Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The One said to be unbeatable. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: The one said to be unbeatable
 
Shadow and Cream walked up to the platform and got into position, Cream was shaking heavily, and a specific fox noticed this. As the two set their decks, the needle span and pointed at Cream. The two drew 5 cards; Shadow closed his eyes, crossing his arms, not looking at what he drew. Cream on the other hand was hesitant about taking her sixth card. Hitomi looked at her carefully.
“Hold on a minute.” Everything stopped as Hitomi walked over to Cream, everyone looking at her, except for Shadow. Hitomi approached Cream and lifted one of her ears, kneeling next to her. “Are you afraid of him?”
“Y-yes…” Cream said.
“Are you afraid to duel?”
“I'm always scared to duel, Mr Shadow is better than me, everyone is.”
“Why are you afraid? Have you reason to be scared?”
“…”
“What's your name?”
“Cr-Cream.”
“Well, Cream… He's not powerful, he's not unbeatable. He's just another duellist, as are you. You're not weak unless you tell yourself you are. You've nothing to lose from this duel, save for whatever it is at the end…
 
…Take it from my experience, my first duel cost me my freedom, simply because I was thinking constantly `what if he wins? He's better than me. I can't beat him.' And I didn't. It's up to you to do what you can. There's no losing unless you lose faith. Believe in yourself, believe in the cards you chose to fight by your side…and believe that there is nothing around the corner except for a big victory, which welcomes you with open arms. Can you do that for me? Don't make careless mistakes, think 2 steps ahead, guess what you think will happen…and counter it before it does. Do that, you can't lose.” Hitomi explained. Hitomi then walked off. “I'm done.” Cream put on a brave face, taking her 6th card.
 
“Looks like we're ready.” Sonic said.
“This will be most interesting.” Tails added.
`Yes, Shadow…show me what you use.' Hitomi thought, looking toward the arena.
 
Cream looked at her hand.
“I use Graceful Charity, which lets me draw 3 cards, give up 2.” Cream resolved her cards. “I'll give up Imperial Order and Snatch Steal. Then I summon Hysteric Fairy.” The Fairy lowered from the heavens, adjusted her glasses and crossed her arms, looking toward Shadow. (1800/500) “Now I set these 3 cards, and use Axe of Despair for my Fairy.” (2800/500) “My turn is over.”
 
“Nice move by Cream.” Amy said.
“I'd like to see the grump come back from this on the first move.” Rouge added her 2 cents.
“Come on, bud!” Sonic cheered.
 
Shadow opened his eyes, unfolded his arms, drawing his next card. He looked at his hand, before smiling.
“I set this card down and summon the Red Eyes Black Chick.” He said, as the egg appeared and popped into the small dragon. (800/500)
“Awww…it's so cute.” Cream said.
“Well it won't be so cute, as I will allow it to grow into the Red Eyes Black Dragon!” And as Shadow said it, the black chick stood, glowed white and grew, transforming into the Red Eyes Black Dragon. (2400/2000)
 
“That's not enough to beat Cream's Fairy.” Rouge said.
“Wait and see.” Tails countered.
 
“If you thought that was bad, now I let it grow further! Becoming the Red Eyes Darkness Dragon!” And the Dragon grew further, gaining a dark aura, turning into a deeper black than before. (2400/2000) “Because of his wonderful effect, he gains 300 attack for each dragon in my graveyard, because of my Black Dragon and Chick, that's 600. My dragon is superior to your fairy.” (3000/2000)
“No…” Cream said.
“Attack the fairy!” And the Darkness Dragon breathed in, blasting the Fairy with a dark flame, she blocked and was nearly fried until.
“I use Ring Of Destruction!” Cream screamed out. Shadow smirked again as the Ring formed.
“I use Trap Jammer.”
“Noooo!!” Cream cried, as her trap was destroyed, the Fairy blocked herself, but was saved. “Wobuko!” and Cream saved her points.
 
“Close call…that was intense.” Sonic said.
`Just what I expected. Still, you're no match for me, Shadow the Hedgehog.' Hitomi thought.
 
“You're gonna beat me…” Cream said, defeated.
“It was one attack Cream, don't give up.” Hitomi called out to her. “You've lost nothing yet, you still have a card in your hand that can at least stop him for a short while.” Cream looked at her hand.
“It's your turn, Cream.” Shadow said, folding his arms, closing his eyes.
“Um…” Cream shakily drew her card. I'll set this down and…” Cream was about to take her next move when she was interrupted in her head.
`Don't do it. With Mirror Force still on your trap zone, using the swords will waist them.' Hitomi said mentally.
“But…” Cream said allowed. Everyone looked at her, seemingly pondering to herself.
`Think about it, if he attacks you next turn and you use Mirror force, he loses all attacking monsters, including that dragon, you will beat him, and put him in a pickle. Just end your turn.'
`Why are you helping me?'
`Because I like you.' Cream looked at Hitomi momentarily and then back to Shadow.
“I'm done.” Shadow unfolded his arms, and drew his card; he looked at the spell/trap zone active on Creams side.
`Hmmm…' He looked at his card.
“I attack your Fairy.” He said.
“I use Mirror Force.” Cream said, revealing her face down. And Darkness attacked the fairy, but the attack was rebounded, covering his field, taking out the Dragon.
“As expected.” Shadow didn't seem too bothered. “I summon my Masked Dragon and activate the Swords of Revealing Light.” He said as the swords fell from the sky, hitting Cream's field, and his dragon landed. (1400/1100) “I end my turn.” Cream drew her next card.
“I use Cestus of Dagla on my Fairy.” (3300/500) “and that's my turn over.” (SORL: 1) Shadow Drew his card.
“I activate Premature Burial and bring back my Black Dragon.” (2400/2000) “That's my turn over.” Cream drew her card.
“I'll set this monster and pass the turn to you.” (SORL: 2)
Shadow drew his card.
“I tribute my Black Dragon and my Masked Dragon for Tri-Horned Dragon!” As the Dragons faded, the Tri-Horned Dragon flew from the distance, seemingly, and landed with a roar. The Fairy grinned at him, adjusting her glasses.
 
“Some serious strategising goin' on here.” Knuckles said.
“I'll say. This match has barely started, it's intense.” Amy added.
“I'd give Cream the compliment, this is the best duel I've seen her play.” Blaze added her 2 cents.
 
“That's my turn over.” Cream drew her card.
“I set this monster and end my turn.” Cream said. (SORL: 3) The Swords Vanished from Creams side of the field, the fairy cracked her knuckles, waiting for the chance to beat the dragon down. Shadow drew his card and grin evilly.
“I activate Heavy Storm.” Cream gasped, the fairy felt her power leave her and Cream was bare of all her spells and traps. “Now I attack your fairy, since she seemed so eager to fight my dragon.” The Fairy backed off a little and had her upper body bitten off, then she vanished. <6950>
“I was doing so well…” Cream said sadly.
 
“You aren't beaten yet Cream, remember that card.” Hitomi called out.
“Why are you cheering Cream on?” Amy questioned.
“Cause that Shadow looks like he wins a lot, and Cream doesn't look like the winning type, so I want her to win.” Hitomi replied. Amy nodded, looking at the match.
 
“I'll set this and end my turn.” Shadow said. Cream drew her card.
“I'll set this monster and use Swords of Revealing light.” And more swords flew down, this time hitting Shadow's Area. “Your go.” Shadow Drew.
“This match is beginning to bore me, but I will admit I have been worried a few times.” Shadow said.
“I worried you?”
“Yes, you did.” Shadow smiled at Cream, which was unusual, but it brought a spark to Cream. “I activate Mountain.” The field changed to a realistic Mountain zone. “My dragon loves this place.” (3050 ATK)
“I noticed.” Cream replied.
“That ends my turn.” (SORL: 1) Cream picked up her next card. `Help me…Someone…'
`Hmm…I'd use it to be rid of the mountains, he loses his advantage that way.' Hitomi replied to her thoughts.
`You heard me?'
`Sorta.'
“I use Mystical Space Typhoon and get rid of Mountain.” Cream said. And the mountains crumbled.
“Oh well, not a problem.” Shadow said. (2850 ATK)
“That ends my turn.” Shadow drew his card.
“I tribute my faced down Petit Dragon for Summoned Skull.” (2500/1200) “Then back to you.” (SORL: 2) Cream drew her card, beginning to shake again.
“Pass…” Shadow Drew his card.
 
“This match will be close with the way they've been playing.” Tikal said.
“Not to mention awesome.” Sonic added.
 
“Back to you.” The Swords vanished. Cream drew her card.
“Give me something I can use…please…” Cream looked at her card and lit up with delight. “I summon Injection Fairy Lilly.” And Lilly flew down on her injection needle, like a witch on a broom. “Your turn.” Shadow drew his card.
“I summon Element Dragon and have Summoned Skull attack Injection Fairy Lilly! Destroy her!” And Summoned skull was attacked, but it was deflected and he was destroyed. “What the hell?” Shadow questioned.
“At a cost of 2000 life points, My Lilly gets 3000 Attack points for this turn.” Cream explained. <4950> (3400 ATK) <Shadow 7100>
“I see… Well, either way…I'll attack two of the face downs then.” Element Dragon and Trihorned Dragon attacked. The element dragon destroyed Shining Angel and Trihorned destroyed Mudora.
“You destroyed Shining Angel as a result of battle, I get to summon something with 1500 or less attack…” Cream searched her deck. “So I'll summon Giant Rat.” (1400/1450)
“It's your turn, Cream.”
“Okay.” Cream drew her card. “I use Call of the Haunted to bring back my Hysteric Fairy.” (1800/500) “And attack Element Dragon.” The Hysteric Fairy leaped forward, giving the dragon a severe ass kicking and then leaped back as it fell and exploded. <6900> “Your turn.” Shadow Drew his card.
“I'll set this down and attack your face down card with my Trihorned Dragon.”
 
“Attacking the face down?” Hermana asked. “Why is that sis?”
“I'm not sure…” Hitomi replied.
 
“As we get to the battle phase, I activate my set card, Dragons Rage.” Shadow continued.
 
“That's why.” Hitomi said. “Dragons Rage allows that attacking monsters that have attack higher than defence, it's taken as battle damage the difference between the two, like a dragon version of fairy meteor crush.” She explained.
 
Cream saw her monster destroyed, and was hit by debris. <3900>
“This isn't good…” she said. Shadow folded his arms.
“It's your turn.” Cream hastily drew her card. She looked at it, and then at the field.
“I use Dark Hole.” She said, grabbing a hold of the bar nearby. The portal Dark Hole appeared above her and sucked all the monsters clear off the stage, as it ended, Cream looked at her last remaining cards.
`That…was your mistake.' Hitomi mentally told her.
`What?' Cream questioned.
`The duster could remove the rage, but you got rid of all the monsters…not a wise descision, seeing as you couldn't afford to lose your defences.'
`I'm…I'm sorry.' Hitomi didn't reply.
“It's your turn.” Shadow Drew his card.
“I summon Armed Dragon LV3 and attack you directly.” As the Dragon appeared, it charged. (1200/400) Cream was hit and fell over.
“Oooww…That hurt.” She cried out. <2700>
“Your turn.” Shadow said. Cream picked her next card.
“Pass…” Cream said. Shadow drew his next card.
“Time to level up my Dragon.” And the Armed Dragon increased in size and it's appearance changed. “My Armed Dragon, level 5.” (2400/1700) “Attack her again.” Cream felt the attack again, but much stronger. She still fell over. <300>
“Oohh…why does it hit so hard?” Cream questioned, rubbing her chest, standing up. “I give up.” Cream said, she gathered her cards and ran off. The match was over, Shadow had won.
 
~@~
 
Everyone was taking a break, Cream had locked herself in the spare room, no one could get to her.
“That was an intense match, you have to admit.” Sonic said.
“I thought Cream did very well, to be honest. It's not every day you take on Shadow's Standards in the first match.” Rouge added.
“Yeah.” Sonic said.
“Who's up next?” Shadow Questioned. Tails walked over to her computer, clicking the mouse.
“Hmm… Tikal and…New girl Hitomi.” She said.
“How great, I just recreated my deck, so I'm looking forward to this.” Hitomi said. Tikal looked around.
“So, when do we do it? What about Cream?”
“I'll talk with her.” Shadow said. “It might be better if I do. Start the match, we will be out soon I hope.” And he walked off.
 
Hitomi and Tikal took up their positions.
“This will be fun, but I don't plan on losing.” Tikal said.
“Likewise.” Hitomi replied. The needle span and pointed to Tikal.
“Looks like I get first go.”
“Good, I like the first attack.” Tikal drew her 5 cards, as did Hitomi, but Tikal drew a 6th.
“I activate Canyon, set these three and I'm done.” Tikal said, setting her cards, the field changing to a deep canyon.
“No monsters on the first move? Tsk tsk tsk… How unfortunate.” Hitomi drew her card. “Okay, now I'll let you know, you're totally out of your league with me.”
“Just take your turn and stop flapping, I'm not afraid of you and you can't change that.”
“I bet I can.” Hitomi smiled. “I activate Graceful Charity.” She resolved her cards. “I now set these three and I'll be merciful, since I just sent the only available monster I can summon to the grave. It's your turn.” Hitomi said.
“You're nothing special.” Tikal said drawing her card. “I summon Giant Rat.” And the large rat appeared, growling at Hitomi, till a hole opened and swallowed him up.
“Oops…I forgot I placed a Bottomless Trap Hole. Guess, I should have mentioned.” Hitomi said.
“Annoying…” Tikal replied. “I end my turn.”
“I activate Call of the Haunted, bringing from the grave Hero Kid.” Hitomi said, and the small child appeared, getting into a fighting stance. “But he's not alone, since that would be so mean on a child, so cause of his effect, I'll summon both his friends.” And two more Hero Kids appeared. (300/600) x3
“They have such low power…” Tikal said.
“Yes, but they won't be staying long.” Hitomi drew her card. “In fact…I'll use Tribute doll, giving up one of my Hero Kids for Suijin.” Hitomi said, everyone who was around, including Shadow and Cream, except for Hermana's eye all widened at the mention of that monster. And as said, Suijin rose from Hero Kids place. (2500/2400) and I'll surrender up the other two for Sanga of the Thunder.” This had confirmed most of the minds of those present. She was that girl. (2600/2200)
 
“Not a good start for Tikal.” Sonic said.
“She's that girl…isn't she? The one who defeated Silver?” Amy questioned.
“Seems likely. Same monsters, Suijin and Sanga at least.” Blaze replied.
“Same voice too.” Shadow added.
 
“Okay, now I attack you. Attack with Sanga!” Hitomi called. And Sanga prepared to fire lightning, and hit Tikal hard. <5400>
“That…was bad…” She said.
“Now…it's your go.” Hitomi commented. “Make it count.”
“I will.” Tikal drew her card and looked at it. “I activate Ectoplasmer and chain Compulsory Evacuation Device and send Suijin to your hand.” Hitomi recollected her card.
“Meh…”
“And then I summon Gigantes.” And her monster stood forth. (1900/1300) “Then I use Brain Control and take Sanga of the thunder. Now I attack you with both these monsters.” Hitomi was struck, but she stood tall. <3500>
“Pain…I remember it.” She said.
“Now, I finish my turn, and sacrifice Sanga of the thunder before it can return to you to hit you with half it's attack.” Tikal continued. Hitomi felt her energy exit her body. <2200>
“I hate these matches, always make me wonder.” Hitomi said.
“Am I really out of your league?”
“Yes.” Hitomi countered.
“Your move.” Hitomi drew her card.
“I'll set this down, your move.” Hitomi said, setting her monster. Tikal drew her card.
“I attack your face down.” And Gigantes attacked, destroying Nimble Momonga.
“Due to its effect, you destroyed it because of battle, so his brothers come to my aid, face down in defence.” Hitomi said, searching her deck. She found her cards, shuffled her deck and placed them on the field correctly.
“I now sacrifice my Gigantes as I have no choice.”
“Your fault, not mine.” Tikal saw her monster vanish, and Hitomi felt it. <1250>
 
“Revenge is around the corner!” Silver said. “Thank you, Tikal! Thank you!”
 
“She's not beaten me yet.” Hitomi said as she drew her card. “I activate Mystical Space Typhoon, get rid of that darned annoying Ectoplasmer.” The two resolved their cards. “Now I tribute my Nimble Momonga and bring Suijin back into play.” Suijin rose once more. (2500/2400) “And I will attack you with him.” Tikal felt a direct hit from Suijin. <2900> “Your turn.”
 
“She is intense, I can wait to duel her.” Sonic said.
“You'll get your chance I'm sure.” Amy replied.
 
Tikal drew her card.
“I set this card down.” Tikal said, setting her monster. “Draw.” Hitomi picked her next card.
“I activate Pot of Avarice, taking all 3 of my Hero Kids and two Nimble Momonga from my grave, putting them in my deck, shuffle and draw two cards.” Hitomi resolved her card, shuffled and drew her cards.
“I summon Breaker the Magical Warrior, set him with his magic counter.” (1900/1000) “I'll remove the spell counter to get rid of Canyon.” The canyon fell back to flat ground, everyone looked around a little, before back to the game. “Now I use soul exchange, sacrificing Breaker and your Gigantes for Kazejin.” (2400/2000) “This is your last move, you better beat me with it.” Hitomi warned Tikal. “Now go.” Tikal drew her card, the hung her head.
“Pass…”
“I guess I win.” Hitomi said. “Attack my lovely monsters.” Suijin hit Tikal with his water attack, <400> and Kazejin finished her off. <0> The duel was over.
 
Hitomi collected her deck and jumped to the floor, everyone then gathered around her.
“What?” She questioned.
“You're that girl, the gate guardian, aren't you?” Shadow Questioned.
“And if I am?” Hitomi asked.
“You beat me pretty annoyingly last play.” Silver said. “I want my revenge!”
“And if you prevail in this tournament, you'll face me again soon enough. You make it sound like I massacred you like Hermana did the cat.” Hitomi said in return.
“My name is Blaze.” Blaze told her.
“Do you mind all stopping cutting my air space please?” Hitomi asked. Everyone moved away a little. “Thank you.”
“So, what happened, why were you found beat up?”
“That's my business.” Hitomi replied. “I'll deal with that in my own time.”
“Suit yourself.” Shadow huffed as he walked off.
“So, what happens next?” Hitomi questioned. Sonic then let out a large scream, gripping his head.
“What's up Sonic?” Tails questioned, as everyone jumped in a panic.
“The World Tournament! We're missing it!” Sonic yelled.
“The finals should be on about now.” Amy said.
“We can't miss that!!!” Sonic zoomed off, and within seconds was sat at the telly, flicking it on and sorting to the channel desired.
 
`And the final match of the tournament is about to begin with the World Champion, Penelope Voncraft and he opponent the Prodigy from nowhere, Captain Marine.'
 
“Penelope Voncraft?” Silver questioned.
“Considered a duellist who is impossible to defeat.” Tails said.
“Impossible, eh?”
 
And the duel began. Marine drew her sixth card.
 
“The battle enhancements are much like my own, just not as intense.” Tails commented.
“Hmm…” Silver mumbled.
“These duels are 10000 life points, wicked.” Sonic said.
 
`I will start by activating Terraforming, and bring and activate A Legendary Ocean.” Marine said as water rushed into the room, surrounded the two. `I now set these cards down and summon Amphibious Bugroth MK-3. (1700/1500)” Marine said, as her machine flew in over the sea, and she set her cards. “That's my turn over.”
 
“Nice moves.” Rouge said.
“I wonder if the champ will lose for once.” Shadow muttered.
“Why is she considered unbeatable?” Silver asked.
 
Penelope drew her card.
`I summon Luster Dragon, but use Tribute doll to summon Ibris the Blue Eyes White Dragon, using Luster as it's tribute.' And the miraculous dragon appeared before everyone. (3000/2500)
 
“That's why.” Tails said.
“Amazing, she has the Blue Eyes Legend?” Blaze questioned, stunned with amazement.
“Not only that, she summoned it on the first turn.” Rouge said, equally amazed.
 
`I trigger my Tornado Wall.' Marine quickly cut in. A tornado wall then surrounded her.
`Continuing my turn…I'll set this and end my turn.' Penelope let the duel go on.
 
“Why did she not attack?” Silver asked.
“She used Tribute Doll, you can't attack in the same turn that it's used.” Tails explained.
“I see.”
 
Marine drew her card.
`I set this monster down and attack you directly with Amphibious Bugroth MK-3.' She said. Penelope felt the shockwave of the Bugroth, but stood tall. <8300> `I end my turn.' Penelope drew her card.
`I summon Mirage Dragon.' Penelope said as another dragon appeared. `Ibris, attack the MK-3.' Penelope ordered. The blue eyes powered up and fired.
`Activate Mirror wall!' Marine said, but nothing happened, and her machine was hit, the blast passing through and bursting through her tornado wall, which blew up in a puff, Marine was knocked down.
`What was that? What happened?' <8700>
`Mirage Dragon stops traps…all of them. Now stand.' And Marine got to her feet, returning to the arena. `Thanks for telling me what's on your field, though.'
`Arrg…'
`It's your turn.'
 
“That's crazy…” Amy said.
“What is?” Sonic asked.
“The person I duelled in the park, it took me ages to get past his tornado wall, she does it with ease.” Amy commented.
“That's why she's champ I guess.”
 
Marine drew her card.
`I set this down and pass it back to you.' She said, setting a monster. Penelope drew her card.
`I activate Burst Stream of Destruction. Remove her field of monsters.' And the blue eyes powered up, firing at the field with it's power, destroying two Yomi Ships. `Attack Mirage Dragon.' Mirage Dragon powered up, and hit Marine hard. <7100> `Your turn.' Marine picked up her card, rubbing her chest.
`I'll set this and pass it back.' She said.
`No luck with defence…typical.' Penelope said. `I'll set this and attack you with Ibris and Mirage.' The Blue Eyes dragon powered up and shot Marine, blasting her a little away. <4100> then she was knocked down by Mirage's attack. <2500> `Your turn.' Marine rolled over and lifted herself up, getting back into place and drew her card. She hung her head low upon seeing it. `This match is over. Surrender your turn so I can defeat you.' Penelope said.
`My turn is over…' Marine replied.
 
“Such a shame, nice start though.” Rouge said.
“Meh…” Shadow stood and walked away as the Blue eyes took its last shot at Marine, knocking her away again. <0> Sonic turned the television off.
“That was disappointing.” He said.
“I wonder if she is bored of winning all the time.” Cream said.
“Anyway, lets get back to our own Tournament, practice until one of us someday will be good enough to defeat her!” Sonic said, standing and clutching his fist. Everyone nodded and they rolled for the next duel.
“Our next duel is…” Tails waited for the names on screen. “Rouge Verses Silver.”
 
Rouge looked at Silver, who looked back at her. They nodded and headed to the duel arena.