Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ Hero to Hero ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everyone who witnessed this change in Jam was still trying to settle in with it. A few hamsters still haven't picked up their jaws. "I guess that's why he didn't want to talk last night." said Barrette. "He was busy with his deck."
"More like busy losing his mind." said Stan. "I've never seen Jam so.... for use of better words, callus."
"I was thinking 'rutheless' myself, but callus is an acceptable word to use." said Seamore.
Is this the test that you're talking about, Jam? thought Boss. If it was, than this change in you is only the beginning.
"I'm glad he wasn't like that agaisnt me." said Maxwell.
"I hope he totally snaps out of this phase and quickly." said Sandy.
"Me too, sis." agreed Stan. "But I don't think Jam's current state of mentality will just blow over."
"He's very upset." said Bijou. "Everyone said he was cruel when he was showing his mercy, even Aqua. I guess it was zis time zat Aqua paid drastically for her assumption."
"Paid for it?" Hiei came over with Aqua in his paws. "Aqua didn't deserve to be handled that way in her duel."
"I know you're not in a proper state of mind right-"
"Shut up, Bijou. The only way to snap him out of it is to beat him in a duel."
 
The other hams had disdainful looks on their faces. "What the hell is with the moping?" asked Tyrone.
"None of our decks can beat Jam." Boss answered. "Not even mine is, despite all the power it holds."
"When did you duel Jam?" asked Sandy.
"Before last tournament. We had a low-tech duel.... it was over in less than seven turns. Hell, it took him five turns to pull Horus against me."
"I'm headed to the fun park." said Stan.
"Hey, wait for me." said Hamtaro.
"This can't wait, but I'm making a detour home first."
"Oh... Well, I'll meet you up there."
Stan walked away from the group as they were still there. Others began to forget what had just happened as Hiei tended to Aqua. "You beat him last tournament, not to mention hold back the Five God Dragon. Why don't you challenge him again?" asked Tyrone.
"You forgot that I still lost to Jam." said Pashmina. "I may have stopped Horus and the Five God Dragon, but destroying it is another story."
"Stop doubting yourself!"
"You don't get it, Tyrone. Jam has ways of calling out the Five God Dragon. I've seen him wittle with spell cards myself and his deck currently has three options in fusing that thing together."
Everyone looked at Pashmina. "What do you mean three options?" they questioned her.
"Think back....
 
"Against Duelist Ham, Jam called the Five God Dragon with the spell card Dragon's Mirror; against me, he used the regular Polymerization; then from what I've seen him do.... Future Fusion. Some duelist even managed to Bottomless Trap Hole the damn thing and he brought it back with another spell in his deck. I don't remember the name off the bat, but it has something to do with miracles or whatnot."
"Oh..." said Tyrone.
"The card is called Miracle Dig." said Panda.
"Miracle Dig?" asked Oxnard.
"When a duelist has five or more of thier monsters removed from play, he or she can choose up to three of them to return to the deck. I used that myself when it came to the VWXYZ monsters, as they must be removed from play in order to fuse." Panda explained. "And when a fusion monster is returned, it goes back to the fusion deck. And with an alternate form of fusion like Pashmina mentioned...."
"It'll be back in the duel in a matter of draws." Howdy finished Panda's line.
"Jam's definitely done his homework." said Dexter. "I also have something else in mind to note: Instant Fusion costs 1000 life points to fuse a monster together. It's a decen't payment, but as we've seen that Poison of the Old Man can reimburse that with a little change."
"Then it's settled." said Hiei. "I'm the only one present that can stand a chance against the Five God Dragon."
"I wish you the best of luck on that, Hiei." said Maxwell. "But you might want to grab the White Night Dragon that Aqua had." Maxwell handed the card to Hiei on a leaf.
"Wait, didn't he cut this card in half? Why is it still intact?" asked Tyrone.
"If it's still intact after being sliced, then it's no use to you." Pashmina answered. "Jam's Blade of Ra has the ability to seal cards with a single slash."
"This card may be sealed, but I still have a monster of an equal strength that I weild justly." said Hiei. "Let's go, Tyrone. We have a metting to prepare."
"I got Aqua's duel disk, so I'm ready to go when you guys are." said Kerin.
Tyrone slid the White Night Dragon card into a deck box. "I'll take this and we'll be leaving." he said.
*
 
The dueling arenas were packed today at the Fun Park, mainly because of Jam's duel against Aqua. Every arena had dueling in them, but it didn't stop there. Duels happened all over the fun park, even on the walkways. Any duelists not in a duel were either waiting for their turn next, or buying cards from the vendors. Either way, this was a good day for Duel Monsters. Pegasus was quite pleased that duels were held all over the fun park, but one specific duelist wasn't doing any dueling at all. It was Rufus... Rufus was busy working on his deck and trying to make sure things were going well. "Ah, I just need a few more good cards and this deck of mine is almost at my exact specifications." he said to himself. Rufus was also keeping an eye on Penelope, who was in the middle of a duel with another duelist. "Just look at you, relishing the duels you enter. Enjoy them, because I owe you one."
"You mind clearing that up for me?" Rufus turned to see Pegasus next to him. "I see I'm not the only one watching Penelope."
"Let's just say I have a vested interest against her." Rufus said. "I owe her a duel since our last one was inconclusive."
"Well, let me take a look at that deck of yours."
"Take a gander." Rufus handed Pegasus his deck.
Pegasus looked at Rufus' deck. "Aha... aha... no, no, no, this won't do at all. You expect to face Penelope with a deck like this?"
"The same way I did last time."
"Please, your deck isn't ready for her. You don't even have the other monsters to support the theme."
"That's because you didn't bring them out yet."
"Wrong-o, Rufus. I released more cards concerning this theme not too long go, you didn't acquire them yet.
 
"Your deck lacks the cunning to match Penelope's cunning."
"And just how can you be sure of that?"
"You're about to find out." and Pegasus took his leave.
"Where are you going anyway?"
"Downstairs. Now keep watching from above and stay out of her sight." and Pegasus was out of Rufus' sight.
Whaterver, Crawford. You've lost your touch, old man.... thought Rufus as he watched on.
"I'll say this for you, Cassie, that was a fun duel." said Penelope as she shook paws with her opponent.
"You're good too, Penelope." said Cassie. "That deck of heroes you have there is really something."
"No it's not, I still have to work on it more."
"Well, it seems fine to me."
"You're deck is something else too."
"Yeah, but it's not like yours."
"Oh stop it, my deck isn't that great."
"And that's Penelope for you. Modest as ever as she improves as a duelist."
 
Cassie turns to see Pegasus approaching them. The pink hamster is shocked at what she just heard. "Now I'm really jealous, you know Pegasus." she said.
"Now, now, I've had my eye on Penelope for quite some time." Pegasus explained. "It's not everyday that I get to see duelists that fly under the radar."
"So what brings you here anyway, Pegasus?" asked Penelope.
"As I said before, I've had my eye on you. Now it's time for me to see first-hand what you're capable of."
"Wait... you mean-"
"Of course. Now you aren't afraid of little ol' me, are you?"
"No, that's not it at all. It's just..."
"You need a bit of recovery time, I understand."
"Lemme just change some of my cards around."
"Very well." Pegasus took his spot in the dueling arena.
"I wish I was about to duel Pegasus...." Cassie trailed off.
"This is a shocker to me as well." said Penelope.
"Good luck." and off Cassie went into the stands.
Penelope took her position across from Pegasus and began looking at her cards. I don't have problems dueling in front of people, but I'm going up against Pegasus of all people... thought Penelope. I have to put on a good show, especially since he's put so much time into my progress as a duelist.
Dear Penelope... Pegasus thought. What you don't understand is that this duel will be your test. I need to see just how far you've come as a duelist. And with the deck I plan on using, even you will have to put that cunning of yours to work.
 
"Pegasus, before we begin, I just want to thank you." said Penelope.
"Thank me, for what?" Pegasus asked.
"Before I started dueling, I was the shyest girl you'll ever meet: I rarely made a peep; I was shy; I even hid my face from all of my friends. But since I started dueling, I'm like the ghost outside of her shell. Words can't describe how much I owe you for changing my life..."
"True, but you're the one that should get thanks. I don't get to witness, let alone encourage dueling prodigies at every turn. But enough of the monologue, I came here to have a duel with you. So don't take things easy on me, just because we're in touch. So we can begin whenever you're ready."
"That's nice and all, but you don't even have a duel disk on."
"Dear Penelope, I'm more prepared than you think I am."
It was at that time when Pegasus removed his coat and shown his gear. Seeing it also turned some heads of the audience as well. "This is my duel armor. I've been working on it for quite a while and I'm in the final phases of completing others just like this one. I should have them tested and ready for distribution by summertime."
"Duel armor.... Panda would kill for that." Penelope said in amazement.
"Are you ready, now?"
"Ready as I'll ever be."
"Very good, then let's get started." Pegasus activated his duel armor. "It wouldn't be fair if I went first, so you can go. Now show me what you've got."
"I plan to, Pegasus."
 
Penelope activated her duel disk and both duelists drew their hands. This time around, I got more than heroes in my deck. thought Penelope.
Pay attention, Rufus. Because if you don't, you'll never find out just how clever this girl really is. thought Pegasus.
Penelope takes the opening draw. "I'll start with two cards face down, then summon Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude." she announced her play (1400/1600). "Diamond Dude, let's activate Diamond Vision. Diamond Vision lets me see the top card on my deck and if it's a normal spell..." Penelope checks her card, "which it is, it's sent to the graveyard and I can activate it next turn on my main phase. Your move, Pegasus." Penelope sends her spell to the graveyard.
Pegasus draws. "Let's see how you handle this first move." he said as he finally looks at the six cards in his hand. "I'll begin by summoning Destiny Hero - Dunker." Pegasus' hero appears on the field (1200/1700).
That's a new D-Hero. thought Penelope.
"I'll now play Hero's Bond. This spell works when I get a Hero on the field. It let's me special summon up to two more low level Elemental Heroes from my hand."
"That's not a good start..."
"So I'll first bring out Elemental Hero Wildheart in attack mode (1500/1600), and joining him in attack mode is Elemental Hero Stratos (1800/300)."
Damn, not Stratos.... Penelope panics in her mind.
"And when Stratos is summoned, his effect kicks in. And I will use the first one, allowing him to destroy spell and traps on my opponent's side of the field equal to every other Hero alongside of him. Stratos, destroy Penelope's set cards."
 
Using the turbines on his back, Elemental Hero Stratos destroys Penelope's cards, leaving Diamond Dude open for an attack. Pegasus continued his turn. "I'll attack first with Elemental Hero Wildheart. Go, Wild Slash!" Wildheart cuts through Diamond Dude.
"Crap..." said Penelope as she saw her hero slain in battle <7900>.
"Dunker, slam into Penelope's life points."
Penelope takes a direct shot. "Ouch <6700>."
"Stratos, Wind Tunnel!"
Penelope takes a hard gust that sends commotion to the audience watching <4900>. "Man, Pegasus got game." said someone in the crowd.
"Of course he does, he created the game." someone else said in the crowd.
"I would do more, but I don't want to be overconfident." said Pegasus. "So I'll turn things over to you, Penelope."
"My turn." said Penelope as she drew. "Yes! I'll now use the spell in my graveyard, Destiny Draw. I'll discard Destiny Hero - Disc Commander in my hand and draw two cards." Penelope draws her cards. "Now, I'll play Destiny Spirit. Since I'm without a D-Hero, I can special summon one from my hand. And I'll call Destiny Hero- Defender to protect my life points (100/2700). One card face down and that ends my turn."
Hmm, she summoned Defender in attack mode to keep me from having a second draw. thought Pegasus as he drew. "Looks like you forgot that Wildheart is immune to traps. Go, Wild Slash!"
"I don't need a reminder, but I'll remind you about Destiny Shield. It switches my D-Hero Defender into defense mode just in time to block Wildheart's sword." and that's just what happened. "And Wildheart is denied of the kill, just like you got denied of a perfect game."
"Hmf, I didn't see that one coming <6800>. I'll set one card face down and end my turn."
 
I got Pegasus stopped for the moment, but I need a backup plan. Penelope thought. The two cards in my hand can't help me as of yet, so I need to get something else just in case Defender is beaten.
You won't be able to defend against my attacks forever, Penelope. thought Pegasus. I just need one specific hero and I'll wrap things up.
Penelope draws. "Time to lose some more life points, Pegasus. I'll summon Luster Dragon." she says as her monster appears on the field (1900/1600).
"A dragon?" asked Pegasus. "This isn't like you to use a dragon, Penelope."
"Sometimes, you use the monsters that'll help you survive."
"Well, if you think that monster will help, then by all means play it."
"I plan to... Pegasus has three monsters on the field and a card face down. It's probably a trap, but I have to mount an offensive. Especially since he has almost 2000 more life points than myself... I don't have any choice... Luster Dragon, attack Elemental Hero Wildheart with Sapphire Blaze!" Penelope's dragon attacks.
"Smart girl." said Pegasus, his Elemental Hero is destroyed soon after <6400>.
"Your turn."
Pegasus draws. "Since this is the standby phase and your D-Hero, as you call them is in defense mode, I get a second draw." and Pegasus draws a second time. "I'll play Hand Destruction."
"Hand Destruction?" Penelope was shocked.
"Simple, each of us discard two cards in our hand to the graveyard, then we draw two new cards."
"Okay, that works for me."
Both duelists draw two cards after discarding two. "Now it's time for me to introduce to you a new Hero, one that I'm proud to play for you. Everyone, meet Elemental Hero Knospe!"
 
Pegasus' new Hero appeared on the field (600/1000). The audience wasn't too thrilled to see this new card. That's an Elemental Hero? thought Cassie.
The duel was also watched by others outside of the dueling arena. "Something tells me that's not a warrior." said Hamtaro.
"Yeah, it looks like a sapling." said Boss.
"I wonder when we can get this Elemental Hero, and if there are more, them too?"
"I didn't think you'd play with cards not warrior-typed."
"I got Frontier Wiseman and he's a spellcaster."
"True..."
 
Back duelside. "Knospe, attack Penelope's life points directly!" said Pegasus and his new Hero went in for the shot.
Penelope took the shot like a trooper <4300>. "Was that it? He didn't hurt me at all..." she said coyly.
Elemental Hero Knospe looked confused. "No, no, no, Knospe isn't male." explained Pegasus. "But since she gave you battle damage, her stats change (700/900). What do you think of her?"
"Not bad for a plant."
"You're right, Knospe is a plant, but there's more to her than what you see. And you'll find that out next turn, so I'll end mine right now."
"Too bad your Knospe won't be around after this turn." Penelope draws. "Luster Dragon, let's-"
"Before you go on, just remember that you can't target Knospe right now."
"I can't?"
"No, not as long as another E-Hero exists on my field."
"Works for me. Destroy Stratos with Sapphire Blaze!"
And Pegasus' Elemental Hero Stratos is destroyed. "Stratos, you helped me greatly." <6300> "Just remember that I get two draws because of Defender."
"I know. One card face down and that ends my turn."
Pegasus draws twice. "I'll sacrifice Destiny Hero - Dunker and Summon Elemental Hero Necroshade (1600/1800). I'll set this card face down and attack with Elemental Hero Knospe."
"Great." Penelope gets tagged again <3600>.
 
"Knospe's stats switch again and I'll end my turn." (800/800)
Penelope draws. "Okay, this will work. I sacrifice Destiny Hero - Defender and summon Destiny Hero - Double Dude (1000/1000)."
I see what you're planning to do. You plan on attacking me with your dragon, destroying Necroshade. After that, you'll have Double Dude not only destroy Knospe, but also attack me directly. Too bad I have this scouted, but a nice effort on your behalf.
"Sapphire Blaze!" Penelope's dragon attacks. "Now your Knospe is mine!"
Pegasus' Necroshade is destroyed <6000>. "Thank-q, now I'll activate Hero Counterattack."
Okay, don't panic....
"Since one of my E-Heroes was destroyed, Penelope picks a card. Now the bad news is that all three cards in my hand are Elemental Heroes, so she's going to lose one monster, her Luster Dragon to be exact, but I get to special summon another of my Heroes to further protect Knospe. Now pick a card, Penelope... any card..."
Each card is a Hero... well, let's try to minimize damage. Let this choice be weaker than Double Dude. "I choose the middle card."
Pegasus gasps. "Are you sure you want that one?"
"Just summon it."
"Fine, but first... your dragon is destroyed." and that's what happened. "Now I'll attack with Elemental Hero Fire Lady." and a second new Elemental Hero appears on the field (1300/1000).
"Damn it, this ain't fair. One card face down and that ends my turn."
 
Pegasus draws. "Knospe, one more direct attack." Elemental Hero Knospe hits one more time <2800>. "Perhaps I should duel you when you're fresh, because this duel is getting rather dull."
"Let's just say that Elemental Hero Knospe is one cheap broad."
Elemental Hero Knospe became irate. "Hearing this coming from the Hero duelist almost makes me feel kind of sad in a sense." Pegasus shrugs. (900/700) "No matter, strategy that works is strategy that gets the job done. Fire Lady, your turn to attack."
"I'm on it." said Elemental Fire Lady and attacked with pyrokinetic prowess.
"Reveal Destiny Counter, to destroy the attacking Fire Lady."
"Oh poo...."
Elemental Hero Fire Lady was destroyed. "And finally, I will be able to rid myself of Knospe." Penelope stretched. "Now don't get me wrong, I love her a lot, but I still think this Elemental Hero is cheap."
"Well, I guess we should try something new then. I'll play the spell card Rose Bud."
"I take it that spell works with Knospe?"
"Not just works with her, it changes her."
"Changes her?"
"Just watch. Okay Knospe, it's time to blossom like the flower that you are."
 
It was at this moment when the buds on the arms of Elemental Hero Knospe began to open up. And as they opened up, the bud that made her head opened up as well. This transformation actually got Oohs and Ahs from the spectating duelists reguardless where they were watching this duel from. As the flowers finished opening, the Elemental Hero in question began to take form. And after a quick display of rose petal rain, Pegasus' Hero was now in her true form (1900/2000). "Whoa, I didn't expect Knospe to become so pretty." said Penelope.
"She's not Knospe anymore," said Pegasus, "you now face Elemental Hero Rose Bloom."
"Well, if plants can have knockers..."
"Yeah, I know you're jealous that I look better than you." said Elemental Hero Rose Bloom. "Just remember that I'm also stronger than Double Dork over there."
"Get it right, bitch... it's Double Dude." said Destiny Hero - Double Dude.
"Keep talkin' smack..."
"Anyway, I'm done for this turn." said Pegasus.
Penelope draws. "Sorry Double Dude, but I need to reduce damage to my life points, so I'm putting you on the defense. And I'm also setting another monster in defense as well to end my turn."
"Defense can't help you this time." Pegasus draws. "It's obvious that my toying around with you has only irritated you, so I'll get back to finishing you off. First, I'll play Polymerization and fuse the two monsters in my hand. Elemental Hero Ocean and Elemental Hero Woodsman."
"Ocean has a fusion?"
"Yes, and a powerful one at that. Let's see what you think of Elemental Hero Earth!"
 
A quick pan out into space, showing the planet. Two comets, one blue and one green spiral towards the earth. After a star is seen, Pegasus' new Hero appears in front of the planet (2500/2000). "Now that's an Elemental Hero, one that represents the planet." said Boss.
"Not to mention more competition to your Dark Magician." said Hamtaro.
"Nonesense."
"And I'm not through with you yet." said Pegasus, "I'll now play Miracle Fusion. We all know how it works, I remove Elemental Heroes in my graveyard from play and bring out another one. I will remove Elemental Heroes Fire Lady and Heat."
"When did that come in your possession?" asked Penelope.
"Elemental Hero Heat was one of the two cards I gave up when I played Hand destruction earlier in our duel. It's about to get hot in here, really hot. Because I attack with Elemental Hero Inferno!" and in a see of flames, this second fusion Hero appears (2300/1600).
"Geez! If it means that much to you, I apologize for disrespecting Elemental Hero Knospe." Penelope said in a panic.
"I forgive you, but let's see if my Heroes will. Ladies first. Rose Bloom, attack Penelope's face down monster with Poison Petal Storm!"
As the poisonous petals attack, Penelope's monster is revealed. "Looks like it's my turn to give thanks for destroying my Destiny Hero - Fear Monger. And since he died in battle and went to the grave, I can revive another of my D-Heroes. And I'll bring bring back Destiny Hero - Disk Commander to defend (300/300). And since he was summoned from my grave, I get to draw two cards." Penelope takes her cards.
 
"Not like that will help you. Infero, burn up Disk Commander." Pegasus continues his attack, burning up Penelope's monster.
Rufus wasn't impressed. "Where's the skill from Penelope in this duel? What a waste of my time." he said. "If Penelope doesn't do something on her next turn, I'm leaving."
"Thank-q, Disk Commander." said Penelope. "I promise you'll get your say."
"I still have one more monster to kill." said Pegasus. "Earth, get rid of Double Dude this instant." and Destiny Hero - Double Dude was destroyed. As the smoke cleared, two men were left on Penelope's side of the field (1000/1000 x2). "I forgot that when Destiny Hero - Double Dude is destroyed, he leaves behind Double Dude Tokens."
"I'm glad you remembered." said Penelope. She then took her draw, "I activate Call of the Haunted and bring back my fallen Disk Commander."
"Well, looks like you're getting another two cards."
"That's right." and Penelope draws her cards. "I'm glad we're so open about showing off our new cards, because it's time for me to show off some muscle that I couldn't bring out for a while. I'll sacrifice D-Hero Disk Commander and both of my Double Dude tokens and I'll attack with Destiny Hero - Dogma!" And for the first time in her dueling career, Penelope pulls out the strongest member of her Destiny Heroes (3400/2400). "I've waited a long time to summon this monster, and now he's here. The bad news is that you can't stop him either. I'll place these two cards face down, then I'll start raising hell. Dogma, let's put that blade to use. Cut up Elemental Hero Earth and into Pegasus' life points!"
 
Destiny Hero - Dogma goes in for the kill, but it's Elemental Hero Rose Bloom that takes the blow instead. "So, I take it the flower wanted to be the first sacrificial lamb?" asked Penelope.
"Rose Bloom protects the others from harm." said Pegasus <4600>.
"Rose Bloom's loss is only the beginning, you're gonna take more damage."
"Are you done yet?"
"Yes."
I hope you're watching this, Rufus. But at least you're starting to get down to your point. Pegasus draws. "Now-"
Before Pegasus could proceed to his move, Destiny Hero - Dogma removes the chain from around his neck, swings it around and wraps it around Pegasus. "Now for some more pain." said Penelope. "Dogma...." Destiny Hero - Dogma's chain sends volts of energy straight to Pegasus, making the card creator scream out in pain. Spectators cringed at this move. "Man, that's unreal." said Boss.
"And she's had that for how long?" asked Hamtaro.
Pegasus was finally released and he fell to his knees. "That was not pleasant." he said.
"Of course it wasn't," said Penelope. "Dogma just ripped half of your life points from you."
"I know <2300>."
 
Rufus was now paying attention. Half of your life points ripped from you... he thought. I guess that in addition to 3400 ATK points can turn a duel around pretty quickly. Looks like Pegasus' attempts to test Penelope's deck to the limits is proving entertaining... too bad she didn't play that sooner.
Pegasus regained his composure. "I'll activate the powers of Elemental Hero Earth. By tributing Elemental Hero Inferno, Inferno's ATK points are added to the ATK points of Elemental Hero Earth. Earth, use the power of magma and increase your power." and that's just what happened (4800 ATK).
Penelope was shocked. "Okay, I didn't expect that."
"Now for your set cards, I play Heavy Storm." Penelope's spell and trap cards are destroyed. "Now for Dogma. Earth, attack with Magma Slash!"
"So much for my comeback." and Penelope saw the magma blades of Elemental Hero Earth slice through Destiny Hero - Dogma like the hot knives... or, swords in this case, through butter... and her life points <1300>.
"You see, the power of my new Elemental Heroes are a much better force to be reckoned with. The drawback is that this effect only lasts for one turn (2500 ATK), but I've proven my point as the Heroes band together to overcome adversity. Your move."
"Pegasus is quite the duelist." said Rufus. "It's obvious that he is testing Penelope's deck to the limit. I guess this is what you do in accordance to the duelists you watch over..."
 
Penelope draws. "It's a long shot, but I'm playing Pot of Avarice anyway." she says. "Five monsters in my grave will return to my deck, then I shuffle my deck and draw two cards." and she resolves her effect. "One card and one monster face down and that ends my turn."
Pegasus draws. "Anything you can do, I can do better. I play Fifth Hope. Fifth Hope works just the same way as Pot of Avarice, but I take five Elemental Heroes instead of any monsters." he resolves his effect. "And now let's welcome back Elemental Hero Fire Lady. Earth, attack Penelope's face down monster."
Elemental Hero Earth destroyed Penelope's monster. "Once again, you've destroyed Fear Monger." Penelope said with a smile.
"So let me guess, you're going to bring back Disk Commander?"
"Nope. I'm defending myself this time with Double Dude."
"Fire Lady, burn through Double Dude."
"Back to the graveyard, baby." said Elemental Hero Fire Lady as she burns Destiny Hero - Double Dude.
"No matter, I got my Double Dude tokens." said Penelope.
"Before I end my turn, I activate the powers of Elemental Hero Fire Lady. Time for a little fire..." Texplains Pegasus, then the hands of Elemental Hero Fire Lady ignite, and she shoots her fire at Penelope. "She damages your life for 200 points for each of my E-Heroes on the field."
"I can take it." Penelope shrugs <900>.
"Can you?"
"Yes I can." Penelope draws and looks at her hand. "I summon Destiny Hero - Blade Master (300/600)."
"This is the first time you've summoned that monster."
"Yeah, well I have a new purpose. Because I sacrifice him and both of my tokens."
Pegasus was shocked. "Not again..."
"You're right, not again. It's time you met a new card of mine... played by me that is. Ladies and gentlehams... Destiny Hero - Plasma!"
 
And everyone witnessed the special summoning of Penelope's new monster (1900/1600). "That looks promising." said Boss.
"Promising?! Plasma looks scary." said Hamtaro.
Back duelside everyone had their eyes on the new Destiny Hero. I wonder that that Hero can do... thought Rufus.
Penelope began to explain. "This Destiny Hero can absorb one of my opponents' monsters. Plasma, assimilate Elemental Hero Earth." and that's what happened. "Now, Plasma takes half of Earth's ATK points and adds them to his own (3150 ATK). Plasma, destroy Elemental Hero Fire Lady!"
Pegasus sees his Hero destroyed. Very good play, Penelope. he thought <450>.
"Well, any thoughts about this duel being dull have been forgotten."
"That they have."
"I end my turn, but you have to admit that I've been keeping myself to your pars."
"This is an intense duel, yet you've shown that when the chips are down that you can get in gear." Pegasus giggled as he drew. "I play Lightning Vortex." Pegasus discards the last card in his hand to destroy Destiny Hero - Plasma. "And that's my turn."
He has no cards at all and my hand has spells. If I draw a monster, I win. Penelope thought as she begins to draw.
I hope you've watched this duel, Rufus. thought Pegasus.
Penelope draws Elemental Hero Sparkman. "The game is mine. Pegasus, this has been a great duel, however, it has to end like all things do. Elemental Hero Sparkman, Static Shockwave!" Penelope summons her Hero (1600/1400). He then leaps into the air, charges up his attack, and fires at Pegasus to end the duel."
 
Everyone watching the duel clapped at how this duel turned out. "Like I said, Destiny Hero - Plasma is promising." said Boss.
"In a way, Plasma works just like Relinquished." said Hamtaro.
"Yes, and Penelope's Destiny Heroes are something. I wonder what Jam thought of this duel...."
"Granted he was watching."
"Yeah, he's probably dueling someone at this point."
Back duelside, Penelope was shaking paws with everyone that watched. "Like I said, that deck of yours is something." said Cassie.
"Yeah, that duel was hard earned." said Penelope.
"This duel was an experience that I will never forget." said Pegasus. "But then again, it was the Dragonlord that brought out your dueling ambition."
"No way..." said Cassie.
"Yes, Jam taught Penelope everything he knew and Penelope here adapted what she learned from him and created her own style."
"Pegasus...." Penelope said with a red face.
"As impressive as this duel was, I have things to do. So I must be going now. Continue to become a great duelist and show me more of your clever style." and Pegasus took his leave.
Penelope saw him leave, then left the dueling arena. As she did, the next duelists entered the dueling arena.
 
Rufus also took his leave, content with what he saw. I must say, Penelope's powerhouse Destiny Hero monsters would've probably had my head in a duel. he thought as he walked away. Sadly, Pegasus is right. I need more work with my deck, but I have found out how to counter you. Soon, you will face me and the power of my deck. Know this, I am the true Hero duelist, Penelope, and not you.
Pegasus was heading along the trail with a smile on his face. Rufus... you better be careful when you duel Penelope. he thought. Once you've prepared your deck, be prepared to truly face her power.
"Pegasus! Wait!" Pegasus saw Penelope running towards him. "Oh good, I caught up to you."
"That you have. Come and walk with me, Penelope."
"Sure."
Penelope walked with Pegasus and the two went into a restricted area of the fun park. "Penelope," Pegasus began. "I want you to realize that there is a reason why I aimed to face you."
"How so?" asked Penelope.
"That duel was a test."
"Test?"
"Yes, a test. I needed to test your skills as a Hero duelist and the results aren't to my liking."
"I failed, didn't I...."
"You succeeded, but not over 90% like I had hoped."
"I see."
"You should always duel at your best, not when you're in trouble like what happened in our duel. You should also keep from being iritated, as well as imitated from another duelist's strategy. And remember, try more interesting combos like you did with Double Dude."
"No problem."
"Had you scored 90% or higher, I would've given you these third string Elemental Heroes."
"Third string?"
 
"There are three strings to the Elemental Heroes. But before I explain them, how is your new E-Hero deck coming along?"
"Bad, I still can't get the Neo-Spacians. The Chrysalis forms can only do so much. I mean, I can understand that Aqua Dolphin, Flare Scarab, Dark Panther and Air Hummingbird are super rares... which are hard to come by, and the sought after rare Grand Mole, but I can't even get a Glow Moss and he's common."
"First off, Glow Moss is female."
"Wow, 0 for 2..."
"Not your fault, it's hard to tell with certain plants. Moving on... there are three strings of the Elemental Heroes. The first string consists of Wildheart, Avian, Clayman, Bladedge, Sparkman, Bubbleman, Burstinatrix and Necroshade, with Hero Kid and Wroughtweiler on support. The second string consists of Neos, regualar and Alias, Captain Gold and the crew of the Neo-Spacians."
 
"The Neo-Spacians count as E-Heroes, I thought they'd be on support?"
"Not when they fuse to create an upgraded version of Neos. Support comes in the form of Neo Space Pathfinder."
"At least I have her."
"Then of course is the third string. Of these Heroes, you already have Ocean and Stratos, as most duelist would have them by now. The others from the third string I used against you."
"You mean, Knospe and Rose Bloom, Lady Fire, Heat and Woodsman?"
"Yes, but there was one I didn't get to use against you. Elemental Hero Voltic."
"Can I see that one?"
"No. This string of E-Heroes will remain with me, but I will give you this." and Pegasus hands Penelope a silver booster pack that was plain.
"This is for me?"
"Yes, and it'll help you out with your deck. It's another set of Heroes exclusive only to you. Now run along, Penelope."
"But Pega-"
"Run along now, Penelope."
"Right... I won't let you down again." and off Penelope ran.
Pegasus continued on his way. You didn't let me down, dear Penelope. thought Pegasus. You just haven't fully unlocked your potential yet. I potential that I plan to see at full power.