here's my deck." said Penelope as she gave her deck to Jam.
 
Jam did the same to Penelope, but the unthinkable happened. None of Penelope's cards were returned to her. Jam shook his head, "It's a shame, a really big shame indeed." he said and put Penelope's deck away.
The hams were stunned. "Penelope didn't get any cards back..." Dexter whispered to Howdy.
Penelope was sad, "I don't even get one card back..." she trailed off.
"Not one." Jam answered. "It's a real shame, too. I thought you'd get at least three cards back..."
"I... I understand." Penelope held back her tears.
"What's all this about anyway?" asked Howdy.
"The current decks that you used will no longer help you." Jam began to explain. "I've sealed away your current decks and it is now time for each of you to create new decks. With the cards you have, you will use them and make a new deck... or lack of cards thereof in your case, Penelope."
"It's not fair." said Penelope.
"You're nuts. You just picked cards from their decks without even looking at them." said Sparkle. "Some evaluation you gave to everyone...."
"Naive duelist... Since the Duel House was taken over and the majority of you aren't ready to reclaim it, you need to improve your decks. For now, return to your homes and work on new decks. To those of you who won, improve on your decks also. Now that your opponent knows exactly how things are going on, you need new strategies.
 
"Nazaruda lost on purpose, his intention was to scout my deck and find ways to counter it. However, he didn't figure out much on my deck."
"So what do we go from here?" asked Hamtaro.
"Home. Return to your homes and build your new decks, or improve on your decks to those who won. Do not head to the Duel House to challenge them again, you may not be so lucky. Make sure Bijou is informed of your situation when she gets back and we'll assemble at the park from now on. Now that you know how the ban list is, head home and work on your decks."
Hamtaro and the crew went back to their homes, hoping to learn from what they've got left, if they had cards to work with. "Boss, Jam, you guys can stay with us if you like." said Seamore.
"We have a few extra rooms for guests." added Barrette.
"Thank-q, I will do just that." said Boss.
"Same to that." said Jam.
Boss, Seamore and Barrette went back into the photo shop. "I guess we'll be taking our leave also." said Tyrone.
"Agreed." said Hiei.
"Not so fast." said Jam. "You've got explaining to do, Hiei. So out with it."
Hiei smiriked. "As you've just learned, Nazaruda duels with a deck he calls the Pride of Dragons. I won't break it down for you, but you've obviously did that yourself. Nazaruda is one of many duelists called the Rexchus, another clan of duelists that have bested myself and the Shadow Clan. I'm amazed that you called out his Red-Eyes the way you did, but it will be interesting to see you truly duel him."
"So you guys have history.... lovely."
"Whatever, let's see you deal with them. We're leaving, and don't expect any help from me. This is none of my concern, so I'm not getting involved." then Hiei and crew walked off.
Jam shook his head. Well, it's nice to see another dragon user. he thought. I wonder what your story is... but I do like those Dragonute cards that you have.