Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ confrontation ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Before I get to typing this chapter, I want to let you readers in on how the duels work. In half of the cases, the duels of this series are thought up and written out. The other half of the duels are played out by me card for card. Boss' duel with Jam in this chapter will be played out card for card. When duels are played out like that, it brings a whole new twist to what you already have planned. And this duel will be monologue free. Enjoy!
 
-kattx
 
 
Boss and Jam activate their duel disks as they stand apart from each other in the sand of the playground. "Okay Jam, this phase of yours, whatever the hell you're going through has to stop." said Boss. "How do you plan on helping everyone out by keeping their cards from them?"
"It helps them think on their toes with a new strategy." Jam answered. "Besides, Nazaruda and the rest of the Rexchus already know their decks and how to beat them. And aside from that, Hamtaro and company will never grow if they use the same deck over and over again. There's no improvement in that."
"You're doing more damage than help."
"Get to the point of this lecture, because we have a duel to play."
Boss shook his head. It's no use, he's too far gone for his own good. he thought, then took a sigh. "Okay Jam, this is how our duel is going to work. And since you're a ham of your word, we're going to up the ante here."
"Ante..."
"Here's the deal: I win, you give everyone their decks back tomorrow."
"And when you lose?"
"The first half of my Council of Divine Magic is yours to keep, every card in the deck."
"You're willing to give up your deck just for everyone else's sake?"
"Damn straight, Jam. And I know you would do the same thing... or, at least the Jam you were would."
"The 'Jam I was' you say? Have I really changed in your eyes that much? No matter, I won last time in a few turns. That's how long it took for me to upll off something powerful against you last time."
 
"I don't fear any of the dragons you weild, including the Five God Dragon. So give me everything you've got."
"Well you lost last time, so you have first honors."
"I'll take second move."
"Shuffle well, Summoner, you're going to need it this duel."
"You do the same, Dragonlord."
Both duelists shuffle for twenty-five seconds, then draw their five cards. After that, a look of their opponent's face was all that was left to be said. "Diaha!" both duelists yell.
I won't lose without a fight this time, Jam. thought Boss.
Jam draws. "I set two cards face down and summon Gray Wing." Jam makes his move (1300/700). "Your move."
Boss draws. "I'll set one card face down and summon Injection Fairy Lily." he makes his move (400/1500). "Lily, pump it up and attack!"
 
Injection Fairy Lily flies towards Gray Wing, pulls back on the end of her giant needle <6000> (3400 ATK), then plunges it into the dragon. Jam saw his monster destroyed <6900>. "Activate Michizure," he said, "and Lily dies with my dragon."
Boss saw his monster get dragged into the grave by Jam's dragon. "I end my turn." he said, turning over the move to Jam.
Jam draws. "One card face down and Firegrass in attack mode (700/600). Direct attack!"
Boss takes the shot. "Tch... <5300>"
"Your move."
Boss draws. "I summon Ebon Magician Curran and end my turn (1200/0)."
Jam draws. "Your move."
Boss draws. "First off, Curran's effect comes into play. Curran, let's put that whip to work."
Jam takes the shot from the whip. One monster doesn't hurt so much. he thought <6600>.
"Next," Boss continued, "I sacrifice Ebon Magician Curran for my Dark Magician Girl (2000/1700). That's it for this turn, your move."
 
Jam draws. "I play Lightning Vortex to destroy your Dark Magician Girl." he discards a card and lightning falls from the sky.
"Reveal Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell!" Boss counters.
"Great..."
"We all know how it works, so I'll discard my Level Modulation spell to activate it." The lightning fades away before impact.
"One card face down and that's all for me."
Three cards face down and a monster in attack mode. There's a trap somewhere. Boss draws. "First, I'll place Mana here in defense mode. Then I'll place one card face down and summon the Mystic Tomato (1400/1100). I'll attack with the Mystic Tomato, destroy Firegrass." Boss' monster attacks.
"I'll activate Mirror Force."
I knew there was a trap...
Mirror Force destroys the Mystic Tomato. "Your move."
A defense position Magician Girl and a face down card... probably Spellbinding Circle. Jam draws. "I'd play you, but the timing is wrong... you're also still blank, but I won't risk getting wiped out. I'll place Firegrass in defense mode and end my turn."
Boss draws. "I'll wait this turn. I'll place Mana in attack mode and end my turn."
Jam draws. "Your move."
Boss draws. "I'll place one monster in defense mode and end my turn."
He's trying to draw me out. Jam draws. "One card face down, one monster in defense mode and Firegrass on the attack to end my turn."
Boss draws. "Okay, I'll bite. Mana, attack Firegrass with Dark Burning!"
"Activate Shift, this will switch your Dark Magician Girl's attack to another monster on my side of the field."
"But your other monster is face down..."
"The card text reads another monster, it doesn't say the other monster has to be face up."
 
Dark Magician Girl attacks Jam's face down monster, but the monster survives and is revealed (1300/2000). The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave, I should've known. thought Boss.
"Are you done yet?" Jam asked.
"No." Boss answered. "I summon my Rapid-Fire Magician and end my turn (1600/1200)."
Jam draws. "I'll reveal The Dragon's Bead, then play the spell Stamping Destruction."
Shit! A giant foot destroys Boss' spell. "I'll chain my face down Magical Dimension <4800>. I'll sacrifice my Rapid-Fire Magician and pull out this, the Dark Magician of Chaos." and Boss' DMoC hits the field (2800/2600).
Fuck, why now?
"And don't forget, I can still destroy one of your monsters, your Dragon Dwelling in the Cave to be exact."
Jam saw his dragon destroyed. Okay, I guess I have problems now. he mentally began to panic.
"But there's more," Boss explained, "since I special summoned this mage, in attack mode of course, I get a spell back. And of course, I return my Magical Dimension in my graveyard that I just used back into my hand." and Boss reclaimed his spell.
"Fine, I'll go for broke. I sacrifice Firegrass and pull out the White Horns Dragon (2200/1400)."
"Hmf, White Horns... So I lose spells in my graveyard from play, too bad I only have Level Modulation." Boss removes the spell in his graveyard from play. "300 extra ATK points is fine, but your dragon still can't take on DMoC."
"True (2500 ATK), but that doesn't mean I can't take out one mage. White Horns, impale the Dark Magician Girl."
Boss saw his monster destroyed <4300>. Oh well.
"Your move."
 
Jam is gusty, but it won't save him from me. Boss thought, then drew. "Two cards face down, then I'll sacrifice my face down monster to set another monster face down. And now for my DMoC... attack the White Horns Dragon and remove it from play."
So much for the bluff.... Jam thought and saw his dragon destroyed <6300>.
"Your move."
Gotta get rid of DMoC. Jam draws. "No good. One monster in defense mode and that's it." Jam had his move.
This game is mine. With Lightning Vortex Sealed away, he has nothing left to stop me. Boss smiled as he drew. "It's time to put you away, I summon the Skilled Dark Magician (1900/1700), then I flip summon my Neo Aqua Madoor (1200/3000). DMoC, plow the road."
Jam's monster was revealed, which screamed as it was destroyed. My Decoy Dragon... gone... he thought.
"Skilled Dark Magican and Neo Aqua Madoor will now attack you directly." Boss continued his move and saw Jam take the two blows <3200>. "Unless you pull out a miracle in your next draw, this game is mine. Now move."
Jam draws. "Your move."
Boss draws. "Skilled Dark Magician, direct attack."
Of course he's going to attack me. Jam thought as he took the blow <1300>.
"DMoC, attack now and get everyone's decks back!"
"Gah!" the finishing blow knocked Jam five feet backwards and into the sand. He had lost.
The effects of the duel faded away. "You lose, Jam." Boss said.
Jam took to his feet. "Yeah, I lost." he admitted. "Well, I guess everyone will be happy to get their cards back tomorrow, huh?"
"Yup, they will."
*
 
The next morning, all of the hams showed up, but Jam wasn't around. "So Boss, just why are we still here anyway?" asked Hamtaro.
"Because today is a good day for you all." Boss answered.
"Well, you better get to the point soon, because I wanna go to the fun park and get in some more duels."
"Same here." said Oxnard.
"Me too." said Howdy.
"We're waiting for Jam, as soon as he manages to get his butt in gear." said Boss.
"Wouldn't Jam like, already be here?" asked Sandy.
"When I woke up, he was nowhere to be found." Boss answered her.
"That's because I went to deal with some photos of mine." Everyone turns to see Jam walking up to them.
"It took you long enough to get back. Leave a note next time, will ya?" Hamtaro scolded him.
Jam shook his head. "I deserved that."
"That you do."
"Is everyone here, Boss?"
"Everyone's here..." Boss said as he looked around. "Oh wait, Penelope's not here."
"Someone mention my name?"
 
Penelope soon approaches and stands next to Sandy. After he saw everyone was here, Jam took a deep breath, exhaled and began to address his fellow hams. "Okay duelists, now it's time for why Boss has kept you here." he began.
"Finally." said Hamtaro.
"Shut up, Hamtaro." said Stan. "Take it away, brother."
"Tinky." said Jam. "After all of you went home, Boss and I had a duel... a duel in which I lost."
"You lost?" asked Cappy.
"Yes, I lost, fair and square to be exact. And as a result of that... I agreed to give everyone their cards back."
The hams jumped for joy. "Sweet, we get our cards back." said Cappy.
"Boss, you rule." said Howdy.
Just then, Pegasus walks up. "I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, Commander Charge." he said. "As a reminder of our agreement, you will use a deck that I have prepared for you."
"Crap, that's right." Howdy disdainfully remembered. "A deal is a deal after all."
"That it is." and Pegasus pulled out a deck. "Normally, I would use the default, but since you use more... I have made this deck of forty-five cards. You will use it from here on out, so Jam gets to keep your current deck." and Pegasus gives the deck to Jam.
"Well Howdy, come and get it." said Jam.
"Right, I get it." said Howdy and he took the deck Pegasus made for him.
"Penelope, you get your cards back first."
Penelope went up to her deck. "I can have my cards back, no foolin' or anything?" she asked.
"The seals have been removed from all of your decks, all you have to do now is reclaim your cards."
"Sweet." and Penelope took her deck back.
 
Afterwards, the other hams took back their decks so that the only deck Jam had was the one he had collected from Howdy. "Well, my time here is done." said Pegasus, then he took his leave.
"Later Pegasus." said Jam.
"Pegasus, this deck better be good." said Howdy.
"If you're skilled enough, you can weild it." said Pegasus as he was walking away from the hams. Howdy-boy has his work cut out for him with that deck. But then again, it's pretty much a deck of thunder-type monsters.
"Pegasus, wait." he heard someone say.
"Hm?"
Pegasus turns to see Panda approaching him. "I wanted to talk to you about the ban list." said Panda. "Specifically, about the Cyber Dragon. Why semi-limit it?"
"Because if you count the Protos, that's a total of six Cyber Dragons in a deck and five should be more than enough."
"Well, I want you to look at this deck of mine that I've themed on using the Cyber Dragon. I haven't sleeved it yet, but I figure that-"
"Well let me have it already."
Panda gives his deck to Pegasus and runs through it. Using a trick up his sleeve, he slips a card into the deck, shuffles it, then gives it back to Panda. "I must say, it's quite clever of you to pull out." he said. "But it still misses a few things."
"I know, but I'm trying to get it together." Panda admitted.
"Have you been getting Phantom Darkness boosters?"
"I want to, but they're all sold out. This is a very hot set as you know."
"Yes, and there are also cards in it that will suit the Cyber Dragon deck theme well. So make sure you come across some of them when you get the chance."
"Will do." and Panda took his deck back, unknown to the card that was placed in it.
 
Meanwhile, back to Jam. "Well, except for Howdy, all of you have your cards back." said Jam. "But now that you have your cards back, what will you do with the decks that you've made? All of you must answer this question as you continue to duel. As for me, I'm gonna take a page from Stan's book and have a break from dueling for a while. I'm sure you guys can take care of yourselves, so it shouldn't be a heartbreaker for you."
"Boss, I owe you so much for getting not just mine, but, like everyone else's decks back." said Sandy.
"Yeah, good looking out, Boss." said Rei. "I have my gears back."
"No problem, anything for my hams." said Boss.
Jam smiled. "Well, I won't keep you here any longer, you all have duels to enguage in." he said. "So if you need me, I'll be at Seamore and Barrette's house. Now get outta here already, you have decks to strengthen."
And off the hams went, except for Boss, Stan, and Bijou, who held Petal from going. "You really are a ham of your word, Jam." said Boss.
"Of course I am." Jam said with a smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have business to take care of." and off Jam went.
"Bijou, what's the deal?" questioned Petal. "I want to get some dueling in at the fun park."
"We have more training to do." Bijou answered.
"Training... all we do is training. Let me duel people for crying out loud."
"Hey Boss, come with me for a minute. I want to discuss things with you." said Stan.
"Lead the way." said Boss.
 
Stan leads Boss away so Bijou and Petal are alone. "You need more training, Petal." said Bijou.
"Fuck your training, Bijou!" yelled Petal. "How can you expect me to go through with this training when you won't even trust me?"
"Your tone of voice will not be tolerated, little girl." Bijou scolded Petal calmly.
"Well tell me in english, not in french, why you don't trust me in dealing with these fairies my way?"
Bijou grabs Petal and looks dead into her red and blue eyes. "You are wrong about me not trusting you. I have more trust in you than you know, but you've been too misguided to see it."
"Don't give me that crap."
"Petal, I have been patient with you as much as possible, but you're becoming unruly: When we first faced off, I was patient with you; when you dueled Kirika at the Gladiator's Assault pre-release when we were only there to duel with the new cards and you went against our plans, I was patient with you; even afterwards when I faced you myself after your loss to Kirika, I was patient with you. 'Even Buddha can be patient only three times', Petal. I will no longer be patient with you from here on out."
"Then why are you being so strict on me all the time?"
"Strict as I may seem, I want you to be a better fairy duelist than I am today." Bijou releases Petal. "However, you can't be bett than I am if you don't train how I trained myself. What more do you want from me?"
"Trust! You want me to improve on you, but you keep me from moving forward."
"Is that what you think?"
"It's what I know."
 
Bijou fixed her blue ribbons. "As difficult as you are right now, you still don't have to be unruly as you are."
"Forget you, I'm done with your training. There's nothing left for me to learn from you, I'm done." and Petal walks away from Bijou.
"If you're truly done, then answer me one last question. How do you expect to prevail over every other fairy user when you couldn't beat a fairy deck that was made in two minutes?" Petal stopped walking. "Well Petal, answer me. And don't say that it was dumb luck, because we can always face each other again, and I do have my Cloudians with me at the moment."
"..........."
"No response? Well answer this then: How does the Fairy Enforcer plan to win over Kirika when she lost to a two-minute-maid fairy deck?"
Petal fought back her tears, despite how much she wanted to cry. She did, however, fall to her knees with her head held down. It stung her pride to lose to Bijou's Cloudian deck. It stung her long to know that it was the second major time that she couldn't win over Bijou. But what stung her the most was that Bijou's Cloudian deck was built in two minutes and she lost to it. Bijou walked over to Petal's seemingly fallen frame, still serene as ever. "It hurts being put in your place, doesn't it? It should hurt, because I expected you to overcome this deck. I expect you to, with my training, build a deck of fairy monsters in two minutes and win with it. Maybe even make your fairy deck faster than two minutes. Since you are done with my training, as you say, I will prepare one last test for you.
 
"As for the test itself, I will let the Judgement Hand decide how I shall deal this final exam. But until you can answer me properly as to why you lost to my Cloudian's deck, you are not ready... and you will continue to train under me. Is that clear?"
"Yes, Bijou."
"Now get up! You have training to undergo and no right to complain about it. And If I get any further defiance, I will make sure you and a certain someone will lock eyes again... I'm sure you know who I'm referring to."
Petal's spine gave off cold surges. "I remember...." is all that left her small frame.
"Good, now let's continue."