Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Poke Yu-Gi-Oh! ❯ The Pokemon lab ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SFH: Welcome, one and all, to Chapter 2 of Pokè Yu-Gi-Oh! I just want to throw out that Sarana's full name is Sarana Freya Holly, which happens to be the same initials as ShadowFireHeart^_^, so she's pretty much ME.
 
YB: You're so full of yourself, you know that?
 
SFH: yeah, but isn't that the point of this story? I kinda hinted at it…you know, Sarana's impatience? Wonder why…HINT HINT HINT!! Okay, just go over to the Disclaimer, and try to show some more enthusiasm, okay? I reeeeaaally don't want to have to wake him up to start up the tank…
 
YB: -_-() okay, here we go… *motions to Yami Marik* OI! Get over here, YM!! *Yamis link arms, then start doing the Cancan* *singing to Cancan music* SFH does not own aannyything that appears in this chapter!
 
SFH: O.O I think my eyes were just burned out…Good thing Atem isn't here to see this…
 
Atem: *sleepily, yawning* Yeah I am…should I go get the tank..?
 
SFH: Probably. Have fun! ^^ And enjoy Chapter 2, readers!
 
 
“Well, if it isn't Sarana and Yugi,” said Professor Oak as the two friends entered the Pokèmon lab.
 
“Hi Professor,” Sarana greeted, “Did we miss the others?”
 
“As a matter of fact, only Joey Wheeler stopped by to see if you were yet, but he left to find something,” the professor said thoughtfully, “No one else, though. I guess they're still asleep.”
 
“Not Atem,” Yugi pointed out, “Sarana guaranteed that he would wake up.”
 
“Yes, I heard her all the way over here.” Oak smiled at Sarana. “I must say, your loud voice worked so much better to wake me up than my coffee.” Sarana smiled back. At least someone found a positive outlook on her little prank.
 
“So, can we pick now??” Sarana begged, “I need to start training to take on Brock!” Yugi rolled his eyes inwardly. Impatient Sarana, as always.
 
“Yes, I see no reason to keep you from beginning your journey as a Pokèmon trainer any longer!” the professor laughed, “So who will it be: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander?”
 
“Charmander,” Sarana said instantly, “He's so cute!”
 
Chuckling, Oak picked a Poke-Ball from the table beside him and handed it to the teenager. “Just be careful,” he warned, “Charmander needs to be raised patiently. Otherwise, when it evolves into Charizard, it will not be as obedient as you hope.”
 
This statement worried Yugi slightly. Knowing Sarana's reputation, Charizard may just be very disobedient.
 
“Okay Yugi, which one do you want?” Oak asked, bringing Yugi out of his thoughts. “Squirtle or Bulbasaur?”
 
“I'm thinking…Squirtle,” the teenage boy said after a moment. Smiling, the professor picked one of the two Poke-Balls remaining on the table and handed it to Yugi. “This Squirtle happens to be very lovable and loyal to its master to the end. You made a good choice, young Muto.”
 
Yugi smirked inside, while Sarana raised her eyebrows. “What's the point of loyalty?” she asked skeptically, “It makes the life of a Pokémon trainer dull and unexciting.”
 
“Well, if you're in a battle, it would be very useful if your Pokémon listened to your commands,” Yugi answered, “Otherwise, you can kiss the Pokémon league good-bye.”
 
“True,” Sarana admitted, and then as she always did, she changed the subject. “Can we go now?”
 
“Not yet!” Yugi laughed, “We have to wait the others!”
 
“They were supposed to come before we did,” Sarana argued, “So if they're asleep, it means that they totally forgot about us, which means-“
 
“Which means you need to learn to be more patient and wait for us,” someone finished for her. Startled, Sarana turned around.
 
While she was ranting, four boys had entered the Pokémon lab: Joey Wheeler, a boy with sandy hair who used Fighting and Fire-Type Pokémon, Ryo Takahashi, a wide-eyed albino-colored teen who enjoyed battling with Ghost and Physic-Type Pokémon, Marik Ishtar, Sarana's cousin, with pale hair and dark skin and used Poisoning and Electric-Types, and Atem, the former Pokémon League champion, still looking rather disgruntled from his sudden awakening. At least he took the time to comb his wild spiky hair.
 
“'Ey, Yug, Sarana,” Joey greeted, “Glad to see you two up this mornin'.”
 
“Indeed,” Atem grunted.
 
“Oh, Atem, cheer up!” Ryo said cheerily, “You should be happy for your brother! It's a very special day for him, you know.”
 
“I don't care about Pokémon,” the grumpy teen said, “They're boooring.” He yawned at the last word. Marik rolled his eyes at his best friend's moodiness.
 
“You're just saying that because you're tired and you prefer Duel Monsters!” Sarana snapped, “How about I give you a real wakeup call!” And before anyone could stop her, she pulled a Duel Disk from her backpack and strapped it on. “Let's duel, Atem!”
 
Atem grinned evilly. “Now this is more like it!” And suddenly his Duel Disk was on, too. “If I win, you do my laundry for the next month!”
 
“And if I win, you wear that Pharaoh costume every day for a month!” Sarana countered. Atem blushed a deep red as the others snickered around him.
 
“Uh, children,” Oak said quickly, “do you think you could take that outside? I don't want anything in the lab damaged…”
 
“Of course, Professor,” Atem answered; as uninterested as he was in Pokémon, he was always very respectful toward the professors. “Let's settle this outside, Sarana.”
 
“As you wish, great Pharaoh,” Sarana replied with a sneer. So they headed out to the Pallet Town baseball field, where they would have plenty of space to duel.
 
“Show him who's the boss, Sarana!” Yugi shouted from the bleachers. He and Ryo were rooting her on, while Joey and Marik rooted for Atem.
 
“You can take out that pipsqueak in a flash!” Joey urged, “Have fun washing Atem's underpants, Sarana!”
 
The duelist only bared her teeth in a feral grin. (SFH: like Yami Bakura's evil grin!) “Hope you didn't throw away the cape, Pharaoh! You're gonna need it!”
 
“Let's just get this over with!” Atem switched on his Duel Disk, while Sarana did the same. With a beep, they lit up, each with 8000 Life Points.
 
“LET'S DUEL!”
 
SFH: Yay! Cliffy! I know this is a Pokémon fic, but I just couldn't help adding a duel or two, just to shake things up a bit!
 
YB: *wheezing from all the laughter* I LUV what you did with Atem! Maybe this won't be so bad after all!
 
SFH: Oh yeah, speaking of Atem…*looks over at Atem who getting into his tank*
 
YB: O_O what did I do this time???
 
SFH: This is for the Cancan thing from earlier. YM is getting punished too.
 
YM: O_o
 
YB: B-but that's because you told me to be more enthusiastic, remember??
 
SFH: I know, but Atem didn't like it, and I promised him he could, so…..have fun!
 
YB and YM: O_O() AAAHHHH!!! Run away!!!! *Runs away*
 
Atem: nice. Didn't even have to rev it up and they ran^_^. So can I be the Disclaimer now? You promised!
 
SFH: yeah, ok! ^_^ Let's go get ice cream! Until next time, folks! Stay tuned for Chapter 3! *SFH and Atem go off hand in hand into the blue*
 
Oh, little note: You're probably wondering why I briefly deleted this. The answer is, MM won't let me put Chapter three on this!!!!! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I switched from Microsoft Word 2003 to 2007…..can anyone help me?!? Please review with advice!!!