Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Poke Yu-Gi-Oh! ❯ Showdown! Atem vs. Sarana!! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SFH: here is Chapter 3!!! Woohoo! Now I'm very very happy! I finally was able to put this chapter on MediaMiner!!! WOOHOO!! Now we shall all find out what happens in this little duel of Atem's and Sarana's! Now I'll give it to my brand-new Disclaimer, ATEM!!!
 
Atem: Thank you, SFH, thank you, for the warm introduction. Now, there are many people I would like to thank for leading me to the success of being a main character in SFH's story and the Disclaimer to boot. First, I would like to thank SFH, for always believing in me and my greatness. Also, I would like to thank-
 
SFH: Uuuuuhhhhh…Atem? That's very flattering and all, but could you please just Disclaim for me?
 
Atem: (~^~^~) *blush* Riiiiiight. ShadowFireHeart does not own me or my Hikari, Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokémon, or battling, or dueling. They belong to Kazuki Takahashi/Shonen Jump and Nintendo. More importantly (and thankfully), she does NOT own the embarrassing Pharaoh costume! She DOES, however, own Sarana and holds all credit for coming up with this story in the first place^_^.
 
SFH: Awesome^.^ Also, I do not own the dueling format, because I got the idea from the author who made the Totally Spies/Yu-Gi-Oh! xover. Thanks, Mykan! You're the best!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
 
Sarana: I go first! *draws* I put two cards facedown on the field! Then, I summon Kelbek in Defense Mode! (1500, 1800) That's all.
 
Atem:*draws* Kelbek…I'm pretty sure it has a special ability, but I don't think I want to find out quite yet. Better load up defenses. I also put two cards facedown! Now I summon Big Shield Guardna in Defense mode! (100, 2600) Your move, Sarana.
 
Sarana:*draws* Argh, he's not attacking quite yet. He must be wary of Kelbek's effect and my facedown cards *smirk* well, then, next turn I will heavily punish you, Atem, and then you'll be wearing that costume for a whole month! I will place one more card facedown on the field! Then, I summon Light Effigy in Attack mode! (1500, 0.) That's all. Hah. Hardly anyone knows Light Effigy's effect. He's toast!
 
Atem: My move! *draws*Light Effigy…hmmm, she must have some kind of strategy going. It's pretty weak, and she just Summoned it in Attack Mode. I must be careful. I Summon King's Knight in Attack Mode! (1600, not sure what its DEF is) Attack Light Effigy!
 
1600 vs. 1500
 
Sarana: You just activated my facedown Trap Card! Ordeal of a Traveler!
 
Atem: WHAT?! I've never heard of that card!
 
Sarana: Then allow me to explain. I can only activate this card when you declare an attack! Take a look at my hand! I have two cards, right? Well, I pick one, and you have to guess if it is a Monster, Spell, or Trap Card! If you guess right, you may continue your attack!
 
Atem: And if I guess wrong?
 
Sarana: Then the attacking card is forced to return to your hand! Ha ha ha ha!
 
Ryo: What a terrible power! Atem has only a 1 in 3 chance of attacking now!
 
Yugi: Sarana's really good at this game! She already has Atem backed into a corner!
 
Marik: She uses that one on me a lot. Infuriates me every time!
 
Sarana: *holds up card* Okay, Pharaoh, what kind of card is it?
 
Atem: *clenches teeth*(SFH: Like he does in the anime when he's stuck) It's only the beginning and she has me trapped! What could it be?? It most likely not a Trap Card, because then she would have it on the field. That leaves Spell or Monster. I'll just give it a shot and see what happens. Is it a Monster Card?
 
Sarana: HA! WRONG! *evil smirk* Now King's Knight goes back into your hand!
 
Atem: *returns King's Knight to his hand* I'll end my turn now. I have to find a way to get rid of that card!
 
Sarana: Mwahaha! *draws* Now I'll drive you even MORE insane, Pharaoh! Now I activate a Spell Card! Gravekeeper's Servant! Now every time you declare an attack, you must send the card on top of your deck to the Graveyard! But that's not all! Now I sacrifice my Light Effigy to Summon one of my personal favorite cards! Behold Guardian Angel Joan!! (2800, 2000)
 
Yugi: No way! That's a 7 star Monster Card! How could she Summon it with only one monster??
 
Sarana: It's quite simple, Yugi. Light Effigy has a special effect. If I use it to Summon a LIGHT Monster, it counts as TWO tributes! Isn't that awesome?!
 
Atem: *teeth still clenched* Grrr…
 
Sarana: I'm still not done with you yet! I equip my Guardian Angel Joan with a Spell Card known as the Cestus of Dagla! Not only do her Attack Points go UP, so my Life Points whenever she does damage to yours! (2800 -> 3300) Now obliterate Big Shield Guardna!
 
ATK: 3300 vs. DEF: 2600
 
Big Shield Guardna: XP
 
Sarana: Now I gain 100 Life Points because of Guardian Angel Joan's Special Effect. I end my turn. (8100)
 
Atem: Urgh…if I don't draw a good card now, I'm done for! *draws* Swords of Revealing Light! This ought to buy me some time! I play the Spell Card Swords of Revealing Light! Now you can't attack for three turns! I play Kuriboh in Defense Mode and end my turn!
 
Sarana: *pretends to be horrified* Oh NO! I can't attack for three turns! Whatever shall I do?! *smirk* I know! Play THIS! My Facedown card Mystical Space Typhoon! The Swords are gone! *swords are blown away*
 
Atem: No!
 
Sarana: Oh yes! And now I summon Asura Priest in Attack Mode! (1700, 1200) Go, and destroy that puffball!
 
ATK: 1700 vs. DEF: 300
 
Kuriboh: *blows up*
 
Atem: That was my only defensive monster!
 
Sarana: I know! Guardian Angel Joan, attack his Life Points directly!
 
Guardian Angel Joan: *attacks*
 
Atem: *groan* (4700)
 
Sarana: And thanks to Cestus of Dagla, my Life Points increase! (11400) That's all for now. And since Asura Priest is a spirit, he returns to my hand.
 
Joey: Oh, man. It's lookin' bad for Atem. He has to pay super prices to even try to attack, and Sarana has one of her best combos on the field! What is there to do but just surrender!
 
Atem: No, Joey, as a duelist, I don't ever give up until the last card is played! *draws* And here is my chance! I play the Spell Card Dark Magic Curtain! (SFH: I THINK that's what it's called…) now by paying half my Life Points, (2350) I can Summon one Spellcaster-Type Monster from my deck! And I choose Dark Magician!! (2500, 2100) then, I equip my magician with the Spell Card Malevolent Nuzzler, which increases his Attack by 700! (2500 > 3200)
 
Sarana:*smirk* (5700) Now I choose MY Spellcaster! Dark Magician, come forth!
 
Atem: No! She has a Dark Magician too! I was hoping that all she had were Fairy-Types, but I was wrong! What do I do?!
 
Joey: No way! She has a Dark Magician in her deck?! It doesn't fit in with her Fairy Theme at all!
 
Marik: It's her ultimate favorite card.
 
Sarana: So, Pharaoh, what's your next move? You want to risk an attack?
 
Atem: Do I WANT to attack? There's a pretty good chance that I would end up with more losses than gain. I have to chance it, though, if I'm going to win. Dark Magician! Attack Sarana's magician!
 
Sarana: Nuh uh uh! First you have to put the card on top of your deck to the Graveyard! Then you have to get past my Ordeal of a Traveler before you can attack!
 
Atem: *discards* Oh! It's THAT card! Now if I can play Monster Reborn, I can turn this around!
 
Sarana:*selects card* Okay, Trap, Spell, or Monster?
 
Atem: *without thinking* SPELL!!
 
Sarana: *jawdrop* Omigosh! You got it right! Dark Magician can attack!
 
ATK: 3200 vs. ATK: 2500
 
Dark Magician: *screams and blows up*
 
Sarana: (5000) NO! My Magician! *shoots dirty glare at Atem* You'll pay for that! It's my turn! *draws* Guardian Angel Joan! Let's show him what it feels like when his favorite card is destroyed!
 
ATK: 3300 vs. ATK: 3200
 
Dark Magician: *is cut to ribbons*
 
Atem: Dark Magician! (2250)
 
Sarana: Then I gain 2600 Life Points! (7600) That's all for now!
 
Atem: *draws* Okay. There are four cards in my hand! I need just one more! I play the Spell Card Pot of Greed! This allows me to draw two cards! *draws* And then, I play the Spell Card Monster Reborn!!!!
 
Sarana: Oh please. You're not bringing back Dark Magician, are you? You know that I can stop him.
 
Atem: Oh no, Sarana, I discarded this card when I attacked last turn! I bring forth…SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON!!!!
 
Slifer: ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!! (4000, 4000)
 
Sarana: *sweatdrop* Uh-oh…
 
Yugi: AN EGYPTIAN GOD CARD!!!??? He never told me he had one!!
 
Ryo: Slifer's supposed to be the only one of its kind! There are two other God Cards, but it's impossible to think that Atem has all three! (SFH: I don't think so, pal…)
 
Atem: Slifer!! Show her what you're made out of! Attack with THUNDER FORCE!!
 
Sarana: WAIT! You have to get past Gravekeeper's Servant and Ordeal of a Traveler to-
 
Guardian Angel Joan: *blown to smithereens*
 
Sarana: B-but…I didn't…the Ordeal… (6900)
 
Atem: God Cards aren't affected by Trap Cards. I still had to discard, though. Turn end. And since Spell Cards affect God Cards for only one turn, Slifer returns to the Graveyard. *peace radiating from him* That was all I have left. My facedown cards won't help me now. You will probably win.
 
Sarana: *stunned* He's so…calm now. I feel like my duelist spirit is evaporating…*draws* You're right, Atem, this is the last turn. I switch my Kelbek to Attack mode, (1500, 1800) and re-Summon Asura Priest in Attack mode! (1700, 1200) Attack his Life Points directly! At least I'll be seeing him in that Pharaoh costume for the next month!
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*
 
Kelbek and Asura Priest flew at Atem with their hands outstretched, to tear out the last of his Life Points. Atem simply bowed his head and waited for the right moment to-
 
Suddenly, as if to save him, a huge explosion came from behind Sarana, knocking her off her feet. Her two monsters disappeared as their respective cards flew off her Duel Disk.
 
“SARANA!!!” Yugi shouted as his friend hit the ground, unconscious. He jumped off the bleachers and ran toward her, but Atem was first to reach her.
 
Wait, Atem thought, why am I helping her!? She just tried to humiliate me! She'll owe me big time!
 
Taking the unconscious girl into his arms, he bared his teeth in a snarl as he discovered the cackling figures that had set off the explosion.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
SFH: Yay! More cliffy! So much fun! I bet you can guess who the two bozos that set off the explosion were! Cookies to anyone who can take a guess!
 
Atem: Why am I helping Sarana in there!? I don't like her at all!
 
SFH: Of cooouuurse you don't. Also, if anyone can correct the card use in the duel written above, it would be highly appreciated^_^. Absolutely NO research went into that. Okay, time for me to go! Chapter 4 should be here soon! Read and Review, as always! =)
 
Atem: Wait a minute…where did Bakura and Malik go?
 
SFH: absolutely no idea. Wanna chase `em down with the tank?
 
Atem: NO! The paint still needs to dry off