Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ duel monsters moment 4 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, it's time for another installment of Duel Monster Moment. Now I'm getting ahead of myself this moment, but it's okay. Because the monster mentioned this time is one that will be seen soon. So let's get on with the show, shall we?
 
Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord (also known as Dark Dragon King Vandalgyon) is an eight star Dark dragon that stands at 2800/2500 and is a mean mother. This card is from JUMP-EN023, and that means a Limited Edition card. If you don't understand the "JUMP" code, it means this card comes from the Shonen Jump ma(n)gazine, this card being from the March 03 book. After a counter trap card you control negates the activation of an opponent's card(s) effect(s), you can special summon this card from your hand. Then activate the appropriate effects based on the type of cards negated: Spell. Inflict 1500 damage to your opponent; Trap. Select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls; Effect Monster. Special summon 1 monster from your graveyard.
 
In a sense, this dragon special summons the exact same way as Petal's Voltanis the Adjudicator, meaning that it's special summoned after your counter trap has resolved without being destroyed. Now the SJM that this card comes from will give you ideas to play with this card, but I found out a few ways to pull this dragon out from the deck that aren't listed. So let me share with you some interesting ways to abuse this dragon's effect: Most of the counter traps in Duel Monsters will negate a spell, so you're probably gonna be getting this effect more times than not. A good example of that is the commonly FB used Magic Drain. Now if you use this and they give up a spell, then you don't get MD's effect, so you're probably going to play the Magic Jammer (which costs you a card). And afterwards, pull out Van'Dalgyon to damage their life points; a good counter trap to negate a trap is Malfunction. Sure it turns the trap to a set position (making it usable on your opponent's next turn) and the "trading blow" 500 life point cost, but if it's something threatening, you can always just destroy it; effect monsts, depending on the monster, are real pains in the ass. The biggest painful effect monster in the game is the dreaded (with emphasis on dreaded) Jinzo. The perfect counter trap to destroy effect monsters is a personal favorite of mine, Divine Wrath. It costs a to activate, but DW is one of the most valuable counter traps out in the game right now.
 
The monster you choose depends on you, but here's an idea you might want to try. After you've DWed a monster, special summon the Darkblaze Dragon from the graveyard. Remember, Darkblaze Dragon's ATK and DEF points double when it's special summoned from the graveyard. But let's up that ante... if you have it and Van'Dalgyon in your hand, send Darkblaze to the graveyard to activate Divine Wrath and special summon it to the field after Van'Dalgyon. Now you've got another ass kicker dragon to back up the Dark Dragon King. Hmm, I think I just might try that example just for kicks. See, I just gave you duelists an asshatter combo to try. I'm looking out for you guys already and this isn't even a chapter, how sweet is that? You don't have to run a deck with a lot of counter traps, you just need to right ones to pull Van'Dalgyon out for some mayhem and madness to make your oponent really pissed off. I'm sure there are other ways to abuse the effects of this dragon, but I'll let you find those for yourself. That's all the time I have for this moment, I've got another chapter to work on. See you soon, duelists.