Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ the things that run in your veins ( Chapter 46 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Petal and Cappy ended up keeping off of each other until Nurse Ham returned from her outings. "I'm glad that you two didn't tear up my medical center while I was away." she said.
"Nope." Cappy and Petal said.
"And what happened to those jackets you were wearing?"
"They fell apart, cheap ass material." answered Petal.
"Too bad... Well you two don't have to stay here any longer, you're free to go."
"Thanks a lot, Nurse Ham." said Cappy and out the door he went.
Petal was taking her leave as well. "You're not such a bad nurse after all." she said.
"Of course not." said Nurse Ham.
"So, do you have a name?"
"Wanting to get to know me, I take it?"
"Nevermind." and Petal left.
Nurse Ham walked around the medical office and noticed what really went on while she was away. Well, I didn't expect a young male like Cappy to be able to ejaculate.... she thought and began removing the sheet from the bed. Bedside Manner.... I guess she needed it after all.
 
Stan roamed the fun park with maracas in paw. Man, so much action going on here and none of it is coming my way. he thought. I guess this is just bad luck... It was at that moment when he unintentionally bumped into Shena. It's the snake duelist...
"Well, aren't you a clumsy male." Shena said.
"With beauty like yours, I can't do anything right." Stan said, putting that charm to work.
Shena giggled. "I do have beauty, but your pick-up lines need a lot of work."
"Like I said, your beauty is keeping me from doing anything right."
"Persistent I see... Well let me explain something that even you can understand, you're a little short for this attraction."
"Well it's like they say..."
"And what do they say?"
"They say that, 'Big things come in small packages.' and I'm no exception."
"You know what, you probably do have a small package."
"That's pretty cold blooded of you, not even gonna give me a shot."
Shena smirked. "You're right, it was cold blooded... Okay, I'll give you a chance to prove what they say. Now follow me, handsome."
Yes, I still got it.
 
Shean walked away from the crowd and an infatuated Stan followed her. But as fate would have it, Sandy managed to see Stan following Shena. "So much for having a fun day." said Sandy as she sighed. "And I totally wasn't hoping to do this..." Sandy pulled out that ribbon and proceeded to follow her brother. Meanwhile, Hiei sat under a shady tree with Kerin sound asleep. Her head resting in her father's lap and a peaceful expression across her resting face. I need more moments like this with Kerin... Hiei thought. I wonder if she bonds like this with Aqua? Probably more seeing as Aqua is a good feminine role model for her. It was at that moment when Hiei saw Cappy walk by, then whistled to get his attention. Cappy looked around and saw Hiei and Kerin, then went over to greet them. "Taking a break, I see." said Cappy.
"Kerin needs a nap." Hiei replied. "I would doze off myself, but I rather not."
"You know, that part of you is familiar to someone else."
"And who might that be? The Summoner, perhaps?"
"Nope. This part of you is more like Jam."
Hiei didn't like being compared to Jam. "You don't say..." he balled his paw which Cappy couldn't see.
"A lot of the gang was really angry at Jam for what he did to us after the loss to the Rexchus, myself included. But I soon realized when building my new deck what his intentions really were."
"And?"
"It was tough love."
 
Hiei nods. "That makes sense."
Cappy sits next to Hiei. "Jam means well, but there are moments when his actions are questionable. However, despite all the time that I've known him, Jam's actions always define themselves in time. Mostly to prove points or to teach lessons, but they still define the line."
"So you believe."
"You also give off tough love, I know that personally. But despite every conflict and contrast that you two have, I think you're both the same in a lot of senses... probably in more than I can even count."
"I am not the same as him."
"Sure you are, you just don't want to see it that way. Both of you give tough love, both of you set examples to those you know in hopes they will follow them, both of you make impeccable leaders, both of you have one hell of a righteous demeanor, both you you have a high horse..."
"Watch it..."
"You guys do. Both of you seem to be or are fearless, both of you give a sense of protection and watching over others and you both will go through no means to protect the ones you care about. And I'm not sure if you're like this as Jam is, but when Jam loses someone under his watch that he can't save... he doesn't stop blaming himself over it."
It was at that moment where Hiei almost had an episode. "What do you mean by that?"
"I'm not sure if he's told you about this or not, but a part of Jam still blames himself for what happened to Roll. She gave his life to save him when he was careless one trip, but had a chance to right this and rescue Roll.
 
"But Roll wouldn't let Jam endanger his life for her. As a result, Jam lost his love to the ocean."
So, Jam also blames himself for the tragedy that befell his partner. Hiei thought to himself. We really do have more in common than just dragons.
"Uh, Hiei..."
Hiei snapped out of his pondering. "Watch Kerin for a while, I just remembered something that I need to take care of."
"But Hiei..."
"Is this a problem for you?"
"N-no, not at all."
"Good."
So Cappy switched places with Hiei and off Hiei went. Once again, Cappy had a moment with Kerin. Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to relax with Kerin for a while... he thought.
 
Shena had led Stan to the Bush and stopped, unaware of Sandy tailing the two. "So why are we here?" asked Stan.
"It's called privacy." Shena answered and ran her paw through the left side of her hair. "I don't do the exhibition thing."
"I hear that."
"So, you think you can handle a girl like me, Mr. 'big thing in a small package' Hamster?"
"It shouldn't be too difficult."
"And you have no problems with me being taller than you?"
"Even tall beauties need attention."
"That we do. Okay stud, show me what you're able to do."
Sandy couldn't believe her ears. What the hell, she actually likes him? she thought, but continued to watch. This like, can't be happening...
"Any requests on where I should start at?" asked Stan.
"Nope, just take your time." Shena answered.
I can't believe that I'm about to watch this... thought Sandy.
 
And that's is just what happened. Stan began with simple foreplay, then took Shena to town... downtown. "You're average." said Shena.
"You're tight." said Stan.
"Lay down, it's my turn to ride."
Stan and Shena switched places and continued their intercourse while Sandy still hasn't picked up her jaw from watching this. Wow, she really isn't shy... she thought as she continued to watch.
He may be average, but he knows how to keep it hard... thought Shena.
Man, this feels great... but I guess I needed the time to lay back as I'm starting to feel dizzy. thought Stan.
But the dizziness was the least of Stan's worries as he began to slurr in his speech. "Well listen to you speak gibberish, shame that you couldn't take it." said Shena as she rode Stan.
"Blarrrr, glaahhh." came from Stan.
"I guess my poison is working fast with you...."
Before Shena could shift around, a certain ribbon wrapped itself around her. She was soon pulled off of Stan and slammed into the ground. Her unhappy expression was seen as she took to her feet and saw Sandy recalling her riboon. "You sick, cold blooded bitch..." Sandy wasn't happy as well.
"You really have some nerve." said Shena. "I'm getting some and you're pulling me off of him with a whip?"
Sandy went to her brother. "Stan... Stan, speak to me." her voice was panicked.
"Shlandy.... gluck guh bluggh..." was all that Stan could comprehend.
"God, you're foaming at the mouth..." Sandy wiped Stan's mouth, then turned to Shena. "You did this to him with your poison."
 
Shena laughed. "I didn't expect this, the tiger pup comes to her brother's rescue. I guess you're one of those 'loving' sisters..." she said.
"Like, EW... I already have a man. Stan may be a flirt, and he probably isn't good enough for you, but even he doesn't deserve to be poisoned."
"How true." and Shena pulled out a small vial of blue liquid. "My poison is very potent, and this is the antidote to it."
"Give me that antidote right now!"
"Excuse me? I don't take orders from any pup, especially you."
"Hand that antidote over!"
"You have a problem with please, not that I care if you begged for it." and Shena activates her duel disk. "If you want this antidote, you have to win it from me."
"W-w-win it?"
"You are a duelist, so come on."
Sandy was now conflicted. Stan needs that antidote, but I can't possibly win against her snake deck....
Shena looks at her already drawn hand. "Hurry up and move, pup."
"Just give me the antidote, it's all I want." Sandy's expression turned desperate.
"You want it, you have to win it. Now I suggest you get this duel started. Because there will come a point where even if you have this antidote, the poison's influence on Stan's bloodstream can't be surpressed."
I... I can't win against her. But Stan needs me... Sandy sighed. I wish I could go find Boss, but-
"I'm cold blooded, but you would rather let your brother slowly die instead of try to save his life? I guess blood isn't thicker than water."
"You snake, you're gonna pay for what you did to Stan!" and Sandy gets down to business. Cards, I'm begging you. Help me save my brother.
Let's see what this pup is capable of... thought Shena.
"Stan, please hang on... I'll start with..." Sandy was more concerned with her brother than the duel which can or can't save him. "Tenkabito Shien, let's go." and Sandy finally put a monster on the field (1500/1000).
That monster is immune to traps, good start. thought Shena.
"I place one card face down and end my turn." and Sandy wrapped things up. Pull together, Sandy. If you plan on saving Stan, you need to concertrate.
Shena draws. "I'll place this monster in defense mode," she began her move. "Then I'll place two cards face down and end my turn."
Traps won't harm my monster. and Sandy draws. "Shien, attack her monster."
 
Sandy's monster rode on its horse and laid its weapon to bare, but the attack was blocked. "Good move, but not strong enough to drop my Venom Cobra (100/2000)." said Shena.
"It's fine, I'm still learning." said Sandy <7500>. "I'll give my Shien the Necklace of Command and end my turn."
Shena draws. "And the killing begins here, I play Venom Swamp." and the field changes accordingly. "Tenkabito Shien may be immune to trap cards, but he can still be harmed by spells. Now I will summon my Venom Snake (1200/600), then I will begin to weaken you with the ability of my Venome Snake." Shena's monster fires a small snake which bites into Sandy's monster. "And due to my swamp, that venom counter weakens your monster as well as my field spell. And since poisoning your monster counts as an attack, my turn is over... and my Swamp gets to weaken your monster as well."
As the turn ended, a small snake rose from the murkiness of the Venom Swamp, sinking its fangs into Sandy's monster (500 ATK).
Sandy draws. "I'll sacrifice my Tenkabito Shien and summon Mobius the Frost Monarch."
"Not Mobius..."
And Sandy's monster appeared on the field (2400/1000). "I'm glad you know about Mobius, so let's take out your cards." said Sandy. "Mobius, destroy the face down card on the right, and Venom Swamp." and Mobius goes to work taking out the cards. As a result, the field returns to normal. "Okay, now let's take the lead for Stan. Mobius, get rid of that Venom Snake. Ice Wave!" and Sandy's monster prepares to attack.
"Not so fast, I activate my trap Offering to the Snake Deity. This trap has me destroy one of my own two snakes, but it also destroys two of my opponent's cards. I'll destroy my Venom Cobra and both of your cards."
"Crud." The mentioned cards were destroyed. "One card face down and that's it for me."
 
"Don't expect me to fall for your novice tricks, because I'm way too smart for them." and Shena drew. "I didn't go through all that hell in school to graduate early and lose to a pup like you."
"School?"
"Yeah, I graduated the Duel School... and faster than that bird bitch Sparkle. Much faster. I am a true dueling prodigy and you're about to see why as I play Hand Destrustion."
"How does that work?"
"Are you serious?"
"Come off it, this is only the fifth duel I've ever been in."
"Wow, aren't you sad... Hand Destruction has us discard two cards from our hands to the graveyard, then we draw two cards. Think of it as a junior Card Destruction."
"Okay. And this choice is where you messed up."
Both girls discard and draw new cards, then Shena continued her turn. "I'll set my new cards face down and attack with my Venom Snake."
"Great..." and Sandy gets bit <6300>.
"That's it for now."
Sandy draws. "I summon Pitch-Black Warwolf (1600/600), now attack her Snake."
"Grrr, I can't stop that attack." and Shena saw her snake get destroyed <7600>.
"My turn is over."
Shena draws. "Damn, I have to take a direct shot this turn. Your move."
Open shot, great.... and Sandy draws. "Now for that lead, I summon Mad Lobster (1700/1000). I totally love seafood, but do you?"
"Only if it's in season."
"Too bad your life points are. Mad lobster, you attack first."
How I hate that damn thing. and Shena takes a direct shot <5900>.
"Your turn, my Warwolf. Attack her directly."
Shena takes another shot <4300>. This is not happening... she thought.
"Hold tough, Stan. I almost have her halfway beaten... One card face down and that ends my turn."
 
"Don't think you're going to win, pup." and Shena draws. "I'll begin by activating my face down Damage = Reptile trap card, then place one monster in defense mode to end my turn."
Sandy draws. "I end my turn."
Shena draws. "I'll flip up my face down Des Feral Imp (1600/1800)."
"Lovely, so which card will you be adding to your deck?"
"Thank god you know something. I will add my Venom Swamp to my deck and shuffle." Shena resolves this effect. "Now I attack the Pitch-Black Warwolf." The resulting battle ends up with both monsters being destroyed. "That's it for me."
Sandy draws. "Time to damage your life points even further. Mad Lobster, attack her directly."
And Shena takes the shot <2600>.
"I know that you're probably being considerate due to circumstances, but I'm glad that you're showing mercy."
Shena laughed at Sandy. "Mercy? No, this isn't Mercy, it's just planning. Now I can use the effect of Damage = Reptile and turn everything around." she explained.
"I was wondering how that trap card works."
"I just wanted to put you on a high horse, and now I can knock you down. Damage = Reptile allows me to special summon a reptile monster from my deck with an ATK equal to or less than the damage I just took."
"You just got hit with 1700 damage."
"And that means I can bring out a monster that has 1700 or less ATK points from my deck... and I know just who to bring."
 
Shena removes her deck and searches it, then pulls her monster. She then laughs as she shuffles her deck. I wonder what's so funny... thought Sandy.
Shena places her deck back into her duel disk. "Now I will finish you off." she said. "Now I attack with Venominon the King of Poisonous Snakes!" and Shena's monster comes out on the field (0/0).
"Oh god, not that thing."
"I'm glad you remember my King, so let me refresh your memory of his power. Venominon gains 500 ATK points for each reptile in my graveyard and there are currently five of them buried. (2500 ATK)"
"I... I end my turn."
"Look at you, pup. Fear me." and Shena draws. "Oh, now you can really fear me. I play the spell card Snake Rain. So I discard the last card in my hand, then four reptiles from my deck go to the graveyard." and Shena resolves this effect. But...
"This is so uncool." said Sandy.
"Maybe for you, but I just sent another five reptiles to the graveyard." said Shena (5000 ATK).
"I play Threatening Roar." Sandy activates her trap and a loud roar is heard."
Shena yawns. "Your turn."
I need something that can turn this around and quickly, because my Lobster can't stand up to that thing. and Sandy draws. "I have Hammer Shot, but what if that face down card is what I fear the most?"
"You know, that brother of yours is pretty quiet..." Shena said. "I hope he's still alive." said Shena.
 
"Glahhh... gleellll... guhhh." is what Stan managed to say.
Shena laughs. "Oh, is that your way of saying you feel numb? You probably can't feel much, which means you might want to hurry up before this antidote is useless to you. You're almost there, pup... but can you save him in time?"
Sandy finally looks at the card she just drew. "This game is mine!" she told Shena. "I sacrifice my Mad Lobster and bring out something really nasty. I summon Caius the Shadow Monarch." and Sandy summons her new monster to the field (2400/1000).
"That's a new Monarch."
"One thing I know about your powerful snakes is that one must be destroyed to pull out another. When Caius is tribute summoned, he can remove one monster on the field from play."
"Remove from play?"
"That's right, remove and not destroy. Caius, activate your Black Hole and be rid of Venominon."
"No, not my snake..."
Caius the Shadow Monarch created a black hole, which sucked up Venominon the King of Poisonus Snakes. Afterwards, the black hole was gone. "My snake... you removed my snake from play." Shena said. "I can't believe you removed him from play."
"No Snake Deity this duel." said Sandy, then noticed her monster. "Well, looks like there's more."
"What do you mean more?"
"Take a look at Caius. See that aura eminating from his body? That only happens when a dark monster is removed from play. This triggers the the secondary effect of Caius, allowing him to deal 1000 damage to your life points."
"Great, more damage." and Shena was hit with an orb of dark energy <1600>.
"How are you feeling, Stan?" Sandy asked her brother.
"Bad..." Stan answered.
 
I can't believe this, I'm losing to this pup... thought Shena. No more being lenient with her.
"Caius, finish her off." ordered Sandy. "Attack her directly with Dark Emblem!" and her monster charged up another orb of energy then hurled it at Shena. "Game over, now hand over that antidote!"
However, the attack entered distorted space. "This is why we have trap cards like Negate Attack." said Shena. "To deny pups like you of victories that they don't deserve."
"Damn, I was so close..."
"And close is all that you will get."
"Man, now I know how Stan felt in his close call duels against Jam. Just go, I'll get you next turn."
Shena draws. "No, this is where I make my presence felt. Since you want to remove my monster from play, I will step it further. I will now remove every reptile in my graveyard from play, all ten of them." and Shena's monster were leaving her graveyard.
Sandy wasn't happy seeing all of those snakes. "I have a bad feeling about this." she said to herself.
"And you should, because you are about to face a monster that I have summoned only once before. If you thought Venominon was bad, you're really about to see a nasty monster. Now I attack with Ananta the Wicked Serpent!"
"A wicked serpent?"
And for the second time in her dueling career, Shena summoned her new snake (?/?). Sandy's jaw dropped at the sight of Shena's monster. My god, look at those heads... she thought. I never thought a monster could have more heads on a body than the Five God Dragon, but here it is...
 
Fuck... that thing is worse than Venominaga. thought Stan.
Shena laughed. "Now here's how my Wicked Serpent works." she began. "Each removed from play reptile I used to special summon this snake gives Ananta 600 ATK and DEF points. And that's not only a lot of power, but also a lot of duribility (6000/6000)."
6000 points, that's stronger than the Five God Dragon. and Sandy mentally panicked.
"Ananta, deal with her Shadow Monarch!" Shena's monster spits acid from its many mouths at Caius the Shadow Monarch.
"Totally uncool." and Sandy saw her Monarch melt away <2700>.
"Since this is the end of my turn, Ananta must destroy one card on the field. Mainly, yours."
And Sandy's face down was destroyed. "So much for my Jammer..."
"Go ahead and move."
Sandy draws. "I play Hammer Shot and destroy your Wicked Serpent."
"Damn it, not my other snake." and Shena saw Ananta the Wicked Serpent crushed under a giant hammer. "For only five duels, you know what you're doing."
"It's called going for broke. Go, Snipe Hunter! (1500/600) I will discard one card and use my Snipe Hunter's effect to target your Damage = Reptile." A six-sided die appears and Sandy rolls it, getting a result of "2". "A deuce, how fitting. Snipe Hunter, you got two shots: One for Damage = Reptile and one for 'Snake Girl' over there. Set your arms to 2 and fire with Roulette Blaster!"
 
Snipe Hunter follows orders and calibrates accordingly, then fires one shot that pierces Shena's card and her life points <100>. Sandy just might do this. thought Stan. Hurry up, I'm losing feeling in my arms.
"It's all on you." Sandy ends her turn.
"I'm not losing to a pup!" Shena yelled and drew. "I summon Gagagigo (1850/1000), now take out her monster!"
"Damn, so close." and Sandy's monster is destroyed <2350>.
"I'm done with being kind, you're going down!"
"Some prodigy you are, or maybe I'm just totally lucky." and Sandy draws. "Oh, what a shame..."
"Didn't get the card you needed?"
"No-p, but I drew my Solar Flare Dragon instead (1500/1000). And my turn ends, but with the end of my turn, my monster deals 500 life damage."
Fuck, I lost anyway.... and Shena, sadly, loses the duel. Beaten by a pup... How this hurts my pride...
"I won..." Sandy was still trying to let it set in stone. "I WON! I finally won a duel and against a prodigy to boot."
"Hey, quit rubbing it in. You have more important matters to deal with." and Shena tosses the antidote to Sandy.
Sandy catches the vial. "I won fair and square, no luck applied." she said.
"Just make sure he drinks that antidote before it reaches his heart." and Shena runs away.
 
Sandy turns to her brother, wiping the foam from his mouth and makes him slug the antidote. I sure hope this works... Sandy thought.
Stan grabs his sister. "Hey... why did you ruin my booty call?"
Sandy wasn't happy with that response. "That better be a joke..." she said being somewhat agitated.
"Of course it's a joke, I have to laugh at my misfortunes."
"You wouldn't have these misfortunes if you weren't such a flirt."
"But all joking aside... thank-q. Also, you need to duel more like that, Sandy. You really came through against a tough opponent for me."
"Stan..." and the two siblings share a hug.
"Anyway sis, get in some more experience with that deck of yours, because I see a lot of potential in it."
"I guess I have potential, but you are right. More practice is needed for me to become a better duelist."
"That's the spirit."
"And try to leave the girls alone for the rest of the day, because you might not be saved if another one poisons you."
"Lighten up, Sandy."
"How about you lighten off..."
 
====================================================
 
Well, another chapter comes to a close. This was nice to see, but I'm a little bummed at that duel's outcome. I had planned it so Sandy loses the duel and gets the antidote, but I guess the cards said otherwise... again. Just like with the duel between Boss and Jam earlier on in the story. Oh well, I'll manage. More dueling and less dialogue next chapter.