Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ rage of the Gods ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ten minutes after the announcement, just about all of the hams in Forbidden Brown assembled in the park. “Why are we missing a few members?” asked Boss.
“It doesn't matter, Boss.” Hamtaro answered. “Nothing matters now after what I heard about us from Pegasus.”
“We've been punked out!” Howdy yelled. “And by all people, Pegasus himself tossed the card.”
“Calm down everyone, losing it won’t help our situation.” said Pashmina.
“Pashmina’s right.” Boss agreed. “We have to keep cool heads if we want to find a solution to this.”
Sparkle managed to appear and joined the crew. “That stupid thief…” she trailed off. “I guess the dorm won’t be getting any gear.”
“Forget the gear, we have a bigger problem on our paws.” said Howdy.

“So I heard,” Sparkle said with folded arms, “but you can’t really be mad. I mean, what was said is true. In just about every single issue involving Duel Monsters that went beyond your control, you always get Jam to find your own answers. I understand why Pegasus said what he said, you’re being babied too much.”
“Thanks for helping, Sparkle.” Penelope said.
“I don’t need Jam to solve my dueling problems, because I can do that on my own.”
“I wish I could help out, but my deck is ruined.” said Panda.
“Panda, updating our duel disks is help enough.” Boss assures Panda. “We have to do the rest on our own.”
“So like, how are we gonna figure this out?” asked Sandy.
“I wish I knew.” Boss answered.
“Normally, this would be the part where Snoozer gives his wisdom, but he isn’t here at the moment.” said Maxwell.

The hams were concerned and even had sad faces in their failed attempts to think up a plan. Finally, Howdy had enough and began to leave. “Howdy, where are you going?” asked Hamtaro. “We need to think up a plan, don’t leave.”
“Knock noggins all ya’ want to, I’m going to home.” Howdy responds to Hamtaro. “I hate to say it, but this time, I’m done with getting pushed around and punked out.”
“Calm down, Howdy and think things through.” Boss tried to reason with his friend.
“Reason can lick my nuts!” Howdy stopped walking. “If there’s one thing I’m known for when trash gets thrown around, I clean it up. Getting knocked around by Hiei’s crew is one thing, dealing with Nazaruda’s crew is another, being punished by playing with a weak deck is a third, but this time… This is where I start getting some back pay.”
“Violence won’t solve anything.”
“No violence, Boss. This time, my Full Charge Assault won’t help get restitution back. I’ll reclaim that with my other deck…” and Howdy continued to walk away.
“You have another deck?”
“Yep-p, and it’s high time to pull it out. Fan blades have shit on them, Boss…”

Boss was at a loss for words and everyone’s sad faces didn’t help any. Meanwhile in the fun park, Jam managed to find Pegasus. “What might I do you for, Dragonlord?” Pegasus asked.
Jam folded his arms. “You didn’t have to diss Forbidden Brown like that, Pegasus.” he said. “And to make matters worse, you’ve broken the entire dorm with your words. That’s highly uncalled for, even if you think it as appropriate.”
“Defending your dorm again, as usual.” Pegasus said with his casual tone. “How long are you going to fight their battles, Jam?”
“I only help them out-”
“Then stop helping them. I know they are your friends, but they will never be able to grow if you continue to stunt them like this. Besides, Hiei was the one who played the tape, aren’t you going to deal with him personally?”
“And prove both of your points true? Pass.”
“That’s right, you will pass. Even the Dragonlord himself has his limits, and for the first time in your dueling career, you are now powerless. This time, you dragons will not save them!
“You’re right about that, Pegasus.” and Jam walked away.

Pegasus smirked as he saw Jam walk away. I guess your friends are your only weakness after all. he thought.
Pegasus… Jam thought. Your ‘Ides of March’ call for you and you are unaware of the misfortunes that await you. I will simply be patient, then I will act accordingly.
*

Cappy and Kerin sat peacefully on the grass. The two had their eyes closed and appear to be sleeping, yet they are wide awake. “Say, Kerin?” Cappy asked.
“Yes, Cappy?” Kerin asked.
“Enjoying the rest still, or do you want to take a stroll?”
“I want to lay around a bit more.”
“Okay, lemme know when you want to get up.” and Cappy throws his arm around Kerin’s belly.
“Cappy, are you mad at what just happened today?”
“You mean regarding the announcement?”
“Yeah.”
“Nope, I chalk it up to hype.”

“Even though the hype is true?”
“Yup. Pegasus is just trying to push us to be better duelists, Kerin. A nudge isn’t too much, unless the nudge is too hard.”
“I see. So, any luck on your uniforms?”
“Sparkle said she was trying to find the rat that conned her out of seed, but nothing yet from what I know.”
“Okay.”
“So, do you think parenthood will be a challenge?”
“It should be. Papa has his hands full with me, so we’ll probably have our hands full with this pup.” Kerin rubs her belly. “I hope I can return to dueling after a few months though….”
“True.”

Meanwhile, Stan found his deck, however, a problem came to mind. It’s good to have this deck in my paws again. he thought. Now it’s payback time, because that arrogant asshole has it coming. Stan looks at his deck. But, Pegasus really dissed my deck saying that ‘I have nothing left’ when things go bad. I look at Jam’s deck and he really has things going on, but he’s made many decks where I’ve remained with mine. Stan stood up and walked over to the mirror to look at himself, his reflection simply shows its keeper. “You seriously aren’t planning on using those old cards against Hiei, right?” Stan’s reflection asked him.
Stan jumped back from the mirror, shocked at the fact that his reflection spoke to him. “You… you can talk?” he asked.
“I’m not your reflection, I’m your Ba.”
“I see…”
“Listen, I have nothing against your current deck, but it isn’t what you should use.”
“So… wait, do you even have a name?” Stan asked his Ba.
“Nope,” Stan’s Ba answered, “a name hasn’t come across my mind.”
“Hmm…” Stan closed his eyes and started thinking. After a few moments, something came to mind. “What do you think of the name, ‘Tora’?”
“Tora…. I like it.” Stan’s Ba smiled. “Tora it is.”
Stan was content with things. “Now about my deck…” Stan trailed off.
“Change it.” Tora said. “The good old Armed Dragon and his crew, tuff as they are, won’t be able to win a duel against Hiei. And dueling with that deck will only prove Pegasus right. So it’s time to bring a new style of cards into the equation.”
“But…” Stan trailed off.
“Trust me. Hiei runs a deck of power and strategy, which means that you must do the same in order to have any chance of gaining respect from him.”
“I see your point, but I really don’t have the dragon power to do that.”
“You have it, it’s just rare.”
Stan had a disdainful look on his face, he knew what Tora was talking about, but didn’t want to go there… “I gotta get spares for some of those cards, Tora.” he said.
“Do you think you can find spares for some of those cards?” Tora asked Stan.
“I guess not…” Stan sighed. “Fine, I guess I’m gonna run the real dragon power then.”
“Good for you. Now, you know that Crossroads of Chaos booster pack you got from the shops before this incident happened?”
“I have it.”
“Open that first, then take what you have from the deck and whatnot to place into your new deck.”

Stan grabbed his booster pack, opened it and looked through the cards. Plant support doesn’t help me… he thought, then came across his rare card. “Well Tora, looks like we have a new favorite card.” Stan said.
“Good, now let’s build and begin to rise again.” said Tora.
“Of course, but I need to grab four cards from my old deck.”
“Four cards? Fine, go bring the noise.”
Stan stepped away from the mirror and went to where his old deck was and looked at it. It’s time to bust out my signature card. he thought. The cards Stan took from his deck were the Armed Dragon: 3, 5, 7 and 10, then he closed the book which held his deck and went over to a spot in his cage to pull out a box. Within this box were some of Stan’s good dragons and saw Jam’s Horus cards. If I use these cards, it will only prove that I need to rely on Jam. he thought. For this duel, I stand alone, and from the cards in my new deck, I will rise a new duelist.

Bijou was also working on her deck. If Pegasus thinks I have lost my powers, he is mistaken. But from this day on, I will use my cards with truth, love and justice. Bijou worked on her upcoming deck, however, much was still missing since the cards currently out didn’t give her too much resourcefulness that she had hoped for. From the deck I hold, here is a balance of monsters… fairies. These are my new angels, balanced angels, angels who I will duel alongside for many battles to come. My faith lies in this deck, ever more than my last deck… and with it, I will hold true to all of my training and efforts. Now my angels… my new and improved angels, destiny awaits us.
Howdy was leaving the store in which he called home. Pegasus, your ass is mine! He swore in his mind and began to put on an outfit that he wore many ham-ham years ago.
*

Tyrone and Blaze sat at a table enjoying drinks as the two were off the clock. “Man, I haven’t seen anyone from Forbidden Brown return to the Fun Park since that laundry was put out.” said Blaze. “I guess that bit of truth hurt them and hurt them really hard.”
“Mmm hmm.” Tyrone nods. “It’s a shame, even if it is true. But hey, they needed to hear it in order to finally get their act together.”
Jewel approaches his fellow dorm members. “Man, I’m glad my shift is over.” he said. “What are you guys talking about.”
“How there aren’t any members of Brown around.” said Blaze.
“Actually, Jam and ‘Little Man’ are the only ones here.”
“Jam can’t bring the integrity back to his dorm this time.” said Tyrone. “We might have just ruined Forbidden Brown by Hiei playing that type.”
“I hope so, because that would be the proper just desserts, and I don’t mean the trap card.” said Blaze.
“There’s nothing left that can save the Exodia crew now.” added Jewel.

Jam approaches the three males with a laugh and a smirk. “You guys seem pretty sure that Forbidden Brown is done for.” he said.
“Yeah, we’re pretty damn sure.” Blaze said. “Face it, Dragon Lord, your dorm is done like dinner.”
“Testifry baby!” Tyrone adds.
“It will be interesting to see how the events of Boss and company play out.” Jam said.
“Still defending your dorm to the end, how captain-esque of you.” said Blaze.
“Obviously, you still haven’t learned that Forbidden Brown is full of surprises. You learned that yourself, Jewel.”
Jewel shrugged. “I’ll give ‘Little Man’ credit for his well earned win, but that won’t help him here.” he told Jam. “The ship known as Forbidden Brown has sunk, Jam. Stop trying to play hero and abandon ship already, because they can’t be saved anymore… not even by the likes of you.” He then laughed alongside Blaze and Tyrone.
“I’m glad you’re so positive about things, gentlemen.” Jam said and walked away from them.

Meanwhile at the south of the park, Kai and Pegasus walked side by side. “Hiei is wasting his time waiting on that futile ass fool.” Kai said. “The so-called Dragon Brother will never win against Hiei.”
“Perhaps not, but that isn’t why Hiei waits for Stan.” Pegasus said. “Hiei is a true fighter, never backing down from challenges, even if they are issued by futile means.”
“It’s still a waste of time.”
“In your opinion, but Hiei has his reasons for facing Stan.”
“Just like I have my reasons for facing you, Pegasus.” a voice tells them.
Kai and Pegasus turn to see who it belonged to and simple couldn’t believe who they saw. “Who the hell…” Kai trailed off.
Pegasus laughed. “You can wear a disguise of any kind, but I still know who you are, Howdy boy.” he said.
Indeed, it was Howdy. However… “I don’t know any Howdy, Pegasus. My name is Red Punster.”
“Hmf. Red Punster, Yellow Punster, Orange Punster, Blue Punster, Pink Punster, Commander Charge, what nonsense. You are still Howdy boy to me.”
“Like I said, I don’t know any Howdy. My name is Red Punster.”

“So tell me, ‘Red Punster’,” Kai began. “Are you a fake superhero , or a super villain reject?”
“Asshole says what?” questions Howdy.
“Why you little…”
“Don’t give him the credit, Kai.” Pegasus assured Kai. “I’ve heard of your Puntaro group and it’s a joke. But if you want to play in your character and duel me, then I will oblige. Hopefully, you’ve learned from last time…”
“Pegasus, you’re going to take a swift ass whoopin’ from me. So if you have any prayers you’d like to say, then say them now.”
“Fine, I’ll play along for your game.” Pegasus brings his paws together. “Heavenly father, forgive me for the lesson that I will bestow upon this lost soul. Be remorseful toward his idiocy, for I will not.”
“Let Red Punster’s beatdown be swift and true.” Kai added. “And please place the biggest, foulest, most pungent of ass hats be bestowed upon his head. Amen.”
“Amen.” and Pegasus closed the prayer.


Note: the previous prayer was done out of satire, and is not meant to offend the religious community.


Pegasus removed his coat and handed it to Kai as his duel armor was worn. In the process, Pegasus removed a deck from an inner pocket of the jacket. Howdy took his deck out from his right pocket and began to shuffle it just as Pegasus shuffled his deck. Soon, both duelists insert their decks into the deck slot of his respective duel holder and the duel began. “Since you’re challenging me, the first move is mine.” Pegasus said, then drew his card. He soon looked at what was in his hand. Well, here’s my Eradicator Epidemic Virus. I don’t have a monster strong enough to trigger it, so I will hold onto it for now. After the mental check, Pegasus made the opening move. “I’ll place one card face down and summon my Goblin Elite Attack Force to the field.” and Pegasus’ monster was on the field (2200/1500). “Your move.”
Howdy draws, then looks at his hand. And the pain already exists for my use. He thought. “I’ll place two cards face down, then summon Giant Orc to the field.” He moves with a monster on the field as well (2200/0). “You’re up.”
“That isn’t the deck you should be using, Punster. But whatever, you haven’t the same alias as you know who.” and Pegasus draws. “This is the card that I can play. One card face down to end my turn.”
“I’ll activate my Royal Decree since this is the end of your turn.” Howdy says and plays his card. “You’ve been shut down already, Pegasus.”
It appears that Howdy has learned after all. Pegasus thought. With Royal Decree on the field, no other trap effects will work. This only delays the use of my Virus cards, but it does not stop them.

Howdy draws his card. “I play the Convulsion of Nature spell card!”
“Convulsion of Nature? Why would he play a spell that lets both duelists play the duel with their decks upside down?” Kai asked himself.
Good perception, Kai. Pegasus thought as he removes his deck from the deck slot of his armor. Sure, this turns both of our decks upside down so we can see our cards… and that’s when it hit him. Clever, very clever on your behalf, Howdy boy… you’re looking for something, but what are you looking for?
Howdy turns his deck upside down and notices the card on the “top” of his deck. Well, well, well, hamha Raviel. he thought. My next draw, if things continue, will give me another of the cards I need to finish you off, Pegasus.
“This is an odd strategy, but you won’t find whatever you’re looking for.” Pegasus said.
“Your move.” Howdy announced.
Pegasus draws. “I play Ryu-Kishin Clown (800/500). Kai, I know you aren’t a fan of monsters under 1500 ATK points, but consider placing this one in your deck.”
“Why?” asked Kai.
“Because whenever it’s summoned, Ryu-Kishin Clown can change the battle position of one face-up monster on the field. And I will let my Clown work its juggling act on your Giant Orc.

Ryu-Kishin Clown juggles three balls in the air. Suddenly, one of the three balls is thrown at the Giant Orc, who grabs the ball, switching itself into defense mode in the process. “Huh, that’s actually quite useful to have… on the side.” said Kai.
“Now my Clown, attack the Giant Orc.” Pegasus commands.
Ryu-Kishin Clown pulls out a seltzer bottle of purple liquid and sprays the Giant Orc, destroying it in the process.
“Stupid clowns.” Howdy commented. “Death by grape juice, and people wonder why coulorphobia exists.”
“Actually, it was acid.” Pegasus corrected. “But since you aren’t thirsty, perhaps you would like a serving of beatdowns from my Elite Attack Force. Goblins, attack him directly.”
“Me and my big mouth.” Howdy grunted, then he was charged by Pegasus’ Goblin Elite Attack Force for the first blow of the game <5800>.
“After their attack, these Goblins switch themselves into defense mode, and this ends my turn.”
Howdy draws Raviel. “One monster in defense mode to end my turn.”
Pegasus looks at his deck, then smiles. “Well Howdy boy, it’s time for my favorite move.” he says, then draws. “Behold the power of my favorite card, Toon World.”
“Of all the spells he had to play, it’s Toon World.” Howdy grunts.

“Now come on, Toon World isn’t so bad. Sure, it costs 1000 of my life points to activate <7000>, but this is a really fun card. Now I’ll sacrifice my Ryu-Kishin Clown and special summon my Toon Dark Magician Girl in attack mode.” and the first of Pegasus’ many Toon monsters appears on the field (2000/1700).
“The good news is that Toon monsters can’t attack on the same turn they’re summoned.” Howdy reminded Pegasus.
“True, but not this time, Howdy boy. And since you don’t have a Toon of your own, you take direct damage. Go, Toon Dark Burning!” and the Toon Dark Magician Girl attacks Howdy directly.
“Man, that sucked.” <3800>
“My turn is over, your move.” Pegasus said happily.
Howdy draws. “I’ll take this time to flip up my face down Jowls of Dark Demise (200/100).”
“Clever card.”
“Very, because I can control one of your monsters this turn with its powers, mainly your Goblin Elite Attack Force.” and Pegasus Goblin elite Attack Force iw switched to Howdy’s side of the field. “And here’s something else you should know, Kai. The monster I control by this effect can attack my opponent directly for this turn. Goblins, return the beatdown you gave to me.”

This time, Pegasus was on the receiving end of an attack <4800>. “Interesting, you’ve got a lot of guts for a reject.” said Kai.
“But the fun isn’t over yet.” Howdy continued. “I’ll sacrifice your Goblins to play my Summoned Skull (2500/1200).”
“Wow, you still play that old ass card?” asked Kai.
“Why not? It’s still one of the best mid-level Fiend-type monsters in the game today.”
“I prefer The End of Anubis myself. It keeps my opponent from salvaging in the graveyard.”
“Too bad it has no defense. But I’ll turn things over to Pegasus now.”
“You should’ve hit my Toon Magician Girl instead of going for a direct shot at me, but I won’t tell you how to duel.” Pegasus said, then drew. Hmmm, Heavy Storm. This card would be useful in destroying all spell and trap cards in play, but at the cost of my Toon? Pegasus takes a deep breath. “One more time, Toon Dark Burning!”

Howdy takes another direct shot <1800>. “I’ll say this for you, you definitely know how to play this game without using trap cards.”
“Of course I do, I created this game. What’s funny is that I’m going to out duel you again, even without the use of my trap cards. But at least you were able to put up a fight this time, even if you still lost. So go ahead and move, Howdy boy.”
The joke’s on you, Pegasus. thought Howdy. I still have my Summoned Skull and his power is greater than your Toon DMG. But my next card is Magical Mallet, which always brings good fortune when used. Howdy draws his spell. “Now I’ll play my Magical Mallet.” he announced to Pegasus. “I’ll place two cards into my deck, shuffle, then draw two new cards.” Howdy does just that, and the top card was the continuous spell 7. He draws 7 and notices that the second card is all that he needed to draw. He then laughed. “What’s so funny, loser?” questioned Kai.
“What funny is that this duel belongs to me.” Howdy answered. “You were right about me looking for something, Pegasus, and I found everything that I needed. Do pay attention, because this is where your ass gets beat.”
“I don’t believe you.” Pegasus shot at Howdy.
“I now offer Raviel, Lord of Phantasms, Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder and Uria, Lord of Searing Flames from my hand…”
“Wait a minute… what are you doing?” asked Pegasus.
“Crap, I forgot this duelist had the three Emperor Gods.” Kai said.
“Well allow me to introduce to you the real pain. Come forth, Armityle, Phantasm of Chaos!”

Black clouds formed in the sky above the two duelists. Suddenly a being with a serpent-like body, bat wings, and a dragon head on its tail descended from these clouds and appeared on Howdy’s side of the field (0/0). Its presence left Kai and Pegasus in awe. “You, you’re the thief who stole this card from Pegasus.” Kai accused.
“Actually, I found this card on the ground in the Fun Park, probably dropped by the real thief.” Howdy cleared up.
“Either way, that card doesn’t belong to you.” said Pegasus.
“Using the effect of this card, Armityle gains on hell of a boost during my turn (10,000 ATK).”
“Fuck!” Kai yelled. “Why the hell did you make a card this strong?”
“You aren’t helping, Kai.”
“Now normally, I would just take out your Toon Dark Magician Girl, but then I remembered how only Toons can destroy Toons.” Howdy explained. “Not to worry, because I have a contingency plan in my face down spell card, Shooting Star Bow – Ceal.”
“No! This is unheard of and highly uncalled for!” Pegasus cried.
“What does that spell do again?” asked Kai.
“Shooting Star Bow – Ceal lowers the ATK of the monster equipped to it by 1000 points (9000 ATK). A small price to pay to let its wearer attack the opponent directly.”
Kai’s eyes almost wigged out. “Idiot, that really is uncalled for!”
SILENCE, YOU KNAVE! You think this is uncalled for? Disrespecting my dorm the way you Necrophades did, that was uncalled for. And with this victory, I will have earned the rights to wield this Fusion of the Gods.
“What makes this even sweeter is that your expression tell me that you don’t have a Kuriboh in your hand to block such power. Armityle, DESTROY HIM!”

The mouth of the dragon head opened up and began charging its blast. Moments later, a major BOOM was heard and it created a shockwave that was felt throughout the Fun Park. The duel had come to an end and Howdy had clearly won. The damage made from the blast was incredible: A crater that was two meters in diameter was made from the blast; Kai was down to a knee, but Pegasus was face down in the crater. He was stirring, but only because he was coughing. Kai had rushed to his aid and helped Pegasus up. “Pegasus, talk to me.” he said.
Pegasus tried to respond, but he coughed up blood instead. His duel armor was cracked and he was barely able to stand on his feet. Such power… he thought. I shouldn’t have created such a force…
“Hang in there, Pegasus. I’ll get you some medical attention.”

Kai wasn’t in any condition himself to do much, but he managed to get himself and Pegasus from the crater. Howdy had already been gone and Kai’s radio was shot. He limped all the way to Nurse Ham’s medical station and once there, made sure Pegasus was taken care of before passing out himself. Jam sat against a tree looking into the Eye of Isis, witnessing the entire event. He soon placed the crystal ball into his pack, stood up and began to walk away. Now I have to get involved… was all that came into his mind.