Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ duel monsters moment 5 ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time again for another installment of Duel Monster Moment. No time to waste in formalities, so let's just get t the card.
 
This moment's duel monster is Evil Hero Hell Brat. "Quit playing around and use the real name, Evil Hero Infernal Prodigy." is what people say to me, but the truth is I'm saying the actual name of the card. Remember, the FCC doesn't want us using certain words on cards and "hell" is one of them. So we have infernal instead, and the same thing went of with Evil Heroes Hell Gainer and Hell Sniper. Moving back to Hell Brat, you'll find him in the Jaden-3 boosters and is the eighth card in the set... Hell Brat is also a super rare card. This two star dark fiend stands at 300/600 and has the following effect: If you control no monsters, you can special summon this card from your hand in face-up attack position. If you tribute this card to tribute summon an "Elemental Hero", "Destiny Hero", or "Evil Hero", draw 1 card during this turn's end phase.
 
Well, the latter half of this card's effect explains how you would use it. This guy works in any Hero deck. On a side note (one that most of you should already know about), Evil Heroes are the dark-fiend counterparts of the Elemental Heroes, and Hell Brat is the Evil counterpart to Hero Kid. Hell Brat is the perfect move opener for any hero deck and Rufus pulled off the perfect example of this. He brought out Hell Brat, then sacrificed it for Malicious Edge. Which makes this very smart on an opening turn to set up shop and also get a card back at the end of the turn. You can also do Hell Brat the same way with Elemental Hero Necroshade, as well as Destiny Hero - Malicious. Remember that your tributed Hero must be summoned and not set in order to get the card back albeit Hell Brat's third effect.
 
Another note on the Hell Brat/D-Hero combination: Hell Brat only gives the card back for a tribute summon of the D-Hero in question, you don't get the card back if he's a tribute for Destiny Heroes Dogma and Plasma, as their tributes lead to a special summon. Tribute summons (and I'm speaking to the rookies or those dumbasses who don't understand the card and want to abuse it) are normal summons, not special summons. And of course, like all fiends, you can use cards that protect it. Hell Brat is effected by two specific field spells: Yami, which works on fiends and spellcasters (in addition to harming fairies) for a slight boost and Mystical Plasma Zone do accent his dark element. A costly way to defend Hell Brat is with the trap card Bark of Dark Ruler. This trap protects one of your targeted fiends by weakening your opponent's attacking monster by paying increments of 100 life points. Like I said, costly. Hopefully, they will make a field spell for Evil Heroes later on in the game, like an Evil City or whatnot.
 
more moments later, duelists.