Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ Des, Des, the magical Frog ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Though Penelope was able to sleep, some of the others were still awake and trying to build their new decks with the cards they were dealt. If I combine this with this, then... Hamtaro was busy making combos, no, it's still not enough. Even with this stuff, I've still made the same mistakes of the previous deck I've made... Hamtaro sat down looking amongst his cards. "It's official, I can't build a new deck properly." he sadly admitted to himself. "It's time I took some of the cards I got and made a new set of warriors with them, I need a new edge with my guys, like how Oxnard has that Mystic Swordsman." As Hamtaro looked at his tine which held various cards, he noticed three cards slip out, then he took a look at them. Hmm... I forgot all about this guy. he thought as he read the text on each of the cards. "It's settled, I'll begin with you. You'll be the first new warrior in my deck, then I'll work from there." and Hamtaro began to work his magic. It's time for you to finally taste battle, my Silent Swordsman.
 
Dexter was also looking at his remains of his Undead Deck. "How I despise that Il Blud..." he said to himself as he shuffled through the various zombie monsters at his disposal. "I need to make and forge a new series of undead minions."
Dexter heard a few taps at the window, then turned to see what was going on. It was Howdy. Dexter went to talk with him. "So how is your new deck coming along?" asked Dexter.
"Terrible, I only got to work with eight cards." Howdy said.
"Same here." Dexter nodded. "I guess this will be tougher than expected."
"Who are you telling, my deck was incredible."
"So I take it that you lost the Emperor Gods?"
"Please, Those three are in a special area. Altogether and safe from harm. I'm going to duel without them and finally kicks some ass properly."
"You said it. I'm ready for some much wanted payback against those guys."
"But in order to do that, me need stronger decks."
"True."
Howdy headed back to his shop. "Well, I'm headed to bed. Catch you in the morning, partner."
"Agreed." and Dexter went back inside. "I guess I should try this again in the morning so I'll be able to decide better that way." Dexter collected all of his cards and went off to bed.
 
Boss got finished talking with Jam and headed off to hs room. I can't sleep and I'm not tired. he thought as he entered his room. When he got inside, he noticed someone was already there. "Is something the matter?"
Barrette was in his room. "I really need a dueling opponent right now." she answered.
"Why not duel Seamore?" Boss asked.
"Because I want to be able to keep some of my cards from him."
"Well put."
"That and he's asleep." Boss fell over. "I would face Jam, but I know I'm not ready for him. I'll get massacred."
"So why duel me?"
"Because you're all I have left to duel at the moment."
She knows she cant touch Jam, but what makes her think she can handle my heka? Boss thought.
"Don't tell me you're afraid of me..."
"Not in the slightest."
"Good, now let's go."
Boss was led out of his room and taken into an area of the photo shop that he had yet seen. "I have something to show you, and I'll show Jam tomorrow when he's awake." said Barrette. She led Boss into an empty, unlit room and turned the light on. "Seamore and I figured that we would use this room as a dueling arena for our customers. Since the two of us come here to duel each other, we finally decided to spruce it up and use to get a bit more use."
"Not too shabby."
 
There were various duel monsters posters on the walls and one of them was about the game itself. "Hey, what's this..." Boss eyed the poster. "Gladiator's Assault. Coming November, the Gladiator's Assault expansion will hit stores and dueling fans can have a chance to play with around ninety new cards. Witness the rise of the Evil Heroes and take the claim 'King of Games'. How did you get this poster?"
"www.industrialillusions.com/duel is where. Pegasus just recently launched this website." Barrette answered.
"Pegasus... is there anything that ham won't do?"
"He did create the game. This room is also good on sound preservation, so we won't wake up Jam and Seamore. It even has a camera just in case rowdy duelist wanna get out of line. Anyway, let's get started."
"You do know that I have the most powerful deck in the Duel House, right?"
"Funny, I thought that deck belonged to Jam."
"Hardy, har har..."
Barrette giggled. "Does this mean that I get to go first?"
"I am a gentleman, but you had better hope that you can hold your own against me."
Believe me, Boss. After seeing Penelope duel you and lose, in addition of knowing how you weild both sides of your council, I have quite the idea on how to combat your magical deck. I know that I'm going to lose, but I hope I can hold my own against you. Deck, please help put up a fight.
 
The two began shuffling their decks. I haven't played Barrette, nor do I know what she's capable of. thought Boss. But from what I've heard Seamore say, Barrette also uses a water-based deck. I figured that she'll probably play like Seamore. And seamore plays quite well, well enough to almost beat Jam. But Jam managed to save himself albeit his White Horns Dragon. I also took the liberty to do a bit of experimenting with this deck as well, so let's see what you've got.
There are three spellcasters that I can't let Boss summon... thought Barrette. Allure Queen, Relinquished, and most importantly, Injection Fairy Lily. If he pulls out any of those pains, I'm going to be in for a world of hurt.
"All right, let's duel." said Boss.
"Right, game on." said Barrette.
Both duelists drew their hands and Barrette took her sixth card. "I'll place one monster in defense mode and end my turn." Barrette made her opening move.
Boss draws. "Not a good move, but I'll save the big guns for now. I'll start with Book of Taiyou." he began. "This spell flips up your monster and places it on the attack."
"Damn it." and just like that, Barrette's monster is revealed. This monster of course, happened to be the Treeborn Frog (100/100).
"Aw man, I can't pass up this oportunity. I summon a returning friend of mine, Breaker the Magical Warrior (1600/1000). Spell counter up (1900 ATK), now destroy the Frog." and just like that, Boss cut through that frog putting a nice opening dent into Barrette's life points <6200>. "I'll place these two cards face down and end my turn."
"My turn." Barrette drew. "Treeborn Frog may have been wrongfully destroyed, but now it gets to come back. Return to the field and defend." Barrette's frog returned to her side of the field in defense mode. "I'll place one monster in defense mode and end my turn."
Boss draws. "I'll put a monster on the defense as well. There's no point in me destroying that Treeborn Frog... since sh hasn't played a spell or trap, it'll just come back. I quess I have to take a chance on her other card. Breaker, destroy her face down monster."
 
Breaker goes in for the kill and destroys another monster that belonged to Barrette. "What in the world was that?" he asked.
"That was my T.A.D.P.O.L.E.," Barrette answered, "and since it died in battle, I will take two more T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s from my deck and add them to my hand." Barrette resolves this effect and shuffles her deck.
"Tadpoles.... what the hell kind of deck is she running? Your move."
Barrette draws. "I'll summon T.A.D.P.O.L.E. to the field (0/0)."
"That's your Tadpole monster... what a joke." said Boss.
"Yeah, well he still serves his purpose. Now I'll play Big Wave Small Wave."
"Man, that's not funny."
A tidal wave came up and swept over the field, but it only took out Barrette's monsters. "Lovely, now you get to special summon two water monsters, right?" asked Boss.
"That's right." Barrette nodded. "So I'll summon Silent Abyss in attack mode (2000/1500) and Submarineroid in defense mode (800/1800). I'll now use the effect of Submarineroid and flip it face down, then place one card face down. My turn is over."
Hmm... I could use breaker's effect after I destroy that face down Submarineroid, but that would give her the chance to bring back that Treeborn Frog. Something I don't want to see come back... Boss draws. "Sweet. I'll flip up my Magician of Faith (300/400), now I'll take my Book of Taiyou from my graveyard and add it to my hand. Then I'll play Magical Dimension. With it, I'll use my Magician of Faith and then I can special summon another of my mages." The Magician of Faith is tributed. "Say hello to the Chaos Command Magician (2400/1900). Now I can destroy one monster, so say goodbye to your Silent Abyss."
 
Using the powers of Magical Dimension, the Silent Abyss was destroyed. Damn, I was hoping he would've fought that... thought Barrette.
"I can't risk it, it's too much. Breaker, break her face down card." Breaker used its sword and destroyed Barrette's face down card (1600 ATK). "I'll attack your face down Submarineroid with my Chaos Command Magician, go!" One monster goes down. "Breaker, direct shot."
"Ahhh!" Barrette yelled as she takes another shot <4600>.
"Come on, that was an average shot. I can only imagine how you'll scream when you take a direct shot from my Chaos mage here."
"I'm a fragile girl, okay? So sue me."
"Rather not, but it is your turn."
Barrette draws. "Treeborn Frog, come forth and defend." Barrette's Treeborn Frog returns to her in defense mode. "Next, one monster in defense position and that's my turn."
Boss draws. "Showtime. White Magician Pikeru, come on out (1200/0). Attack the Treeborn Frog." Pikeru takes out the frog. "Breaker, attack the face down monster."
Barrette flips up the monster. "And there goes my last T.A.D.P.O.L.E. of my deck."
"Tadpoles won't save you. Chaos Command Magician, let's really give her a shot to scream about."
Damn it.... And Barrette took another shot <2200>.
"I guess you need a bit more work on your deck, Barrette."
"Nothing is coming up..."
"It happens, so draw."
Barrette draws. "Welcome back, Treeborn Frog."
"I'm starting to get annoyed of that thing."
"Well my Treeborn Frog doesn't like you either. Now I will use the power of the card I just drew." and Barrette shows Boss the card. "This is the Warrior of Atlantis (1900/1200). I won't be summoning this card, but I will discard it to the graveyard instead. This allows me to control the field and bring forth this spell...." Barrette searched for the card, then shufled her deck and played the card. "A Legendary Ocean."
"Now way in hell, activating Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell."
"Aw man..."
"I'll give up my Book of Taiyou to activate it and kill all hopes of your ocean."
 
This play resolves, but to Boss' dismay, her deck doesn't get affected. Huh, she only has on in her deck... he thought.
"Unlike Seamore, I don't use A Legendary Ocean so much." said Barrette.
"So, A legendary Ocean is treated as Umi." Boss said in defense.
"Yes, but the Legendary Ocean was a decoy. Now you'll see the way I affect the field. It's time to change our normal playing field to Umiiruka."
Waves appear and a giant tsunami engulfs the field. asfter that, the ocean and its waves were in play. So this is Umiiruka... nice. thought Boss.
A dolphin jumped from out of the water, then it landed. "Umiiruka is like Sparkle's Rising Air Current, only it applies to Water elemental monsters like my Treeborn Frog (600/0). Now I'll sacrifice it and summon Des Frog (2400/0)."
"That's quite the monster." said Boss.
"But Des Frog has an ability. When he's successfully tributed, I can bring one more out for each T.A.D.P.O.L.E. in my graveyard, so say hello to two more from my deck." Two more Des Frogs appear from the waves.
Not good.
"My skills may not be as great as Seamore, but I have my moments. Now for trump card, the spell card Des Croaking." and Barrette's Des Frogs began making noise.
"Ah, it's too loud!" shouted Boss. But the noise not only took its toll on Boss' ears, it also took out all of the cards he had in play. Then the Des Frogs stopped. "M..my cards..."
"Des Croaking allows my three Des Frogs to destroy every card you have on the field," Barrette explained, "now you're open to an amphibious ass whoopin'. Des Frogs, put those tongues to work and deal some major damage to Boss' life points."
 
Boss took one hell of a tongue lashing from thos three Des Frogs and he got planted on his ass. Damn, he thought. Des Frog, powered with Umiiruka, multiplied by three, that's 7200 damage. <800> That hurt, and I don't like french kisses from frogs.
Barrette laughed. "You should know that power isn't everything, Boss. Your turn."
"It's not over." Boss draws. "I play Lightning Vortex." Boss emptied his hand to take out those three Des Frogs. "I'm spent."
Barrette draws. "And now our duel comes to an end. I summon my good friend Beelze Frog (1700/400)."
"Hey, that looks like-"
"A grown-up T.A.D.P.O.L.E., yes. Think of this as its evolution. And in growing up, you make sacrifices... sacrifices that can make a Frog stronger. Beelze Frog gains 300 ATK points from each of my three T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s in the graveyard, making my Beelze Frog 900 ATK points stronger (2600 ATK). Beelze Frog, attack!"
 
And with that attack, Boss was beaten. He wasn't too happy that he lost, but at least he knew about the way Barrette dueled. "You know, with the way you play your deck, you can be quite the duelist if you set it up like that." said the spellcaster duelist as he stood on his feet.
"See, not so bad when you got plays like that, huh." Barrette said proudly.
"Quite."
Boss and Barrette turn to see Jam. "You're up after all..." said Boss.
"I went to your room and didn't find you in it, so I decided to come this way." Jam said. "Actually, I heard the faint sound of water in this direction, then it led me here and I listened to the duel. Des Frog is quite the interesting monster, but combining all three with Des Croaking is deadly with Umiiruka. Very nice strategy, Barrette."
"Of course it is." Barrette said while rubbing her nose.
"Well, I'm going to sleep. See you when we're all awake you two."
"Yes, sleep does sound good to have." said Boss and all three duelists left the room and turned in for the night.