Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Poke Yu-Gi-Oh! ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

ShadowFireHeart: I'm back people! And I bring you the gift of Chapter One of “Pokè-Yu-Gi-Oh!” I did not mention this before, but it's kind of AU as well as a xover. Now I'll hand it over to my wonderful Disclaimer, YAMI BAKURA!!
 
YB: I STILL can't believe you're doing this…*sigh*…ShadowFireHeart does not own Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokèmon, or Duel Monsters, or the games, or any of that. They are property of Kazuki Takahashi/Shonen Jump and Nintendo, respectively.
 
ShadowFireHeart (from now one to be called SFH): Come one, `Kura, show some enthusiasm!
 
YB: -_-#
 
SFH: Or else I'll set Atem and the tank on you. AGAIN.
 
YB: O_____O()
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
“Wow,” said Sarana as she stepped outside, “Weather sure is nice today.”
 
Indeed, the warm August morning sun was shining brightly, and a slight breeze blew through Sarana's bronze-highlighted black hair, which fell only slightly past her narrow shoulders. Her brown eyes sparkled as they gazed at the cloudless azure sky
 
Today was a very special day, she had remembered, getting out of bed an hour ago. Yesterday, Friday, had been her fourteenth birthday, and that meant that she could go to the Pokèmon lab and begin her quest as a trainer! Sarana had already decided everything: she definitely wanted to pick the Charmander, and then she would hunt down and catch a Pidgey, evolve them both into Charmeleon and Pidgeotto, then finally take on Brock, the gym leader of Pewter City!
 
First things fist, however. She had to see Professor Oak for her Pokèmon, and then she had to wait for her best friend Yugi Muto to get HIS Pokèmon.
 
“I'll bet Yugi's still asleep,” Sarana said to herself, “Heh, we're next door to each other, so our windows are right next to each other. This will be fun.”
 
Grinning evilly, Sarana walked back into her home, then upstairs to her room. She always saved her secret weapon for opportunities like this one. She took it from its spot in her storage chest, and then opened her window. Mwahahaha, his was opened too.
 
Putting the megaphone to her mouth, she shouted, “OI! YUGI!! WAKE UP ALREADY!!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
“OI! YUGI!! WAKE UP ALREADY!!!”
 
Startled out of his wits, Yugi Muto fell out of his bed as Sarana's voice crashed around his ears. He managed to untangle himself from the blankets and stagger over to his window. “Shhhhhh!” he hissed, “You might have woken up Atem!” indeed, Yugi's older brother could be pretty cranky if he was woken up randomly and suddenly.
 
Sarana put on a face of mock guilt and said in a quieter voice, “Oops, sorry. But still, it's almost eight thirty, and you now what happens today, right?”
 
Yugi's eyes widened when he remembered. That's right, he thought, we're becoming trainers today!
 
“Well, why didn't you mention it before?!” he quietly shouted, “I'll be down in a minute!” Sarana nodded, and the tri-color-haired youth closed his window and started changing into his clothes.
 
Now fully clothed, Yugi left his room and began to downstairs when-
 
“Yugi, can't you control your friend?” asked a deep and cranky voice. Yugi froze, terrified of what to come, and turned to face his brother.
 
A lot of people said that Yugi and Atem looked exactly alike. Well, if one looked closely enough, they would see that it was slightly less true. Atem was maybe four inches taller, and his eyes were a deeper shade of red-violet than Yugi's and shaped differently.
 
Anyway, Atem glared down at Yugi through bleary eyes and the yellow bangs that were flopped over one eye, as he had not had time to tame his wild spiky hair. “I'm surprised that she didn't wake up all of Pallet Town,” he growled, “Some of us like our sleep, and not all of us are nocturnal…” he continued to drone until Yugi interrupted him.
 
“Aw, Atem, you sound like Kaiba!” he said, and Atem's eyes narrowed even more at the mention of his greatest rival in both Pokèmon battling and Duel Monsters. “So, if you'll excuse me, great Pharaoh, I have an appointment.” So he turned on his heel and walked away from his glowering brother.
 
“Did he let you have it?” Sarana asked Yugi as he left his home. She was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, the image of perfection and confidence.
 
“Yeah, but then I compared him to Kaiba and called him great Pharaoh, and he was too stunned to do anything else.” The two friends sniggered. On Halloween two years back, Atem had dressed up as a pharaoh and strutted around exactly the way someone of royal blood would do. Sure, he had looked pretty impressive, with his golden circlet, indigo cape, and outfit, but ever since then, Sarana and Yugi took every opportunity to tease him about it. They had sworn to NEVER let him live it down.
 
“It's a shame, though,” Sarana said thoughtfully, “He was such a great trainer until he quit. Didn't he totally show the Elite Four who's the boss with his Dragonite, Charizard, Rapidash, Alakazam, Gyarados, and Pidgeot?”
 
“Yeah,” Yugi answered, “He won the League, than just quit and went back to Duel Monsters for some reason. His Pokèmon just sit in their Pokè balls waiting for him to try again…”
 
“Oh, never mind that old buffer,” Sarana said impatiently, “We have a journey to begin, remember?”
 
“You're so impatient,” Yugi observed, “You have to slow down, take life one step at a time.”
 
Sarana shrugged. “Whatever. Can we go now?” without waiting for an answer, she began walking in the direction of the Pokèmon lab.
 
She's always been that way, thought Yugi, one day her impatience is gonna come back and bite her in the butt.
 
That being thought, he followed his friend to where their future would begin.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
 
SFH: Mwahahaha! Isn't the suspense just killing ya!? Okay, back to my Inuyasha story: 300 READS, but 0 REVIEWS!!!! They would be VERY highly appreciated!
 
YB: Since when is Atem that CRANKY? And why are he and Yugi related?!?
 
SFH: since I wrote them that way. You have a problem, PUNK?! *looks pointedly at Atem, who is polishing his tank*
 
YB: O___O()……okay, different question: when does the amazing ME pop up?
 
SFH: uuuuummmmm….not sure yet, because I need REVIEWS!!!*glares at readers* to tell me when THEY think you should come.
 
YB: *to readers in a whisper* I think it's THAT time for her…
 
SFH: *unfortunately heard his comment* ATEEEEEM!!
 
Atem: right away, SFH! *tank revs up*
 
YB: O_____O AAAAAHHH!!! *runs away screaming*
 
SFH: Okay bye people! R&R!! Chapter 2 coming soon!