Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ who are you? ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jam has been having quite the time dueling, laying out just about everyone who dared challenge the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. He is currently having a break. Looks like there are plenty of suitors to duel today. Not like that's a bad idea, but it's nice to know that the challenge is taken seriously. he thought. After his break, he went to an empty dueling arena and took his queue. Now, who will face me next... It didn't take long for a crowd to show up, but no one met Jam in the arena. "I take it that all of you are here to watch and not to play?" he asked the mass.
"Might as well, it'll help us prepare for you." someone answered.
"Well, I guess you still need more studying to do... It can't be helped."
"I will take you on." a voice said.
 
The owner of that voice soon appeared. All that was visible of this duelist was the purple shroud that was worn and matching duel disk. "I don't care about the White Dragon, I came to face you!" the duelist said.
"Really?" Jam stood up. "So who might you be?"
"A nightmare." the duelist answered Jam while approaching the other position.
"Nightmare, huh? Okay then, show me what you've got."
"I plan to."
Both duelists draw their hands. "Well then Mr. Nightmare.... you are male, I presume." Jam said.
"I am." the duelist answered.
"Okay then... Mr. Nightmare, it's time to duel."
"I will go first."
"Sure, go right ahead."
Nightmare draws. "I will set two cards face down and end my turn."
Jam draws. "I will set one card face down and summon the Luster Dragon (1900/1600). Attack with Sapphire Blaze!"
Nightmare takes the shot <6100>. "As I had heard, you truly are a fearless duelist."
"In a sense, yes. Your turn."
Nightmare draws. "Since it's my standby phase, I reveal my Non Agression Area trap card. This trap makes it so you can't summon or set on your next turn, but it costs a card from my hand to play." he discards. "The card I discarded is now activated. I attack with Sillva, Warlord of Dark World (2300/1400). But there's more, I will now sacrifice Sillva and summon Great Maju Garzett. And my new monster gets twice the ATK of the sacrificed Sillva (4600/0). Now my monster, destroy his dragon."
Jam saw his dragon destroyed. "That's a pretty slick move." he admitted <5400>.
"That's all for now, not like you can put a monster down anyway. Your move."
I can't place a monster, so let's see what I get on this draw. Jam draws. "I'll play Future Fusion." Jam picks up his deck. "Since I can't summon or set monsters this turn, I'm going to gamble and discard the materials for a fusion monster. In two turns, you'll be facing my Cyberdark Dragon."
"Only if you last that long."
"Well, we'll see." Jam shuffles his deck. "I will set this face down and end my turn."
 
Nightmare draws. I think I will play it safe this turn. he thought as he looks at his cards. "I summon Giant Orc and end my turn (2200/0)."
I got a break this turn. Okay deck, show me some love. Jam draws. "I play Firegrass (700/600), then one more card face down. One turn left for the Cyberdark Dragon, so be prepared for it."
Nightmare draws. "Okay, I'll buy an idiot move. I'll switch my Giant Orc into defense mode and end my turn."
"Showtime." Jam draws. "Future Fusion, activate!" A bright light flashes from above the field and Jam's monster appears (1000/1000).
Nightmare laughs. "That's your Cyberdark Dragon? Not impressive." he says.
"No matter, it's time to dive. Cyberdark Dragon, activate Dragon Dive and retrieve the Luster Dragon."
Jam's monster goes into his graveyard. After a few seconds, it returns with the Luster Dragon in tote. "Is there any more to this that's you'd like to add?" asked Nightmare.
"Yes, actually." Jam answered. "Cyberdark Dragon gains the ATK points of the monster it's connected to, plus an extra 100 ATK points for each monster in my graveyard (3200 ATK)."
"Despite all of that, youre Cyberdark Dragon still pales in comparison to the power of Great Maju Garzett."
"True, but I can still destroy your Giant Orc. Attack!" Giant Orc is destroy, but Nightmare is unphased. "I will place Firegrass on the defense and end my turn."
"What a waste of cards." Nightmare draws. "I'll set this monster face down, then begin the damage. Great Maju Garzett, destroy his pitiful Cyberdark Dragon." Nightmare's monster goes in for the attack.
 
"I activate my Mirror Force, destroying your Great Maju Garzett." and Great Maju Garzett hits the barrier, destroying itself.
"Hmf, I end my turn."
Jam draws. "I summon Mirage Dragon (1600/600)."
"So what?"
"So, you can't stop my next attack. Cyberdark Dragon, take out that face down monster."
Nightmare's monster is hit, then it reveals itself. "The power of my Gravity Orb switches the positions of your monsters." he explains.
Jam's monsters switch positions. "Firegrass, attack."
"Wimpy monster..." and Nightmare takes the damage easily. <5400>
"My last card is the Heart of Clear Water, which I give to my Firegrass and end my turn."
"What a rookie move, filling up your spell/trap zones so soon. It's a shame."
"Well let's see you break through then."
"I plan to." Nightmare draws. "Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World, come forth (1600/1300). Now attack the Cyberdark Dragon." Nightmare watched as his monster attacks the Cyberdark Dragon, but he wasn't pleased to see that the target survived the attack. "Wait a minute, that's not right."
"Actually, it is." Jam begins to explain. "Your attack hit, but the first attack only knocks off the equipment. You did weak my monster, however (1400 ATK)."
"Just move."
Jam draws. "I'll switch both Mirage and Cyberdark Dragon into attack mode, then place Firegrass in defense mode. Next, I'll activate Stamping Destruction in combination with my Mirage Dragon."
"Lovely." and Nightmare's face down card is destroyed <4900>. "You're lucky that I'm going easy on you."
"I figured as much. Mirage Dragon, attack Beiige!" Both monsters are destroyed. "And with another monster in my graveyard, my Cyberdark Dragon gets a boost up (1500 ATK). Now attack his life points."
Nightmare loses more life. "I'm still not impressed <3400>."
"You should've seen me earlier today. But I'm not here to impress you anyway, so I'll turn the move over to you."
Nightmare draws. "One monster face down and that's all for this turn."
 
Jam shook his head. "You know, you really aren't living up to your name, Nightmare."
"Funny that you would say so, especially sine I didn't tell you my name."
Not like it matters anyway, I already know who you are. Jam draws. "I will attack with the Cyberdark Dragon." Jam destroyed another of Nightmare's monsters, revealing it in the process. "Hmm, Jowls of Dark Demise. That's a fun monster to flip up... I guess you control my Cyberdark Dragon, not. My turn's over, so go ahead and move."
Nightmare draws. "I will play Dark Core."
"That's another good spell to play."
"I'm glad you know how it works, so say farewell to your Cyberdark Dragon." Nightmare discards and a giant sphere of energy absorbs the Cyberdark Dragon, taking it from the game. "And since your monster wasn't destroyed, Future Fusion remains on your field aimlessly."
"That's true."
"But I have a monster to bring back. I attack with Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World (2300/1400)."
"Lovely, the other mid-level Dark World monster."
"Goldd, destroy Firegrass."
Goldd drew back on his axe, then bared it into Firegrass. But after the blow, Firegrass was still standing. "Hey, I destroyed that..." Nightmare was agitated.
"Not really," Jam said, "the Heart of Clear Water makes it so the monster that has it isn't destroyed. Have fun getting through this defense, Nightmare."
"That is a pain in my side, but I can't do anything at the moment. Your turn."
 
Jam draws. "Ah, my Petit Dragon.... I'd normally fuse you with Firegrass, but I will keep my Firegrass wall for the time being. Your turn."
Nightmare draws. "I can't do anything, so it's your move."
Jam draws. "Beautiful. Your move."
Nightmare draws. "I'll set one card face down, then sacrifice my Goldd and play Summoned Skull (2500/1200). That's it for now."
Summoned Skull? Now I really know who this is. Jam draws. "I'm glad I'm getting options. Your move."
Nightmare draws. "I summon Brron, Mad King of Dark World and end my turn (1800/400)."
Jam draws. "Alright, you've had your chance. I will now play Premature Burial <4600>. With it, I'm bringing back my Luster Dragon... but I wil sacrifice both of my monsters."
"And just what do you plan on bringing out?"
"This, say hello to my Tyrant Dragon!" Jam brings out one of his favorite dragons (2900/2500).
"Crud, not that dragon."
"Yes, my Tyrant is ready to do some damage. Summoned Skull goes first, attack with Tyrant Flame!"
Nightmare saw his Summoned SKull destroyed. "Damn... and he's not done yet <3000>."
"Nope, now it's the Mad King's turn to get burned. Tyrant Flame!"
 
Jam's dragon attacked a second time, destroying another one of Nightmare's monsters <1900>. "Nightmare, you're like a regroup match that I needed." said Jam.
"Same here." said Nightmare.
"That's it for me, so make your move."
Nightmare draws. "Reveal The Forces of Darkness and I'll return two of my Dark World monsters to my hand, one of which I will set face down and end my turn."
Jam draws. "One card face down and I attack."
"So much for Brron..." said Nightmare and saw his monster destroyed.
"Beiige is all he has left to defend himself. This duel is about to be wrapped up, so I think you should stop being nice." said Jam.
Nightmare draws. "One monster face down and that ends my turn."
I guess I better wrap this up. Jam thinks, then draws. I'm going to take a gamble and summon my Petit Dragon." and Jam's best card enters the field (600/700). "Petit Dragon, attack."
Lucky draw.... Nightmare thought and saw his monster destroyed. "Scarr, Scout of Dark World can grab another low Dark World Monster when destroyed." he explained.
"Lemme guess, Zure?" asked Jam.
"Yeah, Zure." and Nightmare shuffles his deck.
"Thanks for the nice duel. I will now have my Tyrant Dragon end this duel."
And the duel came to an end. Jam simply sighed and headed to leave the arena. "Next time, when we're both serious, I hope to enjoy a great duel with you, whoever you are." said Jam.
"Same here." said Nightmare. "Good luck to you, Jam." and he takes his leave.
Yeah, I know who you are. But I won't say, because I think there's more to it than what I saw. Jam thought as he headed for the exit of the fun park.
*
 
At the end of the day, the hams met up at the playground before heading home. "So, did everyone get some deck experience in?" asked Boss.
"Yes." the gang answered.
"Good, experience is always something that's worth gaining. With that said, let's all get to where we need to go."
"Yeah, see you guys here tomorrow." said Stan.
With that, all of the hams took to their homes, leaving only Boss and Jam in the sands of the playground. "So, did you guys find Snoozer?" asked Jam.
"Yeah, he's sleeping in the sand." Boss answered.
"In the sand?"
"Yup, Snoozer's acting like a crab."
Jam had a seat. "So, what do you have planned for the Rexchus?"
"I plan on getting back the clubhouse that I built. But I feel that I can't face all of them by myself. Some of them have very formidable decks."
"I personally believe that myself. That one broad with the snakes is a real pain, she almost did me in and I didn't even duel her."
"Ah yes, the Venom girl. Her deck is something, a real problem too. Sparkle couldn't even get the win against her."
"So did any of you face Nazaruda?"
"Only you have, but I bet Stan would've dueled him if his deck was in order."
"I see. Well, what's the current plan?"
"Putting more emphasis on our decks is the main thing. With a stronger deck, just about everyone will manage to fare better. And with Oxnard losing to the Rexchus, it's only me and Pashmina that haven't been beaten. Stan too, but only because he didn't duel."
"I bet Maxwell was in that boat as well."
"Yeah, but Sandy wasn't lucky. She tried her hardest, but lost badly."
 
"I see."
"So, when do you plan on giving everyone's cards back?"
"When they earn them."
"So their decks must be earned, eh? I still think you're going too far with this, Jam."
"No, I just haven't gone far enough."
"Not far enough, you've done more harm than you think."
"Keep believing that, Boss."
"That's it, I'm calling you out. Your actions have gone on long enough and it's time you snapped out of whatever motion you're currently in."
"You want another go? Fine, let's get it on."
And there they stood, across from each other, Jam and Boss drew their hands and their second duel was about to begin.