Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Sisters Hitomi and Hermana. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: The Sisters Hitomi and Hermana.
 
Shadow called to Gate Guardian.
“Come to the Mystical ruins later this afternoon, the tournament is sometime then.” He said. She didn't reply, just continued walking. Shadow shrugged, heading back to the others.
 
Silver was helped to his feet by Sonic.
“Hey man, you okay?” He asked, concerned.
“That…was humiliating…” Silver uttered. “I failed.”
“No you didn't, that girl was lethal.” Amy countered, supportively.
“I'm out already…I have no chance to win your ticket, Tails.” Silver said, defeated.
“Nah, you're still in. We just have her to contend with as well, that's all.”
“But you said…”
“It was a little fun preliminary set, it's not the real deal tournament, I just wanted to test my device. I was never planning on counting anyone out, on the assumption they actually lost.” Tails explained. “Come on, we are done here.” And the group gathered their things and set off for home.
 
~@~
 
Once they got back, Tails inserted the names into her computer and sent them spinning around, leaving them to it.
“The names will be chosen later. What shall we do in the meantime? I suggest we sort our decks out, or we can do some more duels.” She offered.
“Well, how about someone take me on?” Sonic asked. “I'm ready to go.”
“Hmm…sounds like a challenge, blue boy.” Rogue said. So Sonic and Rouge stood, heading for Tails machine, which was already activated. Everyone gathered around. After the decks were properly adjusted, the machine was ready for play. The two drew 5 cards and prepared to duel.
“Any words before we begin, Sonic?” Rouge asked.
“Good luck and have fun, be yourself. That sorta thing.” Sonic replied. The needle span and it pointed at Sonic, who drew his 6th card. “I'll set these three cards and summon Trojan Horse!” And the horse appeared, lifted its front legs aggressively, before landing them again. (1600/1200) “Your move.” And Rouge drew her card.
“I set this card and summon Birdface.” Birdface flew from the sky, taking his spot, looking toward his opponent. (1600/1600) “My go is over.” Sonic drew his next card.
“I'm impressed that you matched me to begin, but I'm not going easy on you.” Sonic said, looking at his card. “Hey Tails, what about forbidden cards?” He asked.
“In my tournament, you're free to use them. But in the actual tournament you have to obey the ban list.” Tails said.
“I see.” Sonic replied, looking back at his cards. “In that case, I summon Tribe Infecting Virus.” (1600/1000) “I'll send Des Kangaroo to the grave from my hand, setting Tribe Infecting virus's effect to Winged-Beasts. Goodbye Birdface.” And Birdface was destroyed.
“Damn it.” Rouge cursed as the virus ate her monster and it fell into the graveyard. “Now, I attack you with both Trojan Horse and Tribe Infecting Virus.” Rouge felt the double pelt of the two monsters, knocking her away a little, landing on her butt. <4800>
“Ouch…I can't believe the machine is really set to hurt us.” Rouge said. “Can you tune it down a little, Tails?”
“No can do.” Tails replied. “It's set as it was intended.” Rouge clicked her neck from side to side as she stood.
“Fine.”
“Anyway, it's your turn.” Sonic said. Rouge drew her card.
“I activate Dark Hole, removing all monsters from the field.” And as it was said, a large black hole appeared above everyone, sucking in powerfully, both the Tribe infecting virus and the Trojan horse were sucked inside.
 
Cream screamed as she seemingly lifted off the floor, but Shadow, unaffected by the wind, grabbed her leg until it was over.
“Thank you, Mr Shadow.” Cream said as he let her down. Shadow simply nodded, looking back to the match.
 
Back on the field, it was empty, save for the cards Sonic had out.
“It's your turn.” Rouge said. Sonic drew his next card.
“I summon the Enraged Battle Ox!” The Battle Ox then burst from the shadows, appearing with his axe high. (1700/1000) “And then use Premature Burial, it costs 800 life points, but it's worth it to bring back my Trojan Horse.” And the horse returned. (1600/1200) <7200>
“Damn it.” Rouge cursed again. “Attack!” The Trojan Horse charged in for the attack, where the Battle Ox leaped onto it, riding up to Rouge, where they both struck her down, she being knocked away again. <1500> As she recovered from the attack, she let out a long sigh.
“This is stupid, no one should lose this badly.” She said to herself, standing and get back in her spot.
“It's your go now.” Sonic said. Rouge drew her card, uncaringly, looking at it.
“I set this card down and end my turn.” Sonic drew his card, a large grin on his face, he looked at his card.
“I will simply attack your face down card with Trojan horse.” And Trojan horse went in for the attack, only to die as the monster appeared. Enraged Battle Ox fell to a knee and exploded, both going to the graveyard. “What happened?” Sonic questioned.
 
“Yeah, I wanna know too.” Cream said.
“Look what was flipped.” Blaze said, looking at the bug now standing defensively.
 
“This is my 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom.” Rouge said. “Basically, when you flipped it, all level 4 face up monsters on your side of the field go bye-bye.” Rouge grinned.
“Ouch, nice move there, Rouge.” Sonic complimented. “Well, I'll set this down and pass it on to you.” Sonic said as he placed his monster. Rouge drew her card.
“I'll set this and summon Sangan.” She said. (1000/600)
 
“This duel is sorta dull…” Knuckles said.
 
“Shut it, Echidna!” Rouge barked at him. “Back to you, blue.” And Sonic drew his card.
“I summon my second Enraged Battle Ox and equip him with Wild Nature's Release. Now, destroy Sangan!” And Rouge blocked at Sangan was smashed toward her, knocking her back for the final time. <0> The duel was over.
 
“Good match.” Amy said.
“No, it was pretty pathetic.” Shadow countered. “I'm appalled it ended so soon, but I guess it is how I plan on taking my duels. Sonic only sustained his own damage, so that can be considered a perfect match.”
 
Sonic and Rouge collected the things, and got off the machine.
“I say that was a match to remember.” Sonic said.
“What? Cause you completely kicked my ass?” Rouge said. Sonic didn't reply.
“Well, what next?” Tails said.
“I'd like to get the…” Shadow was cut off by a sudden yell from nearby, though only faint, everyone heard it.
 
“Heeeelllp!”
 
Everyone quickly rushed outside; looking over the mystical ruins plains. There were two figures in the background, barely able to make out the detail from this view, but the voice yelled out again. Sonic and Shadow ran over too see what was going on. When they got in sight, they saw a young golden furred fox, struggling to carry a completely unconscious fox, with the same golden fur. The unconscious fox was clearly older, and looked in serious bad shape. The little fox fell on her butt, unable to hold the weight of her friend. Shadow picked up the unconscious girl into his arms, as Sonic knelt to the exhausted smaller one. The others running up to them.
“What happened?” Sonic asked.
“We…were…attacked…My big sis was beat around badly, they threw us nearby, in the forest.” The girl replied, catching her breath. Sonic then picked her up and they all returned to the house.
 
Once inside, the older one was rested down onto the sofa, and the younger one sat in a different chair.
“You're pretty strong for someone so young.” Amy said. “How old are you?”
“Seven.” The girl replied.
“What's your name?” Amy asked.
“Hermana…and that's my sister, Hitomi.” The girl said. Everyone looked at the beat up girl.
“So, who did this? Do you know?” Sonic questioned her.
“Some people…in black shrouds.” Hermana replied.
“Black Shrouds? You think it was that girl we met?” Amy asked.
“There were about 10 or more of them.” Hermana said.
“Might have been.” Sonic muttered aloud. A groan was heard, everyone looked back to Hitomi. “She's waking up.” Hitomi opened her eyes and looked around a little.
“Where am I?” She asked. Shadow narrowed his eyes. `Familiar voice…' He thought.
“You're in my house, we found you unconscious when we heard your sister screaming for help.” Tails said to her.
“I see.” Hitomi replied, she closed her eyes again. “Thank you.”
“No problem, just rest up.” Everyone moved away from Hitomi, Tails went to her computer to solve the problem of the god cards, Amy to the kitchen to make refreshments, Sonic sat on the sofa, clicking the television on, Knuckles started to workout in the more open area, Cream sat next to Hermana and the two began a friendly chat, Rouge, Blaze and Tikal began idle chatter, Silver and Shadow Stood at other ends of the room, leaning on the walls, one thinking about his defeat, the other about defeating.
 
~@~
 
Later that day, everyone gathered around, and Hitomi was finally on her feet.
“Well, I think it's about time we got started.” Tails said.
“But what about that girl?” Knuckles asked.
“She's not arrived.” Blaze said looking out the window. “I see no one, and my eyes are the best among us.”
“Well, guess we do it without her. Let the tournament begin I say.”
“Tournament?” Hitomi questioned as she came over with Hermana. “Let us join in if you want more competition.”
“We will need to test you in a preliminary first.” Tails spoke.
“Pass, I show my skill in the tournament and no sooner.” Hitomi said.
“I'll do it for us.” Hermana said. “I want a warm-up duel anyway.” Tails smiled at her, as Hitomi rolled her eyes.
“How about Blaze face her?” Amy suggested. Blaze looked around, and then sighed.
“Duelling little girls isn't my idea of fun.” She said.
“Well, if she's in the tournament, you'll have to anyway.” Shadow said.
“Fine, I can test her.” Blaze said, heading for the duel arena. Hermana followed, taking the other side. As they got in position, the needle span, pointing at Hermana. The two drew five cards, and Hermana her 6th.
“Please don't underestimate me.” Hermana said, looking at Blaze.
“I don't. I just don't like duelling children.”
“My age has no relevance to my skill.”
“Of course, take your move.” And Hermana looked at her hand.
“I'll set these 3 and summon Breaker the Magical Warrior.” As the cards were place, a magical symbol appeared on the field in front of Hermana, everyone gathering around. Breaker appeared on one knee and stood lifting his sword and swiping it, ready for battle. (1600/1000) “And as an effect, I'll place a magic counter on him.” (1600+300=1900) “Your go.” Blaze drew her card, checking her hand.
“I activate Molten Destruction and summon Spirit of Flames.” As the landscape changed to a fiery landscape, the Spirit of Flames burst from the volcano onto the floor in front of Blaze, ready to fight. (1700/1000) “And due to Molten Destruction, my Spirit gets another 500 attack points.” (1700+500=2200) “Attack the Breaker!” And the Spirit charged Breaker…
“Not so fast. I activate Sakuretsu Armor.” Hermana said, lifting her trap.
 
“What does that do?” Cream questioned.
“Sakuretsu Armor is used when the enemy attacks, the attacking monster is destroyed.” Hitomi explained. And as she explained, the Spirit of fire exploded into nothing, it's cinders floating to the floor.
“Darn!” Blaze cursed, as she saw her monster fall. “You're go.” Hermana drew her card.
“I activate Terraforming, and for those who don't know, this card allows me to search my deck for a field card.” And Hermana picked up her deck searching through it, she picks a card and shuffles it. “Now, I activate Necrovalley.” She said. The field changed once again.
“This is not good.” Blaze uttered.
 
“She's not bad…” Knuckles spoke.
“The duels just started and she's got Blaze a little worried.” Rouge added.
 
“Now, I summon Gravekeeper's Assailant and because of my field, he gets 500 more points on both attack and defence.” (2000/2000) “Attack my friends.” And Blaze felt the blow of both Gravekeeper's Assailant and Breaker. <4100> “Your turn.” Hermana said. Blaze drew her card.
“I activate Swords of Revealing light, then set this monster. Your move.” Blaze said, as a rain of white swords hit Hermana's side of the field.
“Such a waist of good spells so soon.” Hermana said. “But I guess you don't have an option, huh?” She drew her card. “Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not putting up with that. I remove the magic counter from my Breaker, and destroy the Swords.” Hermana said.
“Oh hell…” Blaze cursed under her breath.
“Then I summon Mystic Tomato.” And the evil looking tomato head appeared before Blaze. (1400/1100) “I'll use it to attack your face down.” And that's what happened as Morphing Jar was destroyed.
“My monster is Morphing Jar. Since you flipped it, all cards in our hands are send to the grave, and we draw what we lost.” Blaze explained. `Darn, I was better off with what I had.'
“I attack you again with both Breaker and my Assailant.” And Blaze was struck hard, being thrown to the floor. <200>
 
“She IS good…” Cream said. “I don't wanna duel her, she's scary.”
“I can't believe Blaze is being beaten worse than me, worse than Rouge… Come on, Blaze! You're better than this!” Silver roared out.
 
Blaze stood and took her place again.
“It's your go.” Hermana seemed as innocent as always. Blaze drew her card, looking at it.
“I'm not beat yet…” Blaze said.
“I'd be amazed to see you counter me now.” Hermana countered.
“I activate Fissure, then Dark Hole.” Blaze said, the dark hole appeared and sucked the monsters clear again, would have sucked Hermana in too, had she not grabbed the bar on the side of the arena.
“Aaaahhh!!” She screamed. “Wild effects!” As it ended, she clunked to her face on the floor. “Oooowww…” she stood back up, seeing her monsters gone. “No fair…”
“Now I set this monster and this other card.” Blaze said as she set them, emptying her hand. “You're turn.” Hermana drew her card, holding her nose.
“I summon Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier.” Hermana said.
“I activate Bottomless Trap Hole. Bye-bye, spear soldier.” Blaze said. Hermana simply shrugged, letting her nose go.
“Your go.” Blaze drew.
“Pass…”
“This is the end.” Hermana drew her next card. “I summon Gravekeeper's Spy.” (1700/2500) “And with its effect, I will get Gravekeeper's Assailant.” (2000/2000) “I attack with Spy to take out your face down.” Gravekeeper's Spy charged in and took out Hand of Nephthys. “And finish you off with Gravekeeper's Assailant.” Blaze stood in defeat, taking the blow of Gravekeeper's Assailant. <0>
 
The duel was over.
“Another perfect match, little sister.” Hitomi said, looking over to Hermana.
“Expect any less?” Hermana questioned.
“Not at all.” Hitomi replied.
“How many duels have you done like that anyway?” Shadow asked.
“All of them.” Hermana said, looking up at Shadow.
“All…” Cream started, her face shocked to no control.
“…of them?” Amy finished for her, equally surprised.
“Yeah…” Hermana replied.
“I myself have closer matches. Was just the last one which I almost lost, had the idiot make a foolish attack.” Hitomi said.
“I see…” Sonic said. “Well, shall we begin these games then?”
“Just input the new names now. And they are rolling. The first duel is…” Tails started, the machine then brought two names. “…Cream and Shadow.”
 
Cream looked at Shadow, who simply had his eyes shut and folded his arms.
`No…not Mr ShadowI'll never beat him' Cream thought. The two made their way to the arena, ready to begin the first duel of Tails Tournament.