Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The preparations for the big tournament. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: The preparations for the big tournament.
 
Rouge and Silver stood in place. The needle span with no comments from either side as they set their decks in place. The needle landed on Rouge as they drew 5 cards each, Rouge drew a 6th one.
“Okay, lets see now.” Rouge looked at her hand. “I'll set these down and summon Slate Warrior.” She said, placing her cards, the Slate Warrior Rising from a hole, ready to battle. (1900/400) “I end my turn.” Silver drew his card.
“I summon Breaker The Magical Warrior and set these cards.” He said as Breaker appeared with magic flowing. (1600/1000) “I'll place his magic counter on him and end my turn. (1900 ATK) Rouge drew her card.
“I'll set this and end my turn.” Rouge said. Silver drew.
“This will be easy once I have the right cards.” He said. “I'll set this and end my turn.” Rouge picked up.
“I'll activate Heavy Storm and remove all spells and traps. That's one for me and 4 for you.”
“Darn.”
“Now I summon Cyber Harpie Lady (1800/1300) and flip my Harpie Lady #2 into attack position. (1300/1400)” Rouge said as her harpies appeared. “Now I attack your Breaker with my Slate Warrior, cancelling them out and destroying them.” Rouge said as Slate Warrior attacked.
“What does that prove?” Silver asked as both monsters obliterated each other.
“Now you're defenceless. Attack Harpies!” Cyber Harpie charged first, followed by Harpie Lady #2.
“Oh crap…” Silver said, right before being struck twice. <4900>
“Wanna call it quits?” Rouge asked, grinning.
“Not even close.” Silver snapped, as he recovered.
“It's your turn.” Silver drew his cards.
“I summon Skilled Dark Magician (1900/1700) and attack your Harpie Lady #2.” The Skilled Dark Magician rose from a portal and clicked his fingers, then pushing his staff toward the Harpie and blowing her to pieces.
“Ouch…” Rouge said. <7400> “You'll have to do better than that to beat me.”
“My turn is over.” Rouge drew her card.
“I use Dark Hole.”
 
“Oh no…” Hermana said, at this point, Hitomi grabbed her hand and the portal appeared, sucking everything into the ceiling. Once it was over, all the monsters were gone.
 
“I now summon Flying Kamakiri #2 (1500/800) and attack you directly.” The Flying Kamakiri flew out of nowhere and struck Silver just before landing in its place. Silver scratched his head.
“Man, this stinks.” He said. <3400>
“It's your turn.”
 
“I guess I was right, Silver does just plain suck.” Hitomi said.
“He's a fine duellist and did very well against you.” Sonic countered for Silver.
“Doubtfully, I went easy.”
“He still got you riled.”
“He made a stupid mistake…which he will do over and over again. This is boring.” Hitomi walked off.
 
Silver had drawn his card and was assembling them in his hand.
“I summon Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer!” He roared out. Hitomi paused and looked over her shoulder as the monster rose. (1800/700) “Attack the Kamakiri!” Silver ordered. The monsters engaged in battle, Kycoo being the victor. Rouge pouted. <7200>
“No big deal.”
“Oh yeah? Well think again. I caused you battle damage, so you must remove 2 monsters from the grave.” Silver smirked.
“What?!” Rouge questioned, annoyed.
 
“It's the effect of Kycoo. If he causes battle damage, then you remove 2 monsters from the graveyard.” Hitomi explained.
 
“Curses.” Rouge spat.
“How about removing those harpies?” Silver smirked once more.
“Just remember, Psychic boy, you are behind me.” Rouge countered. This wiped the smile off Silver's face, as he motioned it was her go. Rouge picked up her card. “I'll set this, your turn.” Silver drew his card.
“I summon the Skilled Dark Magician.” (1900/1700) “Now, attack the monster!” Skilled Dark Magician lifted his staff into the air, then pushed his palm forward to the monster who appeared and threw a coin in the air, reaching for his sword.
“I call Heads.” Rouge said.
“What's that?” Silver asked as the coin lifted to the air.
“Sasuke Samurai #4. (1200/1200) When battling a monster, he flips a coin. If I call it right, my opponents monster is destroyed.” The coin landed on heads. The Samurai swung his sword, reflecting the magicians attack toward him, blowing him up in an instant.
“Darn it!” Silver cursed. “Fine, I'll see how your luck holds. Attack Kycoo!” And Kycoo rushed in to attack.” The coin flipped up.
“Tails!” Rouge said, and luck would have it, it did land on tails. Kycoo was obliterated.
“Damn you!” Silver cursed. “My turn is over.”
 
“See what I mean, Sonic? Silver is a hack.” Hitomi said to him.
“…” Sonic didn't reply, just looked at Hitomi, then back to the duel. He is far greater than you know, Hitomi…he is far greater than you know.
“You have to admit, that was a really, really stupid move…” Hermana added. “I don't think he's so great.”
 
Rouge picked her next card.
“Okay, I summon Flying Kamakiri #1 (1400/600) and switch my Samurai to attack. Attack him directly.” And the monsters charged in. Silver blocked to no avail, being struck to a knee.
“Darn you…!” He cursed again. <800> “I won't lose again!”
“Then draw that last card.” Rouge said. Silver was hesitant with his hand on his deck.
I've drawn so many monsters in the last few turns…a magic card or trap awaits me somewhere…but whatever it may be…please let it save me. Silver picked up his card, looked at it, a small grin appearing. I think you.
“I'll set this monster down and pass it back to you.” Silver said.
“Okay then.” Rouge drew her card. “I summon Harpie lady #1, increasing my wind monsters by 300 points.” Rouge explained as Harpie Lady appeared. “Now I'll use Terraforming and draw out and activate Harpies Hunting Ground.” The field changed, everyone looking around at the hunting ground. “It's your turn.” Rouge said.
“Aren't you going to attack?” Silver said.
“Not yet.” Silver shrugged and drew his card.
“I'll set this monster, over to you.” Rouge picked up.
“I'll use Harpie lady to attack that new monster you put down.” Rouge said. Harpie flew over and kicked at the space, killing the Rapid Fire Magician. “Your turn.” Silver grunted and drew his card.
“I'll set this monster and pass it on to you.” Silver said.
“Hiding behind your monsters, how cute.” Rouge said as she drew her card.
 
“Don't listen to her Silver! You can do it!” Amy cheered Silver on.
“Thank you Amy.” Silver said, looking at Amy. But you're wrong…I'm nearly defeated. And she's not taking the bait…
I know that something bad will happen if I flip that other card of his, so I'll just mash his new cards until I can think of a way to get rid of whatever he has face down.
“I'll activate Rising Air Currents, this means trouble for you, Silver. Attack his new face down, Harpie Lady!” The Harpie Lady attacked.
 
~~Small Update~~
Due to Harpie Lady #1's effect, and Rising Air Current Attack points are as so.
Harpie Lady #1 = 2100
Sasuke Samurai #4 = 2000
Flying Kamakiri #1 = 2200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The Harpie Lady destroyed Apprentice Magician.
“Thanks, due to it's effect, I get to special summon a monster level 2 or lower in face down defence position. This one will do.” Silver said, placing his card.
“Heh, stops nothing. Attack!” And Rouges Monster attacked the newly faced down card.
“The Unhappy Maiden now stops the battle, so let me have my turn!” Silver said.
“Why don't you simply give up, Silver? You've got 800 points, and I have 3 monsters with more than 2000 attack points on the field. Giving up is the best option.” Rouge said. Silver stood in thought.
“You're right I guess…well, fine. I surrender this match then.” Silver said, holding his hand over his deck. Hitomi yawned.
“Well, that sucked.” She said.
“Indeed, but a display of duelling that I find impressive, mainly because the machine is brilliant.” Said a voice from the door, everyone turned to look.
“Pegasus Crawford? What brings you here?” Tails questioned.
“Checking out the duel machine of course.” Pegasus replied. “Is it finished?”
“Yes it is, the god cards won't input, but other than that, it's top notch. We were having a small tournament to determine who gets in free along with me.” Tails explained. Pegasus chuckled.
“I see, well, unfortunately, I have to set it up soon, so I must take it off your hands. Seeing as you don't play favourites, everyone here who helped test the device can be special guests, seeing as the tournament is up and running tomorrow, you might want your decks up to the advanced format, as that is what we will be using.
“Tomorrow?!” Everyone called out at the same time.
“Indeed, here…” Pegasus clicked his finger and a man came up with a book. “That holds the latest ban list. Take a look and adjust your decks accordingly. I'll wait for further notice about who is entering. Go to the website I've printed for you and enter the names of the special guests.” He told them. He then looked like he was counting the people. “Now, I know how many are in my list of special guests, so no more than the number of people here, okay? Don't take my generous offer for granted. Now, whilst you set your decks and everything, do you mind if we take the device?” Tails looked at the device, then back to Pegasus.
“Sure, but what about the god cards?” She asked.
“We can sort that one later, as you said, they are forbidden, thus won't be in a duel. I do however like all my monsters in the game calibration, kind of a habit of mine.” Pegasus said, he clicked his fingers again and mechanics came in to take the machine, whilst Tails took the book from Pegasus's guard. The group went to the table. Tails put the book on a projector and it appeared on the wall.
“The ban list.” Tails said. “What's the damage guys?”
Sonic rubbed his head, took his deck and searched it. He placed Fiber Jar, Tribe Infecting Virus and Pot of Greed down.
“That's the ban damage.”
“Three cards, huh?” Tails questioned.
“Not too bad, easily replaced.”
 
Rouge threw down the Magician of Faith and Dark Hole.
“That's me, Ban Damage.” Rouge said. “I'll live.”
 
Blaze threw down Cyber Jar and Dark Hole.
“That's the losses…” She said. “Nothing serious for me.”
 
Knuckles searched his deck.
“Woohoo! I've survived the Ban List!” He cheered.
“Nice one, Knux.” Sonic cheered for him.
 
Silver threw down Chaos Sorcerer, Dark Hole, Magician of Faith and Breaker the Magical Warrior.
“Such faithful cards, it's a shame to see them go.” He uttered.
“Awww, man, what a bummer.” Sonic said to him.
“Four cards, the most damaged so far.” Blaze said.
 
Tails searched her deck.
“I don't have any forbidden cards.” She said delightfully.
“Good, you're deck is awesome.” Rouge complimented.
 
Shadow looked through his.
“I'm good.”
“Me too.” Amy added.
 
Hitomi threw down Snatch Steal and Graceful Charity.
“I just revamped this deck…Meh.”
“Two cards isn't bad.” Amy said.
 
Hermana placed Dark Hole, Cyber Jar and Breaker the Magical Warrior down.
 
Cream looked like she was about to cry.
“What's up Cream? You lose a few cards, honey?” Rouge asked her. Cream then let the tears out and started crying, which caught everyone by surprise. Hitomi took her deck from in front of her and flicked through it.
“No way…” She said.
“What is it?” Sonic asked. Hitomi threw down Raigeki, Dark Hole, Harpies Feather Duster, Monster Reborn, Painful Choice, Change of Heart, Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity and Imperial Order.
“Nine…She lost Nine cards?” Amy asked, shocked.
“Just to the ban list?” Silver added a question.
“Now for the single card limits.” Tails switched the papers. Everyone looked carefully, except Cream, who was in Rouge's arms in tears.
 
Sonic sighed in relief
“I'm good.” He said.
“Me too.” Said Rouge.
“I'm okay.” Blaze added.
“Creams okay.” Hitomi said. Tails turned the projector off, after everyone saw their damages.
“Guess we got a lot of work to do.” She said.
“I'm not playing…” Cream muttered.
“What's that Cream?” Tails asked.
“I'm not entering the tournament, I lost my deck…” Cream then got up and ran to her room. Amy followed her, getting in just before she locked it. Hitomi narrowed her eyes and stood up, walking off.
“Where're you going Hitomi?” Sonic asked.
“I'm going to switch a few cards, then relax.” Hitomi said, walking off. Everyone looked at each other, then began going through their decks. They have a lot to do.
 
~@~
 
Sonic was in the card shop, looking at the packs. This shop was run by a very friendly young fox named Jenny. Sonic and her were good friends. She was lent over the desk, her hand over her cheek, she let out a small yawn as Sonic looked around.
“Hey Sonic, were you injured by the new ban list?” She asked.
“A little.” Sonic replied, still looking.
“I guess you're entering the tournament?”
“That's the plan.” Sonic took 4 packs and walked over to her, placing them on the side. She took them and scanned them. Sonic paid and stood there with them. She looked at him curiously. “Wanna see what I get?” He questioned.
“Sure.” And Sonic opened his packs, taking his cards into his hand.
“Hmm…”
“Anything useful?”
“Not really a few beasts in here, but nothing special.” He said. “Another Master of Oz, but I got enough of them.”
“Hmm…I wonder. I have a beast card I wanted to give to you earlier, so here.” Jenny said, putting her hand under the desk, taking out a large tin. She opened it and inside were piles of cards. She took one pile by the elastic around it and took it off, flicking through the cards. Sonic watched her curiously, then she found what she wanted and handed it to him, his eyes widening at the sight of it.
“This card is…very rare. And looks awesome. How long have you had it?”
“Long enough. It's yours, take it. I wanna see you use it though.”
“I will do, thanks!” Sonic said, putting the card in his deck. “Great, I'm all set, my deck is now Advanced Material. I'm gonna send my name to Pegasus, get me in this tournament, Thanks Jenny!” Sonic said, about to leave with his cards.
“Sonic…Tell your friends to come over, I might have some cards for them as well.” Jenny said, at this point, Hitomi walked passed Sonic into the shop, going toward the pacts revolving around Fairies. Sonic looked at her.
“Hey, Hitomi, what'cha doing?” He asked.
“I'm checking for some cards that will better allow me to summon my Suijin, Kazejin and Sanga.” She replied. Jenny looked at her as well.
“I doubt you'll find anything with Fairies, though.” She said.
“Well, it's the spells and traps I'm interested in.” Hitomi replied. Sonic shrugged and walked out.
“See you again Jenny!”
 
Back home, Sonic rushed in and to the computer. He looked at the paper next to it, which held the site written on it. Sonic went to the site and looked around.
“The paper says go…here.” Sonic said, clicking a link. A screen appeared, like a pop up and before you knew it, Pegasus appeared on the screen.
“Ahh, so the first entrant of the Special Guests.” Pegasus said.
“Wow, he has his own video, cool.” Sonic said to himself.
“This is a live feed, Sonic, I see you and you see me. Hearing each other is possible too. Now, lets see, if you are coming to this tournament as special guests, why not register as a team?” Pegasus suggested.
“Sounds good to me.” Sonic said.
“Of course a team needs a leader, and I believe the saying is `First come, First serve?' So, you'll lead this group. See the little G-Name bar to the left of my screen, type the team name there.” Pegasus said.
“I wonder what we should be called.” Sonic said. “I know!” Sonic input the name.
“Freedom Fighters, eh? Not bad, you may change it at any given time.” Pegasus said. “Now, Sonic, there should be a small box connected to the computer, my mechanics were nice enough to install this lovely device, place your deck inside it, would you?” Sonic shrugged, took his deck and placed it as told. The box closed and a bar appeared on screen.
“I'm scanning your deck, just to double check it's fitting for my new list.” Pegasus said.
“So, Sonic. Tell me. Will all you be entering?”
“Not sure, I think your ban list damaged Cream a lot, she said she doesn't want to enter.”
“That's a shame. She had potential.”
“She also had a lot of Banned Cards.”
“Indeed.”
“You banned the graceful charity?”
“I did. You see, when a card is relied on, and can be used in all situations, people simply can't duel without them. Thus, if I forcefully take it away, people must improvise. See what I mean?” Pegasus explained.
“I see.” Sonic jumped as a window came up saying `Deck Clear.'
“You're deck is perfect, lovely little addition I see.” Pegasus said, joyfully.
“Jenny gave it to me, she's really nice.” Sonic replied.
“Jenny…hmm, sounds familiar. Then again, I know lots of Jenny's.”
“Anyway, I gotta go get a chilli-dog, so I'm gonna head out.” Sonic said as he took his deck.
“Thank you for signing up, Sonic.” Pegasus then vanished, as the windows closed. Sonic sped off.
 
~@~
 
Tails, Amy, Rouge, Hermana, Blaze and Cream were in the card shop, looking around. Hitomi was still there from earlier. Amy was chatting away with Jenny.
“So, How long has Hitomi been here?”
“Too long if you ask me, but I'm making severe profit off of her, so It's alright I guess.” Jenny replied.
“Too long? What's she doing?”
“Revamping her deck apparently, but she has taken an awful lot of cards useless in my opinion to what she said they are.”
“How do you mean?”
“She claimed she was collecting cards to help her summon the Sanga of the thunder, Suijin and Kazejin. But she's been mainly buying packs with Fairies in them.”
“Really? How bizarre.”
“Hey Amy, check this out, Harpies Pet Baby Dragon, isn't it great?” Rouge said, showing her newly founded card.
“Nice one.” Amy said.
“Hey, Rouge. Here, take these too.” Jenny said, passing three cards from the tin to her.
“I just drew Harpies Pet Baby Dragon, Jenny.”
“Two is good.”
“These cards are awesome, thanks!” Rouge said, slotting them into her deck. Hitomi walked out from the deck room and passed everyone.
“Sis?” Hermana questioned, but Hitomi said nothing, she took more packs from the shelves and took out a small leather wallet, taking more money and giving it to Jenny for the packs, making her way back into the room. “She ignored me…” Hermana said sadly.
“Don't worry about it, sometimes everyone gets like that when making decks.” Cream reassured her.
“Cream, are you sure you're not entering the tournament?” Amy questioned her.
“I spent a lot of time on that deck, and Pegasus ruined it.” Cream said. “I'm not ready anymore, never was. I'm no good at building decks, I need time to make my deck, and time is short.” She explained. “I haven't enough time to build a deck again.”
“I see.” Amy said. “Well, let me help.”
“Sorry Amy, but I don't think anyone's help can build me a tournament ready deck for tomorrow.” Rouge smiled.
“We sure can try.” She said.
“You have your own decks to do, so I'll pass this time.” Everyone sighed, except Jenny.
“I'll enter if you do, Cream.” Jenny said, everyone looked at her.
“You play?” Blaze asked.
“Well, I own a shop after all, sure I do. I don't play often though.”
“Rookie huh?” Rouge said.
“Heh, yeah. I don't get much time to play.”
“Ever heard of the God Cards?”
“All of them, of course.”
“Ever get any in this shop?”
“Oh god no, there's only 1 of each existing in the world, just like I never get anything relevant to the Blue eyes white Dragon.”
“Man, those would be nice cards to possess.” Amy said, daydream-like.
“Well, shall we head off back soon?” Tikal asked. Hitomi walked out of the room again, she looked at everyone, whilst holding a deck in her hand.
“Oh, Hi everyone.” She said. “Didn't see you. I'd love to chat, but I want to enter the tournament, so if you'll excuse me.” She then walked passed everyone and left the shop with a large bag of cards. Everyone watched, then followed, saying goodbye to Jenny.
 
Strangely, Hitomi was already long gone; the other girls didn't see her as they made their way to Tails place. They all put their names in registration, except for Cream and all went to bed for the night.