Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Through All Trials ❯ Why It Hurts. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When you rip someone from there first love they forget over time. When you smack them together again they start to gain the feelings once more. When a Childhood friend from Seto’s days in the orphanage arrives in Domino City will she forgive him for leaving her or has she already forgotten. But when evil strikes and a hidden secret is found out who has the right to be mad? And she’s whose cousin!

BE NICE!
Crossover with Inuyasha

Disclaimer- I do not own inuyasha or yugi-oh.

Prologue
“Kagome are you sure you want to do this?” Kun-loon asked for the hundredth time. “Yes kun-loon. I’m sure.” Kagome Higurashi is now 16 years old and a full-fledged miko. The final battle was over. Naraku was finally killed but that wasn't the only person who was dead.

Sesshomaru and Kouga oddly joined the little group to defeat Naraku and they all became close. Well not for Inuyasha’s department. Kagome got Sango, Miroku, Kaede and Sesshomaru to train her so she can stop be looked at as a weak little miko. Each training session took 3 months each. The group was relaxing after a fighting off some demons from Sesshomaru’s castle that Kagura took over when miasma covered the area.

“He’s here. I can smell him.” Inuyasha said unsheathing the Tetsusaiga (a/n yes this is the actual spelling) and crouching into a defensive position. “ Be careful everyone. I sense a demonic aura of malice and corruption. This is not one of his puppets. This is the real thing.” Kagome said drawing her bow and arrows. Shippo luckily was left in the village with Kaede. “KukuKu so you got the mighty Sesshomaru to join your little posse? Well no matter I will still kill you all!”

Naraku charged quickly towards Inuyasha who jumped out of the way but was hit by an arrow. `Kikyo’ he thought as Kikyo, Kanna, Kagura and Kohaku stepped from the mass of miasma. Kagome ran towards him but he shoved her away. ’Oh Inuyasha do you still love her after you promised me?’ she thought sadly. The battle raged on as Inuyasha and Sesshomaru took on Naraku, Sango with Kohaku, Miroku with Kanna and Kouga with Kagura.

Kagome stood their watching Kikyo with a critical eye making sure she didn't try to stop Inuyasha when she faced her with a notched arrow in her bow. “Worthless copy of mine how do you fair.” Kagome smirked and notched an arrow of her own. “Not too shabby clay bitch. But I have a question” Kikyo tilted her head indicating that she was listening. “What’s it like to die three times?” Kikyo growled and let loose her arrow. Kagome threw up a shield.

“ Not to day Kikyo. I WANT MY SOUL back!” Kagome charged at her and punched her in the face sending her flying into a tree. “ You knew that wasn’t your soul from the very beginning. You wondered ‘how come I feel stronger? Why is it that this soul fights to be released when this is my soul?’ well let me explain to you from the beginning.” She said after karate chopping her on the neck paralyzing her, then placing her into a sitting position.

“ It seems for an advanced miko such as yourself, you obviously don’t understand the process of reincarnation.” Kikyo glared at her. “What have you done to me!” But Kagome ignored the comment and continued talking. “ Yes I may look like you but I am not you at all. Spirit, mind AND soul.

When you died with the shikon a small part of you was in the jewel. To find a new person to protect the jewel the shikon disappeared for 500 years actually inside of a corrupted merchant. As the time flew by the jewel traveled through the merchant’s newborn daughter Kisama. Who had another daughter and so on and so forth?”

Kagome took a deep breath and watched as Inuyasha used the backlash wave on Naraku and missed. “ Finally the merchant’s line of family landed on Miki and Haruko’s baby. Me. Whose parents were tragically killed in a car accident 10 years ago, so I was adopted. Sadly the jewel finally found it’s new guardian and to feel some kind of likeliness of it’s first guardian. That is you Kikyo.

So you see after 1 year, 3 months, 10 weeks, and 22 days of trying to steal back a soul that was never yours it’s time to give it back or do I have to force it out? You’ve tainted the poor thing for far to long plus you’ll never be able to keep it even if you killed me. It would finally have purified you as soon as the other part merged back together.”

Kagome tapped her neck again and in an instant movement Kikyo hit Kagome with her bow. Kagome clicked her teeth and shook her head in pity. “Kikyo you never loved Inuyasha did you?” Kikyo’s eyes flashed with another emotion other then hate. It was sadness and a tint of regret. “So who was it? Was it another village boy? A prince? Another demon?”

Kagome’s eyes filled with surprise when Kikyo shook her head. “ It was Naraku wasn't it. You had some feelings for Onigumo and after he merged with other demons you fell in love with him didn’t you. But you also had feelings for Inuyasha. You knew it was Naraku disguised as Inuyasha trying to kill you but you believed it was Inuyasha so you can continue to loathe and hate and find a reason to dislike him.”

“ But after your resurrection and you seeing how close we were getting you became green with envy. You didn’t want him to be happy at all. Nor me. You’re false reincarnation”

“Kagome what are you doing!” Kagome turned to Inuyasha who was fending of Naraku’s samiyosho. “ Finding out the truth” she knew he heard her every word as did Sesshomaru, Kouga and Naraku because they were moving towards them slightly. “The real reason you've been trying to kill me was so that you can get your soul back and be reunited with Naraku!” Kagome ran up and punched Kikyo in the stomach then sent her flying with a round the house kick.

“NO!” A blade slashed at Kagome and to her shook it wasn’t Naraku it was Inuyasha. “Why did you keep digging for! I almost had her back were she belonged!” Naraku sent a tentacle at them but they dodged. Inuyasha growled and let loose the wind scar. Time seemed to slow down when Kikyo suddenly appeared in front of Naraku and took the hit. “ Kikyo!” Kagome yelled running towards her. ‘No this was not supposed to happen’

Kikyo landed on Naraku’s chest and slowly blue orbs started to leave her body. “Kikyo.” Naraku held her close to him and she smiled at him. “ At least you know.” She shut her eyes as the last soul left her body. Kagome’s.

Naraku let out a pitiful wail of anguish and gently settled Kikyo’s damaged body to the ground. Kagome slowly began to realize what he was about to do. Naraku attacked Inuyasha but missed and Sesshomaru sent out an attack from his Tokijin. But Naraku didn’t even try to avoid it. And with a small but sad smile Naraku laid there next to Kikyo and died.

Kagome looked over at Sango who was badly damaged from Kohaku’s sickle. But he slowed down and fell dead. Since Naraku was now dead and had no control over him the jewel shard fell out of him. “No Kohaku!” Sango picked his lifeless body and cried while hugging him close to her. Her wails of anguish grew when she turned over and saw Kagura slice through Miroku. No they been admitted to each other that they liked each other but Sango tired of him groping other women decided to remain friends even though Sango thought of him as an older brother as did Kagome.

Kagura and Kanna fell dead soon after with smiles of thanks and regret. Their body’s turned to ash. Kouga was sprawled on the floor obviously killed by Kagura. Kagome stared around the field sadly. As she said she never loved Kouga the way she loved Inuyasha. But she still loved him as a best friend and to see him die hurt. She smiled when she saw Sesshomaru hold Sango while she cried.

She always knew the demon lord had feelings for the demon slayer. Because he started came around to fight Inuyasha at least four times a week. Which at first seemed odd until he officially joined the group and their disappearing acts. Oh how she wished she could be just like them. Suddenly a pain shot through her back. She turned in time to see Inuyasha in his demon form.

“This is your entire fault. You and your jealousy of not having me. You made Kikyo do all that didn’t you!” All though Kagome found this as stupid as time when he broke her computer she couldn’t respond because the pain was too unbearable. “Iron Reaver Soul Stealer.” Kagome turned around slightly just enough to avoid the attack.

“Inuyasha no stop. You knew as well didn’t you?” But Inuyasha charged at Kagome once more. That’s when she noticed. ’ He doesn’t have the Tetsusaiga!’ she kept fending of his attacks when she decided that...she had to kill him. She unsheathed her sword ‘Uta no Nami’ that she got from Sesshomaru and charged back at him which startled him a bit. He never thought she would strike back.

“No Inuyasha.” She yelled as if reading his mind. “My love for you died months ago!” She swung at him but he jumped out of the way but expecting him to do that she quickly jumped and slashed at his arm. Inuyasha tried to slash at her but she retaliated but swiftly appearing behind him. “IT’S OVER! Hikari no Kaze!” Inuyasha was hit from behind and landed with a hard thud.

Sango looked at kagome sadly knowing for a fact that killing inuyasha must have been the hardest thing hat she could have done in her whole life. Even if she didn’t love him anymore she still thought of him as a friend even if he didn’t.

And after burying Inuyasha, Narku, Kouga, Kanna, kikyo and Kagura‘s ashes, and Miroku... she kissed and hugged those who survived good bye and was embarking on a new journey.


A/N: SEE I WROTE A LONG PROLOGUE! HALF OF MY CHAPTER’S WILL BE THIS LONG SO DO NOT START BITCHING AT ME FOR SHORTNESS KAY?!

R/R!!!! Please oh and any suggestions on the pairing?

Kagome/Seto
Kagome/Bakura (Yami)
Kagome/Marik
Seto/Kagome/Bakura (Yami)
Seto/kagome/marik
Marik/kagome/Bakura
Kagome/Yami

Japanese Words Used

Uta no Nami- truth wave
Hikari mo Kaze- light wind
Saimiyosho- poisonous bees