Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Poke Yu-Gi-Oh! ❯ Team Rocket, blast off!!! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SFH: Sooooooo…did anyone figure out who set off the explosion? We'll find out right after Atem Disclaims for me!
Atem: ShadowFireHeart does not own Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokémon. They belong to Kazuki Takahashi/Shonen Jump and Nintendo! Now ON WITH POKE YU-GI-OH!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
“We're here for trouble, the future looks bleak!”
 
“Make it double, you're simply too weak!” The two bozos cackled, before they launched into the REAL theme song. (SFH: Haha! I just love these two! No Pokémon story is right without them!)
 
“To protect the world from devastation!”
 
“To unite all peoples within our nation!”
 
“To denounce the evils of truth and love!”
 
“To extend our reach to the stars above!”
 
“Jessie!”
 
“James!”
 
“Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!”
 
“Surrender now, or prepare to fight!”
 
“Meee-yowth, that's right!” said a little Meowth between Jessie and James.
 
“Team Rocket?!” Ryo was astonished. “I never knew that they came to Pallet Town!”
 
“We didn't” said Jessie, pulling out a Poke-Ball from her pocket, “Until we learned that a Pokémon League and Duel Monsters champion lived here!”
 
“What do you want?!” Atem snarled. Sarana stirred slightly underneath him and opened her eyes. Learning that Atem was holding on to her, she pulled herself away.
 
“What the heck-?!” Then she saw Team Rocket.
 
“Why, we want your Pokémon, of course,” James drawled, brushing back his short purple hair, “As well as your Egyptian God Card!”
 
“Not only that,” Jessie added, “We want the girl's deck! It's stuffed with powerful cards! Just the kind that Giovanni wants!
 
“Well, you're not getting them!” Marik shouted, pulling out his own Poke-Ball, “Sarana worked hard to put that deck together! Go, RAICHU!!!” He threw the Ball high into the air, where it cracked open, and an orange Electric Mouse Pokémon appeared. “Use Thundershock Attack!”
 
The Raichu let loose a powerful blast of electricity from its body. Unfortunately, Team Rocket had anticipated it, and leaped out of the way in time.
 
“You'll have to do better than that, twerps,” Jessie sneered, throwing a Poke-ball. “Go, Arbok!” The huge purple snake appeared and hissed at the group.
 
“Weezing, go!” James yelled, tossing another Ball. The balloon-like Poison Pokémon let off a steam of disgusting gasses that had everyone coughing.
 
Sarana glared at Marik through the gas. “I can talk for myself!” She snapped, “I don't need you to defend me!”
 
“Sarana,” Joey said with forced patience, “Until you become even a decent Trainer, you're going to need us to watch out for you! Got it?!” He whipped out a Poke-Ball of his own. “Go, Hitmonlee! Use Sky-Uppercut on that Arbok!” The humanoid Pokémon jumped up and punched Arbok right under its jaw, sending it flying. It landed on the ground with a hard thump, but it was up again moments later, spitting furiously.
 
James's vermilion eyes met Sarana's confused and fierce brown ones, and they narrowed in a sinister smile. “Weezing! Fire the gas at maximum power!” Weezing obliged, blasting so thickly that no one could see-or smell-anything else. Hitmonlee and Raichu took one whiff, and fainted, leaving the others defenseless.
 
“Atem!” Yugi coughed and gasped, “Please tell me you have your Pokémon with you!!”
 
“Indeed I do,” he answered, then stood up and pulled out a Poke-Ball. “Go, Pidgeot! Get rid of these gasses!” Then the worst thing happened. The Pidgeot appeared, but it simply sat and glared at Atem.
 
“Oh, of all the times to get stubborn!” he shouted, “I know I haven't been paying any attention to you, but we're in great danger! You're in great danger! Now please get rid of the gasses before we all suffocate!”
 
The Pidgeot studied Atem for one heart-stopping moment, as if considering the truth behind the words, then, reluctantly, flew into the air and started flapping its wings hard to blow the gas away, revealing Sarana trapped in a wrestling match with James, who was trying and failing to grab her deck. She bashed his forehead with her Duel Disk, and he retaliated by grabbing the Disk and bashing her forehead. While she was dazed for a second, he tried again to take her deck, but Atem jumped on him and entered the fray, landing a hard punch on his face.
 
“Arbok! Stop that boy!” Jessie commanded. The huge snake darted and coiled the end of its tail around Atem's ankle, and then pulled him away, leaving Sarana on her own. The girl didn't seem too worried, as Atem's punch had left James with a nasty bruise that squeezed his eye shut. She bit down hard on his wrist, releasing blood. As James clutched it and howled in pain, Sarana managed to crawl away, but then Jessie dove at her.
 
“Leave her alone!” Marik yelled, surprisingly at the same time as Atem, and then both boys jumped on Jessie and pulled her off of Sarana, who looked slightly dazed from the impact. She shook her head to clear it, and then let loose a long stream of insults directed at Team Rocket.
 
“So the little brat has a dirty mouth too!” Jessie snarled, throwing the heavy boys off of herself, “Well, I don't wanna be around to listen to it anymore! James! Retreat!!” She retrieved Arbok with her Poke Ball and sprinted off into the woods. James, still wincing with the pain of his bleeding wrist, also returned Weezing to himself and ran after his partner, yelling, “Well be back, twerps! Just you wait!”
 
Sarana stared after them, clenching her teeth together so hard that any more pressure would have shattered them. “COME BACK HERE, YOU COWARDS!!!” she screamed, starting to run after them. “I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!”
 
“Sarana, what are you doing?!” Yugi cried, “Come back!” He also tried to run, but his brother put a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Let us older boys handle it,” he said calmly, although the vein pulsing in his temple betrayed him, but then he, Ryo, Joey, and Marik gave chase to Sarana, leaving her best friend to wait for them behind.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~
 
A few moments later, as the trainers ran deep into the wild, they heard a shriek of frustration up ahead that could only belong to-
 
“Sarana!” Marik yelled, and they doubled their speed. However, a full minute past before they found her.
 
She hung limply, tangled in a web of vines from what was no doubt a Vine Whip. Her breath was shallow and harsh, her chest heaving from the effort. At the sound of the approaching boys, she lifted her head, anger and bitterness burning in her eyes.
 
“Sarana,” Marik murmured, and together he and Atem began to untangle the teenager. However, before they were even done, she thrashed in her bonds, trying to free herself but only making it worse.
 
“S'rana, relax!” Joey cried, “You'll only get more trapped!” At this, she stopped struggling, but her arms quivered with anticipation, and her teeth clenched again.
 
“Talk to us, Sara,” Marik told her, using his special nickname for his cousin,” What happened? Why did you run off like that?” He gently slipped a vine over her head, freeing her from the trap. Instead of replying to Marik's question, Sarana once again tried to make a run for it.
 
“Whoa!” Ryo exclaimed as he and Atem grabbed her arms, preventing her from running.
 
“Sarana, cool it!” Atem hissed in her ear, “They're long gone!”
 
“No!” she shouted, “I have to stop them!” she pulled against Ryo and Atem's hold, but they didn't loosen their grips. Marik walked until he was standing in front of her.
 
“Sara, it's too late,” he told her, “They're far away now.”
 
“No!” she said again, and this time a choked sob burst out of her. “You don't understand!”
 
“Sarana, what do we not understand?!” Marik demanded, “We can't help unless you tell us!”
 
Tears began to fall down Sarana's cheeks, startling Marik. She was a girl who rarely ever cried. Even when she eight and had broken her arm from a nasty bike fall, she had not cried or even whimpered. So seeing her cry now meant that something terrible had happened.
 
“They…they took…” her voice trailed off.
 
“What did they take, Sarana?!” Atem asked in exasperation, although in his heart he felt he knew the end of the sentence.
 
“They took my deck.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
SFH: HA!!! I TORTURE YOU WITH SUSPENSE!!! NOW YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
 
Atem: Folks, this is what happens when SFH finishes her chapter at 9:30pm, and on an A&W Root BeerTM high.
 
SFH: I'm so dizzy making plans for the Sarana Chronicles, so I haven't had time to-wait, did I just-?!
 
Atem: Yup. Might as well tell them.
 
SFH: Okay…well I mentioned earlier that Sarana would take center stage in another story later, right? Well, it's gonna be a series of stories, in which Atem mysteriously returns from the afterlife, and she and he have many adventures (Poke Yu-Gi-Oh! Not included, sorry), and they will be called the Sarana Chronicles. Unfortunately, I haven't even started writing it yet, so don't expect it anytime soon…hey Atem? How many reads on my Inuyasha story?
 
Atem: over 450, I'm pretty sure…
 
SFH: any reviews?
 
Atem: no….
 
SFH: okay. I'm sure it will come eventually…okay, good night everybody. Chapter 5 will be her soo……snore *Falls asleep on Atem's shoulder*