Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Start of the tournament. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: The Start of the tournament.
 
The morning came booming in through Tails window, the light shining in her face, forcing her to awaken. She looked around her room for a moment before rubbing her eyes.
“I can't believe I miscalculated the day of the tournament. I thought it wasn't for some time, oh well.” She sat up and got out of bed, got refreshed and did what she needed, before heading out downstairs. Some of the others were there, some followed from their rooms. Pegasus was sat in an armchair, sipping tea and waiting.
 
As soon as everyone was around and waiting, Pegasus put his cup down.
“Now, firstly, I would like to thank all of you for chatting with me and signing up.” He said.
“We didn't all sign up, Cream didn't.” Sonic said, looking at Cream, sat comfortably next to Shadow.
“I can't without a deck.” Cream added.
“Ah, but you have entered. My list clearly has your name and a deck here for you.” Pegasus said, flipping through his papers.
“What? But I…?” Cream was confused. Hitomi pulled out a small white box from her bag with fairy wings on it and slid it over the table. “What?”
“I personally made that deck for you Cream.” Hitomi said. “If you want to use it, please do, but two things I want to show you first.” She pulled out a clipboard and slid that over as well. “First, that's the budget of the deck.” Everyone looked at it and most widened their eyes.
“How much?” Tikal was stunned, to say the least.
“All this on Cream?” Sonic questioned, “You don't know us from Adam and you spent this much on a deck made specifically for Cream?”
“I did. I felt it was crewel to leave her out of the tournament, due to that massacre to her deck. So I spend all afternoon yesterday buying and building that deck in front of you, I can assure you it's top notch.” Hitomi said, yawning a little.
“I will admit, I like it's layout.” Pegasus said. Cream took the box and stared at it.
“Thank you Hitomi, but I still don't think I can.” She said.
“Remember when you duelled Shadow, remember what I told you?” Hitomi asked.
“Yes.”
“Think about what I said, and at least try. I may not be completely broke, but that cost me a lot to build that deck.”
“You shouldn't use the price to bribe her into playing.” Silver barked at Hitomi.
“I'm not, she has the option, I'd gladly find another person willing to use that deck. I just want Cream to have it.” Pegasus cleared his throat.
“Let me continue. The tournament is set as so, everyone gets 3 rings. There are 18 spots in the finals, and you need 15 rings to get in. You win by betting some rings in a duel, the if you bet 2 rings, your opponent must accept and bet the same amount, if you win, you take your rings back and take theirs, but if you lose, those rings go to them. Once you have no rings, you are out. No one is going to duel someone with no rings. Any Questions?” Everyone nodded. “Good.” Pegasus then put a case on the table and opened it. He took rings the size of his palm out and showed them to everyone. “These are the rings. I have enough for each of you, so take them and we may depart for the tournament.”
 
~@~
 
Everyone arrived, via limo, to the large duel dome.
“Because of the last tournament, there are some other special guests, lets hope you don't meet them, they are quite deadly.” Pegasus said, getting out the car. Everyone followed him toward the dome. The tournament doesn't begin until the doors are locked, there are several specially designed cameras throughout the building, and the large duel arena that Tails made will only be used at the final 18 matches. The rest are lesser tech areas. There is a large set of screens, as some of the duels will be shown, depending on my interest. The duel arena consists of 14 different parts. They are to make it more interesting, seeing as anyone can be there, makes it hard to look for someone specific.” Pegasus explained as they reached the doors.
“Please go and wonder around, you'll not have much time before I begin, though.” Pegasus then parted with all his guards and personal employees with him.
 
Sonic turned to the others.
“Okay, we all want to get into the finals, so lets avoid challenging each other if we can. We will duel in due time I say, the competition here should be most enlightening.” He said.
“Sure, sounds good to me.” Tails said. Everyone nodded in agreement.
“Okay, lets scope the competition. Tails, Knuckles, coming?” Sonic asked, Tails and Knuckles walked over to Sonic, looking back to the others.
“I'll take Cream with me.” Amy said to them.
“And I'll go with you.” Rouge said.
“Me too.” Tikal added, the four walked to another bit.
“I'm going with Hermana.” Hitomi said.
“Blaze and I will be okay alone.” Silver said.
“Guess I am going this alone.” Shadow folded his arms.
“Nah, come with us.” Hermana said to him.
“No thanks, I'd rather not travel with those who aren't really one of us.” Shadow said insultingly.
“If that's the case…” Hitomi started closing her eyes. “Then I'll refer to you all as enemies. If I meet you, I will duel you.” Hitomi then walked off, Hermana shrugged and followed, waving goodbye to the “Freedom Fighters.”
 
“Perfect, my plan is about to commence. Scourge, you know what you need to do.” A voice said from the depths of the shadows.
“Yes, lord. That Shadow will make a lovely pray.” Scourge said, as he walked from a shadow, revealing himself to the light.
“I'll take Shadow, You go after Sonic.” Another voice, belonging to Fiona Fox said as she appeared from the shadows with scourge.
“I'm going to check out that duellist known as Hitomi.” The voice from before said. “You each have a target, take them out and remove them of their rings and rare cards.”
 
“Hello fellow duellists and welcome to my Tournament. My name is Pegasus, you know me as the creator of the game. Now, before we begin I will explain the rules. First, everywhere you stand, be it top or ground floor, you are all surrounded with the most advance duel tech, thus you may duel anywhere. Special duels that peek my interest will go on the big screen. You each have 3 rings; you need 15 to enter the tournament. Only 18 places are available in the finals. There is a door somewhere in this building, once you have all 15 rings, you must find this door and insert all the rings into the 15 slots provided. Upon so you will be taken into the finals where the stage is set to duel, specially crafted by special guest Melissa “Tails” Prower.” Pegasus explained through speakers.
“Melissa?” Sonic questioned Tails.
“You'd rather he called me Miles?” Tails asked. Sonic shrugged.
“Now, here's how it works. A challenge is issued, only by placing the same number of rings as your opponent challenges will start the duel, you do not have to duel them forcefully. You start with 3 rings, if you lose all the rings you are out of the tournament. If you win a duel, the rings placed on the arena will automatically become yours, and visa versa for if you lose. Now, happy duelling, please don't make it boring for me. Let the tournament begin!” And upon those words, the arena bustled with noise from the duellists, duels began and monsters appeared all over the place.
 
Sonic, Tails and Knuckles walked around upon coming upon 3 familiar faces.
“Hey! Vector, Espio, Charmy!” Sonic called out. The three walked over to the Chaotix. Vector looked at Sonic.
“Hey, long time no see.” He said. “You're just in time, this chump here has challenged Charmy.” The gang looked at Charmy, and a dark blue fox with long lighter blue hair and red eyes.
“Hmm, know anything about him?” Sonic asked.
“Only that he's about to get creamed.” Vector said.
 
“Let the duel begin!” Charmy said as the two inserted their cards into the small normal duel arena.
“I'll take the first turn honours, bug boy.” The fox said, drawing six cards, as Charmy drew 5.
“The name is Charmy! Charmy Bee! And don't you forget it, chump!” Charmy barked at him.
“The name is Yuca…just Yuca. And I am the Dark Warlord!” The fox called out loudly, getting a crowds attention.
“Just start already.” Charmy said, seeming irritated.
“I'll set these two monsters and summon Double Coston!” Yuca said, as the twin headed ghost morphed out of nowhere, laughing irritably toward Charmy. (1700/1650) “That finishes my turn, perhaps it's only fare to warn you that my deck is highly frightening, I'm sure a kid like you might just piss yourself if I get too deep into it.”
“Oh shut up!” Charmy said, drawing his card. Heh, perfect, the monster I want is already sat here waiting in my hand. Charmy thought. Lets play this creep out and take him by surprise. After a small smirk, Charmy looked to his opponent.
“I'll set these two cards and a monster, then it's back to you, creeper.” Charmy said, playing out his cards.
“Hah, is that the best you can do, cower?” Yuca smirked. “This will be easier than I thought.” He drew his card. “I'll set this card down and summon my Regenerating Mummy.” The mummies hand burst from the ground and pulled him to the surface, looking toward Charmy, who had a sweat-drop of fear on his head. (1800/1500)
“Uh…A mummy?!” He said.
“Yes, a mummy.” Yuca said. “Now my Mummy, attack the face down card!” The mummy then charged forth and smashed into the monster, who turned out to be Silent Insect. “Hah! Such a week bug, just like my opponent.”
“Shut up, you're so cocky with your snotty attitude!” Charmy barked again.
“Well, what do you expect, I'm evil.” Yuca grinned. “Anyway, I'll end my turn by attacking you directly!” Yuca said. The Double Coston attacked poor Charmy, knocking him down to the floor. <6300>
“Ouch!” Charmy said, lifting himself up and rubbing his backside. He took to the air and hovered over his duel arena drawing his card. “I summon Chainsaw Insect and attack the Mummy!” The Chainsaw Insect appeared on the field and charged the mummy; the two did battle for a few moments, before the insect bested the mummy. (2400/0) “Sure, this lets you draw a card, but I still hurt you!”
“Meh, a feeble attempt.” Yuca said. <7400> Yuca picked up his card.
“I'll let you play now.” Charmy finished. Yuca drew his second card.
“I'll summon the Pyramid Turtle.” Yuca said, as a pyramid appeared next to Coston and then sprouted into a turtle. (1200/1400) “And switch my Double Coston into defence mode.”
 
“What's he up to?” Vector asked.
“That's a trap, obviously, for some reason, he wants Charmy to attack his Pyramid.”
“That's because the Pyramid Turtle, once destroyed, allows him to summon a monster with 2000 defence points from his deck, no matter what it is.” Hermana said, coming up from behind everyone. Everyone turned to look at her.
“Where's Hitomi.” Tails asked.
“I don't know, she went to the bathroom and never returned, I went in to find her and she was gone.” Hermana said, sounding worried.
“Hmm…how odd.”
“Darn it, this is what we are here for!” Vector said, frustrated.
“What?” Sonic questioned. “What do you mean?”
“Well, apparently there are some underground duellists in this tournament, who corner duellists, trap them, duel them and then kidnap them, or take their rarest cards.” Espio explained.
“I see, so you think they got Hitomi?”
 
“Back to our duel…It's bug boys go.” Yuca said. Charmy drew his card.
“I tribute my Chainsaw insect for Sabre Beetle.” (2400/600) “And then I attack the Double Coston. As it's effect, what difference between my attack and your defence is taken from your life points!” Charmy said, smirking.
“Heh, no matter.” Yuca snuffed as his monster was vanquished. <6650>
“That ends my turn.” Yuca picked up.
“I'll set this monster down and switch my Pyramid Turtle to Defence mode and end my turn.” Charmy drew his card.
“I'll set this card and attack you with Saber Beetle. Take out the face down monster!”
“Hah! This is another Pyramid Turtle, and as it is destroyed and sent to the graveyard due to battle, I get to summon my monster with 2000 or lower defence points still.” Yuca laughed as the Turtle was destroyed. <5650> “I think Ryu Kokki will do just fine.” He smiled menacingly as his horrific monster burst from the ground and roared at Charmy. (2400/2000)
“It's huge!” Charmy said, somewhat fearfully.
 
“Don't back down, Charmy. You can do this!” Vector said.
“Yeah, go little bee boy!” Hermana cheered.
“Little Bee Boy?” Charmy questioned.
“Oopsie.” Hermana hushed.
 
“Now, continue.” Yuca said.
“Hmm…that's all I'll do for now.” Charmy said. Yuca Drew his card.
“I'll use Premature Burial to summon back my Double Coston in attack mode, sure it's a waist of 800 life points, but it'll be worth it later.” Yuca said as his monster returned. (1700/1650) <4850> “Now I'll set this monster on the field and end my turn.” Yuca said.
He's no amateur, that's for sure. Charmy thought, drawing his card. I'll need to be careful.
“I'll set this card and finish my turn.” Charmy said.
“I'll activate Compulsory Evacuation Device and send Sabre Beetle to your hand.” Charmy's monster was returned, with a frustrated grunt from Charmy. Yuca drew another card. “Now, I'll activate Heavy Storm, removing all spell and traps from the arena.” Yuca said as a storm blew in and gusted all the spells and traps away. “Now I'll tribute my Ryu Kokki for Great Maju Garzett! And because of his effect, he has double the Attack of the monster I tributed. That gives him 4800 attack points. And because you have no monsters, nor spells and traps. You're wide open.”
“This isn't good…” Charmy said, sweating a little.
“No, it's not! Now attack my monsters!” All Yuca's monsters charged in for the attack, taking Charmy to the floor and taking him out of the duel. <0>
“Now, hand over 2 rings, as promised.” Yuca said, holding his hand out. Charmy took two of his rings, sighed, stood and hesitantly passed them over.
“That was intense.” Knuckles said.
“Bit one sided if you ask me.” Hermana countered. Yuca took his deck and turned to leave.
“Wait, just who are you?” Sonic questioned him.
“Me? I'm no one, just a fox out for revenge. So don't get in my way.” And with that, Yuca took his leave.
 
A zombie duellist huh? Seems you've changed Yuca, I guess it's not the same without your Sanga of the Thunder, huh? Hitomi thought, as she watch from the corner. Well, if you wanna duel me, bring it on, but in due time.