Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ what you got? ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meanwhile, Cappy took this opportunity to pick up where he left off on his date with Petal. "So, when did Jewel get those Gladiator Beast cards?" asked Cappy.
"I don't know, he usually doesn't duel with them." said Petal.
"He doesn't?"
"Nope, he actually prefers to duel with winged-beast type monsters. So seeing him with the Gladiator Beasts was a new twist."
"I don't like those monsters."
"Still have sour grapes?"
"No, but anytime you play monsters that retreat into your deck is just borderline cheap. Now don't get me wrong, the strategy is well composed..."
"Yeah."
"So how is fairy training going?"
"Bad, very bad. Bijou is holding out on me and I'm not going to take it anymore."
"Now come on, Bijou isn't that bad. You act like she's strict and strict isn't Bijou's style... not in the slightest."
"Well, look at the squirt and his companion."
 
Cappy and Petal see Sparkle approaching them. "Sparkle, you missed out on the change between Jam and Aqua." said Petal.
"Tell me about it, that duel has been the talk of the park all day." said Sparkle.
"I can't believe Jam pulled out the Blue-Eyes...." Cappy said.
"I wonder if he has three of them." said Petal.
"Probably, probably not." said Sparkle. "But the dueling action today has been outstanding. Everywhere you turn there's a duel going on, or just starting."
"That's because Jam has a vendetta on his head." said Cappy.
"Vendetta, eh?" Sparkle was intrigued
"Either way, I don't like this change in Jam. This is worse than when he held Kerin as a gambling chip last tournament against Hiei."
"That was just so Hiei wouldn't do anything cheap."
"Either way, it's still not like him." said Petal. "Or so I hear."
"I also heard that Necrophade Black have some new cards." said Sparkle. "I guess the Phantom Darkness set is out, hopefully I can get some of the boosters."
"They're out now?" asked Petal.
"That's my guess. I plan on getting some before the vendors run out, because booster packs have been flying off the shelves of stores, so to speak."
"It is true, the booster packs for Phantom Darkness are out... Too bad none of you are skilled enough to use them properly."
 
Cappy, Petal and Sparkle see Muri standing in front of them. Her expression was still gloomy and sad as normal, but the hams weren't backing away. "Listen girl, you may have beaten the rest of those duelists, but you won't win against me." said Sparkle.
"Please, you are too weak to go against my gems." said Muri. "Your duel against Shena should've told you that. Pathetic birds, it'll take more than feathers to stop me."
"Is that so?" Sparkle glared into Muri's sad eyes. "Then let's see if your gems can back up your mouth. And don't give me that 'I'm not worth your time.' bullshit."
"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."
And just like that, Sparkle and Muri prepared to duel. "Okay you squirts, watch me work." said Sparkle.
"They will watch you lose." said Muri.
"Just get ready to get whooped on, you little brat. It's time you got a crash course in Duel School."
"We'll see who gets taught."
 
"Class is in session, brat." said Sparkle as she drew. "I'll start with two cards face down and summon Birdface (1600/1600). Now let's see what you've got."
Muri draws. "One card face down and I'll end my turn." she says as she makes her move.
Sparkle draws. "Birdface, attack!" Sparkle's monster goes in for the attack.
"Reveal my Last Resort. Since you're attacking me, this trap let's me take my Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins from my deck and play it." Muri activates her spell and shuffles her deck.
"This is where my Magic Jammer comes in. So I'll discard my card and be rid of your field spell." Sparkle's trap takes effect and Muri takes the blow from Birdface <6400>. "You're not so tough at all, brat. Now make your move."
Muri draws. "One card face down and I'll end my turn."
Sparkle draws. "One more time, Birdface."
Oh well.... and Muri takes the hit again <4800>.
"Your move."
Muri draws. "One more card face down and I'll end my turn."
Sparkle draws. "Something's up, this is just too easy. I'll reveal my Icarus Attack trap card. It's been fun, Birdface, but I'm not going to risk you getting whacked by a face down, so I'll sacrifice you instead. But it lets me destroy two cards on the field."
 
Lightning fell from the sky, striking Birdface and destroying Muri's face down cards as well. "Get her good, Sparkle." said Petal.
Something is wrong, why isn't she putting up a fight? thought Cappy. This isn't like her.
Sparkle continues her move. "I'll set this card face down, then I'll attack you with Harpie Lady 3 (1300/1400)." and Muri take another shot, losimg more life points <3500>. "You know, I can understand that you're scared and all, but at least give me something to fight with."
"Am I boring you?" asked Muri.
"No, but you're only proving to be all talk and no show. So do something already."
Muri draws. "Honestly, you aren't worth my time. One card face down and I'll end my turn."
"You little brat, you aren't even fighting. I want a do over in this duel, because you're becoming pathetic."
"Fine, we'll start over. But let me see what my next draw would've been."
"I'll do the same." Sparkl drew her card. Terraforming....
Muri drew her card. Oh well....
 
Both girls shuffle their decks. "You better actually fight back this time, because we couldn't even call that a duel." said Sparkle.
"I don't want to duel you anyway, but I will so you'll leave me alone." said Muri.
I got a bad feeling that Sparkle should just walk away now. thought Cappy.
Afterwards, the girls drew again. "Now, let's see what you can do this time." said Sparkle as she drew. "I'll begin this turn with Harpie Lady 3, then I'll play Harpies' Hunting Ground." The field changed into open plains of high terrain. "This field spell boosts the ATK and DEF of winged-beasts by 200 points (1500/1600). Now let's see if you can combat me better in our official duel."
"If it means that you'll leave me alone, then fine." said Muri.
"Don't get mad because you ran your mouth off."
Muri draws. "I summon Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle." A cobalt gemstone appears on the field and shatters revealing Muri's monster. "And since my Eagle is a winged-best, your field makes him stronger (1600/1000). Go, Cobalt Eagle. Send that Harpie Lady to the graveyard."
Sparkle saw her monster destroyed <7900>. "So I lost my Harpie, but her effect kicks in, disabling your Cobalt Eagle from attacking me for two whole turns."
"Muri, do something, I can't sink my talons into her anymore." said Cobalt Eagle.
"Let's change the environment to Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins!" Muri's field spell grew around the hunting ground, leaving only the dirt from it and the colosseum surrounding them. "Your move."
Sparkle draws. "One card face down, then I summon Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress 2 (1200/1000)."
 
"So that's the second one, I knew there were two." said Petal.
"I like the first one better." said Cappy.
"Well I don't have the first one, so shaddup." said Sparkle.
"You should pay more attention to me, loser." said Muri.
"Just move." Muri then draws her card, "I will now play Icarus Attack, sacrificing my monster and destroying your two cards."
Just like last time, Lightning hits Sparkle's monster and destroys Muri's cards in the process. But as the field returned to normal, cobalt colred dust blankets Muri's side of the field. When this settles, Sparkle sees a piece of cobalt on Muri's side of the field. "Wait a minute..." she said.
"You may have destroyed my Eagle, but he remains on the field." said Muri. "Now for my turn. I'll set one card face down and summon Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger." and the second gem takes monster form (1600/1000). "Tiger, let's show Sparkle the business end of those claws."
"Great."
Topaz Tiger goes in for the attack. "And when my Tiger attacks, his attack power increases by 400 points." and Sparkle takes a shot <5900>. "Your move."
Sparkle draws. "I'll play Heavy Storm." and this spell destroys Muri's spell/trap cards.
"What a waste, that still doesn't save you from my Tiger."
"No, but at least I can give you a direct shot from my Sonic Shooter (1300/600). Since you have no spell/trap cards, he can attack you directly."
"Yawn..." Muri takes the blow <6700>.
"One card face down and that ends my turn."
Muri draws. "I'll sacrifice my Topaz Tiger and summon Magna-Slash Dragon (2400/1200). That's all for now."
That girl has two gems active. Five more and she can call out that dragon. thought Cappy. You better get with the program, Sparkle.
Sparkle draws. "It's worth it. I'll play Lightning Vortex." She discards the last card in her hand and lightning falls from the sky, destroying Muri's dragon. "Sonic Shooter, direct attack."
She's confident. thought Muri as she took another shot <5400>.
"Now I'm in the lead."
"So what?"
 
"You better be ready for me, brat. Because I plan on whoopin' you."
"Not with an empty hand." Muri draws. "Time to play Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger."
"Another one?"
"Yes, another one. I'll also play Smashing Ground and destroy your Sonic Shooter." A giant fist comes down and slams into Sparkle's monster. "Attack directly!"
"Lovely, so much for my lead..." and Sparkle took a direct shot <3900>.
"Your move."
Sparkle draws. "Your turn."
"Too bad." Muri draws. "So, why did you let me win?"
"Think of it as empathy."
"Well then, one more time?"
"Sure, but I wanna see my next card."
"Go ahead."
Sparkle saw her next card. This wouldn't have helped me anyway.
Muri saw her next card. Useless...
 
Both girls shuffle their decks, then surrender their deck to their opponent to cut. Once they got their decks back, it was time for the actual duel. "I will go first this time." said Muri.
"Go ahead, but just get ready to get whooped." said Sparkle.
"And this time, duel for real already." said Petal. "I don't wanna sit through another faker duel."
"Agreed." said Muri and Sparkle.
Now that they're both serious, let's see a full duel. thought Cappy.
Muri draws. "I'll summon Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle, then I'll welcome you back to Rome with Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins." The field changes to the colosseum and Muri's Monster flies down to the ground in an offensive stance. "Your move."
Sparkle draws. "I'll summon something new this time, bow down to Harpie Queen." she said and her monster appears on the field (1900/1200). "Next, I'll welcome you back to Harpies' Hunting Ground." The Rainbow Ruins crumbled to the ground, leaving the Hunting Ground as a result. "And as you know, winged-beasts get a boost (1600/1000) (2100/1400). "Though she is the queen, she still counts as Harpie Lady, so I'll now play one card face down and move your monster from battle." Harpie Queen destroys Cobalt Eagle, damaging Muri's life points <7500>. And for the second time, cobalt dust blankets Muri's field. The gem itself soon appears seconds afterwards. "Your move."
Muri draws. "One card face down and a monster in defense mode to end my turn." Muri sighs. That is a strong bird, one I know she won't waste Icarus Attack on. she thought. Not that it matters, I plan on getting rid of it anyway.
Sparkle draws. "I don't trust your hand, so I'll play Card Destruction."
 
Both girls send their hands to the graveyard, then draw new hands. But where Sparkle draws three cards, Muri only draws two. "Let's see how you like Nobleman of Crossout."
Crap.
Sparkle's monster hits the face down card of Muri's, which is revealed as Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth. Sparkle laughed. "Yeah, I removed one of your gems, now you have to give up every Amber Mammoth in your deck." she said.
"That effect only applies to flip effect monsters, not normal effect monsters." said Muri. "But you did take away my Mammoth, so good for you." Muri removes her Amber Mammoth from play.
"Oh well, it gives me the ability to tear a nice chunk out of your life points. Harpie Queen, attack her directly!" Sparkle give Harpie Queen her orders and the monster goes in for Muri's life points.
"Not this time. I reveal my Crystal Raigeki trap card, and use my Cobalt to destroy your Harpie Queen."
 
The cobalt stone explodes, sending its many shards at Harpie Queen, destroying her in the process. "Nice save." said Cappy.
"Hmf, lucky move." said Sparkle. "One card face down and I'll end my turn."
Muri sighs, then drew. "Time I introduced you to Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus." A sapphire appears on Muri's side of the field and opens up to reveal her monster (1800/1200). "When I summon my Pegasus, I can bring one of my gems to the field. And I'll place my second piece of Amber into the spell/trap zone." Muri does this and shuffles her deck. "Pegasus, attack!"
Sapphire Pegasus goes in for the blow. "Nothing personal, I'm just following orders." it says.
"I'm not mad, but I'm going to hit you with Sakuretsu Armor now." said Sparkle.
 
Sapphire colored dust blankets Muri's field, then the gem in question appears. "I'll now play Rare Value."
"And how does that work?"
"Well, I need two gems in my spell/trap zone, which you can see that I have. I draw two cards, but after you choose which gem goes to the graveyard."
"Well, I choose the Sapphire."
"Okay, so long to my sapphire." The Sapphire Pegasus' stone goes to the graveyard and Muri draws two cards. "Well look at that, I drew my second sapphire, not to mention my emerald. Your turn."
Hurry it up, Sparkle. thought Cappy. Muri already has three gems in play.
"Cappy, are you okay?" asked Petal.
"Sparkle better get a move on whooping Muri before she ends up getting the whooped." Cappy answered.
"I don't understand."
"Let's just say it's looking bad for Sparkle."
Looking bad for me, yeah right. thought Sparkle as she drew. "Your turn."
Muri draws. "I play Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise." Another gem appears on the field (600/2000). "I attack directly with Emeral Cutter!" Emerald Tortoise retreats into his shell and spins around, shooting emerald blades at Sparkle.
"It's about time you did some damage." Sparkle says <7400>.
"And when one of my gems attacks, my Emerald's ability lets a gem switch into defense mode." Muri explains as her monster retreats into its shell again. "My turn is over, but I plan on getting rid of you soon."
"We'll see." Sparkle draws. "You're lucky I'm getting bad draws, so move."
"You're the one who's lucky." Muri draws. "Now I'll play my second Sapphire Pegasus." The second sapphire appears on Muri's side of the field.
 
"Geez, you must have two of each gem, don't you?"
"Moving on, into my deck to pull another gem. I will place my Amethyst this time." and Muri's fifth gem appears on the field. Then she shuffles her deck.
Cappy shook his head. "This duel is about to be over." he said.
"But Sparkle hasn't lost that much life points." said Petal.
"Sparkle, you idiot! You're gonna lose the duel now because of your poor deck managing skills!" Cappy yelled.
"Shut up, squirt. I don't need any help from backseat duelists." said Sparkle.
"Yet the backseat duelist is right." said Muri.
"Heke?"
"But don't worry, you'll soon see anyway. I have almost all that I need to waste your pitiful deck. But for now, I'll play Crystal Beacon. Since two gems are in my spell/trap zone, I can special summon another gem from my deck. So now I'll special summon in attack mode my next gem, Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle!" After it's pulled from her deck, Muri's sixth gem appears on the field as she shuffles her deck (300/300). And when my Ruby is summoned, it brings along as many of the other gems in my spell/trap zone as possible. Okay Ruby Carbuncle, let's call in the cavalry."
"Ruby, ruby!" says ruby Carbuncle and lifts its tail up. From the gem on the tip of its tail, two ruby colored beams appear and hit the other two gems. Then the gems start to crack from the beams that hit them.
"Now let's introduce to you the cavalry." said Muri. "And yes, they will be attacking you. First, is Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth (1700/1600). And then there's Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat (1200/400). I'll now switch my Emerald Tortoise into attack mode and now we will assault your life points."
 
"Whoa, this is what you meant, Cappy." said Petal.
"Like I said, this duel is over." said Cappy.
 
Man, this isn't happening.... thought Sparkle.
"Before I send my gems to trample your life points, I simply want to say that I told you about how you weren't worth my time in a duel." said Muri.
"You're just lucky I had bad draws." said Sparkle.
"Stop making excuses for your pitiful birds. Now my gems, attack her!" and Muri's monsters charge Sparkle.
"Man, this is gonna hurt."
"Of it's gonna hurt you, your're going to be trampled for 5600 damage."
"Oh fuck...."
Yeah, Sparkle had the proper idea after getting bombarded by gems <1800>. "Man, she's gonna feel that for the rest of the day." said Petal.
"And probably next afternoon." added Cappy.
Sparkle rose to her feet slowly. "What you've failed to understand is that Shena is also from the Duel School." said Muri. "She went to the same Duel School you did, but she graduated even faster than you. Her dueling skills have set records, records that have shattered your own. Many of my strategies I found possible from watching Shena duel, she's more beautiful as well as more skilled as a duelist than you ever will be. You and your pathetic little birds, wastes of dueling space. I'll use the effect of my Emerald Tortoise to switch Ruby Carbuncle into defense mode and end my turn."
The only thing that will save me is if I draw Lightning Vortex, or maybe Call of the Haunted. Well, here goes. and Sparkle draws. "It's comeback time, I summon Slate Warrior (1900/400). Now attack Emerald Tortoise!"
"Pathetic girl...." and Muri sees her emerald destroyed <6200>. Emerald colored dust blankets her side of the field. "You should've just surrendered to me, because this is a futile attempt to make a comeback." The emerald appears in Muri's spell/trap zone.
"I don't make futile moves, nor do I surrender to the likes of you." said Sparkle. "Now make your move."
Muri draws. "For all of your wasted attempts at a comeback, celebrating the winning of one battle over the win of the true contest. What a fool's glory can do to the weak...."
 
Cappy then notices Muri's expression. I knew it. Muri doesn't talk like that... he thought. It must be him....
"Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger!" and the last gem appears on Muri's side of the field. "And let's not forget, that when he battles your Slate Warrior, he will be at 2000 points. Though he will lose ATK points after the battle, it doesn't matter, because my Pegasus will be the one to finish you off. So I will now punish you for being a pathetic duelist, instead of just finishing you off. Because... I just want to, that's why. So I'll place Ruby Carbuncle into attack mode, yes, Ruby will damage you too. But first, Amethyst Cat gets to attack you directly due to her effect. Luckily for you, her effect cuts her power in half, but at least I get to let her sink her claws into you. Now my Cat, since I owe you some action, give her a direct swipe." and Amethyst Cat goes in for the blow.
"Sheesh, that's just plain mean." said Sparkle.
"Silence, you fool!" Amethyst cat scratches Sparkle <1200>. "Topaz Tiger, destroy Slate Warrior."
Sparkle saw her monster destroyed. "Now just hit me with the Pegasus and be done with it <1100>."
"I attack how I want, loser. Ruby, your turn."
Sparkle is shot by Ruby Carbuncle. "You're a cold little bitch, aren't you?" <800>.
"The world is cold, not I. Pegasus, it's time to deal the final blow."
"No way." said Sapphire Pegasus. "I understand sending a message, but overkill is just wrong."
"You've gotten soft, Pegasus." said Amber Mammoth. "No matter, I'll attack instead." and he charges Sparkle. "This is for removing the other Mammoth." and Amber Mammoth stomps a mudhole in Sparkle, bringing an unsportsmanlike end to the duel.
 
"That's a shame." said Petal.
"No it's not." said Cappy.
"For once, you're right." then Nazaruda walked in and approached Muri.
"I knew it was you all along. Muri wouldn't say stuff like that."
"You have no idea of what Muri is capable of." Nazaruda explained. "Sparkle... be lucky that you were given mercy this duel."
"Mercy was give from me to her, I didn't have to start over our first duel." said Sparkle.
"Hmf, you don't get it."
"Don't waste your breath on her, she isn't worth it." said Muri.
"True, so let's take our leave." Nazaruda and Muri walk away.
"Are you okay, Sparkle?" asked Petal as she helped Sparkle to her feet.
"My pride hurts, but I'll live." Sparkle answered.
"You'll live for now anyway." said Nazaruda, then he and Muri walked out of sight.
"Those two have issues." said Petal.
"Tell me about it." said Sparkle.
"Nazaruda was controlling Muri." said Cappy. "She didn't speak like that last time. I feel sorry for her in a way...."
"Why?" ask Petal and Sparkle.
"Because Nazaruda's using her like a puppet. Tugging at her strings like an evil puppeteer. Muri isn't a marionette, she's a hamster like us."
"Well, I lost." said Sparkle. "Anyway, let's get some boster packs."
 
Jam had opened his Phantom Darkness booster and was checking out his rare card. "Super Polymerization. Discard 1 card. Send from either side of the field to the graveyard, fusion material monsters listed on a fusion monster card and special summon that monster from your fusion deck (this counts as a fusion summon)." he was intrigued. "Quick-play fusion, I like it. Card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. Sweet, quik-play fusion that can't be stopped. I still have one more card left of my nine." Jam places the Super Polymerization in his side deck, then reads the next card. "Cybernetic Zone, another quick-play card. Select 1 face-up machine-type fusion monster you control and remove it from play until the end phase of this turn. When the monster is returned to the field, double its ATK and destroy it during your next standby phase. I might have a use for this, but this card looks more up Panda's alley than mine. Note to self, get more Super Polymerization."